Bluetooth installed and working perfectly

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

Nice install! I like the screen in the "Not An Ashtray!" Where does he dock the cell phone?

Old 08-09-2005, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by CJams
Can't we all just get along?

Nice install! I like the screen in the "Not An Ashtray!" Where does he dock the cell phone?
there is no dock, it either stays in his pocket or belt clip. Bluetooth is wireless
Old 08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
If your bro has a problem with me, why am I hearing about it through YOU?

If anyone has an issue with me, I'd be happy to address it directly. But as far as dealing with your comments, I've nothing to do with you.

I just said that I use the external speaker - that's all.

With almost every system design request I get, I recommend two sysems - one with gear you can buy anywhere online or at brick and mortar stores, and the other with gear I sell If your brother feels that all I did was try to sell him somtehting, that's regrettable. Hey, bro, PM me about it, K?
Old 08-09-2005, 12:45 PM
VP Electricity

If your bro has a problem with me, why am I hearing about it through YOU?

If anyone has an issue with me, I'd be happy to address it directly. But as far as dealing with your comments, I've nothing to do with you.

I just said that I use the external speaker - that's all.

With almost every system design request I get, I recommend two sysems - one with gear you can buy anywhere online or at brick and mortar stores, and the other with gear I sell If your brother feels that all I did was try to sell him something, that's regrettable.

Hey, bro, PM me about it, K?
Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All this fuss for a bluetooth install? It's not that hard IMHO.

Eld has helped me numerous times in the past and has never charged me any money. If you ask him the right way, he is very generous with his information and will even go out of his way to help others. I've remember numerous times when he had board members have their installers call him up when they had questions. Read all of the stickies in the audio/video section and then come back and tell me he is greedy and charges for his info.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tsx536
All this fuss for a bluetooth install? It's not that hard IMHO.

Eld has helped me numerous times in the past and has never charged me any money. If you ask him the right way, he is very generous with his information and will even go out of his way to help others. I've remember numerous times when he had board members have their installers call him up when they had questions. Read all of the stickies in the audio/video section and then come back and tell me he is greedy and charges for his info.
i'm going by what happened with my brother, basically thats it. nothing else to discuss.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by rbf351
i'm going by what happened with my brother, basically thats it. nothing else to discuss.
Who IS your brother? You make it sound like I beat him up and took his lunch money.

My instructions are not worthless... they're just different than how you did it.

You CAN use these instructions to use higher-power relays and use a speaker... but it's not worth the work. I know how... but it's not worth it. It's far easier to install a speaker - especially since retail on the speker from Parrot is like $20 (I make so much money on that it's sick...)

El Guapo, could it be that you are upset about something else, and you are taking it out on me?

Jefe, The Three Amigos
Old 08-09-2005, 07:40 PM

i was too lazy to take pics tonight but here is how you wire it up correctly

first remove the navi system and both pockets. First i'll do the speakers

Speakers
take the femle end of the speaker harness from the parrot 3100 and cut the wires from pins 2 and 3 off from the harness. pins 2 are for the passenger side, and 3 is for the driver. 1 and 4 are for the rear and not needed. doesn't seem to matter which is + or - since both ways work

take those 4 wires and goto the car AMP, the harness you are using is connected into the AMP, the connector is light blue in color and has 20 pins/wires
splice into these wires

2 - Passenger + speaker wire (green/yellow)
12 - Passenger - speaker wire (grey/red)
3 - Driver + speaker wire (green/black)
13 - Driver - speaker wire (light green)

Now we need to hook up the power wires
there are a few choice you can either use the radio wires or amp wires

For constant power i used pin 10 on the AMP harness that was used above, it's a white/blue wire

For ground i used pin 20 on the AMP harness that was used above, it's a black wire

For the accessory wire i used the radio's light blue harness which also has 20 wires/pins
what you need to do is find wire 2 which is yellow/red and cut it in half, make sure you leave enough sire on both sides. Now attach the accessory wire to the side of the wire that runs into the car.

now for the relay and mute wire
86 - hook this upto the yellow/red wire you just cut in half on the car side
87a - hook this upto the yellow/red wire you just cut in half on the car side
85 - hook this up to the mute wire from the parrot 3100
30 - hook this up to yellow/red wire you just cut in half on the radio side

what this does is shut the power to the radio whenever the phone rings, or when you use the phone, and lets the amp have full power to work your speakers, and the bluetooth kit sounds perfectlly. if you just mute the radio the sound is very low, and you'll be unhappy with the quality

you can now take any of the leftover wires from the parrot 3100 wires, cut them short and tape them up, they are no use to you.

if anything is unclear please let me know
Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did your mommy and daddy hold your hand while you typed that?

You are a joke dude. Aside from that your directions suck ass.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by spatel600
You are a joke dude. Aside from that your directions suck ass.
whats the matter too tough for you to follow? trying to insult me, try a little harder than that. anyother fucking moron on this site. go back into your hole and die or whatever
Old 08-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Racer

whats the matter too tough for you to follow? trying to insult me, try a little harder than that. anyother fucking moron on this site. go back into your hole and die or whatever

First, your grammar buddy...think you're all smart how about reading what you write. Second, your directions are not organized at all. Too hard for me to follow? Actually I don't need your f-in directions to hook up a simple relay. Anyways I don't want to take this argument any further so I'm ending it there since your ignorance doesn't stop.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Instructor

I see a lot of "cut" and "splice", is this process going to void my warranty or are you just splicing wires on the CK3100 harness side of things?

- g
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I love this forum
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by glacius
I see a lot of "cut" and "splice", is this process going to void my warranty or are you just splicing wires on the CK3100 harness side of things?

- g
you are actually cutting and splicing the wires in your car, the warranty might become void if you happen to have a problem with the radio or speakers because of the CK3100, otherwise there really isn't anything to worry about.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Professional SLACKER

I wuld invest on a wiring harness. It cost more but no warranty void.....
I ended up spending $50 more but I think its well worth it....
my
Old 06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Mic up, Cue, Dissolve 1..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was hoping some one could help me out with this situation. I am looking for the wire in my 04 TSX with Nav that sends eaither a negative or positive output when the navi voice comes on. I want to use this output to trigger something so when the navi begins to speak the directions it can trigger something and when its done it will revert back. I dont think I am looking for the mute wire but I might be wrong. Basically it is what ever triggers the volume to lower when the navi speaks during routing. I am an installer at Best Buy so i know technical terms if you need to use them. Thank you for your time I am very interested in hearing from you.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Instructor

DUDE! i just barely noticed you're on this forum bro!! JDMARKO from jdmuniverse.

i'd like to do something like that for my tsx... we'll see!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Ck3100

I just picked up a CK3100 online. The place I took it to for the install said they'd have to splice into the existing wiring. Is there a harness for an 05 TSX w/ Navi?

The parrot site mentions a part (AC000008AA) that is for all Acura's > 1998. Anyone familiar w/ this?

(My first post, be gentle)