Any way to set up this feature?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Any way to set up this feature?

Our Volvo's alarm system will arm with doors open. This is really nice, as I can get out, open the back hatch, lock/arm the car, then load up my arms with whatever I'm hauling (everything from kids to sacks of concrete), and I don't have to reach the remote. I can just shut the car with an elbow or hip and move on.

The TSX will not arm with a door open. I suppose I could open the stuff doors I need before I exit, then lock all the doors with the switch on the door. The alarm will self-arm after a minute of being closed-up. But I'd rather be able to do it with the remote after exiting.

Anyone know of a way to configure the system to do this?
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not sure if this is such a good idea if it works the way you want. I can just picture what would happen. You get out of the car with the door open, arm the system, open the trunk to get some stuffs or get in the back seat to pick up the kid. Then you might need a free hand to hold stuffs, so you accidentally put down the car key on the seat or in the trunk. Then you close the door or trunk and the system armed. Now you are locked out with your hands full holding the kid or stuffs. It can be worst. It's now raining outside.

Not saying the scenario will happen to you but it could happen to other people...
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
I'm not sure if this is such a good idea if it works the way you want. I can just picture what would happen. You get out of the car with the door open, arm the system, open the trunk to get some stuffs or get in the back seat to pick up the kid. Then you might need a free hand to hold stuffs, so you accidentally put down the car key on the seat or in the trunk. Then you close the door or trunk and the system armed. Now you are locked out with your hands full holding the kid or stuffs. It can be worst. It's now raining outside.

Not saying the scenario will happen to you but it could happen to other people...
Yeah, Hondas have traditionally sided on the safe side in this respect, with driver doors unlocking when closing. I certainly stay on my toes with the Volvo when utilizing this feature, but I use it just about every time I get out of the car. It's really convenient.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm feelin ya waterrockets. my nissan pathfinder does the same thing as your volvo and it's quite convenient. you do have to be careful though...somehow my better half(?) managed to lock our 18 mo. old baby in the car with the keys in plain sight on the seat.