brand new car prep detail from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brand new car prep detail from dealer

does anyone like the pre clean that dealer offers before u get a car from the dealer?
personally i dont ,,,,they are just messing the car up by spraying strong chemicals all over and dont wipe well,,,, and leaving fine scratches,,,,, it happend to me on my new civic,,,,next time if i get a new tsx, i ll not let them touch,,,, and drills holes on front bumper for plate....

how u guys get a tsx ?
Old 11-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Inspired

Re: brand new car prep detail from dealer

Originally posted by MSK tinting nyc
does anyone like the pre clean that dealer offers before u get a car from the dealer?
personally i dont ,,,,they are just messing the car up by spraying strong chemicals all over and dont wipe well,,,, and leaving fine scratches,,,,, it happend to me on my new civic,,,,next time if i get a new tsx, i ll not let them touch,,,, and drills holes on front bumper for plate....

how u guys get a tsx ?
Yeah, you can even have them leave the wrapping on the seats, thats what I have done before with customers. Also it brings more peace of mind to them, knowing that hardly anyone (if anyone) has sat in it.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:52 PM
CDR
Instructor

I had my dealer hand wash, but not wax and power buff, my new TSX. This did reduce the likely problem with buffer swirls, but I still got fine scratches, probably from them scrubbing off residue from the adhesive for the cover plastic sheets. I gave the car the full Zaino treatment the next day without need for removing the wax they would have put on. I'll eventually remove the scratches since they still show up on the dark CG exterior.

What I learned later from Autopia is that the truly obsessed have their car delivered with exterior plastic still attached and no wash. In hindsight, I'd have them do that ... would have accomplished my goal of no clear coat scratches. Claying would have taken off the adhesive residues more safely than scrubbing.

My salesperson was happy to comply, and it wasn't the first time a customer had requested this hands-off treatment.

By the way, my interior was fully prepped, no changes to standard practice for that. No regrets on that.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:49 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lukily I know the guy that preps cars at my dealership through another car forum so it was done by someone that knows what they're doing. Not all dealerships give crappy dealerships