Acura Employee Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura Employee Pricing

Thats right Acura is the doing that now, my dad went to the acura dealership in town and they said this weekend they were starting the Eployee pricing deal. So if you don't have a TSX go and get one!!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like salesman BS to me. Honda hardly EVER discounts anything.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like salesman BS to me. Honda hardly EVER discounts anything.
I definately agree with that one~! Especially a highline brand like Acura. Sounds like a BS scheme to be too!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Instructor

I also call

I just went to carsdirect.com, and all of the makes that are doing the "employee pricing" have the employing pricing in the carsdirect quote. The prices on the TSX and TL are the same as they were 6 months ago (abount $1100 above invoice), meaning they haven't budged. I honestly believe Honda/Acura would allow the company to go under before they would try the desperation pricing that the American manufacturers are doing...
Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HOnda? Employee discount? BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *breath* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH ...AH...HA...AHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanksman!! your safe from this:
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Not happening. I, of all of us here, would know. Seeing as I'm a dealer consultant for Acura.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Instructor

What Honda will do, though, is lend you money at a lower rate of interest as the model year wears on. You feel like you're getting a deal, and the perceived value of the car is maintained, since they didn't discount it. Everybody wins. (Even the interest rate game is relatively new to Honda, though. It seems like they didn't used to have to give hardly any financial incentives, even on the interest rate side.) It's fierce out there right now.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
...Sounds like salesman BS to me. Honda hardly EVER discounts anything.
It may be exactly that: Maybe that one dealership is running such a promotion; not a national thing.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Racer

i was just reporting what the guy told my my dad, i said that can't be true because u guys have had this discution before, but he said it was so i thought i'd post it.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by cconrad
It may be exactly that: Maybe that one dealership is running such a promotion; not a national thing.
Dealerships are not allowed to push a directive that is implying a national event/promotion. American Honda Motor Company doesn't even have "plans" or staged pricing structures like the Big 3 have. They just keep things simple and sell a better product.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Im a BAMF...Bad Ass MoFo

WTF? My dealership never told me anything about that. Hey, China is up for sale for $10. Anyone wanna split it?
Old 07-16-2005, 01:06 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I have some friends from college that went to work at Honda, they didn't get much if any employee pricing. Honda's moto is why give the cars away to employees when we can sell them to full MSRP to the public.

Honda employee discounts don't look like other Big 3 discounts. If any of the big 3 Japanesse offered discounts I would imagine it would be Toyota, since they have become so much larger, their structure is much more like a GM.

Mazda and Mitsu may offer discounts too, but they would reflect more of their Big 3 ownerships I would assume. But this also hurts resale.

Honda would be the last company on Earth to offer discounts.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Honda and Toyota, if they ever offer employee pricing to the geenral population, or big discounts like the Big 3, will ONLY do it if they are about to go under (see: Big 3).

If you sell a quality product and are out-selling the competition by a large margin, why lower the price and make it appear that you're desperate? Would be shooting yourself in the foot, IMO.

The Big 3, and to a lesser extent, their "foreign" children (Mazda, etc...) have to lower their prices through discounts, as they simply cannot give their cars away it seems. People are getting wise to the quality issues and resale value (or lack thereof) of domestics, and thus going for Japanese cars. To still retain ANY market share, you'd have to slash prices by a lot if you're a domestic manufacturer. Anyone who pays full price for a domestic POS (we're not talking their flagship cars here) derseves to -- because they're retarded!!

~Eric
Old 07-16-2005, 01:42 PM
J0E
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
HOnda? Employee discount? BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *breath* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH ...AH...HA...AHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanksman!! your safe from this:

//Begin bragging

I got Employee discount....................cuz i work for the company that owns the dealership I ended up getting my tsx over a g35 because of the interrior stylings of the acura

//end braging
Old 07-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
Dealerships are not allowed to push a directive that is implying a national event/promotion. American Honda Motor Company doesn't even have "plans" or staged pricing structures like the Big 3 have. They just keep things simple and sell a better product.
Sure, but who said that this dealership is implying theirs is a national promotion? I mean, this is all third-hand knowledge anyway. I'm just saying, maybe the kid and his father aren't wrong, and maybe that one dealership is indeed doing some local promo and calling it "employee pricing," ie, the pricing they would give their own local employees. Maybe.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Banned

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I think you dad will be interested to buy
Old 07-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cconrad
Sure, but who said that this dealership is implying theirs is a national promotion? I mean, this is all third-hand knowledge anyway. I'm just saying, maybe the kid and his father aren't wrong, and maybe that one dealership is indeed doing some local promo and calling it "employee pricing," ie, the pricing they would give their own local employees. Maybe.
your probably right, this dealership Acura at Oxmoor is always having sales. But the thing that makes me mad is that they never have any TSXs.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Burning Brakes

doubting that it's acura. but gm and ford have both pulled off the employee discounts and its a HUGEEEEE saving. they limited it to everything except sports cars, so no mustang, gt 40, corvette..

but they were selling brand new sierra's for dirt cheap, it was shocking
Old 07-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Hondaholic

In today's local newspaper, auto section car ads, there were several auto dealers running promotions that headlined in bold letters, 'Employee pricing", or something to that effect.

In addition to the obvious GM, Ford and Chrysler ads, there was Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, VW, Volvo, and yes, you guessed it, Honda and Acura.

When a promotion has as much success as this, everybody wants a piece.........

Oh yeah, Comp USA and a local ham company are alos offering employee pricing for everyone
Old 07-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts

The dealer is offering THEIR employee prices, NOT Acura or Honda employee prices. Its just a scam to bring you in.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Instructor

Exactly what I was trying to say.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:47 PM
No Longer a Poseur

Honda/Acura will never do this (just as their "incentives" are so incredibly rare...for NA cars, they seem to have incentives all the time)....

Acura/Honda just doesn't seem to have enough of a backlog of product to clear to warrant such a public event. The Acura/Honda dealerships I see never have a huge amount of stock (like when my Dad and I were test driving a TSX and TL in May, they said they had 2 TSX SSM Auto's and like 1 TL SSM Auto....but the Fords, GMs, and Chryslers I see around have acres and acres of product still sitting on the lot. That's probably the whole reason they're doing this--they have too much stock, and they want to get started moving in the new stuff. I guess they clearly didn't guage public interest well enough?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thisisntandes
WTF? My dealership never told me anything about that. Hey, China is up for sale for $10. Anyone wanna split it?
I am offering you one dollar.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Form Follows Function

Originally Posted by wclark
Thats right Acura is the doing that now, my dad went to the acura dealership in town and they said this weekend they were starting the Eployee pricing deal. So if you don't have a TSX go and get one!!
Perhaps, in addition to Acura, there is a GM or Ford dealeship under the same ownership? They do have now the "desperation" pricing.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:17 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I GOT IT TOO!!!....... 6 months ago, because I know the owner of my local Acura, HAHAHAHHA~`
Old 07-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Racer

guys i'll show u the letter the dealership sent to my dad, just let me scan it, i'll show u guys in a few
Old 07-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Wink

The VW dealership that sold me my 2001 Turbo Jetta sent me a letter this thursday saying they had "Employee Discounts" on instock cars this weekend only with "this letter"... which was transferable to a friend....

It just so happens that this Thursday I was out test driving TSXs.... Yesterday I went out and traded in my Jetta for a new TSX.. got it for $480 over invoice + new england advertising fees ($200), apparently mandated for all New England Acura dealerships... whatever.. even if I paid $680 over invoice, it's not bad... they gave me all they options at cost (A-Spec susp, underbody kit, fog lights, trunk tray, all-season mats).....
Old 07-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I really must be missing something: If they (anyone) do this employee discount deal, not only they significantly reduce their profit margins, but they are warranting themselves that the months ahead will be dry. If it is true that they might have gotten some people to trade in vehicles when they wouldn't have considered doing so, how many customers did they crop who would have bought the car a few months later anyway, but at also at a regular price?

What will they have to do to keep the sales up in the next year? That is beyond me. I think they are completely thrashing their sales potential for the oncoming months, sales that would be more profitable, what's more.

IMO, the beginning of the end is far behind. We are starting to see the end itself.

Next step...
Old 07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
@ this thread.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kurt_bradley

Not happening. I, of all of us here, would know. Seeing as I'm a dealer consultant for Acura.
Sort of off topic- And I applogize if this has been answered. But what does a "dealer consultant" do? Thinking things like consult on what street corner's are best to push your "product". <Pssttt buddy want to score some TSX?>

Or as a system Edmunds is putting in place, what cars are moving best in what areas and how to adjust pricing to maximize sales/profit, transfer inventory, etc?