Aftermarket Navigation Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aftermarket Navigation Pics

Here are some pictures of my aftermarket navigation.
This may be of interest to all of the non-navi owners who want to add Navi.

If you have a slow connection, then be careful, it will take a long time to load!

Tell me what you think:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15158
Old 09-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
While it looks nice - there's one major flaw - it's way too low. Have you noticed that the newest screens are getting closer and closer to the top of the dash - it's because that's the best place to have it visually. That unfortunately leads to things like the Idrive like interface button (in 5 series, new RL and new M) since the screen is too far to reach comfortably (and touch screens are more failure prone).
Old 09-25-2004, 02:22 PM
6 speed yo!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Hey Biker,

I agree. It's definitely low. That was one of my concerns before doing the install. I wish I could have just gotten Navi with my car but I couldn't come up with the money at the time. So had to go this route instead. I guess one of the pros of this route is that I get to take the deck with me when I sell the car

That's the really only good mount location though until they come out with install kit for the aftermarket decks. I'm not even sure if would even use the kit since I'm still using the factory changer though. I have the N1 hooked up through the AUX input. Plus I would hate to ruin the beautiful dash!

I noticed that it is fine while I'm driving though. I can see the screen very well! Pioneer makes far better LCDs then a lot of the aftermarket ones out there. It is clearly viewable from just about every angle. I figure that I can get a 8" screen mounted in my visor later if the screen position really bothers me, so that will solve that problem I already got a quote of $250 intalled. Not too bad!

One thing that is actually good about it being low is that a cop cannot see that their is video on the screen. It is illegal here in Cali to have any video that is in view of the driver.
It's nice keeping a low profile!
Old 09-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx536
One thing that is actually good about it being low is that a cop cannot see that their is video on the screen. It is illegal here in Cali to have any video that is in view of the driver.
It's nice keeping a low profile!
So what happens to all those new 5 series owners that hack their systems and are watching TV in motion?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

is it possible to keep the door functional? i dont think the door retracts enough, im gunna hafta think about this some more, cuz id like to hide the screen and keep it outa view when im parked somewhere.

now that i think about it, it seems quite low also, cuz i woudl like to use it as a navigation screen and maybe even a screen to watch some dvds but i dont think u can see it from the back seat. ermmm hmmm this is gunna take some thought.

any ideas would be helpful.

oh yeah one more question, how do you like that blue tooth? im considering maybe adding it once i get my new cellphone that has blue tooth. Ive already worn out a few head sets on my phone i have now, damn wires keep wearing out. so maybe bluetooth is the way to go. i dont remmeber if u posed prices, you probably did, but is that a reasonable price? if so where did u get it?

thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 02:23 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
is it possible to keep the door functional? i dont think the door retracts enough, im gunna hafta think about this some more, cuz id like to hide the screen and keep it outa view when im parked somewhere.

now that i think about it, it seems quite low also, cuz i woudl like to use it as a navigation screen and maybe even a screen to watch some dvds but i dont think u can see it from the back seat. ermmm hmmm this is gunna take some thought.

any ideas would be helpful.

oh yeah one more question, how do you like that blue tooth? im considering maybe adding it once i get my new cellphone that has blue tooth. Ive already worn out a few head sets on my phone i have now, damn wires keep wearing out. so maybe bluetooth is the way to go. i dont remmeber if u posed prices, you probably did, but is that a reasonable price? if so where did u get it?

thanks
No it's not possible to keep the door because it goes out too much. I hide mine when I park in a bad area by putting my sun shade over it. Hopefully someone would see my factory deck and just keep going.

Actually...You can see it very well from the backseat. That's what my friends say. Pioneer makes a great screen so you can see it well from all angle.

Go here from more discussion. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15157

Yes bluetooth is great. Bluetooth car sets work very well. When I turn on the ignition, I'm automatically connected. When I turn off the ignition I'm automatically disconnected. I also have the mute wire hooked up to my Pioneer N1. So when I get a call it mutes my radio! I recommend it!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

thats awesome, where did u get the instructions from? this might acutally happen soon! heh
Old 09-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

thats awesome, where did u get the instructions from? this might acutally happen soon! heh
Which instructions are you referring too?
The bluetooth install?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

more or less, was there suffiecent instructions on how to make them all work together? that was my biggest fear was there being hidden parts that i need to get before it works nicely
Old 09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Yes, there are sufficient instructions.

You do need some car stereo wiring knowledge though. If you're don't have any then you should be able to find a shop around you for the install.

There are just 4 wires that the bluetooth kit needs to connect to the car. The rest of the wires connect to each component of the car kit.

Start a new thread in the audio/video section and we will all help you there. Lots of knowledgeable people are there!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

gotcha, instead of that speaker in ure not an ashtray thing, was it possible to run it into the speakers in the car? or is that outa the question
Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

gotcha, instead of that speaker in ure not an ashtray thing, was it possible to run it into the speakers in the car? or is that outa the question
Hi,

Yes it is very possible. There is a Sony Ericson kit discussed in the Audio video section about this kit. I belive it is HBC-30 but I'm not sure. Do a search in the audio video section for bluetooth and you will see info on the bluetooth phone kits!