Bluetooth Follies - Name(s) not recognized?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Follies - Name(s) not recognized?

Hey guys,

While looking through some of the Bluetooth threads, it reminded me of some quirks I've had with my system when attempting to have it dial people on my phone list via voice activation and getting it wrong. I'm sure I can't be the only one to have run into this.

Anyways, thought it might be fun to compile a list of (mostly common) names that your Bluetooth system just can't seem to get right. I'll go first...

Name: Vincent
Response: Pound Six

Sounds somewhat similar I guess, haha.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find that as long as I say it exactly how I said it when I recorded the name I don't have any problems...

The first time I recorded most names I just said the name 'John' when it prompted me to say the name for the phonebook entry, however that's not the same way I would say it when I was talking normally and saying "Call John" ...

So I went back and changed the names to be stored in a more conversational tone that I would use normally and it works waaay better now...

Remember it matches it against what you recorded... if there was a true conflict with some other commands it shouldn't let you record the name in the first place until you say it differently...
Old 01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did store that name in the phone book and as far as I'm aware, I'm saying it exactly how it was recorded. I do remember having some difficulty in storing the name "Vincent" into memory though and getting the same "Pound Six" response. Eventually it got through and stored the name.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ if it was having difficulty when storing it, it will have difficulty recalling it, try a slightly different name... try his full name 'Vincent _____' or 'Vince' ...

i've had to slightly modify a few peoples names cuz they sound too much like another command.

Might be annoying at first but it's definitely worth it when using it