Acura Dealer Survey

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 05:54 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura Dealer Survey

Isnt Acura supposed to send a survey to be filled out to grade your dealer? I think they even mentioned this to me when I bought my car. Its been 5 months I've had the car now and still no survey. When do these usually arrive?
Old 12-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I got mine around 2-3 weeks after I got the car.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:03 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
just finished filling mine out, I got it about a month after I got my car.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a phone call from "American Honda" asking about the dealer about a week later. I got some survey too, but I think that was from and 3rd party company and doesn't go back to Honda directly, I haven't filled it out yet though, it looks long.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Banned

I got a phone call.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Bound for Europe

Originally posted by Crazytree
I got a phone call.
me as well. I gave them all "excellent" scores. Now a month later, my car seems to have hit the magic point of rattledom. The bloody thing CREAKS when I'm driving in the u-ground parking at my new pad. I'm serious folks, it bloody well CREAKS very similar to the sound you get when you walk on the second floor of an old ass house. Now I've also got the steering wheel JINGLE(no, not quite a rattle, more of a metallic jingle), the right front dash rattle and the bloody irritating sunroof/headliner rattle which usually gets served with a quick open fist. If I don't get them taken care of soon, my interior will have the shit beaten out of it. To top this off, there is some kind of unremovable film on the windshield and mirrors. When it rains, this film picks up miniscule water droplets, causing oncoming light reflection that makes me wanna cry. Auto Glym glass polish had no effect. If these problems persist, my love affair will soon be dead. The dealer better have his A game on when I show up.

oops...that got WAY off topic. Rant over!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Advanced

My dealer told me they had switched to phone surveys. I got one a few weeks after I bought the car.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:10 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Hmph. I think my dealer is using phone surveys and I missed the call. But you would think they would at least call back. Isnt it mandetory that these things get completed.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by virus7
just finished filling mine out, I got it about a month after I got my car.
I only got a phone call from a female with voice like a teenager. At that time, it's just three days after I bought the car and I gave out all excellent points.

Now I regret it. They should've done the survey later than sooner.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:24 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by algorithm
I only got a phone call from a female with voice like a teenager. At that time, it's just three days after I bought the car and I gave out all excellent points.

Now I regret it. They should've done the survey later than sooner.
ya .. i guess thats the whole idea. Get them when they are happy. But if I get my chance, dont worry i'll let 'em have it!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Burning Brakes

I received a phone call from American Honda. My salesperson got top marks, but the contracts manager got the lowest marks for pulling the typical dealer stunt of trying to sell me overpriced add-ons, etc. Stunts like that cast doubt on an otherwise exemplary dealer. Well, the dealer was fine other than their ordering mishaps.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Intermediate

I haven't received mine yet, but I only got my car last week. When I was at the dealership, the sales manager emphasized that a 5 out of 5 was a passing score, and a 4 out of 5 was a failing score. He told me that if I was satisfied at all with the dealership, I had to give them a 5 because a 4 means something has gone wrong. As I was walking out of the dealership, I heard another salesperson giving the same speech to another customer.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by dunek
I haven't received mine yet, but I only got my car last week. When I was at the dealership, the sales manager emphasized that a 5 out of 5 was a passing score, and a 4 out of 5 was a failing score. He told me that if I was satisfied at all with the dealership, I had to give them a 5 because a 4 means something has gone wrong. As I was walking out of the dealership, I heard another salesperson giving the same speech to another customer.
I had a great rapport with my salesperson, but didn't like the F&I person. So, when they called me about 3 days after I bought my car, I rated the whole experience a 4.5 out of 5 (gave the salesperson a 5, F&I chick a 3). The lady said "you do know that this is [your salesperson's] performance rating, right?" Then I changed it to a 5/5, since I heard their bonuses are tied into it. Anyway, the salesguy called me about 2 weeks after I got the car to ask if I had any questions and his normal enthusiasm was gone. I wonder if it was because of my survey

I really don't like evaluation systems that are designed that pressure people to give very high marks all the time (like 5/5). Not to sound pessimistic, but I don't think I have many 5 star experiences with salespeople/guest speakers/service departments/etc in the average month, period.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:09 AM
The Voice of Reason

Originally posted by jcg878
I really don't like evaluation systems that are designed that pressure people to give very high marks all the time (like 5/5). Not to sound pessimistic, but I don't think I have many 5 star experiences with salespeople/guest speakers/service departments/etc in the average month, period.
I'd agree and I really don't think I needed a salesperson!

I don't like incentive systems that have no correlation with anything anyone is actually responsible for; 5 years ago incentive/performance bonus money was flowing like water, today we're lucky if we don't get taken out to the woods and shot. What happened? The once-booming economy fell into a normal cyclical recession, and then the nascent economic recovery was smothered when 19 idiots used Boeing jetliners with full fuel tanks as guided missiles. Anything there that was under my direct or indirect control? No.

And not that I was working any harder back then, in fact the opposite was probably true.

In the past I incorrectly assumed that such survey systems were designed to compile useful information that would then be used to improve the service. Not so.

I'm not about to take food out of the mouths of my salesperson's kids just because I didn't need a salesperson. So all "5"s it is, if they ever get around to sending me the questionaire!
Old 12-03-2003, 09:12 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
7 months+ and still no survey either. fdl, maybe its a Acura 2000 thing, but I thought Acura Canada sent out the survey?
Old 05-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

Sorry to drudge up an old thread, but I figured it'd be better than starting a new one.

Just sent in my new vehicle survey to an Acura address in Woodland Hills, CA. It was easy to be honest about the very pleasant purchasing experience. They also had a section about internet research and its relevance in the buying decision.

[Rant]
It'll also be easy to be honest if I receive a service dept. survey as well, but for opposite reasons. These guys couldn't successfully complete a pretty easy accessory install, and the entire logistical experience, from poor communication to the ratty loaner vehicle, left a bad taste in my mouth. A far cry from the feedback I've gotten from friends who own other "premium" brands, a la Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi. Seems, at least at this dealer, they have more of a Honda perspective than what I've gathered from other local Acura stores, and the first impression was poor enough to ensure there won't be a second.
[/Rant] Sorry.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:37 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Same thread here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...threadid=30722

The scoring system is really wrong. If you didn't get your survey you either never answered the phone or got kinked!