any recommended dealers in WA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 12:56 AM
A Commuter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any recommended dealers in WA?

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone of u have had good experiences with WA acura dealerships...or if u can recommend me a salesmen. Im planing to purchase a TSX next week, but the one salesmen i talked to said there is no way they are willing to go under MSRP..which i think is complete BS...thanks for the help guys!
Old 09-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greetings. I just purchased a TSX (pick it up on Tuesday) from Acura of Bellevue - where I had also purchased my '96 Integra back in '98. While all car sales people are still car sales people anywhere you go, I found that by sticking with sales people on the younger side I felt they were less cheesy and applied less pressure. I'd highly recommend Peter Kim @ Acura of Bellevue that I purchased my car from - even my wife thought he was a good car sales person (knows when to speak and when not, never pushy, etc.). However, the Internet Sales Mgr's name is Shawn Finger if you want to try that route. Alternatively, I had a good experience with the Internet Sales Mgr at Acura of Seattle by the name of Doug Watanabe, though I ultimately didn't want to buy the car in Tukwilla. I've never had a bad experience with Acura of Bellevue, even with just an old Integra I still was treated well. My limited email interaction with Acura of Lynwood was less than stellar....

I was willing to sacrifice a couple hundred in order to not have to negotiate hardcore, but even still I definitely bought mine under MSRP.

Don't forget to do your homework:

www.edmunds.com
www.kbb.com
www.carbuyingtips.com (take this with a grain of salt, but still some good info and a good Excel worksheet)
www.car-prices-costs.com
auto.consumerguide.com

Good luck!

-Dave
Old 09-19-2004, 01:13 PM
A Commuter

thank you dave. Im planing to go back to Hinsaw (tacoma) to talk more numbers. One question.. how much did u pay for u're TSX? thanks
Old 09-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Acura of Lynnwood - that's where I got mine. Bellevue wouldn't even go under MSRP for me, so I walked out the door.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:20 PM
A Commuter

i was offered $28,000 for TSX auto w/navi. now thats from a internet salesperson. Do u think i can do better? im hoping to pay around $27,000. <----is that too much to ask?
Old 09-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine was CG/ebony non-navi 5AT and I got it for <$26500 including destination, document fees etc. + mud guards and wheel locks, excluding tax+license.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Evil Empire Peon

I think you can.

Just be prepared to walk out, once you do, they'll bargain. The more resistance you put up, the less likely they'll try to mess with you.

Mind you, you have to be ready to just walk out. Don't bother even looking back.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:52 PM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nahooneyya
i was offered $28,000 for TSX auto w/navi. now thats from a internet salesperson. Do u think i can do better? im hoping to pay around $27,000. <----is that too much to ask?
It depends on if the dealership is having a slow week/month and if the car you are interested is in stock and has been on their lot for several days. Invoice is $25,967 and if you get a bidding war with all four Puget Sound dealerships, you may be able to get a good deal.

When I bought my Arctic Blue Navi/6MT in March, I paid $27,500 along with the protection kit (locks, trunk tray and wheel locks) and the swap of my custom wheels from Acura of Seattle. I personally would never buy from Hinshaws. 3 years ago when I was in the market for a RSX-S, they tried to do a bait and switch on me saying they had my color in stock when they never did. They had me drive down from Bellevue, negotiate from our original agreed to price over the phone and then say that they didn't have the color I actually wanted.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:38 PM
ABP 6MT

I got mine (ABP, MT, no-nav) from Acura of Bellevue in June. I wound up paying $26,400 incl. dest. charge. I had to pay extra for the mud flaps & trunk liner. My salesman was Phil Grasser - I recommend him he's real straight forward and knows his cars. I also got a counter offer from Minh Dang at Acura of Lynnwood for the same price but the mud flaps & trunk liner for free.

I decided to stick with Acura of Bellevue because the location was more convenient and I liked the salesman. All in all a good sales experience, I might have been able to get a few more hundred off by another round between the two dealers, but I didn't want to push my luck with a rare model (MT w/o nav). The Edmunds TMV for Seattle is $26,200.