Atlanta TSX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say,lets wait till next week. Abcheng and KEB probably need more time to decide.
Also, if I can get fooldatclean to join us, it'll be 5 people

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21399
Old 03-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by leonvsclon
I say,lets wait till next week. Abcheng and KEB probably need more time to decide.
Also, if I can get fooldatclean to join us, it'll be 5 people

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21399
More time to decide? lol, from reading the posts in this thread it sounds like they've already decided .
But like i said, the reason why i've decided to go ahead and trade my 4runner in is because i'm not getting much response from my for sale ad. So... i sort of want to get it off my hands before the mileage gets too high and the dealer says, "well we can't get you that much trade-in anymore because your mileage went up."
Since i work downtown... mileage can add up quickly.
Not trying to rush you, but if Saturday is possible. That would probably be best for me.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
More time to decide? lol, from reading the posts in this thread it sounds like they've already decided .
But like i said, the reason why i've decided to go ahead and trade my 4runner in is because i'm not getting much response from my for sale ad. So... i sort of want to get it off my hands before the mileage gets too high and the dealer says, "well we can't get you that much trade-in anymore because your mileage went up."
Since i work downtown... mileage can add up quickly.
Not trying to rush you, but if Saturday is possible. That would probably be best for me.
You should take MARTA to save some mileage j/k

Sat. is fine with me
Old 03-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Drifting

You should take MARTA to save some mileage j/k

Sat. is fine with me
Marta doesn't run in Gwinnett. lol

Anyways... i just reduced selling price of the car on autotrader. Seriously, if i still dont even get at least a response, or questions or anything. Or even a non-serious "just looking" buyer. I'm just going to trade it in before gas prices go up like crazy.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Drifting

Saturday ok with everyone else?

So how do we do this? Just meet there? call each other? or what?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
OK, so I have just read all of your posts and am REALLY excited for all of you. I hope you guys get the colors you want, options, etc... PLEASE post your final prices for the car in this post so those of us following this saga can see the final outcome of "fleet pricing". Fleet Pricing seems kinda like the "insider coupons/comps" in Vegas. You hear about them, but no one actually knows anyone who has really received them. Anyway, good luck with the purchase, and keep us posted.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:28 AM
Advanced

I'll let you guys know if I'm up for Saturday. I haven't had time to talk to my parents yet so I'm not 100% sure I can be there on saturday especially at 2pm since my parents and I are all working. We might be able to work something out though.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:43 AM
Advanced

It seems like no one else got a lower offer than I did and this is actually the first quote I got. It was from Baranco Acura and they wanted $26,060 w/o navi. They said in the email that they will beat any offer up to $500 and they give free oil changes but isn't worth it since they're in Morrow, GA.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:26 AM
KEB
Cruisin'

Hey guys. I do not know about Saturday. My girlfriend is having surgery on Friday and will need me around pretty close for the first 48 hours. If it works out for the rest of you, go ahead and do not wait on me. I have decided for sure on the TSX, but not for sure that now is the time based on some other financial decisions that I have to weigh against this purchase. I probably will go through with it, but I am not sure at this point and even if I decided to do so by Saturday (which is definitely possible), I will not be able to leave her (Carland is 1.5 hours away for me). Keep me in the loop. I will watch to see what is happening and if this happens without me, good luck and let us know how you do!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by abcheng
I'll let you guys know if I'm up for Saturday. I haven't had time to talk to my parents yet so I'm not 100% sure I can be there on saturday especially at 2pm since my parents and I are all working. We might be able to work something out though.
I cant go at 2 pm because I have a test around that time. I wont be available till 4pm. So if you decided to go after 4,it would be great.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Drifting

It seems like no one else got a lower offer than I did and this is actually the first quote I got. It was from Baranco Acura and they wanted $26,060 w/o navi. They said in the email that they will beat any offer up to $500 and they give free oil changes but isn't worth it since they're in Morrow, GA.
Well... we dont really have to service there do we? If we just buy there and they beat Acura Carland's offer by $500 then we've got a pretty good deal going. I mean, even without the fleet pricing. Just with the $28,390 that was initially offered by Carland, i think that the fleet pricing should be even lower. If we aren't satisfied with that we can take the written offer over to baranco and have them beat it by $500.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
wiz
Pro

Good luck guys...I'll be down in Biloxi this weekend otherwise I would probably drive by and watch the flurry of TSX's fly off the lot. Start a thread if you want to get a meet going once you all purchase your cars. I'll be there if I can. This is going to be a busy year, wedding in 6 months, and closing on our house 2 weeks later. Enjoy the buying process though, it's fun!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wiz
Good luck guys...I'll be down in Biloxi this weekend otherwise I would probably drive by and watch the flurry of TSX's fly off the lot. Start a thread if you want to get a meet going once you all purchase your cars. I'll be there if I can. This is going to be a busy year, wedding in 6 months, and closing on our house 2 weeks later. Enjoy the buying process though, it's fun!
Thank you. We definitelly should get all the TSX owners together sometimes. There is actually an Atlanta meet pretty soon,you can check out the thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/atlanta-meet-april-16th-295917/
Old 03-31-2005, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Well... we dont really have to service there do we? If we just buy there and they beat Acura Carland's offer by $500 then we've got a pretty good deal going. I mean, even without the fleet pricing. Just with the $28,390 that was initially offered by Carland, i think that the fleet pricing should be even lower. If we aren't satisfied with that we can take the written offer over to baranco and have them beat it by $500.

Okay, I just talked to Hugh on the phone. I told him we might come on Sat. Hugh was going to let his brother in law to handle the deal,but I told him John Middlebrooks was helping you last week. and we would like him to handle the deal. He said he'll let John Middlebrooks handle the deal then So if we are going on Sat.,make sure you call John and tell him what time we are going before we go. Hugh will let John knows about the group buy.

Another thing I asked Hugh about was about the group buy. I asked him what kind of deal would we get if he runs the purchase through fleet department. Hugh said it will be under $28,000 We just have to get at least 3 people to run the purchase through fleet department. So if anyone wants to get the fleet deal,make sure you bring at least 3 buyers to the dealership.

Last thing.KEB,Hugh said there is a White TSX w/ Navi coming in the dealership right now..and if anyone else wants one,I think he said he can order it.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Drifting

Okay, I just talked to Hugh on the phone. I told him we might come on Sat. Hugh was going to let his brother in law to handle the deal,but I told him John Middlebrooks was helping you last week. and we would like him to handle the deal. He said he'll let John Middlebrooks handle the deal then So if we are going on Sat.,make sure you call John and tell him what time we are going before we go. Hugh will let John knows about the group buy.

Another thing I asked Hugh about was about the group buy. I asked him what kind of deal would we get if he runs the purchase through fleet department. Hugh said it will be under $28,000 We just have to get at least 3 people to run the purchase through fleet department. So if anyone wants to get the fleet deal,make sure you bring at least 3 buyers to the dealership.

Last thing.KEB,Hugh said there is a White TSX w/ Navi coming in the dealership right now..and if anyone else wants one,I think he said he can order it.
His brother in law? Good thing that we didn't get taken care of by him. My cousin was telling me a while back that he went in to test drive a TL at the time and when Hugh was busy, he asked his brother-in-law to help him abd his gf. After a while His brother in law seemed disinterested and after a while, dissappeared after going to get something. He waited around for like half an hour and then let cause he was pissed that he was just left there. lol

So... good thing that John is handling this.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Drifting

WOOOO HOO! YEEEEA!
Just got a call from my Ad, The lady says she's interested. So hopefully i can sell and get the $ before we go in. This way i can get prolly around $15,000 for the 4runner.

Oh... i hope i hope i hope i hope i hope i hope!!!

Wish me luck tonight!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:45 PM
Instructor

His brother in law? Good thing that we didn't get taken care of by him. My cousin was telling me a while back that he went in to test drive a TL at the time and when Hugh was busy, he asked his brother-in-law to help him abd his gf. After a while His brother in law seemed disinterested and after a while, dissappeared after going to get something. He waited around for like half an hour and then let cause he was pissed that he was just left there. lol

So... good thing that John is handling this.
Yeah he told me his brother in law is new and only been here for a few months...so I immediately told him about John.

Good luck on selling your 4runner!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Drifting

Yeah he told me his brother in law is new and only been here for a few months...so I immediately told him about John.

Good luck on selling your 4runner!
A few months? Must have been a "different" brother and law eh?
This happened to my cousin about a year ago before they came out with the new TL's. lol
Old 03-31-2005, 06:52 PM
JLF
1st Gear

Ok, how can we coordinate this or get contact info for each other? We need to be able to get in touch with each other in case something happens. I would also like to be able to get in touch with you in case I am able to join in so that you guys will know I am coming. The more, the better the deal (you would think).
Old 03-31-2005, 06:56 PM
KEB
Cruisin'

The post above under JLF is me (KEB). I posted on my girlfriend's PC so it went out under her ID. Let me know what you guys want to do about contact info.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Advanced

We can PM each other our phone numbers so that we can contact each other.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:29 PM
KEB
Cruisin'

Okay, so do you have a definite time you are meeting? Carland right? How many are coming for sure (not counting me)? One of you PM me a cell number so that I can contact you to let you know for sure if I am coming on Saturday. I would suggest each of you pass along your cell numbers as well.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Advanced

I don't know if I can make it on Saturday. It seems like everyone wants to go to Acura Carland, but I think we should try Ed Voyles as well. I'll PM KE, Alin, KEB, and leon with my cell #.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Instructor

I am going to Ed Voyles to test drive the car and check out what kind of interest rate my parents can get. I will ask them what kind of fleet deal we can get there.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Drifting

I am going to Ed Voyles to test drive the car and check out what kind of interest rate my parents can get. I will ask them what kind of fleet deal we can get there.
Ok, just let us know. I'm still thinking that Carland will give us the best price. Over the internet with ed voyles, they would not even try to match or even beat carland's price. What makes you think they will be willing to deal now?

Old 03-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KEB
Okay, so do you have a definite time you are meeting? Carland right? How many are coming for sure (not counting me)? One of you PM me a cell number so that I can contact you to let you know for sure if I am coming on Saturday. I would suggest each of you pass along your cell numbers as well.

So far, Alin and I are the only 2 for sure that we are going,but we'll need one more to get the fleet deal. We dont have a definite time when we are meeting,but if you are going,I am willing to work out the meeting time with you. I have a test start for noon on Sat, so I wont be home till 3:30 pm.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Ok, just let us know. I'm still thinking that Carland will give us the best price. Over the internet with ed voyles, they would not even try to match or even beat carland's price. What makes you think they will be willing to deal now?

Yeah,their internet sales manager never replied my emails back after I asked him if he is willing to beat Carland's price. It is not I dont want to shop around,but I think we already has an awesome deal with Carland's fleet deal.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:43 PM
KEB
Cruisin'

I received a quote from Ed Voyles then followed up with a phone call. The internet sales manager (who was a great guy) said that they would come off of the sticker $1000 but that was it. He said that the cars were selling and that there was no reason to come off any more, even if it was to match someone else's price. He said that he hoped to do business with me, but if I could find a better price, he did not blame me for going elsewhere. Basically, matching Carland or Acura of Athens price was not even something he would consider. Nalley took basically the same approach and was only about $250 off of sticker with their quote. For me, Athens (because they are close and I have visited) and Carland (because of quote) have been the only considerations for me.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Advanced

When you going to Ed Voyles? I was thinking about stopping by tommorow around 6:30-7PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Instructor

When you going to Ed Voyles? I was thinking about stopping by tommorow around 6:30-7PM.

I am going around 2pm.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Advanced

ah ok.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:03 PM
Drifting

Ok... so we need one more for the fleet deal. Who else is in? come on... just one more.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Instructor

Okay, just got back from Ed Voyles. To tell you the truth, it was a very bad experience. So here is the story....

I got out my classes and met up with my mom a place near Ed Voyles. We went to the dealership together to ask for interest rate. We went in there and told the lady what we were there for. She went and got this salesman named Antonio Morris. Antonio Morris asked us what were we there for and we told him. He said “okay” then walked away. So in the next 4 mins, my mom and I were standing there waiting for him...During that 4 mins, he walked passed us at least 4 times and ignored us.4 mins later he took us in his office to fill out the financing application.
So as we filling out the application, he stepped out of the office and went *poof* After my mom filled out the application, we sat there wait for him to come back. We waited about 10 mins then my mom decided she waited long enough and Antonio needs to get his ass back in the office. My mom went to the front desk asked somebody to get Antonio's ass back in there. So we waited another 3 mins, Antonio finally came back without saying sorry. He checked out the application and said "okay, let me go process this."
3 mins later, he came back with the financing lady. She was very helpful and very nice to us, while Antonio was standing aside and shaking his leg. So my mom were talking to the lady for 10 mins then I decided I want to get out of there. I told the lady I am not going to buy today and I had to go. So she said thanks for stopping by and we left.
Because Antonio was being very unprofessional, I didnt ask him or the lady about the fleet deal. I don’t think I want to go there anymore. If any of you guys want to purchase there, I am sorry, I won’t go back there again. I would rather deal with Hugh than Antonio.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Drifting

Okay, just got back from Ed Voyles. To tell you the truth, it was a very bad experience. So here is the story....

I got out my classes and met up with my mom a place near Ed Voyles. We went to the dealership together to ask for interest rate. We went in there and told the lady what we were there for. She went and got this salesman named Antonio Morris. Antonio Morris asked us what were we there for and we told him. He said “okay” then walked away. So in the next 4 mins, my mom and I were standing there waiting for him...During that 4 mins, he walked passed us at least 4 times and ignored us.4 mins later he took us in his office to fill out the financing application.
So as we filling out the application, he stepped out of the office and went *poof* After my mom filled out the application, we sat there wait for him to come back. We waited about 10 mins then my mom decided she waited long enough and Antonio needs to get his ass back in the office. My mom went to the front desk asked somebody to get Antonio's ass back in there. So we waited another 3 mins, Antonio finally came back without saying sorry. He checked out the application and said "okay, let me go process this."
3 mins later, he came back with the financing lady. She was very helpful and very nice to us, while Antonio was standing aside and shaking his leg. So my mom were talking to the lady for 10 mins then I decided I want to get out of there. I told the lady I am not going to buy today and I had to go. So she said thanks for stopping by and we left.
Because Antonio was being very unprofessional, I didnt ask him or the lady about the fleet deal. I don’t think I want to go there anymore. If any of you guys want to purchase there, I am sorry, I won’t go back there again. I would rather deal with Hugh than Antonio.

Ouch... that musta hurt. Man... I would've raised some hell witht he GM lol.

Anyways...
Abcheng & KEB are you sure of your schedule for tomorrow yet?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Advanced

Not sure. I'm really starting to think we're not going to be able to get the car for $27,500. I went to test drive the TSX at Ed Voyles and I talked to the salesman about pricing (unfortunately, the secretary directed me to someone other that Marc Burrell) and basically, with navi it's going to cost $28,400 w/ protection package. Add tax and like a $42 title / tag fee and a freaking $398 dollar documentation fee, and it's around $30,200 OTD. I loved everything about the TSX except the engine. It just seems to be quite slow. It has a nice pull to it and it likes to rev, but you don't really seem to get anywhere. I have a Acura Legend right now, and the power between my 200 hp v6 and the 200hp i4 in the TSX is really different. I don't understand why . Ed Voyles didn't have any navi TSXs on the freaking lot so I didn't get to try the navigation. Also, the prices I showed the salesman (Baranco Acura and Acura Carland), he says Baranco's price didn't include destination and Acura Carland does not include the protection package in their price, which doesn't matter to me. So far, Ed Voyles is probably giving the best price of $26,400 including protection package w/o navi and $28,400 w/ navi. I also asked him about group buys and he says he could probably only knock off ~ $130 since he only makes $500 (bs).
Old 04-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Not sure. I'm really starting to think we're not going to be able to get the car for $27,500. I went to test drive the TSX at Ed Voyles and I talked to the salesman about pricing (unfortunately, the secretary directed me to someone other that Marc Burrell) and basically, with navi it's going to cost $28,400 w/ protection package. Add tax and like a $42 title / tag fee and a freaking $398 dollar documentation fee, and it's around $30,200 OTD. I loved everything about the TSX except the engine. It just seems to be quite slow. It has a nice pull to it and it likes to rev, but you don't really seem to get anywhere. I have a Acura Legend right now, and the power between my 200 hp v6 and the 200hp i4 in the TSX is really different. I don't understand why . Ed Voyles didn't have any navi TSXs on the freaking lot so I didn't get to try the navigation. Also, the prices I showed the salesman (Baranco Acura and Acura Carland), he says Baranco's price didn't include destination and Acura Carland does not include the protection package in their price, which doesn't matter to me. So far, Ed Voyles is probably giving the best price of $26,400 including protection package w/o navi and $28,400 w/ navi. I also asked him about group buys and he says he could probably only knock off ~ $130 since he only makes $500 (bs).

HA! You got played! I told Antonio I was looking for a white tsx w/navi and he told me there was one on the lot available for me to buy.
Abcheng, I asked Hugh 2 days ago what kind of deal would we get if he runs through fleet department,and he said the fleet deal will get us under $28,000. We definitely need to go to Carland together and try to bring the price down as low as possible.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Advanced

I'll try my best tommorrow and try to get there. The thing is, if I do go over there tomorrow, I most likely won't be buying. Man.... I really wanted to play with the navi. If I go to Acura Carland tomorrow, I'll play with it . Wait.... I think I might've seen a white tsx there. I test drove the light blueish colored one, but then again I vaguely remember and it was dark outside.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Instructor

The white tsx was parked beside a bunch of silver tsx. It was located on the right side of the dealership building if you face the dealership. I saw a black one(parked in front of the dealership) ,it looked SOOOOOO HOT. What is stoping you from buying it right now? Power?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Advanced

hmm didn't get a good look at the cars they had on the lot. The only ones I saw were right in front of the dealership. There were mostly RSXs there I think. What's stopping me from buying is price basically. Also, like I've said before, I haven't had much time to talk to my parents about the car, but they say they'll buy me a car ~ $30k. I'm just afraid that they might change their mind for some retarded reason (parents.... yeah).
Old 04-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Advanced

Talked to my parents and they have some crap to do around 4-5 tomorrow ::sigh::

Quick Reply: Atlanta TSX Owners