Avoid Acura Of Pleasanton's (California) Service Department!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misrepresentation of Acura of Pleasanton

I find it hard to believe that this gentleman has a video of something as ridiculous as he claims. Furthermore if the issues are a blatant has he claims, notification of the regional Acura Car Company representative would quickly solve this alleged issue. Lastly, if he was treated in this manner, why did he not escalate the issue to higher management? Why did he not attempt to return to the dealer he originally purchased from if all else failed?

I seldom write in defense of a car dealership but in this case I feel compelled to do so. I bought my Acura brand new from Acura of Pleasanton and I have received nothing but "Top Shelf" service and "Top Shelf" treatment from every individual I have come in contact with. I have had my periodic maintenance done, major services done, and a recent repair due to vandalism. In every case I have received a complimentary loaner car or a ride to and from the Bart Station so I didn't miss a minute of work.

I guess I appreciate people who dress professionally, provide me with professional service, and provide me with VALUE not just a low price.

Bottom line I am betting there is no video. I am also betting this gentleman is at fault for some level of negligence with respect to the damage to his upholstery and he wants someone else to pay for it. If he had been upfront and honest about what had happened to his seat, he might have gotten some percentage accommodation from the dealership as a gesture of good will but instead he opted to be slanderous and yell and scream making a claim of a video.

If no one believes anything else I have written here just think about this. Do you honestly believe that a Senior Level Manager is going to allow himself to be video taped? Do you honestly believe that regardless of the video tape issue, that a senior level manager would tell someone that there is a proper and improper way to enter and exit the driver’s seat? Lastly, do you honestly believe that anyone regardless of their position at the dealership would engage someone like this gentleman in the presence of others with him carrying on in such an uncontrolled, unprofessional manner?

It seems quite clear to me from what I have seen on my many trips to the dealership and the service that has been extended to me that this dealership is the class of dealerships that I have ever been exposed to. I never knew what service was until I received it at Acura of Pleasanton. and I will recommend them to anyone as I plan on buying my next vehicle and any subsequent vehicle from them because of their service, and professional staff. I wish I had a video to post of the outstanding services I have received there.

Bottom line here is this guy is just blowing smoke and I suggest that anyone that believes this line he is trying to sell, visit the dealership first and make up your own mind don't let him or me slant your view. Make your own decision.
My 2cents: For what its worth
Old 04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Advanced

Patrick, while you make some good points and I am sure there is another side to this story that we are not hearing....join date of April 2007 and this is your first post? Speaking of smoke being blown up asses.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Intermediate

PLEASE SHOW US THE VIDEO ALREADY ! i need a good l augh...
Old 04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
3rd Gear

Mr. Bigtimebooch.....I use no foul language to articulate my points. I use good grammar and good English. I attempt to blow smoke as you put it up no ones........ My point is quite simple. I have had excellent service from this dealership. I was doing an internet search to see if others had experienced the same as I was so surprised to have gotten service at the level I have received time and time again with the latest service being that I had spilled a Mocha all over my carpet and was unable to get the stain out after repeated attempts and shampooing it myself. I called the dealership and they reminded me that I had a car care package and if they could not remove the stain they would replace the carpet "FREE OF CHARGE". As it turned out, they were not able to remove the stain and did in fact replace the carpet "FREE OF CHARGE". My point is simple..... Their service is above and beyond that of any dealership I have ever purchased a car from and I find it ridiculous to think that intelligent people will always think the worst of some one or something without validation but always question it when someone speaks highly of someone or something because they think for some reason there is some ulterior motive. You are a prime example.

As I said before and I will say again. Their dealership is "TOP SHELF" in my book and they have never presented themselves in any way other than professional. It makes me laugh when I read someone slamming a salesman for being dressed properly and perhaps wearing some aftershave or something of the sort and some wanna be that wishes he could afford the suit and perhaps the watch the salesman was wearing finds a reason to fault him much the same as you look for a reason to fault me. Case Closed!!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
alright, alright, everyone calm down...

the issue is over, and everyone will have their opinion about dealerships...i have had my own issues with a dealership but it's life....some dealerships may provide better service than others...

have a Happy Easter everyone!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patrick A.
Mr. Bigtimebooch.....I use no foul language to articulate my points. I use good grammar and good English. I attempt to blow smoke as you put it up no ones........ My point is quite simple. I have had excellent service from this dealership. I was doing an internet search to see if others had experienced the same as I was so surprised to have gotten service at the level I have received time and time again with the latest service being that I had spilled a Mocha all over my carpet and was unable to get the stain out after repeated attempts and shampooing it myself. I called the dealership and they reminded me that I had a car care package and if they could not remove the stain they would replace the carpet "FREE OF CHARGE". As it turned out, they were not able to remove the stain and did in fact replace the carpet "FREE OF CHARGE". My point is simple..... Their service is above and beyond that of any dealership I have ever purchased a car from and I find it ridiculous to think that intelligent people will always think the worst of some one or something without validation but always question it when someone speaks highly of someone or something because they think for some reason there is some ulterior motive. You are a prime example.

As I said before and I will say again. Their dealership is "TOP SHELF" in my book and they have never presented themselves in any way other than professional. It makes me laugh when I read someone slamming a salesman for being dressed properly and perhaps wearing some aftershave or something of the sort and some wanna be that wishes he could afford the suit and perhaps the watch the salesman was wearing finds a reason to fault him much the same as you look for a reason to fault me. Case Closed!!
Only 2 post and both happens to be in this thread. I suspect this guy works for the dealership.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:52 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mickey513
Only 2 post and both happens to be in this thread. I suspect this guy works for the dealership.
Why not call and find out instead of making assumptions......... I don't work for the dealership!!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It's been over a week since the original post and still no video of the alleged poor service. I would suggest post the video or this thread will be locked.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Bigtimebooch
Patrick, while you make some good points and I am sure there is another side to this story that we are not hearing....join date of April 2007 and this is your first post? Speaking of smoke being blown up asses.
Just to be fair, the OP is also a new member and all of his posts have been dealer bashing. We really don't know the OP any better than Patrick A and the real intention behind this thread. Let's wait for the video before passing judgement.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Patrick A.

Right...as I said, I'm sure there is another side to this story. You just have to realize that it looks very hypocritical to be saying the original poster was "blowing smoke" when your only post was in this thread and you just joined the board sometime in the past seven days.

My bet is we'll never really know what happened.

For future reference, foul language aside, when you refer to someone as "blowing smoke," a common vernacular would complete the statement with "up his/her ass."
Old 04-08-2007, 04:09 AM
Intermediate

I guess the dealer can be nice to some people while annoyin' to others. Anewez..i m thankful to patrick for tellin' me where to go when I get my parchment interior get stained from a mocha.

Happy Easter Guyz!!!

p.s. i am really hopin' the video gets posted before the moderator closes this.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
I bet there is no video. OP had some problem with dealership and used this board to dis them. OP should be banned for this crap.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:18 AM
now with 7 gears

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you think pleasanton sucks, you may be in trouble

I, for one, have had nothing but good service from Acura of Pleasanton before. In fact, they were the only ones that even bothered to return my call about my 03 CL-S' radio code when I first got the car in 05. Concord Acura is about 20 miles closer to my house, yet I still ditched them and took it to Pleasanton for my service needs just because of that extra touch. When I switched to NGK iridiums during one of the service visits, I even got my old sparks back packly neatly in each of those little original boxes I supplied for the NGK's. As for oil, I also brought in my own Amsoil synthetic once and didn't heard any shit about that either, so I am perturbed as to why the OP has had such a 'horrible' experience. I'd like to see this video plz...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Well, no video, no proof = thread closed. If the OP decides to post the video (if exists), feel free to contact any of the mods to reopen this thread.