Any Dealers with Good/Excellent Service Dept??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All. I haven't yet bought my TSX, but plan to in April, or thereabouts. I've been reading this forum for months now and have found tons of useful information. I've also been scared by horror stories of deplorable service at some dealerships. There is not an Acura dealership in the entire state of Maine, so I will be buying out-of-state. I have family in Mass, CT and NY. Since price isn't really going to be a factor when I buy, as there probably won't be a huge variation in price of an '06, I will choose my dealership based on service after the sale. When I do have to drive 7-8 hours for service, I will be expecting a loaner car. If it will be necessary to keep my car for days or weeks at a time, I will need a car to drive home, some 8 hours away. Has anybody had any excellent service that they'd like to brag about that will help me make my decision? I will be looking anywhere from New Hampshire, Mass, CT, NY, and possibly VT?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do not go to these for service in nyc, imo, they seem to hire careless techs,

Acura of Manhattan (scratched my integra while in service, sloppy oil changes)
Paragon Acura (bad rep from friends)
Old 11-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks, mg, yeah guys, this would be helpful also to know where to stay away from. I'm basically starting from scratch here. And being a woman walking into the dealership they're going to be tempted to treat me like I don't know anything.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:49 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 109 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by t_in_maine
Courtesy Acura in Central FL is great.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 AM
10th Gear

I brought my TSX from First Acura in Seekonk, MA. Not the closest dealership to where I live, but they have very professional people on the sales floor and in the service department. A world class dealership in my eyes
Old 11-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I know it's not close to your place, but for the record, if it may be of use to anyone in Quebec, Acura Casavant in St-Hyacinthe has a great service department.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sauceman
I know it's not close to your place, but for the record, if it may be of use to anyone in Quebec, Acura Casavant in St-Hyacinthe has a great service department.
Actually, Sauceman, Quebec is as close to me as Boston... both are about a 6-hour drive. So I'll definitely take that into consideration.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Keeping my fingers crossed, but so far, so good. Three service visits (basically all for required maintenance) at Hall Acura, Virginia Beach have been very pleasant and professional. I'm going in for some minor glitch fixes (cap on the window "lock" button broke off, passenger window is balking at going up, dash fade) in a couple weeks so we'll see how things go.

Last time I went in to schedule an appointment I was dealing with a different service then previously and asked for a loaner.....was told "I'm not sure we can do that...it depends on the lenght of time the job will take", but when I arrived for the service, they had a nice Anthracite 05 TL with nav......(kinda made me wish I'd "bit the bullet" and sprung the extra $$ on mine....oh well) all ready for me.

My only "whiny" complaint...at the Toyota dealership where we take my wife's Sienna they have free wifi access for customers.....I'd love to see Hall add that in the waiting room!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I will be looking anywhere from New Hampshire, Mass, CT, NY, and possibly VT?
Hmmm I wonder if Florida and Virginia are anywhere close to these locations?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Burning Brakes

hahaha, I'm receptive to all replies. If I ever move to Fl or Va. I'll know where to go/not to go.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Come on down!! Weather is great!! (Hurricanes are gone for this year) Great service in Orange Park Florida Acura.......
Old 11-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Advanced

Acura of Auburn has always treated me great. They are just west of Worcester, just off the Mass Pike.
Make a day trip out of it..

Other than that, Acura of Avon in CT (another hour or so south for you from Auburn) is awesome as well (Acura of Avon is where I picked up my TSX, just because it is a little closer to where I live).
Old 11-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sabby
Acura of Auburn has always treated me great. They are just west of Worcester, just off the Mass Pike.
Make a day trip out of it..

Other than that, Acura of Avon in CT (another hour or so south for you from Auburn) is awesome as well (Acura of Avon is where I picked up my TSX, just because it is a little closer to where I live).
Great, thanks. Auburn is where I took my first test drive. I wasn't impressed by the salesman, but that's to be expected. hehehe And Avon isn't a stretch for me, either. I have a brother in Worcester and a brother in Meriden, CT, so anywhere between the two is fine.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually, Sauceman, Quebec is as close to me as Boston... both are about a 6-hour drive. So I'll definitely take that into consideration.
Are you in Aroostook County or close to? If so, and if you were not afraid of buying across the border, you should even look at dealerships in Fredericton, NB if there is an Acura Dealership there.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sauceman
Are you in Aroostook County or close to? If so, and if you were not afraid of buying across the border, you should even look at dealerships in Fredericton, NB if there is an Acura Dealership there.

I am, actually, in Aroostook County. I wasn't sure of how much hassle was involved in buying a car across the border... but I would seriously look at going there for service work if the warranty covers international repairs.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Nor'easter TSX

I live in Westbrook Maine and I bought my TSX at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH no problems at all. They do make you pay your sales tax when you register in Maine though. Thought I could get away with not paying it by buying in NH. Oh well. But easy enough process and the staff were all really nice.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in NJ (hoboken) which is close to manhattan. so far i've heard that Ramsey Acura is snotty (from a friend). I don't know about springfield acura's service department, but they are the dealership that screwed me with my purchase.

i've been to open road acura for installation of my cargo net, and they were all pleasant, though this isn't really service. the did ask if i wanted a wash, and we said, sure. the car came out, and i don't know what they consider a wash, but it wasn't clean. maybe i'm anal? but there was definitely dirt on it when i put my finger on the bumper. nothing to cry about though, maybe they thought i said no. it really wasnt that dirty (only 4 days old at that point).

i purchased my trunk tray and all season mats at curry acura in scarsdale ny, the people i encountered were pleasant, and the guy even carried the stuff out to my car and put it all in for me (coulda did it myself, but it was a nice gesture). they were also very full on a thursday afternoon. not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but other people must trust them if they're so full right?

that's the extent of my acura dealership experiences so far.

i'd love to hear more about NJ acura dealers for service.

this is a great thread!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Too bad NJ is too far. I've had excellent treatment & service from Precision Acura of Princeton. Great dealership.

I was ignored & treated poorly at Bridgewater Acura (I'm also female, I know how you feel about going to dealerships - I've heard many stories from people, especially women, being treated poorly at Bridgewater). Acura of Ocean, where I purchased my TSX, was ok until I picked up my car and it had a couple of things missing and needed service. I would not recommend either.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Too bad NJ is too far. I've had excellent treatment & service from Precision Acura of Princeton. Great dealership.

I was ignored & treated poorly at Bridgewater Acura (I'm also female, I know how you feel about going to dealerships - I've heard many stories from people, especially women, being treated poorly at Bridgewater). Acura of Ocean, where I purchased my TSX, was ok until I picked up my car and it had a couple of things missing and needed service. I would not recommend either.

Acura of bridgewater was pleasant to deal when i was shopping, but that's sales.

princeton acura treated me like crap, i think because i wasn't dressed like i could afford a $30,000 car the day i stopped in (Was on a business trip to philly, stopped on the way in windpants and a tshirt). point is, i wouldn't want to give them 1 penny of profit after they brushed me off. the guy wouldnt even talk seriously with me about prices on a 2005, or talking about a 2006 (this was in september, so i was trying to find out what would be new on the 2006 and if i should wait). my on princeton...
Old 12-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bradykp
Acura of bridgewater was pleasant to deal when i was shopping, but that's sales.

princeton acura treated me like crap, i think because i wasn't dressed like i could afford a $30,000 car the day i stopped in (Was on a business trip to philly, stopped on the way in windpants and a tshirt). point is, i wouldn't want to give them 1 penny of profit after they brushed me off. the guy wouldnt even talk seriously with me about prices on a 2005, or talking about a 2006 (this was in september, so i was trying to find out what would be new on the 2006 and if i should wait). my on princeton...
Funny, we had completely opposite experiences. If I remember correctly, you are a guy, and would hence receive better treatment at Bridgewater, at least according to the many other stories I've heard about them plus my own experience. I actually expected it to be the opposite since "Princetonians" can be rather snotty, but now I drive an hour south just to get service there because they've been so good to me. I live 10 minutes from Bridgewater, what a shame.

Oh, and it was sales that treated me like crap. I waited over 30 minutes before anyone even asked what I was interested in, then I think they lied and told me they didn't have any demo TSX's for me to test out (I saw TSX's on the lot), and they never called to tell me when they got one in for me to drive like they said they were going to.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bradykp
Bridgewater doesn't seem to have a great reputation, which is worrying me... but Acura of Ocean said to me that if I bought from them, I'd get free oil changes for the life of the car, and if I didn't, no loaner cars for me. I was like ... They were so damn pushy.

Precision Acura salesperson was nice, but useless. Kept saying that I should cancel my order at my current dealership, and they would steal the car from them via a trade, and then give me a whopping $100 off the price that my current dealership was giving me.... what could possibly go wrong with this plan?

I've had such bad experiences with all the NJ Acura dealerships on the phone and in person that I just hope their service is better... then again, I'll be servicing in Georgia for the next 1.5 years, so does anyone have anything to say about there?

-rpc
Old 12-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by rpcmx
Bridgewater doesn't seem to have a great reputation, which is worrying me... but Acura of Ocean said to me that if I bought from them, I'd get free oil changes for the life of the car, and if I didn't, no loaner cars for me. I was like ... They were so damn pushy.

Precision Acura salesperson was nice, but useless. Kept saying that I should cancel my order at my current dealership, and they would steal the car from them via a trade, and then give me a whopping $100 off the price that my current dealership was giving me.... what could possibly go wrong with this plan?

I've had such bad experiences with all the NJ Acura dealerships on the phone and in person that I just hope their service is better... then again, I'll be servicing in Georgia for the next 1.5 years, so does anyone have anything to say about there?

-rpc
Yeah, I didn't get the greatest feeling at Ocean. The financial guy was kind of an asshole. When I went to pick up my car, it was missing a fog light cover and had condensation in a headlight. I brought it back to fix the headlight a few weeks later when I went to pick up my permanent plates, and they fixed the headlight but forgot to reconnect the turn signal, and also didn't have the plates on when I got there. Ended up walking into Princeton Acura on a Saturday morning with no appointment to see if they could fix the turn signal. They did, right away with no complaints and no charge for the turn signal fix, I got a free car wash and I've been going there for service ever since.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sloatxl
I live in Westbrook Maine and I bought my TSX at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH no problems at all. They do make you pay your sales tax when you register in Maine though. Thought I could get away with not paying it by buying in NH. Oh well. But easy enough process and the staff were all really nice.
Were they willing to haggle on price at all? Any good throw-ins? And have you had to go there for any service work since?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Cruisin'

If you are ever in the Tampa Bay area, stay away from Crown Acura in Clearwater. I bought my car at Gettel Acura in Sarasota and could not be happier with the experience down there.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Funny, we had completely opposite experiences. If I remember correctly, you are a guy, and would hence receive better treatment at Bridgewater, at least according to the many other stories I've heard about them plus my own experience. I actually expected it to be the opposite since "Princetonians" can be rather snotty, but now I drive an hour south just to get service there because they've been so good to me. I live 10 minutes from Bridgewater, what a shame.

Oh, and it was sales that treated me like crap. I waited over 30 minutes before anyone even asked what I was interested in, then I think they lied and told me they didn't have any demo TSX's for me to test out (I saw TSX's on the lot), and they never called to tell me when they got one in for me to drive like they said they were going to.
for the record, i'm not praising bridgewater, because i only spoke to them through email and phone, and they told me they had a RBP/ebony coming in on dec 29th. given that rpcmx doesn't have his car yet, i'm assuiming bridgewater isn't that great.

princeton treated me like trash. if you're so close to bridgewater, why not try open road acura in wayne or new brunswick for service? i purchased my car at open road of wayne.

i guess you're happy with princeton's service, but i'm on a crusade against them after the way they treated me. here i am, could have been a loyal customer, and just because i'm wearing gym-like clothes at the time since i'm on a long ride, they treat me like garbage? that's too bad.

maybe princeton's service department is so nice to people because most people there are snobs, and the service department is more working-class, so they appreciate people more. just a theory.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12 AM
6th Gear

Hi All. I haven't yet bought my TSX, but plan to in April, or thereabouts. I've been reading this forum for months now and have found tons of useful information. I've also been scared by horror stories of deplorable service at some dealerships. There is not an Acura dealership in the entire state of Maine, so I will be buying out-of-state. I have family in Mass, CT and NY. Since price isn't really going to be a factor when I buy, as there probably won't be a huge variation in price of an '06, I will choose my dealership based on service after the sale. When I do have to drive 7-8 hours for service, I will be expecting a loaner car. If it will be necessary to keep my car for days or weeks at a time, I will need a car to drive home, some 8 hours away. Has anybody had any excellent service that they'd like to brag about that will help me make my decision? I will be looking anywhere from New Hampshire, Mass, CT, NY, and possibly VT?
T_in_Maine,
i live in the seacoast of NH. I bought my car at Boston Acura - not bad, but wasn't hugely inpressed, i did get a really good deal. My parents went to buy an RL, and my friends mom a new TL, at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua. They both had the same conclusion - the sales people were obnoxious. I have been taking my CLS to North Hampton Acura (I think now it is called Clair Acura North) for three years. Their service department is top notch, as is their customer service. My freinds mother that I previously mentioned drove a good distance to deal with their sales department to buy her TL last month. They have a no hassle policy. I have spoken on several occassions to the sales people (I am getting a TSX shortly) and they are not allowed to pressure, they are only allowed to show you the car and answer any questions that the customer may have. It is quite refreshing.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

wow, that sounds great! I think Clair North was one of the few that I was especially interested in hearing about as they scored really well on MY scorecard, based on reviews by the Better Business Bureau. I will definitely check them out. When do you plan to buy your TSX?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
6th Gear

After Tax season. I will not have the time or the money until after April 15th. It will be a sad day when I get rid of my CLS. God I love that car. Of course, I might try to find a used 6mt TL, I have become adicted to the power of the Type-S. Good luck in your search.