Atlanta TSX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by abcheng
hmm didn't get a good look at the cars they had on the lot. The only ones I saw were right in front of the dealership. There were mostly RSXs there I think. What's stopping me from buying is price basically. Also, like I've said before, I haven't had much time to talk to my parents about the car, but they say they'll buy me a car ~ $30k. I'm just afraid that they might change their mind for some retarded reason (parents.... yeah).
That's exactly what i was talking about with the "since its' your parents buying, are you sure they already said ok?"
Old 04-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Drifting

So are we all still shooting for tomorrow?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Drifting

KEB, can u be there tomorrow?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah,I can go,but we need 3 though.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KEB
Okay, so do you have a definite time you are meeting? Carland right? How many are coming for sure (not counting me)? One of you PM me a cell number so that I can contact you to let you know for sure if I am coming on Saturday. I would suggest each of you pass along your cell numbers as well.
KEB,if you can go today, please call Alin or me. Since we need a 3rd buyer, time is negotiable My phone will be off during the test,so if any one of you call and I am not answering,just leave a msg. I'll get back to you guys when I am done with the test. I hope we can finish this tonight
Old 04-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Advanced

are you guys definitely buying or are you going to just try and work out a deal today? I may be over to get there around 5:30.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Instructor

Alin and I want to buy today.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Advanced

So far it's you and Alin only right? Are you guys gonna still proceed if it's only you 2 today? I'd love to go down there, but I'm just not 100% sure I can get down there today.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Instructor

There is no point of us going over there if we dont have 3 buyers. Right now, I am hoping KEB will call either Alin or me to tell us he is buying the car today.
If TSX is the only car you want, you should join us. With the group buy,you will save money You should let your parents know, this kind of chance doesnt happen that often. I convinced my parents the group buy is going to save them hundreds even thousand of dollars, and they said lets buy it
Old 04-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Instructor

So far it's you and Alin only right? Are you guys gonna still proceed if it's only you 2 today? I'd love to go down there, but I'm just not 100% sure I can get down there today.
If you do go down there today and we are not there,make sure you get John Middlebrooks to help you. Because if you do want to participate in the grouo buy, I dont think we want to add another salesman(We already got Hugh and John).
Old 04-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Advanced

I have talked to my parents about it. I may just put down a deposit today, since I'm not even sure if I'm gonna buy it with or without navi since I haven't actually tried navigation on it. I'm also debating whether if I should keep my Legend or go with the TSX. Don't get me wrong, I love the TSX .
Old 04-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Alright. Hope Alin comes out and decide if we should go or not.

I havent test drove the car yet, but, I dont think I need to. I just want a car better than my current car,1995 camry lol.

Oh well,I got to go to school now. Call me if you guys decided to go. Peace.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Advanced

HAHAHAHA i'm quite sure it's bettter than your camry :P. You guys are getting navi with your cars right?
Old 04-02-2005, 11:24 AM
KEB
Cruisin'

Hey guys, do not count on me. As I mentioned, my girlfriend had surgery and I have to stick around her for the day. Also, I was thinking about leasing and was going to go ahead with it but have since decided to buy. That being the case, I am going to save up for a couple of months first. Let us know how you do if you go ahead with this! Good luck!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Advanced

If I miss out on this group buy, we might be able to do one when you're ready KEB.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Drifting

If I miss out on this group buy, we might be able to do one when you're ready KEB.
ABCheng,
If you're not 100% sure about buying it today. How about Monday then? I think they are open until 8pm that day. Is Monday ok?

Of course i'd like to be able to get it done with today. But... if you can't be positive that you are going to be there. There's no point in Leon and I showing up there today. We'll just look like a bunch of idiots.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Drifting

HAHAHAHA i'm quite sure it's bettter than your camry :P. You guys are getting navi with your cars right?
Yes, i'm getting Navi. I've just always wanted Navi and there have been tons of times where i wished i had it. But it's up to you whether you want to get it or not.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Advanced

I called them today and they don't have the exact model I want. I'll see if Monday is ok since I'll be around that area anyways.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Instructor

With or without Navi, I am still getting a TSX.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Advanced

They're very nice either way .
Old 04-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Yep. If we are going on monday,you guys need to tell me what time.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:28 AM
Drifting

Probably sometime later in the afternoon. They close at 8 right? How about 7ish?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Probably sometime later in the afternoon. They close at 8 right? How about 7ish?

Fine with me. I'll probably go a little bit earlier than that to look at the colors.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Advanced

Are we going to be able to get the car under $28k though? I called yesterday and John said that he was told $28k was the price for 3+ people. Also, they don't have the exact car I want so I don't know whether if I can still buy the car or not.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Instructor

Abcheng, we havent even started negotiating yet. All we did was asking price from different dealerships and thats it. We definitely will have to ask them to lower the price or drop some goods in the deal. The worst price we can get is take the car for $28,000.
You need to make sure you are ready if you are going with us. I know Aaron needs to buy the car asap. I don't really have to get the car till May,but since Hugh told me there was a white TSX w/ Navi coming in, I want to take it before another person takes it. I belive Hugh also told me there was a black TSX on the lot or there was one coming in.

You need to be ready man. If you don't think you can be ready for weeks or even months,you have to tell us. With Aaron,I believe I can still get TSX lower than $28,400.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Advanced

The problem is I want a black / black 6 speed navi and when I called John yesterday, he said there wasn't one in stock or on the way. There is a black / black 6 speed w/o navi coming in, but I am not sure if I want one w/o navi. As of now, declare me as unsure. I don't see a reason why I should buy the car if I can't get what I want. I'll probably stop by Acura Carland anyways on Monday (probably not at the same time) to check out the navi and see if I want it.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Drifting

The problem is I want a black / black 6 speed navi and when I called John yesterday, he said there wasn't one in stock or on the way. There is a black / black 6 speed w/o navi coming in, but I am not sure if I want one w/o navi. As of now, declare me as unsure. I don't see a reason why I should buy the car if I can't get what I want. I'll probably stop by Acura Carland anyways on Monday (probably not at the same time) to check out the navi and see if I want it.
If they dont have the color that you want they can always do a trade with another dealer. I sort of need to get one because i already sold mine this morning. So i'm technically carless right now.

As i recall, yesterday i remember reading a post on whether or not you thought you needed navi? Why all the sudden the change? You can probably get a better deal on non-navi if you dont need it. They can probably take more off.
Also, as far as the pricing goes. I remember a few posts up, Hugh said that the price will be UNDER $28,000. So...
Leon, be sure to print out the e-mail that says at least under $28,000. But dont show it to them yet.

As far as Navi goes, If you feel like you need it. Then get it. But if you dont feel like you need it, why are you even considering spending the extra $2k? I do happen to go out of town quite a bit and have gotten lost occassionally in the middle of no where before. The dealer will get you the car you want to make a sale. Trust me.

Dont miss out on this opportunity, it's not too often that you get a chance for a "group- buy". You are actually probably saving at least hundreds on the group buy. Possibly even close to the thousands.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by KEB
Hey guys, do not count on me. As I mentioned, my girlfriend had surgery and I have to stick around her for the day. Also, I was thinking about leasing and was going to go ahead with it but have since decided to buy. That being the case, I am going to save up for a couple of months first. Let us know how you do if you go ahead with this! Good luck!
KEB, actually you know what you could do? You could actually lease the car now and then buy it out when you're done leasing. Since the residual pricing can be negotiated, plus it's predetermined you can lower your payments significantly and still own the car. You also dont have to worry about mileage with leasing if you plan on buying the car after the lease. This way, you dont have to save up for the down payment.

Besides, how often do you run into the opportunity for the group buy?

Is Monday evening ok for you?
Old 04-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
If they dont have the color that you want they can always do a trade with another dealer. I sort of need to get one because i already sold mine this morning. So i'm technically carless right now.

As i recall, yesterday i remember reading a post on whether or not you thought you needed navi? Why all the sudden the change? You can probably get a better deal on non-navi if you dont need it. They can probably take more off.
Also, as far as the pricing goes. I remember a few posts up, Hugh said that the price will be UNDER $28,000. So...
Leon, be sure to print out the e-mail that says at least under $28,000. But dont show it to them yet.

As far as Navi goes, If you feel like you need it. Then get it. But if you dont feel like you need it, why are you even considering spending the extra $2k? I do happen to go out of town quite a bit and have gotten lost occassionally in the middle of no where before. The dealer will get you the car you want to make a sale. Trust me.

Dont miss out on this opportunity, it's not too often that you get a chance for a "group- buy". You are actually probably saving at least hundreds on the group buy. Possibly even close to the thousands.
Hugh said under $28,000 on the phone...So yea... Damn,I should've sent him an email instead of calling him that day
Old 04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Instructor

Or you want to wait till Hugh is back at the dealership on Friday.

How do you feel about John this salesman? Is he the kind of person doesnt negotiate no matter what you do?
Old 04-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Advanced

When I spoke to John and he said that Hugh specifically told him that for 3+ cars is was $28k and John said it's not negotiable. Alin, the whole time I've been considering navigation, but I didn't actually get to try one on Friday since the sales guy at Ed Voyles said there wasn't a TSX w/ navi I could try. I think my parents don't want me getting navi anyways since they say it's a waste of money and that I should get an aftermarket one instead, but I'll discuss with them about it. Also, congrats on selling the 4 runner. Anyways, if John is not willing to go under $28k, we may be better off purchasing when Hugh gets back on the 9th.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by leonvsclon
Or you want to wait till Hugh is back at the dealership on Friday.

How do you feel about John this salesman? Is he the kind of person doesnt negotiate no matter what you do?
Well, the salesmen dont set the pricing. The sales managers do. Since sales people are on commission only, if it were up to them, cars would be flying out of there at little to no profit. As a matter of fact, even Hugh has to have sales manager's approval on pricing. So... basically salespeople have no say whatsoever on pricing. All of those prices that Hugh quoted, either he knows that TSX's have sold for that price before, or he had a manager preapprove those prices before he told you.

I can't really wait until Friday because right now i'm technically carless, remember? lol
Old 04-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Drifting

When I spoke to John and he said that Hugh specifically told him that for 3+ cars is was $28k and John said it's not negotiable. Alin, the whole time I've been considering navigation, but I didn't actually get to try one on Friday since the sales guy at Ed Voyles said there wasn't a TSX w/ navi I could try. I think my parents don't want me getting navi anyways since they say it's a waste of money and that I should get an aftermarket one instead, but I'll discuss with them about it. Also, congrats on selling the 4 runner. Anyways, if John is not willing to go under $28k, we may be better off purchasing when Hugh gets back on the 9th.
Like i said in the previous post, it's not up to John nor Hugh to decide.
If you want to get the pioneer aftermarket navigation system like a member did here, i think that he spent less than $2K on his. So if you want to save money, that would be the way to go.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Instructor

Aaron,my mom wants to ask if we are going tomorrow,can we go ealier than 7 pm?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by leonvsclon
Aaron,my mom wants to ask if we are going tomorrow,can we go ealier than 7 pm?
Sure, that's not a problem.
I guess we can go earlier.
But uh... do we have a 3rd person?

Also... i just thought of something... i dont have a car... how the heck am i supposed to get to the dealership? I was going to drive my GF's car... but she has to work until 7pm Monday night. I need to put it in her name since for some reason insurance for a female is cheaper given the same record/age. Plus she is a couple of years older than me so that helps too. Oh yea, and that speeding ticket i had a while back doesn't help my record either. She said for me to go ahead in there and do everything, she'll stop by after work to sign everything.

But uh... how in the heck do i get there? oh man... back to the drawing board. any ideas?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Drifting

If you do want to get the Navi, they have ones at Carland that you can try out. Not neccessarily your color, but Navi is Navi. Then once we talk price and start paperwork. They will do a dealer trade and get you the color combo you want. Trust me, in order to get the sale; they will do anything they can.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Advanced

That's the whole issue I'm having with getting navi or not getting navi. The whole time, I've been saying I want to actually try out the navi before I make a decision. I hope they'll get me the car I want so that I can join in on the group buy with you guys. Aaron, where are you gonna be coming from? If it's on the way, I could probably pick you up if I go, or maybe Leon can pick you up. I don't know what's up with my parents right now, so they're still deciding which I think is retarded. They've been saying for a while they'll buy me a car and when it comes to deciding, they start changing their minds constantly.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Instructor

That's the whole issue I'm having with getting navi or not getting navi. The whole time, I've been saying I want to actually try out the navi before I make a decision. I hope they'll get me the car I want so that I can join in on the group buy with you guys. Aaron, where are you gonna be coming from? If it's on the way, I could probably pick you up if I go, or maybe Leon can pick you up. I don't know what's up with my parents right now, so they're still deciding which I think is retarded. They've been saying for a while they'll buy me a car and when it comes to deciding, they start changing their minds constantly.
I think convince your parents on buying TSX first, then worry about if you can get the color you want after. Like what Aaron said, dealers will do anything they can to get you buy the car. If they dont have it.they will get it from somewhere. If you are not trade your can in, I don't see why you cant drive your current car until your car comes in. You also have to think if you dont put a deposit down or something, that black TSX will fall into another person's hand.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Advanced

There is no problem driving my current car. Actually, I love my current car besides the fact it needs some maintenance done. I'm still discussing with my parents about buying the TSX, and now they're debating whether if I should just fix my car now or buy the TSX. As for putting down a deposit, it doesn't really help for the cars they are getting in since they don't have the exact car I want. I'll keep you guys updated though.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Drifting

Haha, see? That's why i was saying before "are you sure your parents have already agreed on buying you a car? Or is it more of a "we'll see" kinda thing?
Anyways... i think i worked out something. I'm coming over from lawrenveville which is up 316. Not far from Carland.

Quick Reply: Atlanta TSX Owners