Artic Blue Pearl owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artic Blue Pearl owners

I'm getting my new TSX next Saturday 7/19/03. I chose the artic Blue Pearl because I now have a silver Acura CL-S and just need a change. There was a Carbon gray/quartz (which i thought was too much the same color in & out) and silver w/ebony. They had one Satin Silver Metallic/quartz (sold) and of course I liked that because it was "different. " Since I never owned a blue car I was wondering if the color is hard to keep clean or shows scratches easily. Do you receive comments from people saying. "its a great color!" or what? Just wanna be sure because the dealer told me I could make a change on Monday before they prep the car. (unless the other TSX's I mentioned her were sold on Saturday).
Old 07-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Looks great even dirty

I get lots of compliments about the car and it's unique color. It really stands out among the gray crowd.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:32 PM
More On

Don't know how blue behaves, but IMO you're getting a GREAT color -- it's probably the one I would have chosen if it was available right away. (Got CG/Ebony.)

About scratches etc.: It seems Acura did a great job picking colors for the TSX. Not only do people love them all, but it seems they all do well with scratches, dents, and whatnot. I think that for ALL the colors, every time someone has asked, "Do they show dents (or whatever) real bad," the answers always come back "no." So on the TSX, I think you have no problem in this area with any of the colors.

BTW I also had silver before (TL-S), and the CG on my TSX doesn't feel at all similar. I bet you would have been happy with that too. But Arctic Blue is great.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks, Larchmont and gregor. Your opinions were well taken. Makes me think I was kinda lucky to actually get the Artic Blue color I wanted and that nobody had a deposit on it. I'm an early bird so I got to the dealership early on saturday morning and had my pick.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:26 PM
wiz
Pro

I don't see how you think the CG/Quartz seems like the same color in and out, but you dind't think that the SSM/Quartz was the same in and out. The SSM is closer to the color of the Quartz interior, and the CG is a lot darker and is more the same color in and out with the Ebony interior.

I was going to get the Arctic Blue for the TSX, but I wasn't sure how I was going to like waking up in 4 years and seeing I had a blue car. I probably would have still loved it, but let's just say that for just under $27k, I went with something I knew I'd like.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:31 PM
More On

Originally posted by wiz
I don't see how you think the CG/Quartz seems like the same color in and out......
Wiz, I think you might have misunderstood him. At first I had the same trouble figuring out what he meant, until I realized he probably meant, COMPARING THE WHOLE THING TO HIS CURRENT CAR, not comparing exterior with interior.

Is this right, Paul?

(If not, I agree with wiz.)
Old 07-13-2003, 01:39 PM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by larchmont
Wiz, I think you might have misunderstood him. At first I had the same trouble figuring out what he meant, until I realized he probably meant, COMPARING THE WHOLE THING TO HIS CURRENT CAR, not comparing exterior with interior.

Is this right, Paul?

(If not, I agree with wiz.)
I dunno Larch...I think he might be a little confused. He says:

Originally posted by PaulJ7460
There was a Carbon gray/quartz (which i thought was too much the same color in & out) and silver w/ebony.
It sounds to me like he is saying the CG/Quartz is the same color on the exterior and interior, and then says they have a SSM/Ebony also. Then he goes on and says:

They had one Satin Silver Metallic/quartz (sold) and of course I liked that because it was "different. "
I mean, the car is really not different, bland would be more of my choice of words for silver/silver in a car. Car companies have been doing same interior and exterior colors for a while now, white on white, black on black, and I guess there has been silver on silver as well. I guess the way he wrote it might not be the way he is wanting to say it, because it really doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buying a Blue/ebony TSX makes perfect sense to me!!
Old 07-14-2003, 03:11 AM
Instructor

Yup, that's what I'm doing
Old 07-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Cruisin'

I think I created some confusion here. I liked the both the carbon gray/quartz and the SSM/quartz. AS far as what I meant on "the same color in & out" I was referring to the carbon gray with quartz interior only, not the Satin Silver Metallic. Isn't the quartz color considered gray? Perhaps I looked at the car too quickly because it did not have a Navi and was a 6 speed manual, so my initial thoughts were to forget it. I think the carbon gray is a great color and probably looks best with the quartz vs. ebony interior. Had it come with a Navi and was automatic, i would had been torn between that and the Artic Blue Pearl but most people think I made a good choice. Hey. if I get tired of the color I can always trade it in for another in a few years.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:56 AM
10th Gear

I've had my Arctic Blue Pearl TSX for about a month now. I unfortunately have to park it not only outside, but under a tree. It gets quite dirty. From a distance the blue never looks dirty.. Up close you can see the dust/pollen after some accumulation, but its much better than darker cars.

Pics are up at http://richf.org/tsx The first set is 2 days after I picked up the car and it has 2 days worth of pollen on it, you cant really tell.

I'm quite pleased with it.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Suzuka Master

....Perhaps I looked at the [CG/QZ] car too quickly because it did not have a Navi and was a 6 speed manual....
There is a fifth!!! (sixth? Odessa do you hav navi or no??). I wonder who's gonna get it...
Old 07-14-2003, 10:15 AM
More On

I think I created some confusion here. I liked the both the carbon gray/quartz and the SSM/quartz. AS far as what I meant on "the same color in & out" I was referring to the carbon gray with quartz interior only, not the Satin Silver Metallic. Isn't the quartz color considered gray?......
Wiz was right. Do take another look.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:10 AM
The Dude

I really like how the Artic Blue looks. Had mine for a little over 2 months.

I get some comments now on then on the color. Blue's my favorite color and it works out as there aren't that many blue cars in my area.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you AcuraIllinois for those great pictures of your Artic Blue Pearl TSX. I have e-mailed some of these pics to friends and co-workers!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Blueberry

I LOVE the arctic blue, it was not originally my first choice, but when I saw it inperson, I was hooked right away! I doesn't show dirt, which is nice. Also, when it's clean and in the sun, it really sparkles!

I've had numerous people come up to me in parking lots and compliment the color, it's a big hit! Plus it's rare, so that's pretty cool!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:14 PM
3rd Gear

I agree with TSXY on this one...I've had many ppl comment on the color of the car....random ppl just coming up to me and offering comments

One comment stands out....one individual said that Acura got the "blue" just right....not too purple not too navy blue...

Loving mine so far
Old 07-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I created some confusion here. I liked the both the carbon gray/quartz and the SSM/quartz. AS far as what I meant on "the same color in & out" I was referring to the carbon gray with quartz interior only, not the Satin Silver Metallic. Isn't the quartz color considered gray? Perhaps I looked at the car too quickly because it did not have a Navi and was a 6 speed manual, so my initial thoughts were to forget it. I think the carbon gray is a great color and probably looks best with the quartz vs. ebony interior. Had it come with a Navi and was automatic, i would had been torn between that and the Artic Blue Pearl but most people think I made a good choice. Hey. if I get tired of the color I can always trade it in for another in a few years.
Paul...You haven't heard? The TSX looks best with Ebony. Undisputed Champion as the people say. Someone should do a poll and see how many people would own a PWP/Ebony if available in the states. I could be wrong but, I think more people would settle for the Ebony and their ext. color of choice as opposed to the alternative. If they made a Plain white w/ebony I'd be all over that one.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:51 AM
Instructor

AcuraIllinois, could you post your pics?
I'm also looking into getting an Artic Blue, but they seem to be hard to find. Oh well, I am willing to wait to make sure I get the color I really want.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:55 AM
The Dude

I would post my Artic Blue pics if I had em. I don't have a digital cam, or a scanner, so no pic from me. However, there were other threads that had pics of Artic Blue.

Here's one:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...=&threadid=671'

The guy's site is:
http://richf.org/tsx

He's got some great pics.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:04 PM
Instructor

It looks like a few other people have the same problem I have typing "Arctic", and missing the first "c"... I type too fast, usually have to type it two or three times before I do it right
Old 07-15-2003, 06:48 PM
More On

Originally posted by hobbestec
It looks like a few other people have the same problem I have typing "Arctic", and missing the first "c"... I type too fast, usually have to type it two or three times before I do it right
Eventually, the powers-that-be will change the spelling to "Artic."

You're just ahead of the curve, that's all.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Instructor

I've noticed the blue is hard to find. No dealer in my area (there are like 8) has the Arctic Blue / Auto / Navi in stock.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:19 PM
9th Gear

Originally posted by pansuria
I've noticed the blue is hard to find. No dealer in my area (there are like 8) has the Arctic Blue / Auto / Navi in stock.
I walked into the closest dealership and asked for exactly that combination. They had one coming in on a truck the next day. I put down the deposit, and the next day drove off with the car. I guess I got lucky.

They have another identical car with the exception of the navi. It's sitting at Criswell Acura in Annapolis, MD.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Instructor

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!! I am sitting here in the Bay Area with no TSX (
Old 07-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Instructor

wow! rorrim, you're extremely lucky , nobody in massachusetts had that combination, or anything coming in. I'm still waiting for mine to come. i'll find out what is going on with it next week.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Advanced

Hi guys! Newbie member here. I love the Artic Blue Pearl TSX. I've had mine for almost 1 month now. I will be posting pictures soon.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

Cool

I cant wait, I'm picking up my artic blue pearl/ebony tsx tomorrow!!! I wasnt sure if I was going to like the blue, kinda hard to tell what it looks like from the book.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Advanced

Yonkers, you're gonna love the blue.

It's a terrific color on a terrific car. I love how it stands out in a parking lot among a sea of gray cars
Old 07-16-2003, 10:23 PM
More On

Originally posted by yonkers
I cant wait, I'm picking up my artic blue pearl/ebony tsx tomorrow!!! I wasnt sure if I was going to like the blue, kinda hard to tell what it looks like from the book.
I wanna see it, too! That's probably the color I would have chosen, if it had been available right away.

Don't worry, I won't come looking for you. But I WILL be keeping my eyes open!
Old 07-17-2003, 04:09 AM
Cruisin'

I think that the Arctic Blue is a cool color. It is not as dark as Lexus Blue and it is certainly unique. I ordered mine back in the last week of March and got the car a week later.

As for availability here, there is an Arctic Blue in the showroom at the dealership, but it is an Automatic.