Anyone here with navigation have Madico Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone here with navigation have Madico Tint?

Hey guys,
Did a search for Madico but didn't come up with much.
Does anyone here have Madico window tinting?

I've heard lots about the llumar tint. But there's a shop nearby me that seems to know what he's talking about. He even knew specifically that Acuras and Mercedes have a scratching problem. He said this when i just mentioned scratching. I didn't even say Acura to him. So he seems to know his stuff. Plus he's been doing it for 12 years. He wants $199.
Anyways...

How many of you here have the madico tint? The only think here i've heard about the madico form doing the search is that someone here said they've had it in their car for a few years and no fading.

What about the Navigation reception? Anything affected? What about radio reception? Anything affected there?

thanks
Old 04-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Drifting

I forgot to add that this guy suggested cutting out the plastic piece that touches the window on the inside. He said he wont do a tint job without doing that. (he doesn't charge extra).
So like i was saying before, he seems to know his stuff.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got an 05 w/ Nav and I've got Madico Charcool on mine.

Bigger Image

It's a non-metallic film so there shouldn't be any reception issues. I haven't had any. As for fading and stuff, dunno I'll let you know in a few years. Guy who put mine on said he had the same stuff on his truck for four years and he hasn't seen it fade yet.

But it comes with a lifetime warranty against fading, peeling, cracking, bubbling, etc. So as long as you can take it back to the same shop, they should replace it under warranty if you have any problems.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
TSX User

Stupid question: What does faded tint look like?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by sergeremi
I've got an 05 w/ Nav and I've got Madico Charcool on mine.

Bigger Image

It's a non-metallic film so there shouldn't be any reception issues. I haven't had any. As for fading and stuff, dunno I'll let you know in a few years. Guy who put mine on said he had the same stuff on his truck for four years and he hasn't seen it fade yet.

But it comes with a lifetime warranty against fading, peeling, cracking, bubbling, etc. So as long as you can take it back to the same shop, they should replace it under warranty if you have any problems.
Does it feel cooler (temperature) wise inside?
Is that a 35? or a 20?
Do you mind me asking how much you paid? also, did the tinter put felt along the plastic thingy? or did he cut it out of there? Since this is a "non-metallic" tint, is it ceramic? Or the cheap plastic stuff?
Old 04-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Instructor

20, $140 for a solid install (micro-edged, one piece back, no bubbles anywhere, looks factory).

It is definitely cooler on the inside and not insanely bright. But I've been used to driving around in cars with tint so the light level may not be an issue... plus you could always get sunglasses.

But the temp is definitely cooler and the the car cools faster too.

I don't think the installer put the felt down on mine because I didn't read about the issue here until after I got the tint done. I haven't noticed any scratches. So either I'm not getting any or they're too faint for me to notice.

It's not ceramic, so I guess the cheap plastic stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's quality film. You can check the Madico site to get more info on the charcool series. Personally, I think it's the best out there if you're avoiding metallic tint. I've heard ceramic has its issues as well and really a bit on the expensive side for no real demonstrable gains.

I'm happy with my results. Time will tell about the fading, but I'm pretty sure I won't have the car long enough to witness any fading (read 3-5 years).