Anyone thinking of selling the TSX for a new V6 Accord?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone thinking of selling the TSX for a new V6 Accord?

Anyone thinking about selling their TSX and getting a new Accord....especially the 268hp 248tq V6. To me it is kinda tempting.

Hope the new TSX is the Accord +more
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I'll probably look at it in a couple years when I'm ready to trade in, but not yet.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:38 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the more i look at pics of the accord coupe, the more it's growing on me.

not a bad looking car at all.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

not a chance, it looks like a Saturn.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Intermediate

The new Camery looks way better IMO.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
nah.....the next time I'll be looking to get a new car, it'll be 2012 at least, unless I can get that Porsche that I've been wanting.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Intermediate

/\ get all that plastic crap body matched and get rid of the emblem in the grill and that thing's pretty hot looking.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

i saw the commercials for the new accord and thought it was a lexus..didn't realize it was a honda until the end when they mentioned it was an accord.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TodaSi
Anyone thinking about selling their TSX and getting a new Accord....especially the 268hp 248tq V6. To me it is kinda tempting.

Hope the new TSX is the Accord +more

My lease matures next June, and from the looks and specs I'd seriously consider a V6 coupe - a fully loaded coupe is just as optioned-out as a TSX, plus the extra hp and torque. Of course it all depends on the 2009 TSX, but I'm open to exploring other areas like a Civic SI, Accord V6 coupe, or Audi A3...
Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
not even considering it-my tsx is excellant- i might get the tsx if i like the new design-will have to wait and see. my mom might be getting the 08 accord as she loved the looks.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Nah... I can get a new TL-S for less than a new, optioned-out Accord coupe. Has anyone "built" their vehicle on Honda's site? Yikes... $35k for a Accord Coupe 6MT w/ Nav???

Besides, I'd like to see what the new TSX and TL bring to the table. If the new Accord has all those goodies and performance, imagine what the new Acuras should have!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

I agree that even the new Camry looks nicer than the new Accord. I'm actualy quite sad about it. I hate to perceive that Honda is falling further behind Toyota. On the bright side, a review of the new Camry says that it's not much fun to drive.

The Accord coupe looks nicer than the sedan:

Old 09-24-2007, 11:51 AM
talk about mudflaps....

The Toyota Aurion (the one pictured above) does look better than the Accord, but I think the Accord looks better than the Camry. Too bad we don't get the Aurion here in North America.

The Accord is a huge car now. I don't think I'll be giving up my TSX for the new Accord V6. I have to admit that the 7th Gen Accord disguised it's size well enough from the driver's seat, but with a 110 inch wheelbase, the new Accord sedan is getting into nautical dimensions.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Nah... I can get a new TL-S for less than a new, optioned-out Accord coupe. Has anyone "built" their vehicle on Honda's site? Yikes... $35k for a Accord Coupe 6MT w/ Nav???

Besides, I'd like to see what the new TSX and TL bring to the table. If the new Accord has all those goodies and performance, imagine what the new Acuras should have!
I agree....that price is just insane for an Accord. I swear, car prices have gone out of control and there is no way I'd pay 35k for an Accord. For me, it would all depend on how well a mid-20k Accord is optioned out. I can't and won't spend a ton of money on a car if is is beyond my means. A CPO is a good way to go for me, which is what I did with my TSX. I'm interested to see what the next one looks like, because that is most likely the route I'll go, provided the price isn't ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dereksmalls
The Toyota Aurion (the one pictured above) does look better than the Accord, but I think the Accord looks better than the Camry. Too bad we don't get the Aurion here in North America.

The Accord is a huge car now. I don't think I'll be giving up my TSX for the new Accord V6. I have to admit that the 7th Gen Accord disguised it's size well enough from the driver's seat, but with a 110 inch wheelbase, the new Accord sedan is getting into nautical dimensions.
Also agreed....it is getting too big for my tastes, which is why I went with a TSX in the first place. Don't know if I could get past the enormous size, but I'll probably look at it when the time comes, just to make sure.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

Accord v6 coupes as well as the Camry Solara have always seemed like grotesque vehicle to me. They are supposed to be sporty yet they are huge. You have to lean the seats forward to fit people in the back, yet it's a huge car, why not put some cute little suicide doors on it as some other coupes have? They seem like cars for people with poor taste or confused automotive values.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

No, but I think the new Accord looks nice and better than the Camry which looks like a bubbly version of the Lexus ES. I like the sharper contours that Honda used this time on the '08 Accord compared with the chubby and bubbly one they had in the last generation.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by acl06
No, but I think the new Accord looks nice and better than the Camry which looks like a bubbly version of the Lexus ES. I like the sharper contours that Honda used this time on the '08 Accord compared with the chubby and bubbly one they had in the last generation.
I have to agree, it looks much, much better than the last gen Accord. I wonder if the v6 has a bunch of torque steer?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Racer

As for size, the TSX with an interior volume of 90.9 CFT is just a little bigger than the new Honda V-6 Coupe with 89.7 CFT...so a TSX for a coupe would be a nice fit for us coupe people......the honda 4dr has grown about 3 CFT ? so not too, too big???? I will wait tell the coupe cools and by then we will know something on the TSX, hopefully. My guess is the TSX will grow a little..??
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Banned

That's what I like about the Camry, it looks expensive even though it's not. Similar to the TSX in that way, should be expensive but it's not. The Camry looks silky and subtle. The Accord on the other hand echoes of the Ford Fusion. It looks geometric and experimental.

I don't know what the car is trying to tell me. It neither looks sporty nor classy. The overall shape is indistinctive. The only thing I like about it is that it sent the previous Accord away.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,538 Likes on 1,197 Posts
I'm going to keep my 06 TSX. The TSX does 95% of what I need on a daily basis. The other 5%, I can rent a van or truck. I want to keep my TSX and give it to my son as his first car 7 years from now.

I'm waiting for the TSX Type-S convertible w/ sh-awd I've been hearing about (unofficially) in 2011 or 2012
Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

There's no 6MT offered on the Accord sedan right now, so you guys/gals that's driving manual would be turned off by it.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wackura
I agree that even the new Camry looks nicer than the new Accord. I'm actualy quite sad about it. I hate to perceive that Honda is falling further behind Toyota. On the bright side, a review of the new Camry says that it's not much fun to drive.
"fun to drive" and "Camry" never really coexist >_>;
Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wackura
That's what I like about the Camry, it looks expensive even though it's not. Similar to the TSX in that way, should be expensive but it's not. The Camry looks silky and subtle. The Accord on the other hand echoes of the Ford Fusion. It looks geometric and experimental.

I don't know what the car is trying to tell me. It neither looks sporty nor classy. The overall shape is indistinctive. The only thing I like about it is that it sent the previous Accord away.
the sedan looks like a saturn. i talked to five guys that were looking at the car here in my local dealership and they all said the same thing "the rear looks like a saturn"

i drove a 190hp fully loaded ex-l nav it seemed as good as the tsx performance wise . didnt liked the interior, the center console is too busy with tons of buttons that just looks to complicated.

for a blah car i rather get the camry with the body kit fully loaded.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Advanced

the sedan looks like a saturn. i talked to five guys that were looking at the car here in my local dealership and they all said the same thing "the rear looks like a saturn"

i drove a 190hp fully loaded ex-l nav it seemed as good as the tsx performance wise . didnt liked the interior, the center console is too busy with tons of buttons that just looks to complicated.

for a blah car i rather get the camry with the body kit fully loaded.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Texas
As for size, the TSX with an interior volume of 90.9 CFT is just a little bigger than the new Honda V-6 Coupe with 89.7 CFT...so a TSX for a coupe would be a nice fit for us coupe people......the honda 4dr has grown about 3 CFT ? so not too, too big???? I will wait tell the coupe cools and by then we will know something on the TSX, hopefully. My guess is the TSX will grow a little..??
For me, it's not so much interior volume size, but rather the length and width of the car. The new Accord is longer than the RL!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Audi Driving Snob

Just like the current gen accord I don't much care for the styling of the sedan. The coupe is much better than the sedan but I've never understood the desire to have a large two door car. in my opintion If you want something large get a 4 door so you can actually uses the space. If you want a two door get a small car.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

That Camry looks pretty sweet if you ask me up there!!! That is the Assie version?!? I wouldn't trade it for a Accord for the same reason Mike said above, i got a price of $32k for a TL-S so i would be all over that! If not, i'm waiting to see what the next generation TSX and TL look like
Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Why why why why just why are cars like Accord, Camry and Altima getting chubbier and chubbier every generation?

I hate it. They've taken fun, nimbleness and confidence out of all these cars.

For God's sake, who can confidently throw these big-ass, full of blind-spots coupes and sedans into sharp corners? I don't care what kind of kick-ass technology they've develped for handling. These cars do NOT inspire confidence, hence USELESS for sporting purposes.

Take an RSX out on the twisties and tell me if you'd rather be in the pregnant ACCORD coupe.

Screw these safety regulations and cabin-room races. I want to be able to see what's around my car without having to grow my neck by a foot. I want to be able to take a turn without having to take a chance on whatever electrical suspension they've put into these huge-ass 4000lbs cars.

There was a time you could have all that in a 4-door Accord(early 90s). Now you have to have backup cameras to see if there's a little kid behind your so called "mid-size sedan".

I'm just very angry...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
talk about mudflaps....

I agree. Like a lot of people here, I was checking out the Accord EX-L and TSX at the same time. I actually managed to test drive them back to back on the same road within an hour as a comparison. Of course there were pros and cons to each car, but size was an issue with the Accord....too big. It was very driveable and felt smaller than it really was, but there was no way my wife was going to drive and park the Accord.

Now the Accord is even bigger. I would have considered a car the size of the 7th Gen Accord in a few years, but not one the size of the new 8th Gen. There really is no need for a car to get bigger with each redesign. Even the Civic has also ballooned (along with every other car including the BMW 3 series).

It's no wonder you need to have at least 200hp for decent performance, look at how much car the engine has to pull!

I'll definitely be keeping my TSX for a long time.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

I just hope the next TSX isn't bigger, and the TL isn't bigger, etc.

I don't want to drive a damn yacht! Just because a car is being redesigned, it doesn't mean it inherently has to get bigger, don't car companies understand this?!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Racer

I saw an '08 Accord sedan on the highway yesterday and it did look very classy and Acura-like... not sure what they're going to do to set the TL/TSX ahead of it next year. Most magazine reviews say that Honda has really blurred the line between Honda and Acura with the latest Accord and that Acura sales will suffer. It has as much HP as a TL, it's bigger than an RL, and has excellent interior quality and options.

Agreed on size - it is nice to have a back seat where you don't have to worry about moving your seat up for passengers, but how often are people in your back seat? I love the compact size of the TSX... far more practical than a coupe yet compact enough to retain the sporty style and handling.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Instructor

I just got back from a Honda dealer and damn, the '08 Accords are huge.

The interior is incredible, but the exterior, holy crap. The car in general looks really good, but the headlamps take ugly to an all new meaning. Whoever created the protruding headlamps should be fired.

To be honest, I'd keep the current TSX and wait for the 2010 model. If you have the option, anyway.

I actually went to the dealer to look at the '07 and '08 Accords. I'm trying to decide between those and an '07 TSX. I'd prefer to have a V6 (I have an '02 EXV6, and I love the engine at full throttle...it doesn't whine like an i4... and I love the torque) but I hated the '07s plasticy looking leather interior and I couldn't stand looking at the headlamps of the '08.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Pro

The new Accord sedan is a full size. If I didn't like the size of the TL (namely, width), I sure as heck won't want a new Accord:

Accord ~194" long, ~73" wide, ~58" high

TSX ~184" long, ~69" wide, ~57" high

TL ~189" long, ~72" wide, ~57" high

RL ~194" long, ~73" wide, ~57" high

Of course, the new Accord still has a smaller turning radius than the TSX (37' vs 40') ! LOL
Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mrgold35

I'm waiting for the TSX Type-S convertible w/ sh-awd I've been hearing about (unofficially) in 2011 or 2012
Wow. Sounds interesting.

And answer to OP question: No. Too large for me. And I don't like its looks.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Advanced

I saw the new accord coupe in a mag today, it looks really good in the front but the back looks too much like a g6 or new altima to me. I think they start at $21k or somethin, I'l def check one out when I get the chance.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:31 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree with all you guys - the new accord is just ginormously bloated, it's disgusting. i would find no excitement in driving this car. americans have gotten too fucking fat, we (not me) need to put our burgers down.

i would not buy it over a TSX, even the coupe. the exterior is ok on the coupe, it sucks on the sedan. the interior is nice, well put together. i think the TSX is just perfect size right now.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I think t'was a new 08 Accord that was parked next to me this morning. I got out and did a double-take. (Okay, not that bad, I know I have a Euro Accord.) I mean, the rear headrests, the rear shelf, the roof antenna, the rear armrest, ... several things were the same on the right and on the left. Color even.

Oh. Except. My ASM paint shined brighter. My front dash and audio section was simpler, better laid out IMVFHO. Door handles were classier. And ... the TSX just looked slimmer. Y'know, like Myrna Loy standing next to Rita Hayworth. They're both beautiful, sexy, desireable, on their own terms.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

I test drove the '07 Accord EX-L and Accord Hybrid as well before getting the TSX, and at least to me, the '07 Accord wasn't too big. The '08's are full size cars now, and if I were looking for another car, I would seriously consider the sedan.

The coupe doesn't fly with me though it looks good too I must say. I'd rather take the Civic coupe than the Accord one any day, but I wonder why Honda won't make a Civic coupe with leather.

Someone said earlier that the new Accord has "blurred" the line between the Honda and Acura brands, and I agree, only because the next gen TL, RL, and TSX have yet to come out until next year...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TinkySD
Just like the current gen accord I don't much care for the styling of the sedan. The coupe is much better than the sedan but I've never understood the desire to have a large two door car. in my opintion If you want something large get a 4 door so you can actually uses the space. If you want a two door get a small car.
From what I have seen, people that like and buy coupes buy them because they LOOK better than sedans....like TinkySD states about the Honda coupe, but some people want more room and like larger cars (coupes) that look better than larger sedans...Think BMW 6 or 3, Audi 5....and maybe a TSX C...

sedans trying to look like coupes have held forth for a good while and most of the people on this board have never been exposed to a mid/full size coupe...they are fun esp if hardtop.....lets all enjoy what we like and let others enjoy what they like...the market will work it out...

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking of selling the TSX for a new V6 Accord?