Atlanta TSX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by abcheng
There is no problem driving my current car. Actually, I love my current car besides the fact it needs some maintenance done. I'm still discussing with my parents about buying the TSX, and now they're debating whether if I should just fix my car now or buy the TSX. As for putting down a deposit, it doesn't really help for the cars they are getting in since they don't have the exact car I want. I'll keep you guys updated though.
Well,
Now's a good time to save some money. If you do a search for threads in this forum, you'll probably find very few that are group buys. So... i think that this is a great opportunity to save some money.
Also, you seemed to have done a lot of work going from dealer to dealer and price comparison shopping at Nalley Acura, then all the way to Ed Voyles, and all the way to Carland to just be "thinking about it". right?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron,you are definitelly sure you are going to buy tomorrow no matter what right?

Also, my mom wants to go there early because she wants get out early and I'll need to check out the colors. I was thinking if we can get the deal done,I am going to go ahead to buy it and you can sign the paper the paper when your girlfriend gets there. Is that cool with you? I am looking around 6 or or 6:#0 pm,I still need to ask my mom though. Let me know
Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Advanced

Price comparison was done online. I wanted to go test drive at Nalley since it was closest to me after work, but then they were just about to close so I got a price instead. Ed Voyles was on the way home so I test drove and got prices. As for Acura Carland, I wanna try out the navi. I just wish my parents would actually make a fucking decision so that I know whether if I'm going to get the TSX or just fix my current car. I may end up going there tomorrow and putting down a deposit as long as they can get the car that I want. Did you guys ask how much we have to put down for the deposit?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Drifting

Price comparison was done online. I wanted to go test drive at Nalley since it was closest to me after work, but then they were just about to close so I got a price instead. Ed Voyles was on the way home so I test drove and got prices. As for Acura Carland, I wanna try out the navi. I just wish my parents would actually make a fucking decision so that I know whether if I'm going to get the TSX or just fix my current car. I may end up going there tomorrow and putting down a deposit as long as they can get the car that I want. Did you guys ask how much we have to put down for the deposit?
Well... a deposit to them is a deposit. I'm thinking probably around $500 to secure a $30,000 car sounds fair.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by leonvsclon
Aaron,you are definitelly sure you are going to buy tomorrow no matter what right?

Also, my mom wants to go there early because she wants get out early and I'll need to check out the colors. I was thinking if we can get the deal done,I am going to go ahead to buy it and you can sign the paper the paper when your girlfriend gets there. Is that cool with you? I am looking around 6 or or 6:#0 pm,I still need to ask my mom though. Let me know
Wel... i figured the ride thingie out. I'm going to take her to work in the morning and then i'm going to pick her up in the afternoon. I'm picking her up at 6pm and she works in the perimeter area. So with moderate traffic, around 6:30 or something sounds ok. It may end up being closer to quarter till 7. But it's all good.

As to your question about buying tomorrow definately. Of course, we dont want them to know that we are definately buying tomorrow. Otherwise they'll give us a run for our money if you know what i mean.
But more or less yes. I'm pretty much carless now so the answer is more or less yes. I "plan" on getting a tsx tomorrow lol.
If we walk in and they say MSRP or nothing. Then... i'm probably not going to buy. lol. But if everything works out, i'm walking out with one. I hope ABcheng comes through. He's missing out bigtime if he lets a group deal slip through. I mean... think about it... he's the one that started the thread. lol.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Advanced

Yeah.... when I started this thread my parents were pretty serious about buying the car but now they're just being whack .
Old 04-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alin10123
KEB, actually you know what you could do? You could actually lease the car now and then buy it out when you're done leasing. Since the residual pricing can be negotiated, plus it's predetermined you can lower your payments significantly and still own the car. You also dont have to worry about mileage with leasing if you plan on buying the car after the lease. This way, you dont have to save up for the down payment.

Besides, how often do you run into the opportunity for the group buy?

Is Monday evening ok for you?
KEB, have you thought about the option that i mentioned previously?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Instructor

I'll see you there tonight. I'll probably end up going there around the same time as you(around 6:40pm). I'll call you when I get there,or call me when you get there
Old 04-04-2005, 10:29 AM
wiz
Pro

I should show up just to watch the show!!!

Also, if you can swing the $2k added onto your price for the navi, get it. I didn't get it because I thought it was just a gimmick, and I miss not having it EVERY DAY!!!

Just my $0.02. But then again I wish I had an Automatic TSX now also, so my fiancee' could drive it.

Good luck guys!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Advanced

I'm gonna stop by early in the afternoon. I don't think I'll see you guys there, but if all goes well, I will put the deposit on the black / black 6MT non navi. I'm also gonna go check out the navi to see if I like it or not.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Drifting

I'm gonna stop by early in the afternoon. I don't think I'll see you guys there, but if all goes well, I will put the deposit on the black / black 6MT non navi. I'm also gonna go check out the navi to see if I like it or not.
Sweet.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Drifting

Hey hey... so went to the stealer today. They didnt' have my color. Since i already sold me 4runner, i didn't have a ride. I asked them for a loaner and they said ok. They let me take an 04 w/ nav out until they can get me my color. Leon was so jealous! haha
I get a TSX that's already broken in with 15,000 miles on it already.
This thing is pretty quick. I'm not sure what people are talking about when they say this thing has no power. It's engine pulls very strong to me. And i used to drive a 1999 BMW 540 w/ 300 hp.

Plus the TSX gets 30mpg. hehe

They wanted to charge me $200 to get the car from another dealer. I told them i could just take delivery from another dealer that had my color maybe? And they waived the $200 fee. lol

So basically i've got a free TSX to drive for the next week or so until they find me one.

Leon, How's financing go with yours? Are you picking yours up tomorrow?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Drifting

Oh yea... this car is tight. The steering is so tight and responsive, and so is the throttle. It's a very smooth ride and quiet too. Car feels very solid. I LIKE IT!
Test driving, and actually driving one for an extended period feels very different.
I even took a turn very quickly today and the thing was absolutely flat. Love it Love it Love it.

Although my 04 had the seat problem. If i braked really hard the seat sort of moves forward about an inch. Not sure what that was about. Also it only had 15,000 miles on it and the leather looked like it was about to crack in certain spots.

Is all that normal? I hope they fixed this for 05.

Alex came through too and at least showed up to put down a $500 deposit. Not our fault the dealer didn't have his color right? So... he's going to get his $500 back after i get delivery on mine. This way we get our group pricing.

thanks Alex!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Instructor

Yeah, I am picking my 2005 White TSX w/ Navi this afternoon. The price the whole group got was $28,000 (included the protection pkg). Personally I think the whole group got a great deal,but...Oh my god Aaron, I couldnt believe he waived the $200 and gave you a loaner...I need to learn how to negotiate better lol. My financing turned out great, they gave me a lower interest rate than Ed Voyles.

Is your loaner with Navi? I can't wait to drive my TSX.like what I said before,I've never driven a TSX before LOL. Today will be my first time
Old 04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Advanced

You shoulda test driven one before you bought it. You're missing out on the fun. Anyways, I'll see what John can do about locating my car. If he can't find it soon enough I'm just gonna get my deposit back. Who knows though, I may end up getting the TSX after all.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
wiz
Pro

Well congrats on the deal guys. Sounds like you all are getting what you want, which in the long run is the right thing to do.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Just got back with my TSX. Wow,this car feels so fast and so powerful.It is definitely faster than my 95 camry LOL. I love everything on the car and Navi definitely rocks. I think I still need lots of time to figure out how to use everything

I never driven a car with sportshift before.I didnt know I shifted into the sports shift mode when I got out of the dealerhsip. I was driving for 3 secs and the car kept stop. I parked the car aside and trying to figure out what was wrong with the car. I looked at what I shited into then I realized it was in sports mode LOL.

Once thing I was pretty upset about this deal is the protection package. Remember John said the protection comes with the car right? Well,yes it does come with the car,but not with trunk tray and floor mats. He said Acura Carland's protection package only include the mud guard and the whell locks. He also said if I want the trunk tray and floor mats, I can ask Hugh when is back. So looks like I'll have to talk to Hugh about it when he is back.

Another unexpected thing was the front tag. They put their "Acura Carland" tag in front of my car. I'll have to remove it when I have time. It looks ugly on the car lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol Alex. Like what I told you before, TSX was the only car I was looking. I didnt feel the need to test drive it if I am only looking at one car.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wiz
Well congrats on the deal guys. Sounds like you all are getting what you want, which in the long run is the right thing to do.
Definitely, TSX is a great car.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Drifting

Just got back with my TSX. Wow,this car feels so fast and so powerful.It is definitely faster than my 95 camry LOL. I love everything on the car and Navi definitely rocks. I think I still need lots of time to figure out how to use everything

I never driven a car with sportshift before.I didnt know I shifted into the sports shift mode when I got out of the dealerhsip. I was driving for 3 secs and the car kept stop. I parked the car aside and trying to figure out what was wrong with the car. I looked at what I shited into then I realized it was in sports mode LOL.

Once thing I was pretty upset about this deal is the protection package. Remember John said the protection comes with the car right? Well,yes it does come with the car,but not with trunk tray and floor mats. He said Acura Carland's protection package only include the mud guard and the whell locks. He also said if I want the trunk tray and floor mats, I can ask Hugh when is back. So looks like I'll have to talk to Hugh about it when he is back.

Another unexpected thing was the front tag. They put their "Acura Carland" tag in front of my car. I'll have to remove it when I have time. It looks ugly on the car lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol Alex. Like what I told you before, TSX was the only car I was looking. I didnt feel the need to test drive it if I am only looking at one car.

Not sure if you can just "remove" it. Since there are holes that need to be punched out in order to put the front plate on.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Drifting

Yeah, I am picking my 2005 White TSX w/ Navi this afternoon. The price the whole group got was $28,000 (included the protection pkg). Personally I think the whole group got a great deal,but...Oh my god Aaron, I couldnt believe he waived the $200 and gave you a loaner...I need to learn how to negotiate better lol. My financing turned out great, they gave me a lower interest rate than Ed Voyles.

Is your loaner with Navi? I can't wait to drive my TSX.like what I said before,I've never driven a TSX before LOL. Today will be my first time
Yep, the loaner was with Navi,. Alreayd broken in with 15000 miles plus it had a full tank of gas. lol
He didn't say anything about replacing the gas before i brought it back.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Instructor

I'll take a look at the tag on Friday. I hope it can be easily removed.

I think I have a great chance getting the trunk tray and floor mats from Hugh. I am going to whine that you got loaner and $200 off, and I didnt get anything. He better give them to me for free lol
Old 04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Advanced

I'm pretty sure it can be removed. My Legend which was purchased from Acura Carland had one on and I managed to take one off. I think it bolts on underneath the bumper. My dad's MDX had one of those in front also and he was able to take it off and I think it looked fine. I think we should go back when Hugh gets back and talk to him about pricing. I think he can sell it to us < $28k. So far, I still haven't recieved a call from John, so I don't know how long it's gonna take him to locate the car.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:07 AM
wiz
Pro

The tag and holder can be removed. I had Ed Voyles take mine off before I even drove off their lot. Also, with my protection package from Ed Voyles I received the trunk tray, wheel locks, mud guards and the regular floor mats. I picked up the all season floor mats for cheap off the internet a couple of months after purchase.

So are you guys saying that the price of the TSX now is $28k without navi? Is this OTD?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Advanced

$28k w/ navi. OTD add tax, $399 doc fee, tag, and title. It's pretty close to $30k OTD w/ navi.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Drifting

I'll take a look at the tag on Friday. I hope it can be easily removed.

I think I have a great chance getting the trunk tray and floor mats from Hugh. I am going to whine that you got loaner and $200 off, and I didnt get anything. He better give them to me for free lol
haha... i gave you a chance to get $200 off.
You just didn't play your cards right.
Instead of asking "can i get $200 off too?"
You asked, can i get the same deal as Aaron?
Well, of course you can. You already have it at $28,000.
lol
But yes, protection package from Acura is trunk tray etc...
At least i think it's supposed to.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Drifting

One thing i forgot to mention though.
Man... people were right on this board about the # of compliments i get.
In less than 24 hours i've had this LOANER, i've gotten compliments from my clients, cousins, the chickfila drivethrough dude, and even the cashier INSIDE the micdonalds (no the drivethrough).
I mean... man! It's not even mine! haha
They gave me a silver one.
Think my CG will get even more compliments?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Instructor

I will talk to Hugh on Friday and force him to give me the floor mats+trunk tray.

If you like silver,there are plenty at the dealership lol
Old 04-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Drifting

I will talk to Hugh on Friday and force him to give me the floor mats+trunk tray.

If you like silver,there are plenty at the dealership lol
I dunno... SIlver looks pretty good, it's just that my 4runner was silver and i kinda wanted a little change. Black is too hard to keep clean although i like black too. Plus it's hot as @(#*&@(^# over the summertime. So i figured that CG would be a nice compromise.

yep... talk to him. Cause i want them too. lol
Old 04-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Let's talk to him on Friday. Let's also see if he can give us a better price than $28k since there apparently was a miscommunication between John and Hugh.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Drifting

Sounds like a plan.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Drifting

We'll just be like "well,... we haven't taken delivery on ours yet and we can still head to Ed Voyles since they said their protection package includes all that other stuff and they can match your price too."
Old 04-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Advanced

Let's ! hehe. Too bad Leon already took delivery of his TSX. John stil hasn't called me to tell me anyting about my tsx bah.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Instructor

Yeah, I cant help you guys on the negotiation since I already got my car. The only thing I need is the floor mats. I hope Hugh will give them to me for free.

I am going to the Acurazine Atlanta car meet at Perimeter Mall next Sat.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=295917&page=5

I think it'll be fun
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Advanced

Do you all wanna stop by the stealership on fri ?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Advanced

actually I think he's gonna be out until the 9th which is saturday.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Drifting

actually I think he's gonna be out until the 9th which is saturday.
I thought it was the 2nd through the 6th? Give him a ring and see what they say.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Advanced

Maybe I'm wrong. I will do it when I have time.

Edit: Alin, which listing did you use on autotrader?

It looks like I might not be getting the TSX. My dad spent a shitload of money for a A/C compressor.

John says my car is gonna be in on Saturday. What to do....
Old 04-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Drifting

Which listing did i use on autotrader? what do you mean? You mean which option?
I used the one in the middle. It's a good compromise and it's cheaper than the most expensive one. Plus you can put a picture in.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Drifting

Maybe I'm wrong. I will do it when I have time.

Edit: Alin, which listing did you use on autotrader?

It looks like I might not be getting the TSX. My dad spent a shitload of money for a A/C compressor.

John says my car is gonna be in on Saturday. What to do....
Hmm... just dont back out until i get mine. lol
Old 04-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Advanced

I dunno about that.... looks like parents aren't living up to their promise and they're asking for the deposit back tommorrow. Enjoy your TSX guys. ::sigh::

Quick Reply: Atlanta TSX Owners