Changed TSX Specs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PWPTSXER
who gives a RATS ASS ABOUT THIS TOPIC..

tell me things that are actually IMPORTANT about the changes for 05!!!
Important changes for '05:

1. Nothing
2. Nothing
3. Nothing

Old 08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This topic had NOTHING to do with the changes to the 05. Read it again from the start toolbox...

And note the date that it started...
Old 08-23-2004, 04:03 PM
ric
Safety Car

5. Finally, to folks who live in congested urban areas with little access to "the twisties", maneuverability in jammed parking lots and side streets is important and this is not a trivial issue. If it's not important to you, fine, but it's not really fair to criticize those of us for whom it is an important consideration.[/QUOTE]

I live in downtown Philadelphia, park in an urban parking garage and park on the streets all of the time, both left and right hand parallel park. The turning radius has no bearing on parallel parking that I can determine; if the car is positioned correctly on the back-in, it takes one cramp in and one to straighten up, both tight but both well within the car's metrics. Can fit in any space ten inches longer than my car with two cuts in, anything more is a breeze, frankly. Only challenge I face is the TSX is about 10" longer than my old car. I have not found the car at all difficult to handle in any parking lot I've faced yet. I've done a few ubies, and the car's wide stance shows up then. Have yet to do a K-turn when I intended to do a full u-turn. Radius affecting the ability to turn on tight streets? Follow Philly's dump trucks and busses threading their way through Society Hill, with a street infrastructure suited to carriage trade of the 1690's and not widened since.......... Not an issue. Really.

as for the "twisties", I take the car out on the Fairmount Park river drives, posted for 40, can toss around at 65 with narrow cartways, a few s-curves, a level drive surface, few banked turns. Lotta fun. Have to push the BMW's outta the way, tho.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who gives a RATS ASS ABOUT THIS TOPIC..

tell me things that are actually IMPORTANT about the changes for 05!!!
And by the way, "PWPTSXER"...Your not fooling anybody...BG...

Different name, same annoying posts...

And whats even more funny is that I didnt think anything of it until I recognized your propensity to CAPLITIZE certian WORDS to ACCENT whatever point your FAILING to MAKE.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:17 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rb1
Well, let's summarize, as I'm not a post whore...
5. Finally, to folks who live in congested urban areas with little access to "the twisties", maneuverability in jammed parking lots and side streets is important and this is not a trivial issue. If it's not important to you, fine, but it's not really fair to criticize those of us for whom it is an important consideration.
I live, work and play in (Center City) Philadelphia, park in a parking garage, stash the car on the street a lot. Parallel parking, either on the right or left is simple if the car is positioned correctly; one cramp in, one cramp to straighen back, and then straighten tires out; it's not rocket scientistry. Some jockying to do if the space is really tight. At no point in a basic parallel parking manoever does the turning radius come to play, in my mind................ have had a few u-turns; car is wider turning than my old one, but geez, ya gotta pick where you turn. I find the car tight, nimble and easy to navigate. As for turning on tight old streets, all ya gotta do is watch the city's trash trucks and busses navigate the 1690's cartways in Society Hill to know that the radius turn is not the problem on those streets.

As for "twisties", I run the car out on West River and Kelly Drives, both flanking the Schuykill River. Flat, no banked curves, tight cartway, a few s-curves and a couple of tunnels through granite outcroppings. Posted at 40, can be done with fun at 65, so long as no one is watching. No back mountain road, but still fun.....
Old 08-23-2004, 04:44 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by joerockt
I talked him into it...

So, he will model a left turn to a 2 lane road (using 10 ft as the standard) and 38.1 as the turning radius.

Probably have it tomorrow, Im sure you all cant wait
I'm not sure what there is to model. Turn the wheels as far as they go, and the car will inscribe a circle 38 feet in diameter. 3 lanes 10 feet wide can only hold a circle 30 feet in diameter, maybe 31 counting the stripes.

Obviously, if you are at an intersection, then you have more maneuvering room (e.g. the island next to the left turn lane, and then there is no curb on the opposite side so I see why this would work in this case.

I backup about 2 feet and then take a small 360 (well, 270 ) out of my preferred parking space each day that would not be possible without an extra stop-turn-backup-turn-go in any car with a turning circle much over 34 feet, so I get a frequent reminder of this. It's also much easier to parallel park in a small space.

No, I wouldn't make a buying decision based on this alone, but for some reason Honda/Acura cars have wider turning circles than similar models of other makes, and the logic escapes me. No biggie.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

My name is not bg that you are talking about. My name is Sammy, so get it straight please.

and what annoying posts are you refering to? No one has made any comment about my posts thus far, and i dont think this post was annoying to anyone but yourself. Please watch who you call a toolbox.

and the post topic was about SPECS

Specs can mean HP, wheel size, tire size, lights, engine stats, basically anything that deals with the car.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
That's so funny. I was just thinking today what a wide turning circle the TSX has. It's like you turn the wheel and are genuinely surprised at how soon it hits the stop.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:09 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
My name is not bg that you are talking about. My name is Sammy, so get it straight please.

and what annoying posts are you refering to? No one has made any comment about my posts thus far, and i dont think this post was annoying to anyone but yourself. Please watch who you call a toolbox.

and the post topic was about SPECS

Specs can mean HP, wheel size, tire size, lights, engine stats, basically anything that deals with the car.
Thread is closed. Start another if you guys want but stay on topic.

PWPTSXER you have PM.