Blue tint side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blue tint side mirrors?

I saw a black tSX on here a couple a days ago but it was from singapore I think and it had blur tint on the mirrors just like the Honda Inspire? I believe it was a Euro-R Accord that had it, anyways I was wondering if you could put the Inspire mirrors on our TSX or can you just buy the blue tint glass from honda of Japan?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kaliraver69
I saw a black tSX on here a couple a days ago but it was from singapore I think and it had blur tint on the mirrors just like the Honda Inspire? I believe it was a Euro-R Accord that had it, anyways I was wondering if you could put the Inspire mirrors on our TSX or can you just buy the blue tint glass from honda of Japan?
I don't think the inspire Accord has the same mirrors as the TSX. At least I know for a fact that the NA Accord (equivalent to the Inspire) has a much different mirror shell than the TSX.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I remember this one guy on this forum saying he has a 2003 Accord and he put on some TSX mirrors on his car
Old 11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue tint mirrors? ...uhh....Got rice?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Instructor

I've been searching for the same thing with no luck. I thought they made like a blue tint sticker that you put on your side mirrors. A long time ago my friend had a clear sticker on his side mirrors that were suppose to keep them from fogging up.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

hmmmm, thats a question i plan on asking my tint guy when he shows up here. cuz i cant drive at night w.o the glare, its just the reflection.... its really annoying, i wind up putting my mirrors down and i dont see how safe that is
Old 11-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Rice?? you're crazy. every recent german car i've seen has blue tinted side mirrors. heck, my Jetta 1.8t did. i loved it. i miss having it. it does radically cut down headlight beam glare. plus it looks upscale and cool.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:58 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Depending on the color of your car, a light black tint (50% or 75%) might look better. Just my .02
Old 12-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

I finally found the pix, see these mirrors they look exactly like the ones on our TSX except for they have the blue tint am pretty sure they belong to the Inspire.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

I think the TL has those bluish tint side mirrors. I want them bad too.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by smgfan
I think the TL has those bluish tint side mirrors. I want them bad too.
As a matter a fact they do have blue tint on their side mirrors as well, I want them bad but don't want to buy them and find out they don't fit (the inspire mirrors)
Old 12-01-2004, 12:45 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone know the part # to that euro accord side mirrors? we can have our european breathens order for us...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Advanced

Yeah now i see what you mean by the tint. Foot in mouth about the rice.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
I don't think the inspire Accord has the same mirrors as the TSX. At least I know for a fact that the NA Accord (equivalent to the Inspire) has a much different mirror shell than the TSX.
the Honda Inspire (US accord) oddly enough has the SAME mirrors as the US TSX and the Japanese Honda Accord, weird huh
Old 12-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

i have always wondered if the tl mirrors would fit our car. someone order it and tell me if it fits.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by dzuy
i have always wondered if the tl mirrors would fit our car. someone order it and tell me if it fits.

I want the turn signal on my 3rd gen TL mirror, but you can't always get what you want
Old 12-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

I might have to order those Inspire mirrors their pretty tempting, I wonj't order them till next year cuz am broke BTW has anyone taking off their mirrors off before? If so do you guys have a pix?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:46 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Do you have the link to more pics of that Euro Accord?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Burning Brakes

This is the link to her cardomain site http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/619706/1
Old 12-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I think I finally found out if you can do the mod, here is a link to guy that has a 2004 Accord Coupe with TSX mirrors. http://www.cardomain.com/id/stormtroopers4 I will order the inspire mirrors probably around February or March and will post pix when I get them wish me luck
Old 12-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Burning Brakes

I just found the answer to my question after viewing alot of Euro-R websites and my conclusion is that the blue mirrors actually come from the Accord Euro-R in Japan, so its stock. Here are more pictures of the Euro-R with blue tint, now only one thing where the hell can I buy these mirrors I want them!!!

Old 12-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

I just found the answer to my question after viewing alot of Euro-R websites and my conclusion is that the blue mirrors actually come from the Accord Euro-R in Japan, so its stock. Here are more pictures of the Euro-R with blue tint, now only one thing where the hell can I buy these mirrors I want them!!!

when you found out where to get it, let me know, i want them too.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:48 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by trout25red
Blue tint mirrors? ...uhh....Got rice?
Actually, if the shades light enough, it looks really nice.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro

Those are JDM stuff. Although it's a direct fit between Euro accord and TSX you cannot actually use it since those mirrors are designed for right hand drive and the curvature of the mirrors are different than ours. If you ended up putting one in your car you will have trouble checking your sides.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:40 AM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Not to hijack the thread, but do some of the Euro Accords have 2 rear-fogs??
Old 12-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxboost
Those are JDM stuff. Although it's a direct fit between Euro accord and TSX you cannot actually use it since those mirrors are designed for right hand drive and the curvature of the mirrors are different than ours. If you ended up putting one in your car you will have trouble checking your sides.

I don't know about saying all that to me it looks like they are same size. I will try to ask boom plus toys if maybe they could special order them. Hopefully I will be able too and if I could would anybody be interested in a group buy to get them cheaper?
Old 12-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TSXsurf
Not to hijack the thread, but do some of the Euro Accords have 2 rear-fogs??
It's kool, and the answer is yes. One on each side of course, there is a thread about it in the picture section of the forum.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Burning Brakes

I finally got a response from boomplustoys and they said they could order the mirrors and they would be $649 usd. The trouble would like mentioed earlier is that they are for right handed drivers. Does anyone know if any country from europe that drives on the left hand side have these blue mirrors as well?
Old 01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I don't think you need the whole mirror, don't you just need the glass?

Last I knew you could remove the glass plate and leave the motor in the mirror.
Can you just order the JDM-UK glass?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

I asked BPT for just the glass piece but they say they don't sell it separetly (which is bull$hit because to my Accord I replaced just the glass piece when mine cracked). It's just more money for them I guess for selling you the whole mirror assembly
Old 01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

hhmmm, $649.00 I'd rather buy the Mugen Wing instead.

Since my mirrors, while stock, work pretty well I think.

Or for $649, I could get some new sticky tires, way cooler. Just my

Or a set of Koni's or the A-spec suspension.........you get my point.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Racer

I don't know if this will help, I no longer own TSX, but before I traded in, I went to A&B Glass if they can find Blue Tinted side mirrors that will fit into my TSX. Obviously he couldn't find any but what I asked him was what if he order MDX's tinted side mirrors since they much bigger in size and make them fit into TSX's. So he ordered, cut, put'em on my TSX guess what happend? They fit perfect. It did cost well around $250 but I thought it was worth it.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
hmmmm, thats a question i plan on asking my tint guy when he shows up here. cuz i cant drive at night w.o the glare, its just the reflection.... its really annoying, i wind up putting my mirrors down and i dont see how safe that is
Don't put them DOWN, point them OUT.

There's really very little point in having the side mirrors point straight back into traffic, showing you pretty much the same picture that you're already seeing in your center mirror, AND catching all the glare at the same time.

The way I set mine up is that I point the left (driver side) mirror so that the inside edge is just barely overlapping with the view from the center mirror. The right (passenger side) mirror is set up the same way. Its inside edge just barely overlaps with the right side of the center mirror. This usually means putting the mirror pretty close to the outside limit. Some lesser vehicles make this impossible.

You'll notice a few things:

1) It's a bit disconcerting at first, because you're used to the mirrors showing you what's behind you, but now they're showing you what's out to the side and only somewhat behind you.

2) Your blind spots become much smaller and depending on your specific position in the vehicle they can disappear completely. If you set them up right and use them right, you can usually get things set up so that you rarely ever need to turn your head to check the "blind spot."

3) Since the mirrors are not pointed directly back, the headlights of cars behind you are no longer an issue. Typically you'll only see headlights as a car is passing on one side or the other, and then only for a brief period of time, and usually you'll be looking at the headlight from off-center, rather than straight into the beam.

A friend who used to race Porshes showed me this a few years back and now I swear by it. I've disqualified several vehicles (surprise, surprise, mostly domestic) because the mirrors sort of stop when they're pointed straight back and you can't get them to this position. To my mind this way is much, much safer and a vehicle that won't let me do it is definitely a problem.

The one thing you need to remember is that if for some reason the rear windshield is obscured, you should reorient the side mirrors to give you the "straight back" picture. I usually set them up so that the two sides just barely overlap, giving me the best possible wide-angle view under the circumstances.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

That's the way you're supposed to set the mirrors. Eliminates your blind spot almost entirely.

It takes a bit to get used to, but definitely much safer.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech

I don't know about saying all that to me it looks like they are same size. I will try to ask boom plus toys if maybe they could special order them. Hopefully I will be able too and if I could would anybody be interested in a group buy to get them cheaper?

Maxboost is correct, the mirrors are different. Notice how the passenger side says "objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

A friend of mine has a Civic Si w/ JDM Civic Type R mirrors which mechanically fold in when the ignition is turned off. Looks cool and soooo JDM, but sooo useless. These mirrors were a pain in the ass to drive with, everything is so off, cant really explain it. Anyways he ended up taking them off and reinstalled the OEM mirrors.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 694 Likes on 417 Posts
I looked at a new RL a few days ago at the dealership and it didn't have the blue side mirrors, unlike the TLs. If clear mirrors are good enough for the RL, they're good enough for me.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Racer

but dont the RL mirrors dim automatically when high lights are behind you, or is that ONLY the rearview mirror?
Old 01-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
My 03 CL-S had the blueish tinted side mirrors. They didn't dim, and let me tell you they really didn't make much of a difference at night. Very slight difference.

I'd rather have the pass. side mirror tilt-on-reverse feature than the blue tint. I really miss that. And the heated mirrors but the 05s have those. Too bad I've got an 04
Old 02-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by Creaminz
I don't know if this will help, I no longer own TSX, but before I traded in, I went to A&B Glass if they can find Blue Tinted side mirrors that will fit into my TSX. Obviously he couldn't find any but what I asked him was what if he order MDX's tinted side mirrors since they much bigger in size and make them fit into TSX's. So he ordered, cut, put'em on my TSX guess what happend? They fit perfect. It did cost well around $250 but I thought it was worth it.
I checked the part list for the MDX and it doesn't look like the mirrors would be a direct fit.

MDX

TSX

And it looks like the glass is $25/each? Where did the $250 come from?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Registered AssHat

Originally Posted by VeniceBeachTSX
Don't put them DOWN, point them OUT.

There's really very little point in having the side mirrors point straight back into traffic, showing you pretty much the same picture that you're already seeing in your center mirror, AND catching all the glare at the same time.

The way I set mine up is that I point the left (driver side) mirror so that the inside edge is just barely overlapping with the view from the center mirror. The right (passenger side) mirror is set up the same way. Its inside edge just barely overlaps with the right side of the center mirror. This usually means putting the mirror pretty close to the outside limit. Some lesser vehicles make this impossible.

You'll notice a few things:

1) It's a bit disconcerting at first, because you're used to the mirrors showing you what's behind you, but now they're showing you what's out to the side and only somewhat behind you.

2) Your blind spots become much smaller and depending on your specific position in the vehicle they can disappear completely. If you set them up right and use them right, you can usually get things set up so that you rarely ever need to turn your head to check the "blind spot."

3) Since the mirrors are not pointed directly back, the headlights of cars behind you are no longer an issue. Typically you'll only see headlights as a car is passing on one side or the other, and then only for a brief period of time, and usually you'll be looking at the headlight from off-center, rather than straight into the beam.

A friend who used to race Porshes showed me this a few years back and now I swear by it. I've disqualified several vehicles (surprise, surprise, mostly domestic) because the mirrors sort of stop when they're pointed straight back and you can't get them to this position. To my mind this way is much, much safer and a vehicle that won't let me do it is definitely a problem.

The one thing you need to remember is that if for some reason the rear windshield is obscured, you should reorient the side mirrors to give you the "straight back" picture. I usually set them up so that the two sides just barely overlap, giving me the best possible wide-angle view under the circumstances.
Listen to the man. He speaks the truth (I have all my mirrors this way as well.

Quick Reply: Blue tint side mirrors?