Acura Total Luxury Care

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
is cuteness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hammer098
CHILL. Most women and I even know a lot of men who have no clue nor would they change a tire.
yea, i agree with u... if our family had a flat, my dad would come running with a smile because he could put that powered screw driver to unscrew the tire bolts. lol.. not familiar with vocab. so far he got to use it 3 times, and he says its the best thing he ever bought.. haha
Old 04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
If you manage to tear a pair of gloves changing a tire, you're definitely doing something wrong...
I meant like say you're trying to reach those bolts for the timing belt cover that are near the firewall, or that far tucked in there bolt for the alternator in Honda's or trying to fish the return line from the condensor in between the damn radiator and the body, or trying to fish a spark plug in a V6 Ford, or....well the list goes on.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by waTSX
Sheesh. They give you the jack. They give you the spare. And you don't want to get your hands dirty so you can eat ribs? It takes about 15 minutes to change a tire. Why in hell wait around when you can have it done and be on your way? I don't get it.

They used to teach it in drivers ed, but I guess they don't even have drivers ed anymore.
Most of the time yeah I do it myself, but I have AAA and their response times are usually within 15 to 30 minutes in my town. I think I've called them about twice in the past 5 or 6 years. If only i could show you the shirts and pants i've ruined with just a smidge of whatever it was that got on there while I was doing whatever it maybe to a car at the time.

I still hate that nasty metallic oily smell, ie, just yesterday I was at a gas station eating a steak and egg burrito (by the way those are awesome) and some lady by pure chance wanted me walked up to me and ask me to look at her CK because she was experiencing smoke when she turned on the heater. Just looking around in her engine bay and doing a series of quick simple tests, I still managed to get my hands grimey. I went in the bathroom at the gas station, washed them off, but still had that black residue on there. I went to go try and finish my burrito, but a couple of piece managed to fall on me as I was sitting and as any hungry individual does, I picked them up with hands and ate them only to experience that nasty greasy, metallic taste.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by juicygirljen
yea, i agree with u... if our family had a flat, my dad would come running with a smile because he could put that powered screw driver to unscrew the tire bolts. lol.. not familiar with vocab. so far he got to use it 3 times, and he says its the best thing he ever bought.. haha
Cordless impact gun...that's gonna be my next tool purchase, I just wonder how long they last, especially if bolts where torqued above 100 ft.lbs.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by hostage46
Jesus no kidding!!!

basic life skills ....

Change a tire
swim
make fire
land an airplane

All very usefull
land an airplane? haha, easier said than done.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Currently at 50,546 miles

Originally Posted by Alin10123
land an airplane? haha, easier said than done.
I've done it.

But you know, they didn't teach us to change a tire in drivers ed... it should be! Way too many people don't know how!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I actually used the care number 3 days ago and had a great experience. They picked up the phone immediately, and the first question they asked if myself and the car are safe and away from harm or danger? I ran out of gas. I gave her the address and the company came in 45min. Great! I think the point to getting service the quickest is having as much info as possible as to your location.

Oh and for the record, I'm a girl and I've changed one or two tires before.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Advanced

TLC is totally awesome. by the way any dipshit can change a tire.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by hammer098
CHILL. Most women and I even know a lot of men who have no clue nor would they change a tire.
This may be true... but that doesn't make it right. I think anyone who operates a vehicle should be able to put on a spare, and there's even instructions in the owner's manual. Although she didn't know at first, my wife now knows how to change a wheel and jumpstart a car.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

I wasn't taught how to change a tire in drivers ed. But the first time that I had to do it, the first place I went was to the owners manual.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
TLC is supposed to cover breakdowns--including flat tires and such. So regardless of whether or not a person can change a tire, TLC is completely 100% obligated to fulfill their promise. True, they are at the whim of local services... so at the very least they should always dispatch help ASAP and probably even follow up later on to make sure you got the help you need.

If you feel they are not living up to their promise, then present your case to them in a calm but assertive way. I'm sure they will do whatever they can to rectify the situation.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pbjpb
TLC is totally awesome. by the way any dipshit can change a tire.

If I ever get a flat tire anywhere (except a residential area), then I will always call someone else, whether it be TLC or AAA, to come change it. I've known 3 people that have gotten hit by a car and killed while trying to change their tire.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Instructor

You actually don't have to break skin even. Get dirty maybe. You can step on the wrench if the lugs are too tight.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:46 AM
10th Gear

I keep a pair of mechanix gloves and a box of disposable medical non-latex gloves in my trunk. Hands never get dirty. I put on the medicals under the mechanix gloves so that my hands stay dry and I don't bust my knuckles or anything.