Appalled!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appalled!!!!

Hey guys,

Recently i posted about a 'sqeezing' type sound from the driver-side window. Anyways, i brought it in and i picked up the car a day later. Well, let me say that i was not impressed...

apparently, the dealer said they just had to 'lube' something and that it was fine. Well, it wasn't fine. As I was walking to the car, I noticed that this 'lube' was all over that black pillar separating the front, side window and the back, side window. Worse, I got in and noticed that it was on the inside of the door as well.

they didn't even mention it and i was going to ask them to clean it off, but i thought, "I'm not going to get 'these' guys to clean it off". If they're the ones that did that, how well do you really think they'd be a cleaning it off? I'll be taking it to my detailer shortly. I just can't believe they do such a bad job of washing, cleaning, etc at the dealership. I know that it's not really important to them, and it's not like i'm paying them to do it, but cmon! I mean, i walk around the back of the building and see some kid who looks no older than 15 washing a brand'new MDX with some sort of 'mop' or something. Honestly, maybe i was nieve, but i'm seriously chocked and will never tell them to wash it when i bring it in.

BTW, the sound is still there. What a bad experience. Comments guys?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 AM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

Richmond Acura? I'd like to know. Even though I'm in Tennessee right now, I may be bringing my TSX back to Vancouver one day.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Advanced.

I've let the dealership wash mine once, only because I could see them washing it. Other than that, I don't let them. The bottom line is that they try to wash the cars as fast as possible and get them out of there. It's not going to be a detailed wash like you might give it.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Advanced

CEST MOI, it was Acura of Langley. Whoa!!!! Ur in Tenesse and you know of Richmond Acura?! LOL!! BTW, let me know if ur ever in town. But according to KNOX, i guess it really doesn't matter which dealership. From now on, i'm going to make sure that i have an appointment w/ my detailer right after i pick up the car from the dealership.

And just curious... do u guys think that, if i had a Ferrari F430 or whatever (yeah, right!), and i brought it in for service, would the Ferrari guys have a different attitude to washing clients' cars? I think they probably would.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Have camera, will travel

This is a common issue with the TSX. Keeping the door/window/sunroof seals clean helps, and using a silicone type lube to periodically condition them helps, too. Not a big deal, and not a real flaw, IMO. Just some tight seals.

As far as the dealer soiling your car with the lube, that's BS. Make them clean it completely up for sure, or at least refund the price of a detail. That'd piss me off, too.

NEVER let the stealer wash your car.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Ha they covered your car in lube !

won't the excess just wipe off with a J-cloth ?

How much did they use ?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Racer

We had a similar experience when we took our Camry in to get a squeak fixed. And the squeak still wasn't fixed!

I had the same initial reaction as you, but later decided to take it back in and tell the service manager. Well, the service manager serviced it himself, no more squeak, and car came back spotless.

Since then, we don't bring it in on the weekends anymore, as I think the service manager isn't around then.....