BAD Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BAD Service Experience

Hi Everyone,

First, I just had door locker problem last month and I took my 05 TSX to the Silverhill Acura which located in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Unfortunately, the service guy scratched my car's door and fender.
I have contact the service manager there, he asked me to leave my car there and gave me a loan car for a week.

However, after one weeks, when I came to pick up my car, the service person told me they print the door and fender. I went out and checked my car, they did nothing. The scratchs still there. Also I found the other problem. The driver side window can not get down all the way, because they didn't put the window at the right position.

Then They asked me to go home and they are going to contact Honda which in my city to fix the problems ( Door window and scratch).

Now I went back to my city and called them, the service guy always says "We are still waiting for Acura to approve. We will call you back." Now I am waiting, waiting, and waiting, still no body calls me.

My questions are:
1. Is that possible to fix my car at Honda? or they lie.
2. If so, how long should I wait until it get approved.
3. If they lie, what should I do?

Thanks for the reading!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Unregistered User

Sorry to hear about what happened but honda, toyota, acura, bmw, lexus dealerships suck. I bought a salvage title TSX which had a long and deep scratch on the left side. Replaced both doors in a friend's shop. All and all I paid $13 000 for 05 TSX with navi, 5 speed AT and 24k miles. Now my point is that if u want to save money AND keep your car running, do not go dealership. Its a myth that they know everything and warranty covers everything. They just trick and rip u off, my friend. Go to a private body shop for every problem u have like I do and u will be much safer.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
/\

I both agree and disagree. I have a 2nd Gen TL-S and when i took it to get the tranny replaced Miami Acura treated me like i bought then a Nissan to fix. They only wanted to replace the tranny and they told me Acura would not approve my rack and pinion or my rear main seal.
I called corporate Acura and they told me to just go to another dealership. I went to Acura of Pembroke Pines and they took care of everything and i didnt pay a red cent
Old 11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Unregistered User

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
/\

I both agree and disagree. I have a 2nd Gen TL-S and when i took it to get the tranny replaced Miami Acura treated me like i bought then a Nissan to fix. They only wanted to replace the tranny and they told me Acura would not approve my rack and pinion or my rear main seal.
I called corporate Acura and they told me to just go to another dealership. I went to Acura of Pembroke Pines and they took care of everything and i didnt pay a red cent

still most of the dealerships are the same
Old 11-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Mike D from Ohio

they messed your car up twice and told you to just just get out of here. I'd call every day until they fixed it. I'm sure they can fix a scratch and the window themselves instead of having to get a hold of honda. That's lame.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for reply.
I think if the Acura wants to gain the market, they must have good dealerships.
The Acura should evaluate its dealerships every year.
For those bad dealers, they should get warning from the Acura Corp.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Unregistered User

Originally Posted by Euro R
Thanks for reply.
I think if the Acura wants to gain the market, they must have good dealerships.
The Acura should evaluate its dealerships every year.
For those bad dealers, they should get warning from the Acura Corp.

Honda made 7.5 billion USD last year. U think they care? Acuras sell themselves, they dont need dealers
Old 12-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Intermediate

I am here to upgrade the situation:

I called the service advisor this morning to ask how long will it get approved. He got mad with me and told me to wait until next year.
After 2 hrs, he called back and said "we are not going to fix it, because we didn't scratched your door. Then I called the service manager, he also said they didn't scratched the door. He said they damaged the metal part inside the car and repleaced it.
Well, I got all the paper work that they gave to me.
It said, "Minor Body damage to door when actuator intall ED. Customer to get estimate from Bodyshop in Lethbridge and send to service manager."
If they didn't scratch the door, why send me to the body shop? why asked me to leave the car there for two weeks.
Also the service manager think I lie.

Now I am going to call their General Manager to see what is his attitude.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Unregistered User

Originally Posted by Euro R
I am here to upgrade the situation:

I called the service advisor this morning to ask how long will it get approved. He got mad with me and told me to wait until next year.
After 2 hrs, he called back and said "we are not going to fix it, because we didn't scratched your door. Then I called the service manager, he also said they didn't scratched the door. He said they damaged the metal part inside the car and repleaced it.
Well, I got all the paper work that they gave to me.
It said, "Minor Body damage to door when actuator intall ED. Customer to get estimate from Bodyshop in Lethbridge and send to service manager."
If they didn't scratch the door, why send me to the body shop? why asked me to leave the car there for two weeks.
Also the service manager think I lie.

Now I am going to call their General Manager to see what is his attitude.
Sorry but if u want good dealership go and buy a car that is hard for them to sell. A mazda or mitsubishi or something.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by valeratj
Honda made 7.5 billion USD last year. U think they care? Acuras sell themselves, they dont need dealers
the two acura dealers I take my tsx to for service also sell and service hondas.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Euro R:

Call Acura Customer Relations at 1-888-922-8729 (Canada). Speak with one of the reps about this.

Be respectful, have your facts straight, and ask them if they'd like you to fax a copy of the paperwork on which they wrote that they damaged the door.

Then, be sure to tell Acura that you want this fixed, and most preferrably at another dealership as you no longer trust this one. Or have it outsourced to a body shop of your choosing, if you know a really good one.

Again, BE POLITE YET FIRM, and make sure you have dates, names, and as much evidence as you can to back up your story. They WILL work with you if the dealership was in the wrong. I've been there (seat, and engine problems) and both times, the rep(s) on the other end of the phone conversation were excellent at getting the ball rolling and getting my car fixed.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Thank you guys!!!

Their general manager didn't response.
I am going to make an appointment with him to see how to fix the problems with us.
If he can not solving the problem, I am going to contact Acura Canada.

By the way, Curls, thanks for the phone numbers!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Intermediate

Bad News, Guys!!!
The general manager said the same as his crews.
Also he doesn't want to arrange a time with me to discuss this issue.
Now I have to contact Acura Canada.

I will let you know what's going on in the future.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What the hell is with the dealerships up in Canada eh? It seems like all we ever here about them is horror stories that culminate in the dealership refusing to help the customer out until big daddy corporate forces their hand. The American dealerships look stellar by comparison and they are hardly that.

Come on Honda, you can't allow your public face to be so douche baggily represented! Get a grip on this kind of lame ass shit already.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Unregistered User

I stand by my word. Private shops.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Intermediate

Thanks guys!!!
I have called Acura Customer Relations, she told me this issue is between the dealership an me. It is not the warranty or parts issues.
She said she will phone the service manager. Also I have faxed two invoces that are my evidences to the Acura Custoner Relations.
The problem is the case backs to their service manager again and that guy doesn't want to take the responsibility.
What should I do the next? To sue?

For myself, I have had high educations, I am a honest person. The $100 is a piece of cake for me, but who did the problem, who should take the responsibility. Do you guys agree?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Drifting

If there's a Canadian equivalent of small claims court, that's where you'd want to take them. Chances are they'd just fold and pay to fix before horsing around with the legal system.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Unregistered User

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
If there's a Canadian equivalent of small claims court, that's where you'd want to take them. Chances are they'd just fold and pay to fix before horsing around with the legal system.

I agree. They would rather pay $100 than lose time.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
ink

Bummer about the situation. Isn't there a BBB in Canada that you can file a complaint with? Hope that would make them budge or lose business... You do believe in Karma right. Trust me it exists!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It sad to hear how customers are treated in a suppose luxury car dealership. We should boycott that place.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Cruising in my

I never had any problems with Silverhill in the past. I've been there a few times with my 2006 TL same with my dad and his 2005 RL.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eh? spec
I never had any problems with Silverhill in the past. I've been there a few times with my 2006 TL same with my dad and his 2005 RL.
You are lucky!!! You have never had any problems before. If you have any problems, Silverhill can not solve your problem. Anyway, I hope you will have good services with them.