Anyone used Acura Total Luxury Care

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone used Acura Total Luxury Care

Just wondering if anyone has used this before.

1) How does it work?
2) How was the service?
3) Do you still have AAA anyway?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:47 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i just used it to get my fucking car towed because the master cylinder on the cluth is fucked for osme reason, and now I can't get the car into gear...

Ya call the 1800 number, they ask for the last 6 of the vin, find out where the car is etc... and they come out to you, depending on how far away u are, it could take an hour++ before they come out to you.

I think its also free of charge so long as the car is under warranty.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's free of charge until your warranty is up. Just call the 800 # on your window sticker and they come right out. However... i have heard that the service isn't that great. I remember reading on here that one member called and when he asked if it was a flatbed or not being sent out (because i think the manual says flatbeds only), the service rep said all we send out are flatbeds. Then he ends up getting a regular truck.
The towtruck driver has to go back to his shop to get a flatbed, by that time the AAA guy had come out already with his flatbed. it was a whole mess.
Anyways... i'ms ure some have had better experiences than the one memebrs i'm talking about.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you use Acura TLC, do you yourself pay first and then have to file paperwork to get reinburshed?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Alin10123
It's free of charge until your warranty is up. Just call the 800 # on your window sticker and they come right out. However... i have heard that the service isn't that great. I remember reading on here that one member called and when he asked if it was a flatbed or not being sent out (because i think the manual says flatbeds only), the service rep said all we send out are flatbeds. Then he ends up getting a regular truck.
The towtruck driver has to go back to his shop to get a flatbed, by that time the AAA guy had come out already with his flatbed. it was a whole mess.
Anyways... i'ms ure some have had better experiences than the one memebrs i'm talking about.
Yep, that was me. I ripped Acura Care on the phone and on their surveys they don't pay attention to. I have owned Hondas since 1992 & Acura since 2003. I had much better treatment from Honda.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
I locked my keys in my car once & called the 800#. I did not have to pay a dime -- all they did was send out a local locksmith to do the job. So a lot of the service satisfaction depends on the local company that is sent to help you.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tsx536
When you use Acura TLC, do you yourself pay first and then have to file paperwork to get reinburshed?
nope they just took the car... they bill Acura TLC, and if necessesary, acura bills you.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:42 AM

my experience just now was pretty good.

they number called and said he'd be there within 2 hours. the driver of the truck called me when he was about 15 minutes away... and then he called me when he got there. very nice guy, took care of it getting it gently on the flat bed... and took her away :wtc:

i think it really all depends on your local service.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never used it but i know a girl that got two flat tires on the same side in the city and they came out within 20min to fix her car.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:29 AM
HOWARD911S

if you bought certified pre owned then u may get screwed. this once my battery died on my last car, which was certified used from acura dealer. i called TLC, they kept asking for my extended warranty contract number, i was like. lady, i bought this certified used one, i do NOT have extended warranty paper, went through 2 people and all they say is they can not send anyone out without the contract number, i even told them i have paperwork say its certified pre owned here i,ll how u when u get here, they still wont budge a bit, i just called aaa instead. stupit TLC, if u haev contract number or new car u should be fine, if u have certified pre own, get AAA
Old 07-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by Howard911s
if you bought certified pre owned then u may get screwed. this once my battery died on my last car, which was certified used from acura dealer. i called TLC, they kept asking for my extended warranty contract number, i was like. lady, i bought this certified used one, i do NOT have extended warranty paper, went through 2 people and all they say is they can not send anyone out without the contract number, i even told them i have paperwork say its certified pre owned here i,ll how u when u get here, they still wont budge a bit, i just called aaa instead. stupit TLC, if u haev contract number or new car u should be fine, if u have certified pre own, get AAA
What the f*** did you just say? I think you need to go back to grammar school.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:43 AM
6th Gear

I thought the service was great. The other day I got my TL stuck in some sand and in just 20 min they came and towed me out. Acura said they cover anything up to 100$
Old 07-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

so if i run out of gas, they will call someone to bring me gas?......and if ths is true.....do i have to pay for the gas?

will this work for a flat tire as well?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

The Acura Roadside Assistance program (TLC) is no good. I don't like it at all!

First of all, when I bought the car, I got the impression that it's a life time program as long as you own the Acura. But it turned out that it only covers 4 years. Secondly, when I made the call for assistance, the phone system was extremely annoying. I had to first talk to an automatic voice recognition system, which asked me a whole bunch of annoying questions. It tried to identify me with my old phone number and address. When it couldn't, it got quite confused. Just as I thought it finally got my point (battery problme), the system made an unexpectd turn for unknown reason and started to think I was locked out of my car (I was not). It insisted in asking me whether my key was in the car or the trunk. Neither was true because I had my key in my hand. So you just got stuck from that point on and couldn't go anywhere. So I had to hang up, redial the number, and repeat the entire procedure. By the time the automatic system finally finished its questions and allowed me to talk to a real person, 15 minutes had passed. Guess what happend then? I was simply told that my Acura was more than 4 years old and I'd have to pay for the service... What a waste of time!

I then called AAA and the phone call lasted only one minute and the tow truck showed up in 15 minutes. AAA is 100 times better than this Acura program!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by thisismyacura

First of all, when I bought the car, I got the impression that it's a life time program as long as you own the Acura. But it turned out that it only covers 4 years. Secondly, when I made the call for assistance, the phone system was extremely annoying. I had to first talk to an automatic voice recognition system, which asked me a whole bunch of annoying questions. It tried to identify me with my old phone number and address. When it couldn't, it got quite confused. Just as I thought it finally got my point (battery problme), the system made an unexpectd turn for unknown reason and started to think I was locked out of my car (I was not). It insisted in asking me whether my key was in the car or the trunk. Neither was true because I had my key in my hand. So you just got stuck from that point on and couldn't go anywhere. So I had to hang up, redial the number, and repeat the entire procedure. By the time the automatic system finally finished its questions and allowed me to talk to a real person, 15 minutes had passed. Guess what happend then? I was simply told that my Acura was more than 4 years old and I'd have to pay for the service... What a waste of time!

I then called AAA and the phone call lasted only one minute and the tow truck showed up in 15 minutes. AAA is 100 times better than this Acura program!
Next time you use this and can't get anywhere, just press 0, you'll usually get someone.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Racer

Well not knowing it only covers up to 4 yrs is your fault not theirs...Most systems are automated but as someone has said, simply pressing 0 will get you to the operator. Or just bs all the way til you reach a person and correct it then or w/e.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts

It is for 4 years/50,000 miles (in the owner's manual)
You were lucky with AAA. I had to wait over 3 hours for the tow truck to show up. I think it depends on who is called and how busy they are.