Atlanta TSX Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlanta TSX Owners

I'm in the market for a TSX now and I was wondering how much you guys paid for your TSX and from which dealership you bought from (ie. Acura Carland, Ed Voyles Acura, Baranco Acura, Acura of Augusta, Nalley Acura... etc.) Baranco Acura gave me a quote of $26060 w/o navi and $28,560 w/ navi. I tried going to Nalley Acura today, but they were freaking closed.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Those prices are pretty decent. According to our TSX owners registry, the average price for 2005 TSX is $26,118.74 or $28,085.47 with navi.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Those prices are pretty decent. According to our TSX owners registry, the average price for 2005 TSX is $26,118.74 or $28,085.47 with navi.
Keep shopping around. I'm in the same situation as you are. I think most if not all acura dealers are closed on Sunday and close early on Saturday.
I want to try and get an 05 w/ nav for 27,500 just like "virtualbong" did.
Look at the "owners sign-in". Virtualbong got a killer deal.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Advanced

I'll definitely look around. It seems like people get TSXs for $23-24K no problem. Hopefully I'll be able to get it at that price, but I highly doubt it. Is there no one here who lives in Atlanta ?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Instructor

I just recentled got my TSX from Ed Voyles Acura...but they had to order it, and ended up getting it from Nalley Acura. But I purchsed it through Ed Voyles. Marc Burell the sales manager is who u want to talk to. He's a really cool straightforward guy. I got my TSX for $26,200, but he ended up giving me an extra 500 bucks for my GS-R to lock in the sale. Nalley Acura was good too, but not as competitively priced. Best of luck. Let me know what u end up doing.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Advanced

Did you pay $26,200 with the $500 trade in or without the $500 trade in? Also, was that OTD?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Instructor

That's be a crazy good deal if it's out the out the door. You're talking $1500ish in tax. I got mine in Feb '04 from Carland. They had to get the car from a Columbus dealer - no other dealers could even find another car let alone match the price on a different color. Excluding my dealer options I was in the ballpark of $28.5k (SSM 6MT Nav).
Old 03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Advanced

It seems like it's really hard to get a good deal in the southeast / Atlanta area. Hopefully, I can get it down to $25k by going around to each dealership and seeing if they can beat offers from other dealerships.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by abcheng
Did you pay $26,200 with the $500 trade in or without the $500 trade in? Also, was that OTD?

I paid 26,200 .......for just the TSX.....not out the door......just the car...not including tax , tag title, non of that.... out the door it was different cause they gave me $6000 for my 98 GS-R
Old 03-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Instructor

I am loooking to buy a TSX in the next weeks. Acura Carland quoted me $26,390.00 / $28,390.00 (with navi). I'll keep shopping around.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Acura Carland quoted me: $26,460.00 / $28,460.00 (Navi)

Baranco Acura quoted me: $26,060 / $28560 (Navi)

I'm gonna call Ed Voyles and see how much they'll sell it to me for and Nalley Acura as well. Hopefully Ed Voyles or Acura Carland will give me a better deal since my parents bought the Legend from Acura Carland and the MDX from Ed Voyles.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Drifting

Acura Carland quoted me: $26,460.00 / $28,460.00 (Navi)

Baranco Acura quoted me: $26,060 / $28560 (Navi)

I'm gonna call Ed Voyles and see how much they'll sell it to me for and Nalley Acura as well. Hopefully Ed Voyles or Acura Carland will give me a better deal since my parents bought the Legend from Acura Carland and the MDX from Ed Voyles.
Hey leonvsclon and abcheng,
My time frame is the same as yours. Lets buy our cars TOGETHER at the same dealer! This way i think they'll be more aggressive because instead of one sale they'll get THREE! What do you guys think?

Lemme know...

thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Advanced

I was actually thinking about that. Good thing there are a few people on here who are in the market for a TSX . Are you guys considering the TL as well? If we can't get a good enough deal in state, we might be able to get a group buy from Montclair Acura. The only problem is we gotta buy it before the end of March.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Instructor

I was actually thinking about that. Good thing there are a few people on here who are in the market for a TSX . Are you guys considering the TL as well? If we can't get a good enough deal in state, we might be able to get a group buy from Montclair Acura. The only problem is we gotta buy it before the end of March.

abcheng...........did u ever talk to Marc Burell....he's the Sales Manager so can run the best numbers for you.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Advanced

Are you referring to Montclair Acura? If so, I'll give him a call. I only sent an email to the internet sales person there since there was a sticky on the TL forum.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Are you referring to Montclair Acura? If so, I'll give him a call. I only sent an email to the internet sales person there since there was a sticky on the TL forum.
He's the Sales Manager @ Ed Voyles Acura...and the good thing about him is...he'll work the deal with u, and then if he doesn't have the car in stock, he'll get it from another local dealer @ the price u agreed on.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ComptechTSX
I just recentled got my TSX from Ed Voyles Acura...but they had to order it, and ended up getting it from Nalley Acura. But I purchsed it through Ed Voyles. Marc Burell the sales manager is who u want to talk to. He's a really cool straightforward guy. I got my TSX for $26,200, but he ended up giving me an extra 500 bucks for my GS-R to lock in the sale. Nalley Acura was good too, but not as competitively priced. Best of luck. Let me know what u end up doing.
I got my RL from Ed Voyles through Marc Burell and I can't agree more with what you said - he's very nice to deal with and yup, no hassle, straightforward guy! Another sales person that is very nice is Bill Duffle. Definitely talk to either one of these guys.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Instructor

I would love to do a group buy with u guys if we can get a great discount.
I am hoping the group buy can get me a TSX with Navi around $27,500.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Advanced

$27k with navi is my target price. I was expecting to get a non navi for $25k which allows the dealerships to still make quite a bit of money based on the invoice price of the TSX off Yahoo Autos. Add $2k on that for navi and they're still making quite a bit of money. I think I might stop by Ed Voyles today to test drive the TSX and see what kind of price they will give me. Hopefully, they might give me more of a discount for being a return customer. After all, they made a shitload off my dad when he got his MDX.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Drifting

$27k with navi is my target price. I was expecting to get a non navi for $25k which allows the dealerships to still make quite a bit of money based on the invoice price of the TSX off Yahoo Autos. Add $2k on that for navi and they're still making quite a bit of money. I think I might stop by Ed Voyles today to test drive the TSX and see what kind of price they will give me. Hopefully, they might give me more of a discount for being a return customer. After all, they made a shitload off my dad when he got his MDX.
Um... i think around $27,100 is their actual invoice price. I dont think that they'll let you walk away for $27k on a navigation.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by leonvsclon
I would love to do a group buy with u guys if we can get a great discount.
I am hoping the group buy can get me a TSX with Navi around $27,500.
Yep, that's the same price i'm hoping to get mine at. Well... lets do it then! I bet the 3 of us can shop around together and have them fight to make 3 deals.
What's your time frame? I'm hoping by the end of this month. I'm hoping that my 4runner sells by then.

thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Instructor

25K for the TSX......no way... i think invoice on the non navi TSX is 25,1 or something. Be a little more realistic on the profit margin for the dealerships. They only get so many cars anyways..there not gonna let them go, only makin a fun hundred profit.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Yep, that's the same price i'm hoping to get mine at. Well... lets do it then! I bet the 3 of us can shop around together and have them fight to make 3 deals.
What's your time frame? I'm hoping by the end of this month. I'm hoping that my 4runner sells by then.

thanks
Due to school's tests, I cant go shop till next Sat. I need to buy a car before May 10th so I can use it for summer school and internship. So yeah,after next Sat. I will be ready to buy.

How do you want to do this? Call+email them asking for a group discount?
Old 03-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Drifting

Due to school's tests, I cant go shop till next Sat. I need to buy a car before May 10th so I can use it for summer school and internship. So yeah,after next Sat. I will be ready to buy.

How do you want to do this? Call+email them asking for a group discount?
Well... lets all shop around individually on the phone and internet. Then we'll take the lowest $$ that all of us get and we'll have another dealer beat it when we go in together. This way they aren't fighting for one sale. They are more or less fighting for 3. I think they'll be a lot more aggressive. I think a sales manager might be able to shrug off one sale walking out, but not 3. He'll be still getting his foot out of his mouth by the end of the year.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:14 AM
KEB
Cruisin'

Make that 4 of us

Make that 4 possible sales. I too am shopping the Atlanta area. I have received internet quotes and talked on the phone with each dealership. The best that I have found so far was 26,400 (non navi) and 28,400 (navi). Invoice is 25,354 and 27,175 as reported on kbb.com. We all know that dealers all seem to deal better when you are in the showroom as opposed to being on the phone but I am quite a ways away and have to do most of my dealing over the phone until I decide where to visit. I had much higher quotes and these guys all seemed pretty confident the prices quoted were as low as they were going to go because the supply is low and the demand is high. Personally, I am going to try to get Acura of Athens to beat the lowest price I get. They probably have the lowest selection but can trade or order. I like them because they have a policy where they will come to get your car (up to 125 miles) and provide a loaner for all maintenance needs free of charge. They also do two free details/year. Only dealership I have found that does so. Keep me posted on what you guys find / do?
Old 03-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Advanced

Check out autos.yahoo.com invoice price. Also, remember they have a certain percentage holdback on top of the invoice price. I think out of state, we can get a good price since Montclair acura wants $25,895 for non - navi. OTD price would be $25,895+ our tax + ~ $550 shipping. As for when I'm looking to get one, it doesn't matter to me. Whenever you guys are ready to buy, I am. Anyhoo, I'm gonna go to Nalley Acura today and Acura Carland and Ed Voyles next week. I'll see what prices I can get. Hopefully Acura Carland or Ed Voyles will get me a better deal since my family has previously bought computers from them.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Drifting

That probably is the case when dealers have rebates and ect...
But i dont think that Acura has much though on the holdback. Someone chime in if i'm wrong.

Check out autos.yahoo.com invoice price. Also, remember they have a certain percentage holdback on top of the invoice price. I think out of state, we can get a good price since Montclair acura wants $25,895 for non - navi. OTD price would be $25,895+ our tax + ~ $550 shipping. As for when I'm looking to get one, it doesn't matter to me. Whenever you guys are ready to buy, I am. Anyhoo, I'm gonna go to Nalley Acura today and Acura Carland and Ed Voyles next week. I'll see what prices I can get. Hopefully Acura Carland or Ed Voyles will get me a better deal since my family has previously bought computers from them.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by KEB
Make that 4 possible sales. I too am shopping the Atlanta area. I have received internet quotes and talked on the phone with each dealership. The best that I have found so far was 26,400 (non navi) and 28,400 (navi). Invoice is 25,354 and 27,175 as reported on kbb.com. We all know that dealers all seem to deal better when you are in the showroom as opposed to being on the phone but I am quite a ways away and have to do most of my dealing over the phone until I decide where to visit. I had much higher quotes and these guys all seemed pretty confident the prices quoted were as low as they were going to go because the supply is low and the demand is high. Personally, I am going to try to get Acura of Athens to beat the lowest price I get. They probably have the lowest selection but can trade or order. I like them because they have a policy where they will come to get your car (up to 125 miles) and provide a loaner for all maintenance needs free of charge. They also do two free details/year. Only dealership I have found that does so. Keep me posted on what you guys find / do?
Well... ok then...
4... awesome! We may be able to get it for probably $27,500.
Ok... so what's our time frame that we are looking at for everyone here? I am going to put my 4runner up for sale tomorrow in the morning. As soon as it sells, that's when i'll be ready.
What about you guys?

thanks
Old 03-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Instructor

I'll be ready after April 2nd.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Advanced

Sounds good. I went be Nalley Acura today and they want freaking $27,300 for a non-navi and they won't budge. They say there's no reason for them to lower their price since the TSXs sell so well. Are all of you guys looking to get a TSX w/ navi? I haven't tried out the navi feature, so I'll have to wait and see whether if I want one or not.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:37 PM
KEB
Cruisin'

Then stay away from Nalley! Of everyone that I have spoken with , they were the highest in price. My quote from them was 29,060 w/ navi and 27,060 w/o. Ed Voyles was 28,760 and 26,760 (basically $1000 off MSRP). Acura Carland was around 26,354 (cannot remember w/ navi quote) and Acura of Athens was around 26,400 (did not quote w/ navi). I test drove both the TL (girlfriend's choice) and TSX today in Athens. CONFUSION! Love the look of the TL as well as the performance, audio system, bluetooth, etc, but not sure I am ready to pay $6k more for it. I will probably be leasing and leaning to the TSX. They do not currently have my color choice in Athens (white) with navi. They have been so great to deal with to this point, I will probably give them my business unless you guys find something much better. I also like their "pick up your car within 125 miles for service/free loaner" program for all cars purchased. Keep me posted on what you guys do.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Instructor

I was planning to shop either in Acura Carland or Ed Volyes,but I like the "Pick up your car within 125 miles for service/free loaner." I dont really want to go shop there because the dealership is 40 miles away from my house.But if I can get a great deal there ,I'll shop there.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Drifting

I was planning to shop either in Acura Carland or Ed Volyes,but I like the "Pick up your car within 125 miles for service/free loaner." I dont really want to go shop there because the dealership is 40 miles away from my house.But if I can get a great deal there ,I'll shop there.
Dont worry about the "pick-up" thingy. Most of the maintenance on the TSX is the oil changes. Why have someone drive your car from that far away for a $20-30 oil change? Most places you can drop off at and they'll get you a loaner.

At any rate, Acura carland is giving me the best price so far. $28,400 w/ nav. So...
After April 2nd sounds good to me. So we're going to set the date? Purchase after April 2nd? Ok... good
Until then, lets keep looking around for the best price. That way when the time comes, we will walk into another dealer and say "beat the price!".
Sound good?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Advanced

Eh... if you live far from Athens, having them pick up your car and do an oil change is useless. You're just putting extra unneeded mileage on your car. I hope we deal with Ed Voyles or Acura Carland since they seem to be better dealerships in the Atlanta area. Are we all going to just go in and demand a price? We may be able to get some people from the TL forum to join in on the group buy with us. After all, the more there is, the more likely we're going to get a better deal.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Drifting

I think that we should just keep it to TSX's. If we involove the TL's... that will open up another can or worms. Besides, 4 is plenty. If we go with too many people , then the more people we have, the more likely that someone will "not have time" or "not ready yet".

Eh... if you live far from Athens, having them pick up your car and do an oil change is useless. You're just putting extra unneeded mileage on your car. I hope we deal with Ed Voyles or Acura Carland since they seem to be better dealerships in the Atlanta area. Are we all going to just go in and demand a price? We may be able to get some people from the TL forum to join in on the group buy with us. After all, the more there is, the more likely we're going to get a better deal.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Instructor

I am cool with Ed Voyles and Acura Carland. I think we should just pick the 2 lowest and go to the higher one ask them to beat the lower one.

Also, I think we should come up with a backup plan or something. I know Alin10123 and I are both aiming at $27,500 for TSX w/ Navi. What if we cant get it for $27,500? Are we willing to buy the car for a little bit more? Or tell them to add few stuff if they want to sell us more? Let me know.

Another quick question. What color are you guys getting?
Old 03-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Advanced

My parents are buying the car for me and it was actually more than they gave me. I think now they want to buy me a car < $30k. I really hope they accept our offer of $27,500 for the navi and maybe even a lower price . What could we get them to throw in ? The protection package which I believe includes the trunk tray, splash guards, and the wheel locks? I'm hoping I can get a black / black, but my parents want me to get a lighter colored interior such as tan. I'm also considering Milano Red / tan since Milano Red looks so damn nice. Are all of you guys planning on buying navi ?

Edit: Forgot to ask what tranny you guys are getting. I kinda want a MT since I like the looks of the shift knob, wanna drive one badly, and I think it fits best for this car since it's considered a sporty sedan.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Instructor

My parents are buying a car for me too. All I want is a TSX,but a TSX w/Navi would be great I dont know if they are willing to go under $27,500. From what I read so far, I dont think anyone got a TSX w/ Navi less than $28,000 this year.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Advanced

I hear ya. From what I hear, the navi is definitely worth getting. What really makes me want to get the navi is the voice commands. I'm really really hoping we can get it for $27k, but $27.5k would be nice as well.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Drifting

I am cool with Ed Voyles and Acura Carland. I think we should just pick the 2 lowest and go to the higher one ask them to beat the lower one.

Also, I think we should come up with a backup plan or something. I know Alin10123 and I are both aiming at $27,500 for TSX w/ Navi. What if we cant get it for $27,500? Are we willing to buy the car for a little bit more? Or tell them to add few stuff if they want to sell us more? Let me know.

Another quick question. What color are you guys getting?
Ok, i'll be ok as long as i get it for under $28,000. since i want to be under $30,000 OTD. (6%) sales tax.
I'm getting the Carbon Gray with Ebony Interior (auto). I've thought about the manual and it may be fun for a little bit, but it'll be a PITA after a couple of months since ATL traffic sucks. I mean... traffic slows to a crawl when it sprinkles a little rain.

One more thing, since your parents are buying you the TSX, have they already agreed to it? Or is it more of "i'll think about it?"
I'm sure i'm going to get it. So i dont want to walk into the dealer and be like, "we've got 3 deals for you!" and then have your parents say no! I would look like a big idiot.

Quick Reply: Atlanta TSX Owners