Bluetooth w/ Blackberry

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth w/ Blackberry

I find that with my BB 7290 I can receve BT calls no problem, yet when I place a call from the phone it switches BACK to handset and then I have to switch BACK to BT again. Seems like an unecessary step. Is this a HSF issue or a BB issue?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:55 PM
10th Gear

I've seen a similar issue with my 7290 as well, just haven't played with it much at all yet. I think you may have to change the BB Bluetooth settings. I just looked at the Options->Bluetooth on the handheld. You'll see "HandsFreeLink TM", click the scroll button and select Options. By default Discoverable is set to No. Change that to Yes and see if it helps HFL connect automatically. I also went to "Device Properties" and changed "Trusted" to Yes (it was defaulting to No).

I just changed my settings and will check to see if it works in the car tonight (car's at home right now)...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RavenSE
I also went to "Device Properties" and changed "Trusted" to Yes (it was defaulting to No).
Do this... if it is trusted, once you get paired to the car, then it will use this by default.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by moda_way
Do this... if it is trusted, once you get paired to the car, then it will use this by default.
OK I double checked and have those settings. It's pretty cool that if I'm on the phone when I get to my car it switches to BT. That works great. The problem is when I make a call from the BB, with BT turned on. When I place a call the BT icon is on (showing I'm using BT) then it switches back to handset. I have to click the wheel and select "Activate Handsfree TM" every time.

If I place the car is dialing this isn't a problem of course, but then I don't have access to my BB address book either.

So what am I doing wrong??
Old 01-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HollywoodTSX
OK I double checked and have those settings. It's pretty cool that if I'm on the phone when I get to my car it switches to BT. That works great. The problem is when I make a call from the BB, with BT turned on. When I place a call the BT icon is on (showing I'm using BT) then it switches back to handset. I have to click the wheel and select "Activate Handsfree TM" every time.

If I place the car is dialing this isn't a problem of course, but then I don't have access to my BB address book either.

So what am I doing wrong??
I have the 7100 series, so I wonder if it might have something to do with that? What version of the BB software are you running?

(I support BBs at my work on the side)
Old 01-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Advanced

No issues with my 7290 running Cingular's latest software.

I would suggest deleting the pair from the phone, update the software, and repair. Also make sure it is a trusted device after pairing as mentioned above.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by moda_way
I have the 7100 series, so I wonder if it might have something to do with that? What version of the BB software are you running?

(I support BBs at my work on the side)
Me too actually, and had one since the 857. Quite annoying.