Chevy chase Acura in Bethesda MD - great Place to buy an Acura

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chevy chase Acura in Bethesda MD - great Place to buy an Acura

Hey All,

I've been on the board for a while now. After selling my 02 TL Type S I just got an 08 NBP TSX w/ NAVI oh and a 6 Speed. Love driving a manual again, even though i wasn't sure I would.

I highly recommend Chevy Chase Acura if you are in the DC/MD/NOVA area. Mike Jones who sold me my TSX may just be the best car salesman I have ever dealt with. He knew everything about the TSX, did not pressure us at all and worked with us to drop the price and get us a great deal. I have run into a lot of car salesman who know absolutely nothing about the cars they sell. The whole dealership is professional and great to work with. The service department is top notch as well.

Oh and when you buy a car there - free car washes for life (they have their own car wash)

If you go there ask for Mike. You won't regret it.

Last edited by dom; 07-24-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I'm sort of ok with the referral but please don't post links. We have on our own Acura dealers that pay to advertise on the site.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 PM
East Coast Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When people say Mike Jones, I keep thinking the rapper. Anyway, I'm glad you got an awesome car.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dom
I'm sort of ok with the referral but please don't post links. We have on our own Acura dealers that pay to advertise on the site.
I really apologize man. I am sorry I wasn't thinking.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Chevy Chase Acura is great.

I would've bought from there if I didn't buy mine from Rosenthal Acura.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
2nd Gear

What about Chevy Chase Acura for servicing ? I have not seen comments about it for maintenance (only found threads about service at Radley and Pohanka Acura). Chevy Chase is the closest dealership to us, and I wonder what is the forum's experience with it for service.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by andy22122
What about Chevy Chase Acura for servicing ? I have not seen comments about it for maintenance (only found threads about service at Radley and Pohanka Acura). Chevy Chase is the closest dealership to us, and I wonder what is the forum's experience with it for service.
You can also check out opinions in the Regions section, specific to your area.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by andy22122
You could try the dealerrater.com website
Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Advanced

I purchased a 2008 new TSX back in May of 2008 (when the 09 models had just come out) from Chevy Chase Acura. The salesperson was helpful and not very pushy but ended up leaving the company several months later. Nevertheless my experience at the dealer for the purchase was overall good. I had an ok service experience on the one time I brought my car in for an oil change/tire rotation using a coupon discount.

However, about a year after purchasing the car, I noticed for the first time that the second set of keys did not work on my car. I had never even tried to use them but I left them for my mother who couldn't get them to work. Upon going into the dealership and thinking that they gave me the wrong ones and would easily be able to make me another set, I ended up having to wait nearly 3 hours for them to make the new set, after having to wait for the service or sales manager to return from lunch in order to approve this. I was ticked off since they clearly didn't give me the right key, so they should have simply made a new set for me. Other than that, there service dept. seems professional but is very expensive. I was quoted recently $195 for an oil change and tire rotation!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Cruisin'

Pohanka Acura in Chantilly Va is sub par~ Service men there are DICKS
Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know if they still offer it, but Radley Acura in Bailey's Crossroads (NOVA) used to give free oil changes for life when you bought there. I got my 07 5A w/Nav there for $250 under invoice over three years ago and I always took it there for my free oil changes.

The service people were pretty good, but there was this one Hispanic guy (can't remember his name) that was a real dick the one time I dealt with him.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nogard13
I don't know if they still offer it, but Radley Acura in Bailey's Crossroads (NOVA) used to give free oil changes for life when you bought there. I got my 07 5A w/Nav there for $250 under invoice over three years ago and I always took it there for my free oil changes.

The service people were pretty good, but there was this one Hispanic guy (can't remember his name) that was a real dick the one time I dealt with him.
oil changes for life = you bring your car in there and they "find" things wrong with your car that need fixin'. no thanks. also, pushy salesmen who use every trick in the book to try to get you to buy.

the internet sales guy at rosenthal in gaithersburg was awesome. i would buy from him again. i had my front brakes replaced/repaired under that TSB and the salesman and one of the service reps hooked me up with a loaner and made sure i was happy with the car and the service. i live in arlington VA so going up there is a hike, but it was worth it to avoid dealing with crap.

i've also heard good things about chevy chase acura as well.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my car from Chevy Chase Acura too in 9/2006. I did all of my negotiating by e-mail (with other DC area dealers too). The guy from Chevy Chase came out on top and gave me zero BS. Being a Honda/Acura enthusiast, I knew exactly what I wanted and put it all in the web requests I made, but the guy from Rosenthal just wouldn't get a clue. He insisted that we talk on the phone (or I come in) so that he could make sure "I get the right car".

I liked Chevy Chase's service dept too, but my old SA has left and they seem to have had done sort of reorganization in the last year or so. The last guy I dealt with there... I didin't like at all and felt he was definitely running hard trying to upsale me. I've since used Rosenthal and Sport Honda, but I will probably try Chevy Chase again in the next week or so.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear

Chevy Chase Acura - false estimates

Chevy Chase Acura - false estimates
I have written proof that Chevy Chase Acura gave me estimates for problems that did not exist, three times. The last time I am reversing the charge and filing a complaint with the state regulators. The false estimates were a left side AC repair on my 1998 TL 3.2 (I came in a few months later for the repair and they said couldn't find it - no $900 repair in their system, but I have the written esimate); second said a rattle in the front was due to bent wheels and replaced them, but made it much worst and then said I need a new transmission mount and bearings (local garage inspected and found absolutely no problem with either).

They have a real scam here with the mechanics making up repairs and a nice team of young guys selling to the public. Too bad somebody can't shut them down with a nice fat lawsuit or aggregated complaints from enough people.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:15 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Chevy Chase?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Vtecharles
Pohanka Acura in Chantilly Va is sub par~ Service men there are DICKS
damn who did you piss off over there?? i haven't had any problems with them the last 5 years. in fact they have been quite friendly and honest with me (and i'm a chick). my only issues have been with one service advisor who is there part time and with the car being washed (which i specifically request it DOES NOT get washed).