Anyone use Acura OwnerLink?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:38 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use Acura OwnerLink?

While trying to look for an online TSX user guide info, I came across a link to ahm-ownerlink.com. The site is registered to American Honda Motors so it looks legit, but I don't feel like joining unless it is actually useful.

Anyone actually register at this site? Any useful info?

TIA
Old 07-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Ownerlink allows you to pay your bill online (if you're financing or leasing), maintain an online record of service, receive online notifications of recalls, receive special offers from your dealers, etc.

It has a fair amount of useful information, but if you're looking for the owner's manual online, it does not have that.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:15 AM
NBP6MTTSX

Originally Posted by yukit
While trying to look for an online TSX user guide info, I came across a link to ahm-ownerlink.com. The site is registered to American Honda Motors so it looks legit, but I don't feel like joining unless it is actually useful.

Anyone actually register at this site? Any useful info?

TIA
I've been using the owner link site for over the past 2 years with my Accord. When I bought my TSX, I had given my e-mail to the dealer and after I took delivery of my TSX, I got an e-mail from owner link. When I logged on, my TSX was automatically added to my profile.

It was quite helpful with my accord, b/c I had all service records on thes site and I used to get dealer specials as owner link e-mails. Haven't used it much with my TSX yet.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Pro

yah, it looks like a cool system. wish we had something similar here in canuckville
Old 07-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I use it to keep my maintenance records. I used it once to schedule an appointment at the dealer, but when I called to confirm, they had no record of it, so I wouldn't recommend using that feature. You can tell it you don't want to receive emails, so it's not like you're going to get a bunch of mail you don't want.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
the link is from honda's and acura's official website. i use it to pay my bills and maintain service records
Old 07-11-2006, 03:08 AM
Racer

My dealer automatically signed me up for it when I bought the car. Once in a while I get coupons for $29.99 oil changes at Acura. I only used it twice.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Instructor

it's a pretty nice service overall, but...

I tend to overpay my car payment, and have made some pretty big payments in the past. once you do that, everything gets screwed up. The amount owed shown on the statement will never agree with what is set up under EasyPay, etc etc. It basically just becomes a mess and a coin flip as to whether or not they are goign to take my regular car payment out each month.

I made a large payment a few months ago, and it seems they have stopped taking my regular payment out. It's hard to to tell though. You would think Honda/Acura, being one of the top car manufacturers would be on top of this payment system.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by defjukie

I tend to overpay my car payment, and have made some pretty big payments in the past. once you do that, everything gets screwed up. The amount owed shown on the statement will never agree with what is set up under EasyPay, etc etc. It basically just becomes a mess and a coin flip as to whether or not they are goign to take my regular car payment out each month.

I made a large payment a few months ago, and it seems they have stopped taking my regular payment out. It's hard to to tell though. You would think Honda/Acura, being one of the top car manufacturers would be on top of this payment system.
I just pay electronically through my bank and don't ever have a problem. I overpay mine, too, so it goes away faster .
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's actually not a crazy mishap. it's proberly configured to automatically assume that you're advance paying future payments.

for instance, your monthly payment for july 2006 is $200. and one month you pay $300. it is actually paying $100 towards your august 2006 payment.

is that what's happening? a lot of loan sites have options that you have to select when making the payment, or sometimes have to call customer service so they apply it properly. you have to choose between paying extra off the principle balance or applying it to a future payment. student loan payment sites also work the same way.

either way i think it has the same effect on interest savings, so i'm not sure you have to worry about it.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Instructor

it's not that I'm worried about it not getting processed properly, I realize that they are probably applying my extra payment to future months.

My problem is that none of the spots where they show my payment seem to ever agree. On my statment, it'll show that $0.00 is getting taken out of my bank. Then, under the easypay tab on the site, it'll show that the full payment is getting taken out. Then, if you look at the account summary, it'll show that only half of the payment will be taken out.

It's just a little unnerving to not know if/how much they are going to draft from my bank account each month.

Not a huge deal, but a lot less organized and professional than I would expect from one of the largest automakers in the US.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's not that I'm worried about it not getting processed properly, I realize that they are probably applying my extra payment to future months.

My problem is that none of the spots where they show my payment seem to ever agree. On my statment, it'll show that $0.00 is getting taken out of my bank. Then, under the easypay tab on the site, it'll show that the full payment is getting taken out. Then, if you look at the account summary, it'll show that only half of the payment will be taken out.

It's just a little unnerving to not know if/how much they are going to draft from my bank account each month.

Not a huge deal, but a lot less organized and professional than I would expect from one of the largest automakers in the US.
do they actually own their own bank or is it outsourced? i wonder.

that does sound odd. i'd call cust service see if it can get straightened out. some kind of bug in their system.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Cruisin'

i'm having trouble scheduling a service appointment. It wont go to the 2nd step.