Atlanta TSX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 09:16 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can get a better Deal

I think I beat Virtualbong's deal. I got my SSM w/Navi for $27,490.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Ok, i'll be ok as long as i get it for under $28,000. since i want to be under $30,000 OTD. (6%) sales tax.
I'm getting the Carbon Gray with Ebony Interior (auto). I've thought about the manual and it may be fun for a little bit, but it'll be a PITA after a couple of months since ATL traffic sucks. I mean... traffic slows to a crawl when it sprinkles a little rain.

One more thing, since your parents are buying you the TSX, have they already agreed to it? Or is it more of "i'll think about it?"
I'm sure i'm going to get it. So i dont want to walk into the dealer and be like, "we've got 3 deals for you!" and then have your parents say no! I would look like a big idiot.
I asked them and they are sure about it.

I sent an email to the Internet Sales Manager, Hugh Kronitz, from Acura Carland over the weekend. In the email I asked him if he is interested in a 3 or 4 people group buy, and this is what he replied :

"Good morning Leon,
I will be more than happy to work with you on pricing. I need you to bring
in all committed buyers. If we can put a 3 or 4 car deal together I will run
the deals through the fleet dept., this should help you and your friends
with the price. I will need all buyers to choose a car in my inventory and
be ready to purchase. Please let me know when you and your friends would
like to stop by.

Regards,
Hugh Kronitz
Acura Carland"

Looks like he is interested I wonder what kind of the deal will we get if he runs the deals through the fleet dept Anyway, if you guys like to purchase this weekend, I can do it on Sat, after 4pm. Let me know if you guys want to shop this weekend or wait a little bit longer.
770 623-9211
Old 03-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by leonvsclon

I sent an email to the Internet Sales Manager, Hugh Kronitz, from Acura Carland over the weekend. In the email I asked him if he is interested in a 3 or 4 people group buy, and this is what he replied :

"Good morning Leon,
like to stop by.

Regards,
Hugh Kronitz
Acura Carland"

Looks like he is interested I wonder what kind of the deal will we get if he runs the deals through the fleet dept Anyway, if you guys like to purchase this weekend, I can do it on Sat, after 4pm. Let me know if you guys want to shop this weekend or wait a little bit longer.
770 623-9211

I dont mind shopping this Saturday. The only thing though, i need to wait until my 4runner sells because that's where i'm getting the majority of my down payment from. I put it up for sale on Autotrader yesterday.

thanks
Aaron
Old 03-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Drifting

"Good morning Leon,
like to stop by.

Regards,
Hugh Kronitz
Acura Carland"

770 623-9211
Acura Carland is also where i stopped by to take a test drive. Since i used to be in Sales, it's a thing for me to usually go back to the same person that spent a lot of time with me. Do you think we can still get a good fleet deal if one of us went with another salesperson at the same dealer?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Acura Carland is also where i stopped by to take a test drive. Since i used to be in Sales, it's a thing for me to usually go back to the same person that spent a lot of time with me. Do you think we can still get a good fleet deal if one of us went with another salesperson at the same dealer?
I am not sure if you can still get the deal if you do that. I guess what you can do is when we get there,lets talk to Hugh Kronitz first. We can ask if you can still get the deal if you let your salesman deals with your purchase. If not, I guess we'll have to deal with Hugh Kronitz then.

I've heard so many great things about Hugh Kronitz from ClubRSX members. I think he can give us a great deal
Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Hopefully we can. Is everyone looking to get it for $27,500? I really really hope we can get it for $27k w/ navi, but I don't know how likely it will happen. If the price ends up being too high, I may wait until the 06 models come out so I can get a better deal on a 05.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abcheng
Hopefully we can. Is everyone looking to get it for $27,500? I really really hope we can get it for $27k w/ navi, but I don't know how likely it will happen. If the price ends up being too high, I may wait until the 06 models come out so I can get a better deal on a 05.
Yea, i'm hoping to get it for $27,500. But i'll be happy even if it's something ilke $27,750.
At any rate, if you get an 05 model when it's 06, your tsx will have already depreciated one year. Plus, you dont really get that good of a deal. When i tried to buy an 03 accord at the end of 03, there was literally less than 200 difference in pricing. So i went ahead and got the 04 since the pricing was veyr different and i would've had a new car for another year.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Drifting

Yea, i'm hoping to get it for $27,500. But i'll be happy even if it's something ilke $27,750.
At any rate, if you get an 05 model when it's 06, your tsx will have already depreciated one year. Plus, you dont really get that good of a deal. When i tried to buy an 03 accord at the end of 03, there was literally less than 200 difference in pricing. So i went ahead and got the 04 since the pricing was veyr different and i would've had a new car for another year.
By the way, where's KEB?
KEB, are you in? or are you out?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Who knows what kind of deal we would get for the fleet deal. Maybe they would offer us for $27,000? We'll see when we get there. When do you guys want to do this? If you guys want to do it this weekend,I can do it on Sat after 4 pm.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Advanced

Are you guys planning on purchasing the same day we make the offer or are you going to see if other dealerships will offer us a lower price? I don't know when my parents will be available since they're at work a lot. I may have to go pay for the car myself lol.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Are you guys planning on purchasing the same day we make the offer or are you going to see if other dealerships will offer us a lower price? I don't know when my parents will be available since they're at work a lot. I may have to go pay for the car myself lol.
Yes, if the deal is good,my parents will purchase the car. So far, Acura Carland gave me the lowest quote $26,390.00 / $28,390.00. Plus, Kronitz said we can get the fleet deal if we all show up and ready to purchase.

I dont know if I am going to see if other dealerships will offer us a better deal. So far, I've only asked Ed Voyles to beat Acura Carland's quote...But...I've sent my email about 4 days ago,and they havent replied back...I guess that means a "No" lol

I want to go check out the fleet deal this Sat if you guys have time. My family needs another car very soon,this is why I am trying to get it done as fast as possible. You think you guys can do it this Sat?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Advanced

I'll see about getting one this saturday. I haven't actually test driven a TSX yet.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Drifting

I'll see about getting one this saturday. I haven't actually test driven a TSX yet.
I dont mind getting one saturday. Sounds ok to me. If i can't sell my 4runner on autotrader by then, i guess i'll just trade it in to them. They are offering me $13,400 and i figure that i could probably sell my 4runner for around 15000.
So, with the money i'd be saving on taxes, $14204 is what i'm actually getting. Do you guys think i should just trade it in? It's already up on autotrader, should i just see if it'll sell by Saturday?

thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Drifting

I am not sure if you can still get the deal if you do that. I guess what you can do is when we get there,lets talk to Hugh Kronitz first. We can ask if you can still get the deal if you let your salesman deals with your purchase. If not, I guess we'll have to deal with Hugh Kronitz then.

I've heard so many great things about Hugh Kronitz from ClubRSX members. I think he can give us a great deal
I think we oughta we ok if we did that. since as far as the sales manager is concerned, he still makes 3 sales.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Instructor

I dont mind getting one saturday. Sounds ok to me. If i can't sell my 4runner on autotrader by then, i guess i'll just trade it in to them. They are offering me $13,400 and i figure that i could probably sell my 4runner for around 15000.
So, with the money i'd be saving on taxes, $14204 is what i'm actually getting. Do you guys think i should just trade it in? It's already up on autotrader, should i just see if it'll sell by Saturday?

thanks
you can always ask the dealership if they would offer more since we got the group buy going on

$14204-$13400 is around $800 dollars. If you think $800 dollars is worth waiting for,then wait for it.

We still have to wait for abcheng. Until then,see if you can sell the car.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Advanced

you can always ask the dealership if they would offer more since we got the group buy going on

$14204-$13400 is around $800 dollars. If you think $800 dollars is worth waiting for,then wait for it.

We still have to wait for abcheng. Until then,see if you can sell the car.
I saw that you said earlier that your family needs a new car soon. How soon do they need a new car? I think if we wait another week or two, it might be better for me and Alin10123 since I will have more time to talk to my parents about the car and Alin can hopefully by then sell his car. Personally, I'd wait a couple weeks and see if the car sells since $800 is definitely a lot of money. Hopefully, KEB is still up for purchasing a TSX since that will hopefully help us get a better price on the car.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Yeah 2 weeks is fine. I'll have to finish shopping by April 22nd.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Advanced

Hey leonvsclon, are you in high school or college? Do you like in the duluth area?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Instructor

I go to Georgia State. I live in Lilburn,graduated from Parkview High School.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Advanced

ah i see. Do you live in lilburn during the weekdays?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Drifting

Haven't heard from KEB in a while.
KEB, if you're around. Can you chime in?

thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Instructor

ah i see. Do you live in lilburn during the weekdays?
Yeah I live at home
Old 03-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Drifting

Yeah I live at home
Cool.
I'll keep you in the look with what happens with my 4rnner. Like i said, if it takes too long to sell, i'll just trade it in.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Advanced

I'm thinking about stopping by Acura Carland today. Only problem is the traffic is so bad coming back from there to the Duluth / Alpharetta area.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:06 AM
KEB
Cruisin'

I'm still here. I test drove in Athens on Saturday and to tell you the truth, still wavering between the TL and TSX. I am leaning to the TSX because of Japanese build, cost, etc but I actually like the way the TL looks better and it is my girlfriend's pick. I will be going white w/ navi if I do indeed go through with this. Right now I have no car payment and I am having a hard time with the thought of taking one on but I want something more fun than my truck and more efficient. Keep me posted on when you guys decide to go and where. With the quotes I have received, Acura Carland has been the best so far but only by a couple of hundred dollars compared to Athens and I know that Athens will match. Athens is closer to me and have been great about letting me test drive on two occasions without riding along, but I will obviously go wherever I can get the best deal and I would think that we could definitely do better together.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KEB
I'm still here. I test drove in Athens on Saturday and to tell you the truth, still wavering between the TL and TSX. I am leaning to the TSX because of Japanese build, cost, etc but I actually like the way the TL looks better and it is my girlfriend's pick. I will be going white w/ navi if I do indeed go through with this. Right now I have no car payment and I am having a hard time with the thought of taking one on but I want something more fun than my truck and more efficient. Keep me posted on when you guys decide to go and where. With the quotes I have received, Acura Carland has been the best so far but only by a couple of hundred dollars compared to Athens and I know that Athens will match. Athens is closer to me and have been great about letting me test drive on two occasions without riding along, but I will obviously go wherever I can get the best deal and I would think that we could definitely do better together.

If you want a TL, I can ask Hugh Kronitz from Acura Carland if you can get the fleet deal along with our TSX purchase.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Drifting

If you want a TL, I can ask Hugh Kronitz from Acura Carland if you can get the fleet deal along with our TSX purchase.
Yep, exactly.
Athens Acura wont be able to beat the fleet pricing.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:19 PM
KEB
Cruisin'

If I go through with this, it will be for the TSX. I just do not see enough to excite me in the TL to justify the extra $6k. Keep me informed on what you guys do. The only thing that worred me was the guys statement about taking cars from his inventory. I was told today by Athens that there is not a white navi in Georgia. Closest was in Alabama. We may have a hard time getting exactly what we want from his inventory and I am not sacrificing.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KEB
If I go through with this, it will be for the TSX. I just do not see enough to excite me in the TL to justify the extra $6k. Keep me informed on what you guys do. The only thing that worred me was the guys statement about taking cars from his inventory. I was told today by Athens that there is not a white navi in Georgia. Closest was in Alabama. We may have a hard time getting exactly what we want from his inventory and I am not sacrificing.
Ok.Let me ask him what he has in his inventory. I know Abcheng wants a black ,alin10123 wants CG,and you and I want white.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Advanced

I'm pretty sure I'm getting black but there is a small chance I'm getting red.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Intermediate

I got mine, a silver 2005 6 speed with NAVI and the OEM underbody kit for 29200 including destination, at Ed Voyles Acura. Ask for Karen Dyer. She has a 2004 TSX and was a pleasure to work with. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Ok .I asked Hugh Kronitz about the cars and here is his response:

"Good morning Leon,
Please give me a call at your convenience. I have the colors you are looking
for either on the ground or due in any day. These vehicle will sell very
quickly, please let me know when you and your friend would like to stop by.
I will be out of the dealership from April 2nd - 7th.

Regards,
Hugh

770 623-9211"

I am going to tell him if we going to purchase,it'll be after the 7th.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Drifting

Ok .I asked Hugh Kronitz about the cars and here is his response:

"Good morning Leon,
Please give me a call at your convenience. I have the colors you are looking
for either on the ground or due in any day. These vehicle will sell very
quickly, please let me know when you and your friend would like to stop by.
I will be out of the dealership from April 2nd - 7th.

Regards,
Hugh

770 623-9211"

I am going to tell him if we going to purchase,it'll be after the 7th.
Leon,
Actually, my 4runner isn't really getting too much response for the autotrader ad. So... i'm most likely going to trade it in before the mileage gets too high.
So i guess... if you want to do it Saturday, i'm pretty much game for it.
I also talked with my salesperson i was working with before. He says to mention that he has been involved with one or more people in this transaction and he will just split the commission with Hugh. So... in case Hugh is out of town, we can still work with John.
I've also got my down payment all ready and stuff. I'm game for Saturday if you guys are. Just let me know so that maybe i can get financing ready. Or should i use dealer financing?

thanks
Aaron
Old 03-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ITR#203
I got mine, a silver 2005 6 speed with NAVI and the OEM underbody kit for 29200 including destination, at Ed Voyles Acura. Ask for Karen Dyer. She has a 2004 TSX and was a pleasure to work with. Good luck with your purchase.
How much does the oem bodykit usually go for?
29200 inc destination? and taxes?
Wel... i'm planning on getting out of there w/nav for under $30,000 OTD.
Think that's ok?
Old 03-30-2005, 03:11 PM
wiz
Pro

I personally purchased my TSX the month they came out back in '03 for $26000 even. My OTD was thrown off by my trade in value, but I got a lot more for my trade in than I thought I would, and more than I owed on it so that was good. They would not negotiate on the price of the car at all (since it was a brand new model) so I negotiated trade in on my car (I got about 1500 more for it) and Interest Rate for the loan (they gave it to me at 2.9%).

I bought mine at Ed Voyles and dealt with Antonio Morris. This guy worked to get my sale and it took him 5 days to work the numbers before he got me the deal I was looking for. Don't know if he's still there or not though since it's been almost 2 years.

Good luck with your purchase guys, and if you need any help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I live and work in Norcross.

And here's my picture gallery: http://imageevent.com/tsx_wiz/mytsx
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Leon,
Actually, my 4runner isn't really getting too much response for the autotrader ad. So... i'm most likely going to trade it in before the mileage gets too high.
So i guess... if you want to do it Saturday, i'm pretty much game for it.
I also talked with my salesperson i was working with before. He says to mention that he has been involved with one or more people in this transaction and he will just split the commission with Hugh. So... in case Hugh is out of town, we can still work with John.
I've also got my down payment all ready and stuff. I'm game for Saturday if you guys are. Just let me know so that maybe i can get financing ready. Or should i use dealer financing?

thanks
Aaron
I can do it on Sat after 4pm(got a test before that ).

I told my mom and my sister to go to dealership on friday to see what kind of interest rate at dealership. If it comes out too high, I'll tell her to go check out other sources on Sat. morning if they can offer her lower interest rate.

I havent send Hugh any mail,but I'll send him a email about splitting comission with your sales person if we go there while he is out of town. Can you give me your sales person's last name,so I can tell hugh about it.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wiz
I personally purchased my TSX the month they came out back in '03 for $26000 even. My OTD was thrown off by my trade in value, but I got a lot more for my trade in than I thought I would, and more than I owed on it so that was good. They would not negotiate on the price of the car at all (since it was a brand new model) so I negotiated trade in on my car (I got about 1500 more for it) and Interest Rate for the loan (they gave it to me at 2.9%).

I bought mine at Ed Voyles and dealt with Antonio Morris. This guy worked to get my sale and it took him 5 days to work the numbers before he got me the deal I was looking for. Don't know if he's still there or not though since it's been almost 2 years.

Good luck with your purchase guys, and if you need any help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I live and work in Norcross.

And here's my picture gallery: http://imageevent.com/tsx_wiz/mytsx

I remember seeing the pictures of your car 2 years ago. They were one of the reasons made me fall in love with Acura TSX
Old 03-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Drifting

I can do it on Sat after 4pm(got a test before that ).

I told my mom and my sister to go to dealership on friday to see what kind of interest rate at dealership. If it comes out too high, I'll tell her to go check out other sources on Sat. morning if they can offer her lower interest rate.

I havent send Hugh any mail,but I'll send him a email about splitting comission with your sales person if we go there while he is out of town. Can you give me your sales person's last name,so I can tell hugh about it.
Sat sounds good to me.
You might want your mom to goto www.lendingtree.com for a good competitive rate on a car loan. It'll take a few days to get it all squared away though so you might want to start quoting now. I got 4.83 on my used bmw last year (which is ridiculously low for a used car, the dealer couldn't come close to matching it). I wouldn't do it for my mortgage though. Too many loopholes when it comes to a mortgage.

Anyways, my salesperson's last name is Middlebrooks. His full name is John Middlebrooks.

ABcheng & KEB, is Saturday good for you?

thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

hey guys

I bought my TSX from ED Voyles Acura. I delt with Karen Dyer. She was absolutely amazing. I did my deal over the phone and they were by far the lowest price and they threw in splash guards, trunk mat, and anti theft wheel locks at no extra cost over the price they quoted me. She was absolutely hands down the best car salesperson i have dealt with, and the whole experience was not nerve wrecking at all. Maybe we could all have a meet up in Atlanta one weekend or something like that. I think it would be fun. Just let me know.

Craig
Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by cgmb16
I bought my TSX from ED Voyles Acura. I delt with Karen Dyer. She was absolutely amazing. I did my deal over the phone and they were by far the lowest price and they threw in splash guards, trunk mat, and anti theft wheel locks at no extra cost over the price they quoted me. She was absolutely hands down the best car salesperson i have dealt with, and the whole experience was not nerve wrecking at all. Maybe we could all have a meet up in Atlanta one weekend or something like that. I think it would be fun. Just let me know.

Craig
Really? They were the best price? When i called them up, they wouldn't even beat the initial quote that Acura Carland gave us over the phone. Nor would they even go close to matching it.

Quick Reply: Atlanta TSX Owners