Atlanta TSX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by abcheng
I dunno about that.... looks like parents aren't living up to their promise and they're asking for the deposit back tommorrow. Enjoy your TSX guys. ::sigh::
Just tell your parents that carland will issue then a check within 7-10 days.
Then... when you have to backout of the deal, tell the people at carland that you got laid off or something and you'll have to make due with what you have.

I think they wont have anything to say to that.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called Hugh today about hte trunk mat and all season floor mats. He said the price was low because those things weren't included at first and I already got extra things with the car like mud guards and whell locks. Another reason was because he recieved from Alex's mom about how she doesnt want a manual anymore and wants to back out now. So yeah,looks like I'll have to buy them online. Aaron,I hope they would still stick with the deal they gave you.

I was eating with my friends around Gwinnett Mall today and I saw a truck loaded with Acuras. I saw a CG, a Red, and a White. I wonder if that was your TSX lol.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by leonvsclon
I called Hugh today about hte trunk mat and all season floor mats. He said the price was low because those things weren't included at first and I already got extra things with the car like mud guards and whell locks. Another reason was because he recieved from Alex's mom about how she doesnt want a manual anymore and wants to back out now. So yeah,looks like I'll have to buy them online. Aaron,I hope they would still stick with the deal they gave you.

I was eating with my friends around Gwinnett Mall today and I saw a truck loaded with Acuras. I saw a CG, a Red, and a White. I wonder if that was your TSX lol.
Did you try telling them that Ed Voyles protection package included the trunktray and the all season mats? You should tell them that you agreed to buy there since John told you that they would also try to match Ed Voyles price which means including all season floor mats along with trunk trey like they do.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Instructor

I believed I mentioned about Ed Voyles,but they kept saying I got a great deal and one person backed out,so no floor mats and trunk tray for me.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Drifting

Well... i'd say the floor mats probably aren't too important. We dont get THAT much snow here in Atlanta. But uh... what about the trunk tray? how much is that if you go in and buy it? Or you should just go in and ask for it at cost.

Also, you've already bought your car. You no longer have anymore power. They've got your sale and money and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. (at least this is the way that they think about it).
Old 04-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Advanced

Yep, they said it was a done deal the other day and they wouldn't even give me my deposit back. Aaron, they didn't call you and tell you they were gonna add $200 did they?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abcheng
Yep, they said it was a done deal the other day and they wouldn't even give me my deposit back. Aaron, they didn't call you and tell you they were gonna add $200 did they?
Um... wouldn't give you your deposit back? huh?
And no they didn't call me. So... still waiting.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Aaron, you got pm.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Well... i'd say the floor mats probably aren't too important. We dont get THAT much snow here in Atlanta. But uh... what about the trunk tray? how much is that if you go in and buy it? Or you should just go in and ask for it at cost.

Also, you've already bought your car. You no longer have anymore power. They've got your sale and money and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. (at least this is the way that they think about it).
I am not worrying about getting the mats right now. I think it'll be cheaper if I order them online. I'll order tham in the future.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Drifting

I am not worrying about getting the mats right now. I think it'll be cheaper if I order them online. I'll order tham in the future.
So how're you liking the ride so far?
Since we're so close. We could probably get together and do maintenance. I do my own maintenance on my cars like oil changes, tire rotations, brakes, filters.... etc...
That could probably save us some money.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Instructor

So how're you liking the ride so far?
Since we're so close. We could probably get together and do maintenance. I do my own maintenance on my cars like oil changes, tire rotations, brakes, filters.... etc...
That could probably save us some money.
Definitely. I would love to learn how to do those things
Old 04-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Instructor

I'm down with the maintanence route. I'm in Dunwoody atlanta right by Ed Voyles. include me on the invite
Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ComptechTSX
I'm down with the maintanence route. I'm in Dunwoody atlanta right by Ed Voyles. include me on the invite
NO! YOU CANT COME! lol

Just kiding! lol

of course you can come along. The 3 of us ought have a blast. Just not too many since my driveway is only so big.

how far away are you from your next service?

I'm 5000 miles away from my first oil change. where you at?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ComptechTSX
oh yea... and you can come as long as you promise not to steal. lol
Old 04-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Drifting

Good deal then. Where do you goto school? Ga state?
you should be racking up the mileage pretty quickly.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Drifting

By the way, John called me today and told me that my TSX is in.

:gheywave: :gheywave: :gheywave:

Altohugh i wish it was in Saturday. Now i'm just kinda busy during the week.
Man... ok well.
ITS IN!

:gheywave:
Old 04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Instructor

oh yea... and you can come as long as you promise not to steal. lol
not much to steal from a stock TSX......but cool...i promise i won't steal your rubber valve steam covers...since u asked nicely
Old 04-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Instructor

Nice! Maybe you can bring your TSX to the car meet this sat!

I ride MARTA to school! That way I dont have to deal with the traffic and save gas money! Looks like it'll take me a while to get my car to break in lol. I've only driven about 110 miles so far hahaha.

ComptechTSX, if case you are wondering, there is a car meet @ Perimeter Mall this Sat around 11 am. Here is the link: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...7&page=5&pp=25
Old 04-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Drifting

I ride MARTA to school! That way I dont have to deal with the traffic and save gas money! Looks like it'll take me a while to get my car to break in lol. I've only driven about 110 miles so far hahaha.

ComptechTSX, if case you are wondering, there is a car meet @ Perimeter Mall this Sat around 11 am. Here is the link: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...7&page=5&pp=25
Marta's ok i guess.
But aren't you in lilburn? so you have to drive all the way down to the Doraville marta station and then pay for marta? I think that's at least $5 both ways right? plus the gas money you have to pay to get to the doraville station? Hmm...
I think it'll be the same amount of $$ if you drove there.

Think about it, the TSX gets over 30mpg on the highway which most of your driving down there is highway driving. Plus... what about the time you spend on marta? You'll get there in half the time.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Instructor

great i'll be there....i had no idea. but was hoping people from ATL would eventually plan one of these.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

Question

Hello,
I just read most of this thread and would like to find out the details. I've been researching the TSX here in Atlanta and have been to Ed Voyles Acura.

Please, any advice you could give me would make my day! Thanks!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AtlantaAcuraLvr
Hello,
I just read most of this thread and would like to find out the details. I've been researching the TSX here in Atlanta and have been to Ed Voyles Acura.

Please, any advice you could give me would make my day! Thanks!
Hey man... PM me for details. I can probably get you the same deal that we got.

thanks
Aaron
Old 04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Drifting

Hey guess what? I picked up my TSX today!

But... bad news...
Only got to enjoy it all nice and shiny for like 5 minutes. Then it started to pour down rain!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Just went out and broke in my brakes.
6-8 stops from 55-60mph all the way down to 5mph. I did my best not to stop in between and just kept rolling. The people driving by were starting to look at me funny. lol

The brakes smelt like something burning. I could smell it while in the car. I figured that was a good sign. So... drove home and parked it without the parking brake on.

Hope this prevents warped rotors in the future. I HATE WARPED ROTORS! My 4runner always had them all the time and it bugged the @(*&#(*&$ out of me. Everytime you brake people in your car think there;s something wrong and you feel like your car is about to fall apart.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Instructor

I can get a monthly MARTA card from my school for $26 and I drive about 30 mi a day. I am saving money this way,but on the other hand I usually have to spend about 20-30 mins extra to get to school than other students. Atlanta traffic is unpredictable ,you never know when a car accident is going to delay you from getting to school on time. Taking MARTA is the safest way.

I didn't know you have to break in your brakes. I thought you have to avoid braking like that?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Drifting

I can get a monthly MARTA card from my school for $26 and I drive about 30 mi a day. I am saving money this way,but on the other hand I usually have to spend about 20-30 mins extra to get to school than other students. Atlanta traffic is unpredictable ,you never know when a car accident is going to delay you from getting to school on time. Taking MARTA is the safest way.

I didn't know you have to break in your brakes. I thought you have to avoid braking like that?

Here...
Go to this webpage and read the "prevention" section for warped rotors.

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...otors_myth.htm
Old 04-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Drifting

Or this thread.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ghlight=warped

Read about prevention.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Drifting

Or this thread.

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ghlight=warped

Read about prevention.
Leon, you still around? Or just been busy? You usually respond within 24 hours.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Leon, you still around? Or just been busy? You usually respond within 24 hours.
Yeah, I've been busy in the past few days because the semester is about coming to an end,so lots of things are due. Next few weeks will probably be like this lol.

I haven't tried to break in my brakes yet, but I will do that next week.

Geez, I hate TSX's alarm system. It almost scared me to death twice so far. First time happed on the first day I picked up my car. I unlocked the doors,I got into driver's seat ,and closed the door. I locked the doors and look around, but I didnt put my keys in the engine because I just wanted to look at the interior of the car. When I press the unlock button on the door, the alarm went off, and the sound of horn almost scared me to death. I immediately put my key in and stared the car,nope, the car is still honking!! Finally, I figured out I had to unlock the doors by using the remote control to stop the alarm. I swear my heart almost popped out.

Ok,got go wash my car now

Ok,gotta go wash my car now

Second time happend today. I went to gas station to get gas and I locked to the doors to get a drink. After I came back, I used the remote to unlock the doors. I got in the cars ,put my key in, and started the car. The freaking alarm went off !! But this time I knew I had to use the remote, so I turned off the alarm in 5 secs. I wonder why it went off
Old 04-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Drifting

Yeah, I've been busy in the past few days because the semester is about coming to an end,so lots of things are due. Next few weeks will probably be like this lol.

Geez, I hate TSX's alarm system. It almost scared me to death twice so far. First time happed on the first day I picked up my car. I unlocked the doors,I got into driver's seat ,and closed the door. I locked the doors and look around, but I didnt put my keys in the engine because I just wanted to look at the interior of the car. When I press the unlock button on the door, the alarm went off, and the sound of horn almost scared me to death. I immediately put my key in and stared the car,nope, the car is still honking!! Finally, I figured out I had to unlock the doors by using the remote control to stop the alarm. I swear my heart almost popped out.

Second time happend today. I went to gas station to get gas and I locked to the doors to get a drink. After I came back, I used the remote to unlock the doors. I got in the cars ,put my key in, and started the car. The freaking alarm went off !! But this time I knew I had to use the remote, so I turned off the alarm in 5 secs. I wonder why it went off

No idea why. lol
By the way, you've had your car a total of like a week. and yuo're washing it already? lol
Your car is white too. How can it already be dirty?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Drifting

Just remember to lock and unlock with your remote when yuo're outside of the car. Then when you're inside, you can hit lock and unlock all you want when the engine is running.
I haven't had any problems with mine so far.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Instructor

You have no idea how pollen can destroy man car .... j/k

My car was not that dirty. I washed it to prepare for tomorrow's meet.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Drifting

Oh man! I completely forgot about that!
I need to get my wheels rebalanced tomorrow since there's a light vibration in the steering wheel when i'm going 70-75 on the highway.
I'm hoping there's a dealer that'll do it for me tomororw. It should only take about an hour. Otherwise, i'm afraid the vibration of the off balance tires will eventually "loosen up" the tightness of the steering like it did in my 4runner. Man... i hate that loose / freeplay feeling. No matter how little it is. I like solid feel. I had to live with that in my last car for years. I'm sick of it! No more!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Drifting

But your car is white. Can you seriously see it?
Btw... i'm not going to bother washing mine. Pollen is going to stick to it before i even get a chance to dry it. lol
Old 04-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Nah, I cant see it.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Drifting

Nah, I cant see it.
So.. why did you wash it? lol
Old 04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Instructor

I washed it for yesterday's car meet. I had to wash it because there were too many dead bugs on my car. I thought my TSX supposed to be a chick magnet, but I think it attracts more bugs than chicks....
Old 04-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Drifting

I washed it for yesterday's car meet. I had to wash it because there were too many dead bugs on my car. I thought my TSX supposed to be a chick magnet, but I think it attracts more bugs than chicks....
Bugs? Seriously? Eeer... haven't gotten many bugs on mine. Maybe i'd better check.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Intermediate

You know you live in Atlanta when during the ride home your brakes start to fade from all the traffic. What are some commutes ya'll are doing in the TSX? I enjoy the XM radio and climate control.

Gwinnett to Vinings -> 30 miles one way
Morning: 45 mins
Afternoon: 1.5 hrs