Acura Total Luxury Care

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Total Luxury Care

Does anybody has any experience or know about the concierge service and whatever they say on the Acura website on the Total Luxury Care?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Don't know about the concierge service, but the emergency roadside assistance works pretty damn well, in my experience (no, not my accidents).
Old 04-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Advanced

I once called their roadside assistance. It rang for 10 minutes without anybody answering. I got the same result when I called half hour later.

I have not bothered with them since. I call my own insurance company for help if and when I need to so.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Katz
I once called their roadside assistance. It rang for 10 minutes without anybody answering. I got the same result when I called half hour later.

I have not bothered with them since. I call my own insurance company for help if and when I need to so.
Wow! Are you serious?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Katz

You sure you called the right number? I have never had a problem the few times that I have needed to call them.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

they suck. 2 saturday's ago i was on my way to work and i switched lanes to go onto my exit and i ran over this big, long wood stick thing. by the time i saw it, it was too late. i hurried up and pulled over and got out of my car. i was expecting a flat, but there was a big @#? hole in my tire as well. i was like wtf?! i called tlc the lady took my info and then some automated thing called back and told me that they should be there in 1 1/2 hours. 1 1/2 hrs later not there. called back and it said 30 minutes. called back again and it said 5-10 minutes. called back again and it said that service should have arrived by now...but they still weren't there. called the cell # that i was given and the lady said that he should be right there. uggghhh.....i called them at like 10am and they didn't come til like 1215pm. i'm going to learn how to change a tire.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Team Owner

1. Learn how to change a tire...it's not that hard.
2. Acura TLC doesn't operate its own tow trucks, they contract this to a local company who actually dispatches the truck. So if anyone is to blame for the delay, it's the tow truck company.
3. The last time I used it, they called me to confirm that the tow truck had arrived and that everything was okay.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Racer

So what can we call them for? (flat tire? run out of gas? ... ) I know I have a card with the # somewhere ... Is the service free of charge?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
You can call them for any breakdowns or accidents you have that require the car to be towed. It also covers hotel if your out of your local area. No cost! It's good during your warranty period. Not sure if it covers a rental car........ Perhaps someone else can post about that..........
Old 04-27-2006, 09:31 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Isn't that the truth!! IMO, you have to be really lazy to wait 1.5 hours for road assitance instead of just changing your own tire with the spare.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LaDonna
they suck. 2 saturday's ago i was on my way to work and i switched lanes to go onto my exit and i ran over this big, long wood stick thing. by the time i saw it, it was too late. i hurried up and pulled over and got out of my car. i was expecting a flat, but there was a big @#? hole in my tire as well. i was like wtf?! i called tlc the lady took my info and then some automated thing called back and told me that they should be there in 1 1/2 hours. 1 1/2 hrs later not there. called back and it said 30 minutes. called back again and it said 5-10 minutes. called back again and it said that service should have arrived by now...but they still weren't there. called the cell # that i was given and the lady said that he should be right there. uggghhh.....i called them at like 10am and they didn't come til like 1215pm. i'm going to learn how to change a tire.
LaDonna, you seem to have the worst luck.....:shakehead
Old 04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
VSA Rocks

As far as roadside goes, I don't really need TLC. I have AAA already.

However, I was about to try their concierge services last weekend for buying tickets at the Old Globe Theater in San Diego. Since I drive a 6MT, I didn't feel like pulling out the TLC card and dialing while driving. I ended up booking some pretty good seats on my own. I thought to myself, "if only I had an RL with bluetooth."

To me, a true "concierge" can get you things or services you normally would have difficulty obtaining on your own. For example, when my wife and I used the Disney concierge services while staying at one of their properties, we couldn't get a reservation to one of the restaurants on our own. With the concierge, we were able to get a table for two.

Now, THAT is concierge.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I keep forgetting about the concierge service..... I'll have to look into it again.......
Old 04-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STL
Isn't that the truth!! IMO, you have to be really lazy to wait 1.5 hours for road assitance instead of just changing your own tire with the spare.
i'd rather be lazy than @*%? something up. i wasn't about to try to change a tire and then drive on a spare. btw....i don't care what you think. i know what i need to do.
Have camera, will travel

2. Acura TLC doesn't operate its own tow trucks, they contract this to a local company who actually dispatches the truck. So if anyone is to blame for the delay, it's the tow truck company.
3. The last time I used it, they called me to confirm that the tow truck had arrived and that everything was okay.
If you're going to operate a motor vehicle, this is a very basic skill. That's why they put the spare in the trunk.
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlukja
LaDonna, you seem to have the worst luck.....:shakehead
i know right?!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by waTSX
If you're going to operate a motor vehicle, this is a very basic skill. That's why they put the spare in the trunk.
that's great. does your girlfriend/mom/sister/aunt know how to change a tire?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Thriller

When my Mercedes' alternator died leaving me stranded I called the MB Roadside Service (lifetime on any MB) and they told me it would take at least 2 hours before anyone would come. They even asked if I had AAA cus they'd be there in less than an hour.

Luckily, I haven't had to use the Acura Roadside Service yet. Anyway, I signed up with AAA for 45 bucks/yr, I sleep better knowing I'm gonna get help when I need it.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Yes/Yes/NA/Yes

Now would they?

Yes/No/NA/Yes
Old 04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ladonna, I agree with you. I dont expect my Wife, Mom, Sister to change a tire when they have road side assistance. Whether it be 'Acura' road side assistance or 'family and friends' road side assistance. Its good that you know the tire changing proceedure (meaning what to do). It does take some strength to get the lugs off sometimes, you may break some skin and definetly get dirty. So, if you can call some one else to do the work and you've got the time, call someone else.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
Ladonna, I agree with you. I dont expect my Wife, Mom, Sister to change a tire when they have road side assistance. Whether it be 'Acura' road side assistance or 'family and friends' road side assistance. Its good that you know the tire changing proceedure (meaning what to do). It does take some strength to get the lugs off sometimes, you may break some skin and definetly get dirty. So, if you can call some one else to do the work and you've got the time, call someone else.
Sorry, not buying it. This is 2006. Women don't get to play the damsel in distress anymore. Today's women demand equality in all areas of modern life, as they should. The idea that it's too difficult to break loose the lug nuts, or she might break some skin, or she might get dirty is ridiculous. She's a young, healthy woman, and a lug wrench has a lot of leverage. Learn to do it and stop making excuses. IT'S EASY.

Which do you think is more dangerous, waiting at the side of the road for god knows how long for help to arrive, or completing a 15 minute task on your own and being on your way?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:29 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

I value my time far too much to wait 1.5 hours for someone else to come do the work instead of just spending 20 minutes to change my tire. It's not like it's complicated or anything either -- besides I'm sure the owners manual describes the steps (for those who don't know).
Old 04-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Intermediate

Talking

Sorry, not buying it. This is 2006. Women don't get to play the damsel in distress anymore. Today's women demand equality in all areas of modern life, as they should. The idea that it's too difficult to break loose the lug nuts, or she might break some skin, or she might get dirty is ridiculous. She's a young, healthy woman, and a lug wrench has a lot of leverage. Learn to do it and stop making excuses. IT'S EASY.

Which do you think is more dangerous, waiting at the side of the road for god knows how long for help to arrive, or completing a 15 minute task on your own and being on your way?
i wasn't standing on the side of the road. i don't care what you're buying. i didn't change it and that's that. if i were that pressed i would have changed it myself. yeah i wish the wait was shorter but it wasn't. i was perfectly fine waiting what i was told originally which was 1 1/2 hr. what excuses have i made? by saying that i would rather wait than to @#?* something up? why the @#?& do you care anyway? if you don't have anything legitimate to say shut the @#$? up!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ronin317
Yes/Yes/NA/Yes

Now would they?

Yes/No/NA/Yes
whatever
Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

I forgot to add, that yes my wife can and has changed a tire.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Have camera, will travel

i wasn't standing on the side of the road. i don't care what you're buying. i didn't change it and that's that. if i were that pressed i would have changed it myself. yeah i wish the wait was shorter but it wasn't. i was perfectly fine waiting what i was told originally which was 1 1/2 hr. what excuses have i made? by saying that i would rather wait than to @#?* something up? why the @#?& do you care anyway? if you don't have anything legitimate to say shut the @#$? up!!!!
Temper, temper
Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Advanced

Cut her some slack. I NEVER had a girl that could even remember when her inspection stick was up, much less check oil or "heaven forbid" change a tire
Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
:ibtheban:
Old 04-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Intermediate

CHILL. Most women and I even know a lot of men who have no clue nor would they change a tire.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:16 PM
VSA Rocks

I guess it's safe to say no one has used concierge because we're all too busy arguing if a tire should be changed by a woman or not.

Hmmm. I'm trying to make an exuse to use this service for a dinner reservation at an exclusive restaurant.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Wow! Are you serious?
Yes...it happened at end of March 2005, a few weeks after I bought the car. I was disgusted and have not tried their number again.

When nobody answers their hotline, I assume that they are incompetent.

But luckily, I have had no major problems with the car.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Advanced

Red face

You sure you called the right number? I have never had a problem the few times that I have needed to call them.
yes.... I called the right number. I had all the manuals in the car, and the 800 number is also by the window glass!

Who knows...at the time I called them....it may have been a bad day for them. Still...it made me think that I really can't depend on TLC. Gotta have my own backup, eg insurance, or AAA.

Love my TSX though!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Instructor

Don't know about the concierge service, but the emergency roadside assistance works pretty damn well, in my experience (no, not my accidents).
Agreed. Flat tire (plus some damage to wheel) in the middle of nowhere. Answered immediately. 35 minutes for service to come, with calls every 30 minutes to check in.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay as far as changing a tire, I would call someone else to do it in certain circumstances, even though I have experience in repair cars. This includes I'm wearing nice clothes or I'm going to eat somewhere (like ribs or something) and prefer not to get my hands grimey from the tires. I have gone right after a school session in auto class, and ate with my hands (even though I have washed the hell out of them with that liquid orangy lava soap that they have) and tasted that nasty, oily, metally taste in my food. And for those that say use gloves, yeah I do, but they tear also when reaching in between confined spaces to say reach a bolt or whatever else, which is usually the case in Japanese cars.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by goddsmack
Okay as far as changing a tire, I would call someone else to do it in certain circumstances, even though I have experience in repair cars. This includes I'm wearing nice clothes or I'm going to eat somewhere (like ribs or something) and prefer not to get my hands grimey from the tires. I have gone right after a school session in auto class, and ate with my hands (even though I have washed the hell out of them with that liquid orangy lava soap that they have) and tasted that nasty, oily, metally taste in my food. And for those that say use gloves, yeah I do, but they tear also when reaching in between confined spaces to say reach a bolt or whatever else, which is usually the case in Japanese cars.
If you manage to tear a pair of gloves changing a tire, you're definitely doing something wrong...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by goddsmack
Sheesh. They give you the jack. They give you the spare. And you don't want to get your hands dirty so you can eat ribs? It takes about 15 minutes to change a tire. Why in hell wait around when you can have it done and be on your way? I don't get it.

They used to teach it in drivers ed, but I guess they don't even have drivers ed anymore.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Intermediate

Jesus no kidding!!!

basic life skills ....

Change a tire
swim
make fire
land an airplane

All very usefull
Old 04-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by hostage46
Jesus no kidding!!!

basic life skills ....

Change a tire
swim
make fire
land an airplane

All very usefull
Old 04-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sheesh. They give you the jack. They give you the spare. And you don't want to get your hands dirty so you can eat ribs?
Ribs are greasy anyway so whats the problem

This thread is friggin classic...
Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Team Owner

They used to teach it in drivers ed, but I guess they don't even have drivers ed anymore.
I'm starting to wonder about that as well. I'd swear that the drivers around here probably never passed drivers ed...

Quick Reply: Acura Total Luxury Care