Anyone tried any dealer in L.A.??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 02:14 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tried any dealer in L.A.??

I am going to buy a TSX within a month. I live in L.A. and there's are couple Acura dealers around me. (ex. Metro, Thomos, .....)

Anyone have any purchasing experience with any Acura dealer in L.A.?
If so, can you please tell me which one is better to visit? Thank you.

It would be nice if you can tell me your OTD price of your TSX.

I am looking for a CG/Ebony 5AT with Navi.

Thank you all.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Thomas Acura has really good reputation. But I got mine at Acura of Pasadena I paid 27000 OTD 6mt no navi.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Racer

Thomas was alright. but it kind of seemed like they werent as eager to sell me the car as other dealers.
cerritos, i didnt really recieve the respect of a customer should.
downey, they gave me a pretty good deal, but wasnt good enough, and tried to screw me over with apr.
Van nuys, keys i think, was very eager to sell cars, i think i would have gotten the best deal there, but didnt have the color i want.
so i ended up with santa monica acura, they were good to me. gave me a decent deal. treated me with respect.
i would recommand:
thomas
van nuys
santa monica
in that order.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:51 AM
Advanced

i went to Thomas Acura in WEst Cov.. it was REAL good.

i got mine wayy back when it was still pretty rare so i actually had to hunt around to find my arctic blue. we went to sierra, but they werent helpful at all and almost didnt wanna sell the car to me.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:24 AM
1st Gear

I just got mine 2 weeks ago at Mission Viejo for $27,100 (about $29,600 OTD). CG, 5AT with Navi. I emailed all the dealerships from LA to SD to find out who had the car and to get a quote (got to the Acura website for a list of dealerships and email addresses). Other dealerships were offering it for lower (Downey and South Coast offered the lowest prices), but they didn't have the color I wanted. Eventhough I probably wouldn't have gone down to SD, it's good to know how much they would give it to you for. If you print out the quotes from other dealerships and bring it to the dealer you want to work with, you could try to make them match it. Also, even without going to the dealership, I tried to get them to match it via email.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Sometimes I don't know why people have such varying experiences at the same dealers.

I've never been disrepected at a car dealership I've walked into, ever. Maybe people have different expectations of what sort of service they should recieve at a dealership.

My experience at Cerritos Acura has always been good. My family has gotten 4 Acuras from that dealership and we will likely continue to do so as they've been kind, courteous, and pretty generous to us everytime we go in there. My local dealer when I lived in SoCal was Peyton Cramer Acura in Torrance. Again, I've always been treated with respect. Same with Metro Acura where I went to school. Good service department (with some great chocolate chip cookies). Now that I've moved to NoVA, Radley Acura is my service dealer and they've been respectful as well. In fact, I spent a half hour standing outside the dealership just chatting with one of the sales people.

My thoughts are that you should go into a dealer not expecting to be pampered, but rather to be treated like a customer. Don't give the sales people an attitude and your dealer experience will be thousands of times better.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kinipela
I just got mine 2 weeks ago at Mission Viejo for $27,100 (about $29,600 OTD). CG, 5AT with Navi. I emailed all the dealerships from LA to SD to find out who had the car and to get a quote (got to the Acura website for a list of dealerships and email addresses). Other dealerships were offering it for lower (Downey and South Coast offered the lowest prices), but they didn't have the color I wanted. Eventhough I probably wouldn't have gone down to SD, it's good to know how much they would give it to you for. If you print out the quotes from other dealerships and bring it to the dealer you want to work with, you could try to make them match it. Also, even without going to the dealership, I tried to get them to match it via email.

I negotiated the same way, by e-mail. Got a couple of call backs from Santa Monica Acura and Acura of Pasadena (both were very nice and professional on the phone). Ended up buying from Acura of the Desert in Cathedral City (Dale Shirmer, Mgr. of Internet Sales was great to work with). PWP/Parchment, 5AT, non-Navi, w/protection package (trunk tray, wheel locks, spash guards) all for $25,000 ( $27,3?? OTD).

I found Cerritos Acura (my local dealer) not really willing to deal but I've been treated very well by their service dept. (had been taking my old Integra there for the last 14 years).

Good Luck
Old 08-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Ohhh yeah!

NBP/Parch/5AT/Navi
28,600 OTD from Keyes in Van Nuys but they weren't very nice.
I wouldn't buy there again but I did that first time because of the great deal.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Got mine at Acura of Pasadena. They were very helpful and didn't try to force any add-ons. Talk to Thomas there, he's the one that sold me my car.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Contact Tom Weber at Aaero Sweet Brokers (714) 632-3355. If you have never purchased a car through a broker, you will be in for a suprise. All done by phone and when you agree to the deal, they will flatbed the car to your house. I never had to talk to a dealer at all, except for the test drives.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Sometimes I don't know why people have such varying experiences at the same dealers.

I've never been disrepected at a car dealership I've walked into, ever. Maybe people have different expectations of what sort of service they should recieve at a dealership.

My thoughts are that you should go into a dealer not expecting to be pampered, but rather to be treated like a customer. Don't give the sales people an attitude and your dealer experience will be thousands of times better.
Speaking from a supplier's side, I will be waay more inclined to go the extra mile with a customer who makes me feel like he appreciates the help I can provide him, and who will trust me without a hesitation.

I have transferred this principle as a customer, especially with my insurance/financial advisor, banker, as well as service staff at my dealership, and the guys all move out of their way to help me. Hell they even recognise me over the phone without me even naming myself.

It's all in the attitude, IMO.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:22 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by npence
NBP/Parch/5AT/Navi
28,600 OTD from Keyes in Van Nuys but they weren't very nice.
I wouldn't buy there again but I did that first time because of the great deal.
That is a great deal. How much did u bargain it down to, 26,800 before taxes?
Old 08-31-2004, 02:03 AM
Tuxedo Cat

Have been at it for a couple of months. Finally had to buy this week, because both of my other cars sold in about 2 days, very unexpectedly. I thought it would take weeks.

Had a 5AT/Navi on order with Santa Monica Acura a couple of months ago, but had to back out for family reasons. Was happy with the service, but never concluded a deal so can't say what would have happened at the end. The deal price with the internet manager was $27,900.

Acura 101 West (Calabasas) was very helpful, but didn't have anything I wanted. They have a very good rep among friends of mine.

Went to Keyes yesterday afternoon, and had a nice test drive. They indicated a willingness to deal, but also spent lots of time telling me how hard it is to get TSXs, how lucky I am to be able to find one available on he lot, etc. They had a "no negotiation" price on a 6MT/Navi in Milano Red at 28,200, including mud flaps. I suspect they would have tried for more on one of the automatics.

However, my experience with Keyes Audi in the past was NOT good. They really tried to jam me with all sorts of crap at the closing of my previous car purchase and it made the "no negotiation" deal very unpleasant and subject to lots of last minute negotiations. ("It seems that somebody upgraded the wheels on the car you ordered. Oh, not sure who. And we don't have the originals anymore, so we can't swap them off..." etc.). I also know in retrospect that I was almost certainly ripped off on a couple of repairs. Bottom line, big dealership, impersonal and will try to squeeze you, but because they're big they can offer some great deals if you stick your ground.

Have visited Pasadena several times the past few months and in the end bought there. Smaller dealership and I found it generally more pleasant. The internet manager offered me a "month end special" on a 5AT/Navi in PWP. $26,900. Very close to exactly what I wanted. Picked it up earlier today. Saved enough that I decided to let him install some of the accessories (foglites, spoiler) rather than buying the kits and doing it myself. He cut me a bit of slack on the install labor if I bring the car in to have it all done at once next week, same day as the LoJack.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:03 AM
OCD in the OC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went through my credit union. They gave me a killer interest rate and paid close to invoice. If you know what you want, try your local CU.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Advanced

Thank you all for the replies. It really helps me a lot. If anyone else have some more experiences with the dealer, please tell me, thank you
Old 08-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Tuxedo Cat

Incidentally, the insurance savings for having a LoJack on the car will pay for the it in less than two years where I live. I suspect that's generally true anywhere in Socal. It's about the only accessory I can think of that actually pays off financially for the owner, at least in this area.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by VeniceBeachTSX
Incidentally, the insurance savings for having a LoJack on the car will pay for the it in less than two years where I live. I suspect that's generally true anywhere in Socal. It's about the only accessory I can think of that actually pays off financially for the owner, at least in this area.
That's a good point. I insisted on having the Lo/Jack as part of my original negotiation with my dealership and got it. Plus, they gave me a great deal on the car and treated me well. Can't really complain.

Old 08-31-2004, 04:52 PM
Got Milk???

Bought my SSM 5AT no navi at Acura of Pasadena in Feb 2004, dont think I'll ever go back there again, wasnt the lowest price, paid 28,000 out the lot. I've heard from couple friends that Thomas Acura is willing to hit pretty low prices
Old 09-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kaikai114
Bought my SSM 5AT no navi at Acura of Pasadena in Feb 2004, dont think I'll ever go back there again, wasnt the lowest price, paid 28,000 out the lot. I've heard from couple friends that Thomas Acura is willing to hit pretty low prices
You shouldn't be blaming others but yourself if you put your signature on a 28,000$ price tag. Dealers won't automatically give away their cars, you will have to do some negotiating to get a nice price offered.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Tuxedo Cat

Originally Posted by sauceman
You shouldn't be blaming others but yourself if you put your signature on a 28,000$ price tag. Dealers won't automatically give away their cars, you will have to do some negotiating to get a nice price offered.
I must disagree. Acura of Pasadena offered me $26,800 right off the bat. Buying in the last two days of the month from in-stock inventory always helps. And they were pretty good at discounting a few accessories as well.

But I do think it will vary from one salesperson to the next, and even from one day to the next.