Age group??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Age group??

HEy guys im a new driver in NYC 17 do u think the TSX is ok for my age group please put some of ure ages down with this car??

cause if i egt this car im goin g to do cosmetics to it and i wanna no if u guys object or are fine with it..

personally if u object im still gunna do it if i get the car but please speak ure mind lol
Old 01-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Race Director

I'm 24 dude. I wish I drove a nice car like you did at 17, I drove an 88 Accord that time with 85K miles on it. You're lucky.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Racer

lol thnx man.... wuld u say its ricey and stupid to put underglow and turbos and other cosmetics likea kit??
Old 01-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

i'm 22, drove a 93 accord when i was 17. IMO the TSX is way too classy to put crap like underglows on it. Body kits and tinting is most I'd ever want to see on a TSX. Otherwise you're better off getting a used Honda to turn into a rice rocket.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

I agree with Xizor:

the TSX is way too classy to put crap like underglows on it. Body kits and tinting is most I'd ever want to see on a TSX
I'm probably in the great minority of this group with my gender (female) and my age (39). But trust me, I'm WAY cooler than that sounds! Just look at my car.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by ravingstylez
lol thnx man.... wuld u say its ricey and stupid to put underglow and turbos and other cosmetics likea kit??
Why would I be offended.. of course not But if I were you I would say I'm too young. I am 25, and I till almost feel that. I almost bought RSX... considered Celica, WRX, even Civic.

Now the reasoning: this is the first car I'm buying on my own. I wanted to perhaps change cars in a few years, just because I like new things. But now, I'm stuck. I can't take a step DOWN... and without being that much of a spender, there isn't a lot of room to move up.

Also, your insurance is going to be crazy-high.

As for the cosmetics, I have always wanted to think about underglow. Looks so unique. But of course I would never get it... it IS ricey But it would be interesting for sure... Heck, you can always turn it off.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

man, if you can get a tsx at 17...do it! it might the last your parents buy for you!

but, as far as fixing it up.....go ahead, its your car, not anyone else's! just, please dont put yellow or purple lights on! go with like white, black light, or red or blue!

but, the turbo...hell yes! do it! i was looking at one before my car was totalled.

16 i was driving an 89 honda accord.
at 18, i bought a brand new 2000 civic si
at 21, i bought a brand new tsx...i had it since april 24th.
at 22, with the tsx done, i will probaly buy a benz or g35.

what ever you do kid, good luck.

also, if you want to mad the hell out of a car, and have it be FAST! get a WRX!

good luck man-
Old 01-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Racer

lol thnx guys....
nah i def wuldnt put yellow or purple YEEK
I wuld get satin silver with blue street glow and hopefully twin turbos ,injen cool air intake , coilovers,and blue underdash lights and yeah like he said i can always turn em off
21 in az are u the guy that had that really unfortunate accident that u were hit in the back?? if so im glad ure still with us lol
and if i do get the car ill post pics so people can flame and people can aww lol thnx guys

and my oparnets will not allow me to get a wrx cause they think its too fast lol i wa soriginalluy lookin at an

EVO HEHEHEHEH
Old 01-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Your car should be an expression and/or extension of who you are. Who cares what other people think? You should see the riced minivans my cousin's friends have in Japan. For those who like it sporty there is the OEM body kit and Ebony interior; those who like it elegant and classy can go with the parchment interior. That's the beauty of the TSX to me - you can be both - classy and sporty. Express yourself to the world!

But if you're looking for a put-my-eyeballs-in-the-back-of-my-scokets podracer the TSX isn't the right choice. Most people who are shopping the TSX are also looking at the A4, BMW 3 series, IS300, Passat...none of which are pocket rockets...though they are fun to drive, comfy and on occasion wicked fast. Refinement is the keyword in this class...not brute force. If you are going to spend a good amount of money upgrading your TSX just to get the performance you want you may want to look at alternatives to see if you can get all the asphalt-melting performace without the luxo goodies (which adds a ton of extra weight anyways). The Mazda 6s comes to mind...

Good luck!!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Just came back from the RSX forums...I tihnk you might find that car more fitting for your needs.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Racer

Hey man if you're parents are getting you a tsx go for it. I'm 16 and I feel so lucky that my parents got me one (although it's gone half the time cause my dad can't resist driving it and he's 45. but he's payin for it so what the hell) I was looking at a used car before this but my dad has this thing about buying used cars. His first car was his family's 1953 Morris 1000 and he had all used cars up until only few years ago..... Back to my point. I looked at the evo and wrx and really wanted one but he said they didn't have as much class and character and I totally agree now after driving both of em. If you want an evo or a wrx and mod it go for it but it would definitely be a hell of a lot worse driving that daily and then the tsx. I know this cause I have friends that have each car and the wrx shifter with the short throw is notchy and the evo is a complete rattlebox. All it is is the engine if that's all you care about. You'll be a glad in a few years that you have a tsx especially if you get the mt because the shifter is still the best I've ever driven in to date. As for the mods do what you like it's you're car just don't put on an exhaust that wakes up the neighborhood and looks like a trashcan.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Automobile Aficionado

All i have to say is WRX STI !!!!!!!

(if you have the dough for insurance on that bad boy)

but the TSX is great from 17 to whatever....it has alittle bit for everyone
Old 01-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

that sucks they wont let you get the wrx, sorry bro! have you checked out the dodge srt-4? my 17yr old brother just got one, actually, i should my folks helped him out. they put up like 10k, and he is paying for the rest......i wish i could have a deal like that! but, you should check it out, hype it to your folks as it being a "neon" hahaha, thats what he did.....

bad news though, the tsx can not handle a twin-turbo setup, besides, 2xturbos are over rated. if you check out some supra forums or rx-7 forums, most of the guys are converting into a sinlge turbo.
the tsx engine is to small, and cant handle the hp from a twin setup. just wait for a supergharge, and look into a 50 shot of nitrous, if your seriuous.

just my 2 cents. and, yes that was me that was involved in that wreck, and thanks.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

also, pics of my bros srt-4 are on my cardomain page....link is in my sig.
just copy & paste.

let me know what you think.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:12 AM
More On

But seriously folks..... Even if I'm gonna sound like a really old guy, I don't understand why someone 16 or 17 would want a TSX. And I'm not talking about how much it costs, just what type of car it is. No offense, but isn't it like giving caviar to a little kid? Or, maybe more to the point, like giving Preparation H to someone without hemorrhoids? Because a lot of what the TSX is, is refinement and comfort. Do you kids really care that much about that? I would think you'd be able to get something MORE like what you want for LESS money (like an RSX or any number of other cars). Or, if you're gonna get a car that costs what the TSX does, wouldn't you rather put your resources into something more exciting?

Yeah -- like caviar or Preparation H for a kid.

I wonder if anybody else (besides geezers) sees it this way.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:49 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by sunnyboy
Just came back from the RSX forums...I tihnk you might find that car more fitting for your needs.
I totally agree, RSX type S is the car that is fit for a 17 year old boy/girl
Old 01-15-2004, 04:23 AM
The Young One

ahhhhhh i don't know... I bought my TSX when i was 17 and fell in love with it. I guess you just have to go with what you like.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Originally posted by larchmont

I wonder if anybody else (besides geezers) sees it this way. [/B]
Yeah I agree and I'm only 24.

Ravingstylez, you'd probably be much happier in an RSX IMHO. If you get the Type-S it has the same engine as the TSX (or at least very similar specs, do some research!). The money you save could go towards additional upgrades that would make your RSX a screamin' ride. Plus there's already a good choice of upgrades out there and a large install base to work off of (and get support from).

If you want to get an idea of what you can do with a RSX check out the Club RSX forums at http://www.clubrsx.com.

If you parents open a can of whopass about the RSX, tell them it's just a more refined Civic.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Automobile Aficionado

But seriously folks..... Even if I'm gonna sound like a really old guy, I don't understand why someone 16 or 17 would want a TSX. And I'm not talking about how much it costs, just what type of car it is. No offense, but isn't it like giving caviar to a little kid? Or, maybe more to the point, like giving Preparation H to someone without hemorrhoids? Because a lot of what the TSX is, is refinement and comfort. Do you kids really care that much about that? I would think you'd be able to get something MORE like what you want for LESS money (like an RSX or any number of other cars). Or, if you're gonna get a car that costs what the TSX does, wouldn't you rather put your resources into something more exciting?

Yeah -- like caviar or Preparation H for a kid.

I wonder if anybody else (besides geezers) sees it this way.

ok i am 22 and i think this is an absurd comment. larch- i have always respected your comments in posts but not this time. being 17 doesnt mean anything. And especially if he wants to look at the TSX. If anything it means he has good tatse in cars and some class. As long as he doesnt go and put fast and furious vinyl all over the car then whats the big deal? i mean your making it sound like we drive a benz or bently.....caviar???? give me a break. i know we have the wall street racer and the TSX is aimed towards the late 20's generation but i didnt buy this car to be conservative and feel like a 40 year old man using preperation H while eating caviar. sorry i had to vent. Go buy the car bro, and feel the respect that we all have here of driving such a refined car.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:35 AM
dnb
in search of PW threads

lol thnx guys....
nah i def wuldnt put yellow or purple YEEK
I wuld get satin silver with blue street glow and hopefully twin turbos ,injen cool air intake , coilovers,and blue underdash lights and yeah like he said i can always turn em off
I happen to agree with Larchmont and the other really old people here. (I'm one myself. But I'm into prunes, not Preparation H.) The TSX is not as mod-friendly as the SRT-4, WRX, Evo or RSX. You'd probably have more fun with one of the cars in the latter set.

and my oparnets will not allow me to get a wrx cause they think its too fast lol i wa soriginalluy lookin at an

EVO HEHEHEHEH
Ah, the Evolution. Look at one with the low spoiler option --- it's cheaper, stealthier and probably has a better chance of getting your parents' approval. I also think a black exterior makes the hood vent and body creases less noticeable.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 AM

I think if you can get a TSX at 17 and that's what you want, get it. Just don't trash it.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally posted by sunnyboy
The money you save could go towards additional upgrades that would make your RSX a screamin' ride. Plus there's already a good choice of upgrades out there and a large install base to work off of
Very true, check out the RSX Type-S A-Spec version link.

A dealership I went to had an 04 A-Spec in the showroom and a 2003 lives in my neighborhood. I'm not a fan of the giant spoiler, but it looks like a great fit for you and your "cosmetics". Though I have no idea how much it costs, and couldn't find it on Acura's website.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:17 AM
More On

Originally posted by NJtsx

ok i am 22 and i think this is an absurd comment. larch- i have always respected your comments in posts but not this time. being 17 doesnt mean anything. And especially if he wants to look at the TSX. If anything it means he has good tatse in cars and some class. As long as he doesnt go and put fast and furious vinyl all over the car then whats the big deal? i mean your making it sound like we drive a benz or bently.....caviar???? give me a break. i know we have the wall street racer and the TSX is aimed towards the late 20's generation but i didnt buy this car to be conservative and feel like a 40 year old man using preperation H while eating caviar. sorry i had to vent.....
Love it!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 24 and would have killed to have a car this sweet at 17. I had a 95 Civic Si at that time and then bought a CBR 600 F3 once I turned 18. I then bought myself a 98 ITR once I graduated from HS though. I also think that it's a good statement to have a TSX rather than what everyone else in your high school is driving. It's cool to not see the samekind of car you own ten times a day. When I encounter another on the road, it's like 2 dogs meeting up. I think they even sniff each other. Well, maybe not, but we at least wave to each other with a smile. It is a cool club to have a membership to, I guess you could say. We're different kind of drivers.

You can also capitalize on some serious gas money when you have a sweet car that is fun to drive, gets mad MPG, and can fit a few friends comfortably. You'll have people hitting you up for a ride home all the time. Plus, it won't be your mom's old beater. It's a car that you'll get respect for.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally posted by kurt_bradley
It's a car that you'll get respect for.
Nobody gets respect unless they buy it themselves, nuff said.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
WOOT!

24 here. i wish i had a car when i was 17. didn't get one until i was 21? maybe 22...? and that was a 94 concorde. the only reason why i got the tsx was because the concorde blew a compressor in april and didn't want to spend so much to install a new one. i took it as a sign. nice timing on that car.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Inspired

The TSX is hot at any age. People in their teens, 20's 30's etc like it. My Dad is 68 and HE likes the TSX (he bought a TL though).

Age shouldn't change whether people appreciate a good car or not
Old 01-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Racer

NOOOOOO NO vynils NOOOOOO..lol keep em comin... im very interested in opinions ,,, i looke dat rsx dont liek the back and dont like 2 door cars
Old 01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

im 17.........
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM
dnb
in search of PW threads

NOOOOOO NO vynils NOOOOOO..lol keep em comin... im very interested in opinions ,,,
Evo ... you really, really want that Evo ...
Old 01-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Racer

not the fast n furious evo

silver with same mods i wuld put on this car turbos coilovers dashglow underglow tints exhaust kit,body kit..

and yes evos are sexy as hell
Old 01-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Love it!
hey i try