Canadian spec 05 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is hilarious!

I can't see Acura adding a Nav system for the EL, or even the RSX. The EL is due for replacement in '06, and like its been said already, why would Acura spend the time re-engineering a car for such an add-on when its in its last model year? Especially a Canadian exclusive car? Sorry, but it won't happen...

As for the RSX, I can't figure out where the hell they would actually be able to fit a Nav system on that dash. And I doubt such a feature has alot of appeal to Acura's target market with this car...

Whichever salesman said that all Acura's will have Nav by 05 is full of shit. :sqntfawk:
Old 06-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bahnstormer

I can't see Acura adding a Nav system for the EL, or even the RSX. The EL is due for replacement in '06, and like its been said already, why would Acura spend the time re-engineering a car for such an add-on when its in its last model year? Especially a Canadian exclusive car? Sorry, but it won't happen...

As for the RSX, I can't figure out where the hell they would actually be able to fit a Nav system on that dash. And I doubt such a feature has alot of appeal to Acura's target market with this car...

Whichever salesman said that all Acura's will have Nav by 05 is full of shit. :sqntfawk:

Lougheed William ROFL.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:49 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
No way, that's the dude who sold me the TSX.
He wasn't like that when I went there.
He was a nice guy explain everything to Me.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bender Unit
No way, that's the dude who sold me the TSX.
He wasn't like that when I went there.
He was a nice guy explain everything to Me.
Hee.... you better get to know him more. He is a very nice guy at the beginning, esp you are buying a car. He claims that he is on your side, but pretty obvious he is on the sales manager side. (oh well, which salesperson is not like that?)

worst thing is that my friend now is having some drama with him. (I don't want to post details here b/c i don't feel like sharing someone else's drama here). Anyways, his attitude changed dramatically, and become a dick already.

But I don't blame him... all salesperson are similar....
Old 06-30-2004, 02:46 PM
BU
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
WoW, interesting.... too bad you cannot share the story.

Bender
Old 06-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Instructor

sazabi - you should post details and let all tsxers here find a way to solve the problem for your friend
Old 06-30-2004, 03:20 PM
UK Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SAZABI

oh i gota save this pic! i love it
Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zigen
sazabi - you should post details and let all tsxers here find a way to solve the problem for your friend
it is not a big prob actually. And I know my friend will win the case b/c the law here says so.
Just that Lougheed Acura is giving him a hard time.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NeoChaser
oh i gota save this pic! i love it
I hope you are not one of the guys in the pic.... esp the one with light brown shirt.... completely OWNED!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:52 PM
UK Spec

the fitting part isn't hard..

they have it in japan.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SAZABI
it is not a big prob actually. And I know my friend will win the case b/c the law here says so.
Just that Lougheed Acura is giving him a hard time.
hope your friend can get it settle asap
Old 07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
No Longer a Poseur

I was reading the stuff about the EL getting Navi, and I was thinking the exact same thing....but, I believe that when the EL is due for replacement, I heard that it will be *discontinued*--leaving the RSX as the bottom model in the Acura lineup. At that point, it would also make sense to rebadge the RSX as a Honda Integra or something, leaving the TSX as the bottom model.

Also, both the console layouts of the EL and the RSX are not able to fit a nav screen. They'd need quite a bit of re-tooling to make it look and work correctly....and if what I've heard about the EL (and then by logical extension, the RSX) is true, then Acura would never spend $$ re-designing the console just to put in Navi for the few more years left in the line.

As for Navi in general, I could see a few times when it'd be nice to have. However, I'm not fond of the added complexity the navi brings to basic controls like radio and climate. Readouts are either buried in the nav screen or buttons re-distributed around the nav screen, which makes it (in my mind) less ergonomic. What they really need is a standard layout, and when you need to use Navi functions, a separate screen pops up that's controlled by a device similar to iDrive or the Audi controller down by the shifter. When you are not using the Navi, the car should look like a car that doesn't have Navi at all--logically placed controls for radio and climate, all dedicated to those functions.

Anyway, that's just my $0.04CAD.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Instructor

why do people keep assuming they have to retool the console of the EL(Domani) and the RSX(integra) the navi options are availible at "Honda Inter Navi Premium Club! " all Acura has to do is silk screen their stupid logo on it!
Old 07-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

What do you mean Cyde???
Old 07-01-2004, 01:40 PM
UK Spec

Originally Posted by Cyde
why do people keep assuming they have to retool the console of the EL(Domani) and the RSX(integra) the navi options are availible at "Honda Inter Navi Premium Club! " all Acura has to do is silk screen their stupid logo on it!
Domani was discont at MB4, the EK platform...

and yes u are totally right, it's not hard at all for them to add navi.... just bring the parts
over from japan and it's done... i mean the car (rsx) is made in japan anyways...
Old 07-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Banned

2005 TSX colors and changes for Canada ...

I was thinking of getting a 2004 TSX, until I heard someone say that Canada is getting a grey color. Also, I heard they are dropping the red. Can anyone verify that? What are the other changes lined up for the 2005's in Canada and does anyone know how much they'd go up in price?

Looking for suggestions as to get a 2004 or wait for the 2005?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-15-2004, 06:22 PM
has been here awhile

well...if there was 2005 info on this site, you'd see it everywhere. Nothing's out yet, so the best thing to do is sit back and relax. I'd say if you're not in a hurry, wait for the 2005. You'll have better resale value in the long run, since you're buying so late in the model year.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Racer

Ya but wont he get a better buy on an 04 model.......if he gets it 2000 cheaper........he wont really be losing
Old 07-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Cruisin'

As far as ive heard, and its because one of my good friends is in the process of geting his TSX. The two options were you wait and get an 05 and you have more colour selection and a firmer price i would imainge not to mention the 6.5% interest. Then on the other hand you can get your self an 04 model and have still the record high cheapest interest Acura's ever had 4.8% for both leaseing and financing. I got mine almost 4 weeks ago, leased it at 4.8%. I priced it out both ways with the same money down through leaseing and fiancing, the end value with interest and all was 60 to 100 difference between the two. Now you the choice is yours you pay up front for 5 yrs on a 10gs downpayment at nearly 600 a month or you pay half of the per month and lease it and pay the rest of it off in 4 yrs full out. In the end its all personal prefernce. As for what the 05 will bring, i believe its nothing more than colours and the optional navi package. Maybe just maybe the A-spec package also which i think is mainly rims and a lower suspension as far as ive seen for sale on ebay. Check out Acura 2000, they go through so much inventory they car afford to blow cars out the door at very very nice prices.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
merged...
Old 07-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Banned

I'm dealing with Acura2000 already and really like the customer service. I'm hoping Acura comes out with the Carbon Gray Pearl color. Also, does anyone know how much more the car is going to be ... do Acura cars have a high increase in price; such as $800+, or is it only by $200-$300? If I can get the same deal on an '05, as I am on the '04 then I'll wait. BTW, I'm buying the car (since I'm the type to keep my cars for 5+yrs) ... so rates are irrelevant.

Thanks and keep the tips (if any for 2005) coming.