Advice on managing accident repairs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on managing accident repairs

Hi All. This is my first post as a new TSX owner (Black/Auto/6,000 miles on the odometer). I would appreciate advice from anyone who has experienced having insurance-covered repairs to a TSX. A 19 year old woman side-swiped my rear bumper while I was stopped waiting to turn. The car was pushed five feet forward, and the damage includes a twisted, scraped bumper-face and tail-light damage.

I am awaiting arrival of a local adjuster who will be paid by her insurance company (I am in Canada, they are in the US). I am not involving my insurance agent. However, I want to ensure that repairs are done satisfactorily.

I have learned, from damage caused to a Honda Accord that I own, that rear-end collissions can lead to trunk leakage. From the Forum I learned that I should have the bumper shocks inspected, and possibly replaced. I will expect new, not aftermarket, parts. Is there anything else I should consider or take action on, from an insurance or repair perspective?
Old 04-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make sure they don't skimp on the paint job for the new bumper, the pearl colors are very complex and require blending with the rest of the body