Age of TSX owners.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Brad
Regarding the virgin, some people have suggested that the TSX should help. I don't know how unless someone gets some kinky uses for the metal MT shift knob. Has anyone tried?

Bad me! Bad, bad, bad...such nasty thoughts!

However, it you attached it to a vibrator...uggggh! I've already dug too deeply. Uh oh, that's bad too. I can't get out! Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you're getting just a wee bit off topic and bordering on an uncomfortable area. We'd like to keep women on the forums, and this is not a good way to ensure that they stay.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:35 PM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about talking about MT's for 115 pages?
Old 10-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by larchmont
What about talking about MT's for 115 pages?
Heh, I have no idea what you're talking about. That happens to be on the topic of the thread title, whereas this is just plain offensive and way off topic.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

25 year old 2ND Class Fire Control Technician in the Navy. Just got off of my sea duty in Groton, CT on a fast attack submarine. Reporting next week to my shore duty as a LAN administrator for a local shore command in Groton. Married to a hottie graduate of Cornell and proud owner of a Nighthawk Black/Ebony/MT w/o Navi TSX. Wishing I got the Navi though….the hottie didn’t see the need, but I’m a gadget freak and well…you get the picture. Thinking of figuring out a way of installing an Alpine Mobile Media Unit to supplement it. Not really sure how to go about doing it though…ideas welcome.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:17 AM
More On

Originally posted by SSN_FT2(SS/DV)
.....Reporting next week to my shore duty as a LAN administrator for a local shore command in Groton. Married to a hottie graduate of Cornell and proud owner of a Nighthawk Black/Ebony/MT w/o Navi TSX. Wishing I got the Navi though….the hottie didn’t see the need......
Hey, FT2, welcome! Oh, how I'm disappointed in my esteemed alma mater (C71 here!) -- I'm afraid they didn't teach her enough!

Didn't see the need for the Nav? Hmmmmm.... What we usually hear is that the chix love it.

Well, maybe she had other practical priorities for the $$$$. After all, they're usually right.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Cruise Missile Lobber

She's a very practical lady...no BSing her
Old 10-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Advanced

Thanks Larchmont for the heads-up regarding SSN's "hottie Cornell graduate." Me too (Cornell, not hottie, that is!) Grad. 1980, biology major, now a lawyer defending docs against med mal suits - yeah I know that sounds a little incongruous. It has in fact been a long and meandering route from there to here, but here is where I am, and I won't bore you all with the winding road that got me here. And, btw, I do very well remember (quite fondly) more than a few "hottie" female Cornellians! I didn't marry any of them, but not for lack of trying! Well, I gotta get that outta my head now and get down to work, making the world safe for screw-up docs!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 AM
Advanced

And, btw, it doesn't surprise me that the Cornell grad saw no need for the navi, despite the fact that she's a XX (female). Those of us who navigated Ithaca and environs for four years tend to have a very good sense of direction!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by mrdoug
And, btw, it doesn't surprise me that the Cornell grad saw no need for the navi, despite the fact that she's a XX (female). Those of us who navigated Ithaca and environs for four years tend to have a very good sense of direction!
Hey there. Since we're off topiic anyway. This is no jab at all, but probably the best thing to do when you just want to adjust something you said to include something else, when you just made a post, is to hit the edit button next to the quote button and add it there. Maybe you know this, but since you just joined, I thought I'd let you know.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Drifting

Re: Finally another damn lawyer

I've been scanning this thread and wondering when someone would finally say they're a lawyer - thanks! Me, too - 45, Annapolis, MD, med mal defense. Red TSX, spoiler, no nav, took delivery 2 weeks ago, love it. Respectfully submitted, mrdoug
Add me to the mix, counselor. 30, Herndon, VA, antitrust. RE: my car specs--Red TSK, spoiler, no navi (and I own two "X" chromosomes...), spoiler, body kit, Silver Star rims.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:36 PM
More On

Re: Re: Finally another damn lawyer

Originally posted by ricecake
Add me to the mix, counselor. 30, Herndon, VA, antitrust. RE: my car specs--Red TSK, spoiler, no navi (and I own two "X" chromosomes...)......
Hey y'all, in case you aren't paying close enough attention: That means don't call ricecake "dude."

But don't be surprised, ricecake, if somebody does -- We're smart, but we're stupid.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Re: Finally another damn lawyer

We're smart, but we're stupid.
I assumed that everyone here is smart--something you can deduce from TSX ownership.

I also am part of the "I'm stupid" contingent too--as evidenced by my embarassing typo in my original post! :o
Old 10-06-2003, 03:37 PM
More On

Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally another damn lawyer

Originally posted by ricecake
I assumed that everyone here is smart--something you can deduce from TSX ownership.

I also am part of the "I'm stupid" contingent too--as evidenced by my embarassing typo in my original post! :o
tsk, tsk, tsk.

Actually I didn't notice anything until you pointed it out. You see, we go for the big picture. (Or, that's the excuse I'm using anyway.)
Old 10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks Larchmont .....Me too ......
Hmmm. I spent a summer at Cornell while I was in high school. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to go to college there .

The TSX proves to be a very "smart" car once again.....
Old 10-06-2003, 08:03 PM
More On

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
Hmmm. I spent a summer at Cornell while I was in high school. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to go to college there .....
Me2 -- I mean about spending the summer there. It was what made me sure that's where I DID want to go to college!

Was that the "AP" program that you were in? I was sort of in that, basically, except our little portion of the program was funded by NSF (Nat'l Sci. Foundation), and so it was free but there was no credit for it :'( But we were with the AP people, hung out with the AP people, and nobody much knew that we weren't. Great, great time.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Does this thread set a record for this forum?
Old 10-06-2003, 09:16 PM
More On

Originally posted by Spud
Does this thread set a record for this forum?
Check out some of the TL threads on here.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Me2 -- I mean about spending the summer there. It was what made me sure that's where I DID want to go to college!

Was that the "AP" program that you were in? I was sort of in that, basically, except our little portion of the program was funded by NSF (Nat'l Sci. Foundation), and so it was free but there was no credit for it :'( But we were with the AP people, hung out with the AP people, and nobody much knew that we weren't. Great, great time.
Interesting. They call it "summer college" now. I didn't get the credit either. And it wasn't free....but it was a LOT of fun.

I was in the architechture program for about a week, and then decided that it was too artsy for me. Switched to engineering, and it was much better fit. Good experience, though, because I was able to find that out before applying to colleges. In case you're wondering, I ended up going to Columbia.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Intermediate

32 and Single.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:31 PM
More On

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
......In case you're wondering, I ended up going to Columbia.
As a matter of fact I was. My lady's alma mater, sort of. (Two grad degrees.)
Old 10-08-2003, 04:26 PM
10th Gear

ok...i'm late to the party (especially considering that this is my first post) based on the length of this thread, but i'll add my info to the pot:

35, divorced (no kids), information tech project manager

i picked up my milano red tsx (6mt, non-navi, fogs, spoiler, tint, stealth mask, wheel locks, splash guards - i hope i got this lingo all correct!) last week and am even more in love with this car than i was before i brought it home!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
24 + 3 weeks old and single (11 more months before I can rent from Avis)
Mechanical Engineer at consulting firm
Northern Illinois University graduate
(NIU football: 23 game losing streak when started college and after graduation, they are currently ranked 16...sheesh)
TSX was gift to myself for graduating and finding a job
Old 10-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by TSX 'R' US 24 + 3 weeks old and single (11 more months before I can rent from Avis)
Curious, is there anything that Avis has to do with the TSX (maybe you're just griping about it, in relation to your age)? Turning 25 in Dec., I've been renting cars for a long time, especially with Enterprise. As for service on my TSX, the first time (accessory install) they gave me an Acura, and then when one more accessory was installed they realized that I wasn't 25 so they got me an Enterprise car. There's nothing to do with age and renting cars, who knows where 25 came from. Being insured is all that matters to them, even though some have other rules about it.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:19 AM
More On

Originally posted by TSX 'R' US
24 + 3 weeks old and single (11 more months before I can rent from Avis)
Mechanical Engineer at consulting firm.....
I just thought he was making a car-related joke about the "landmark" of turning 25. Anyway, I remember that the first time I ever rented a car, when I was in my early 20's (yeah dudes, ancient history!), I ran into this problem, and I think it was with Hertz. I had to fight with them to get the car, and (somewhat to my surprise) it worked. But they were saying I really had to be 25. I think the only reason my fighting helped was that I kept saying it had been arranged by a travel agent (which it had been) and nobody said anything in advance about my having to be 25.

But since this happened around 1492 it might not have anything to do with anything.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by larchmont I just thought he was making a car-related joke about the "landmark" of turning 25.
Yeah. I just wondered if he was suggesting that he couldn't get a rental car for free from his Acura dealer.
Anyway, I remember that the first time I ever rented a car, when I was in my early 20's (yeah dudes, ancient history!), I ran into this problem, and I think it was with Hertz. I had to fight with them to get the car, and (somewhat to my surprise) it worked. But they were saying I really had to be 25. I think the only reason my fighting helped was that I kept saying it had been arranged by a travel agent (which it had been) and nobody said anything in advance about my having to be 25.
Heh, yeah, good stuff. It annoys me that some have that rule, there's no basis on it.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Advanced

33 here, call center manager for a non-profit. Partner is 33 also, and keeps stealing my TSX cuz he loves it so much. The gays love this car too!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Former Audio Mod

Originally posted by TSXinCA
33 here, call center manager for a non-profit. Partner is 33 also, and keeps stealing my TSX cuz he loves it so much. The gays love this car too!
Excellent. I suppose as a call center manager for a non-profit that you are still doing outgoing calls…or are you just taking incoming calls? If you do the outgoing calls, how is this do not call registry affecting your business? I assume it would be somewhat positive because it's less often that people will be getting telemarketing calls.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Advanced

Talking

I'm 50 and a coal miner with a BS in Accounting. Found out I can't sit behind a desk. I have 2 sons that refuse to let their old man get old. My youngest son wants a WRX next year.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Advanced

I'm (finally) a TSX owner at 47. Married, no kids. After a long career doing software development for the same company, I'm in the consulting world now. It means a lot more road travel, mostly with little or no compensation. I got the TSX because it was getting too tiring to drive my 97 Nissan Sentra GLE long distances.

MSM/5AT/Nav
Old 11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Instructor

25, sys-admin/db-admin

also have a degree in graphic design
Old 01-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

24, infrastructure architect - I build networks and IT systems.

Looking forward to 25....insurance rates drop. =)
Old 01-10-2004, 10:15 PM
STC
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by schalliol
Excellent. I suppose as a call center manager for a non-profit that you are still doing outgoing calls…or are you just taking incoming calls? If you do the outgoing calls, how is this do not call registry affecting your business? I assume it would be somewhat positive because it's less often that people will be getting telemarketing calls.
I dont think he means hes telemarketing. I think he means customer service/help desk type calls.

Am I right TSXinCA?
Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Cruisin'

40, IT Manager
Old 01-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Sile

Old 01-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Bite my shiney metal ass.

42, a pretty wife, a couple of cool kids and a really sweet car. Did we ever get an answer about the stars from that astronomer?
Old 01-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
41, electical engineer by training (MS USC) but work on contracts among electric utilities thanks to business degree (MBA Pepperdine). Married to a 40yo cutie. No kids and thus more time for road trips.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Banned

22 work for state street in trade management ^^
Old 01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
bleh...

23 years old, real estate agent and student
Old 01-13-2004, 12:53 PM
dnb
in search of PW threads

Originally posted by A4NoMore
Did we ever get an answer about the stars from that astronomer?
Huh? Is there an astronomy thread running on this site?
Old 01-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Bite my shiney metal ass.

Originally posted by fdl
Astonomer...cool.

So whats the deal with stars? Why are there so many?
Yeah, ::TSXLOVER:: is one. I don't believe he answered this question.

Quick Reply: Age of TSX owners.......