Another Happy Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Another Happy Owner!

I took my '02 RSX in for service a couple of days before Thanksgiving and drove off with an '06 TSX. What a great holiday. The dealer gave me a TSX loaner while my RSX was being serviced, my wife loved the car and told me that I should see what they would give me for my RSX as a trade. She's always hated my RSX and, to be honest, driving a stick in the DC traffic was really getting to me. I haven't had an AT since I was 17 (28 years ago) so I had some reservations but I love driving this car so much I don't mind my son calling me an old-fart for making the switch. He has a 2000 Integra MT.

I'm happy with the deal I negotiated with the dealer. Although I was interested in a 2007, I ended up getting a 2006 AT w/Navi (Nighthawk + Ebony), trunk tray and cargo net (installed) for $27K which included the destination charges (or it was waived -- however you want to look at it). They gave me $14K for my RSX Type-S which was paid off in 2004. So my final out the door price was $13K plus sales tax. Not bad.

The only thing that I didn't like about the car was being stuck with XM in the dash. Hate XM. Love the NFL. But I've connected my Sirius Stiletto via the AUX port in the arm rest so I'm now a happy camper.

Interestingly, my service manager told me not to even consider the Music Link for iPod integration. Instead, he gave me a brochure for Neo Car Audio's iPod product (http://www.neocaraudio.com/products/ipod.php) and told me to order that and bring it in for installation. The product looks really good. Although it doesn't display on the Navi screen, you can control the volume and tracks via the steering wheel switches. I'll probably pick this up once I replace my iPod when Apple releases their new one. Want to make sure that interface doesn't change. <g>

Anyway... Count me in as a new happy member of the TSX community! And thanks for all of the good info on the boards here.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats that's a great deal, I wish my car was paid off so I could trade it in.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Which dealer did you buy from?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
is glad to be back!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Thrillington
I took my '02 RSX in for service a couple of days before Thanksgiving and drove off with an '06 TSX. What a great holiday. The dealer gave me a TSX loaner while my RSX was being serviced, my wife loved the car and told me that I should see what they would give me for my RSX as a trade. She's always hated my RSX and, to be honest, driving a stick in the DC traffic was really getting to me. I haven't had an AT since I was 17 (28 years ago) so I had some reservations but I love driving this car so much I don't mind my son calling me an old-fart for making the switch. He has a 2000 Integra MT.

I'm happy with the deal I negotiated with the dealer. Although I was interested in a 2007, I ended up getting a 2006 AT w/Navi (Nighthawk + Ebony), trunk tray and cargo net (installed) for $27K which included the destination charges (or it was waived -- however you want to look at it). They gave me $14K for my RSX Type-S which was paid off in 2004. So my final out the door price was $13K plus sales tax. Not bad.

The only thing that I didn't like about the car was being stuck with XM in the dash. Hate XM. Love the NFL. But I've connected my Sirius Stiletto via the AUX port in the arm rest so I'm now a happy camper.

Interestingly, my service manager told me not to even consider the Music Link for iPod integration. Instead, he gave me a brochure for Neo Car Audio's iPod product (http://www.neocaraudio.com/products/ipod.php) and told me to order that and bring it in for installation. The product looks really good. Although it doesn't display on the Navi screen, you can control the volume and tracks via the steering wheel switches. I'll probably pick this up once I replace my iPod when Apple releases their new one. Want to make sure that interface doesn't change. <g>

Anyway... Count me in as a new happy member of the TSX community! And thanks for all of the good info on the boards here.

Kick your kids ass for saying that.

And I live nearby, so if you want me to do it, I won't have a problem with doing that =D

Congrats on the purchase sir! No shame in driving a AT especially in the MD/VA/DC area......
Old 12-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Congrats on the purchase.

Which dealer did you buy from?
Pohanka Acura out in Chantilly. Since 2002 we've bought cars from three major Acura dealers in the area but IMHO Phoanka is by far the best.

Radley Acura - Bought a 2000 Integra for my son in 2002. We were buying used and they had the best Integra of the three lots. Only reason we bought there. Didn't care for the customer service and the lot just has a sleeziness about it. Won't go back.

Karen Radley VW/Acura (out on Route 1) - Bought a 2006 Jetta for my wife about 3 months ago. The service there was really good and they were willing to wheel and deal quite a bit. Got a great deal on my wife's car. I was actually going to go there to look at a 2006 TSX Carbon Grey/Ebony that they had the day I bought at Pohanka. But my first preference was Nighthawk/Ebony and Pohanka was the only one that had one on the lot (and only one). The Internet Sales guy out at Karen Radley was great though. I probably could have gotten the Carbon Grey/Ebony there for about $500 less than what I ended up paying for mine but it was worth the extra cost to get the color that I wanted. I bought my RSX when there was a 3 month wait on the color that I really wanted and always regretted doing that.

If you're in the area... I can't say enough good things about Pohanka. Their customer service is phenomenal. My wife thinks I'm a fool for driving out to Chantilly for oil changes and service (we live in Lorton) when Karen Radley is 10 minutes down the road but I like to be catered to. Plus they have workstations with Internet access so I can work there the few times I don't get a loaner (like for oil changes).
Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Team Owner

If you're in the area... I can't say enough good things about Pohanka. Their customer service is phenomenal. My wife thinks I'm a fool for driving out to Chantilly for oil changes and service (we live in Lorton) when Karen Radley is 10 minutes down the road but I like to be catered to. Plus they have workstations with Internet access so I can work there the few times I don't get a loaner (like for oil changes).
I am in the area, actually and leased my 06 from Radley almost exactly a year ago. Never been to Pohanka, but I have heard a lot of good things about them. Only problem is that it's too much of a drive.

Lorton isn't too far, so the next time we have a local area TSX install meet, you should come and join us.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Lorton isn't too far, so the next time we have a local area TSX install meet, you should come and join us.
That would be cool. I was actually going to see if there was a local group here. When do you guys meet?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Team Owner

That would be cool. I was actually going to see if there was a local group here. When do you guys meet?

Oh you better believe that there's a Local Group here
Old 12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Team Owner

As the weather has cooled and people are shopping and preparing for travel, I think discussions for meets have been pushed off until after the new year arrives. Just check in here on a regular basis and I am sure you'll find info on it eventually.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Chaplain on call

Thumbs up New Acura

Good Job!!!!!! I love my 06 BHP TSX Navi, and I am absolutely certain that you will love yours too! Welcome to the board also.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Chaplain on call

Unhappy TSX Groups

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Oh you better believe that there's a Local Group here
I wish there was a TSX Group here in OKC.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Reverend Adams
I wish there was a TSX Group here in OKC.

Oh I'm sure you have locals around you!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyway... Count me in as a new happy member of the TSX community! And
thanks for all of the good info on the boards here.

Congrats! Where did you buy your TSX?
Old 12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pohanka Acura out in Chantilly. Since 2002 we've bought cars from three major Acura dealers in the area but IMHO Phoanka is by far the best.

Radley Acura - Bought a 2000 Integra for my son in 2002. We were buying used and they had the best Integra of the three lots. Only reason we bought there. Didn't care for the customer service and the lot just has a sleeziness about it. Won't go back.

Karen Radley VW/Acura (out on Route 1) - Bought a 2006 Jetta for my wife about 3 months ago. The service there was really good and they were willing to wheel and deal quite a bit. Got a great deal on my wife's car. I was actually going to go there to look at a 2006 TSX Carbon Grey/Ebony that they had the day I bought at Pohanka. But my first preference was Nighthawk/Ebony and Pohanka was the only one that had one on the lot (and only one). The Internet Sales guy out at Karen Radley was great though. I probably could have gotten the Carbon Grey/Ebony there for about $500 less than what I ended up paying for mine but it was worth the extra cost to get the color that I wanted. I bought my RSX when there was a 3 month wait on the color that I really wanted and always regretted doing that.

Really? Pohanka?

I live about a mile from Pohanka, so I reluctantly use them now. I bought from Chevy Chase Acura, but shortly after moved to Fairfax. Their service dept has been rude and dissapointing at best to me. It took 3 visits to get a TSB done, but they did eventually do it, correctly. They also grilled me about 1000 questions about my jdm lights and lip spoiler, and wanted to know what else i had done to my car before accepting the service. It was like they were looking for excuses not to serve me. They then took 4 hours to do a 30 minute TSB (.5 hours labor time according to bulletin).

However, I have noted that I have consistently dealt with the same person (Jayson? I think?) so I cannot speak for the rest of them. I must ask to speak to a different representative if I ever pull him again.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And we have a great local group! We do meet and greets, performance parts installs, and some BBQ and cruising events. Its fun to meet other owners and play with our favorite toys, the TSXs!