Acura Care Extended Warranty Special

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Care Extended Warranty Special

AZer's!

As a sponsor here, I am happy to offer to you a special on extending your warranty through Acura Care. If you email me your vin and miles (or year and miles), I'll get you Acura care, Acura's own extended service plan, for $150 over cost. Your car must still be within the factory 4yr/50k mile warranty to qualify for coverage. Email me directly @ gstirnaman@prestigeacura.com, and I'll get right back to you with your options and costs.

Good luck and good driving!

Greg
Old 05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
hmm. i heard internet sales are not allowed on acuracare.
http://www..org/forums/printthread.p...threadid=31479
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when they asked me to extend; they said my car was modified too much. lol. =(
Old 05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Honda has not put that rule into effect yet as a result of a lawsuit by dealers. Laws very by state, (Ca/FL customers must by from Ca/FL dealers only), but Acura honors all warranty sales.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Your modifications would not be covered, nor would the failure of a covered component if caused by a modified part, but the rest of the car would be...
Old 05-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by vthree
when they asked me to extend; they said my car was modified too much. lol. =(
what do you mean by "modified too much?"

i'm thinking about getting the acura care extended plan because im about to hit the 50k in about another 2k miles.
i just dropped the car on tein basics and rewired my fog lights, do you think it's "too modified"?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Nubasaurs... you should be fine. Like I told vthree, the modifications won't be covered, and if they cause the failure of a covered component it would likewise not be covered. But everything not effected by the mod's would be covered for the term of the extended warranty. Email me @ gstirnaman@prestigeacura.com with your vin and miles and I'll email you back your options and costs.

Greg
Old 05-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greg - I sent you an email today. Did you get it?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Cruisin'

Can i purchase this if i am in Canada?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately, no. Canadian warranties are limited and must be sold by Canadian dealers. Sorry...
Old 05-24-2009, 12:56 PM
10th Gear

damn i just bought a cpo 06 with 54k on it so i guess im SOL huh?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga
damn i just bought a cpo 06 with 54k on it so i guess im SOL huh?

Program on the Certified cars are different and must be purchased at the time of purchase and from the dealer that sold the car, unless the car is still within the factory 4/50. If you just bought it, the dealer may be able to set it up for you, but you'd have to hurry.
Best of luck!
Greg
Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor

TSXer's!

There is unfortunately a time limit to the special. I am leaving the employ of Prestige Acura on the 13th of this month. If you want to get the warranty special, please email me @ gstirnaman@prestigeacura.com before the 11th, as I will need time to get them registered for you. Thanks, and best of luck to you all!

Greg
Old 06-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Advanced

I got 90k mile on my car, my existing acura cares exprires in 115k, can i buy and extension on top of that ?
Old 06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by narutobear
I got 90k mile on my car, my existing acura cares exprires in 115k, can i buy and extension on top of that ?
Sorry, there is no program for that. The Acura Care is only available until the original 4/50 factory warranty expires.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have a special for Honda's? My TSX is very modified and well outside the requirements. Figured I'd ask for my wife's 2009 Pilot Touring.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AcuraF&IGuy
Sorry, there is no program for that. The Acura Care is only available until the original 4/50 factory warranty expires.
so there are no extension to any acura care? that sucks.. oh well, at least the car runs great.. thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
for EVER more!

wow, pricing is pretty good for 48k mi more of coverage... pretty tempting, maybe we dont need it?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Still Lovin my 06

these things are pure profit for the dealers and acura. i'd love to know the definition of "cost". lol.

waste of money.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Hm. Prestige Acura. I would consider this offer if I had a 1G TSX. If only...

Oh well... I don't.

Come to think of it, I'd probably have one if Prestige Acura didn't try screwing me with a ~26k + fees 2007 TSX yesterday (scratches and all; only down to ~24.5k + fees as best offer)...

Good luck selling that thing at that ridiculous price. A few thousand off the price when the car was new? Yeah right. Either the auction price was a total screw job, or there is some serious greediness going on.

Either way I doubt I'll be doing business with Prestige Acura anytime soon. In fact I'd have a real hard time bringing myself to buying anything at Hansel Automotive at this point.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
for EVER more!

Acura F&I guy - Return my emails please!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Spurfan15,

Sorry, wasn't trying to screw you or anyone else. And I am far from greedy. The car books for $25655, $243XX+fees is a very fair price, especially with Navi and certified and only 16k miles...You didn't really think you could get it for 19000, did you?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bradykp
these things are pure profit for the dealers and acura. i'd love to know the definition of "cost". lol.

waste of money.
They can be, until something goes wrong and you have to shell out $2400 for a major repair instead of dropping off the keys and saying fix it, having it done and driving home. Honda/Acura are great cars and very reliable, but they are still built by men and have issues now and then. Better safe than sorry. I've had numerous customers tell me they'd rather have it and never need it, than need it and not have it. The choice is yours, but they are far from a waste of money, nor are they "pure profit".
Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Spurfan15,

Sorry, wasn't trying to screw you or anyone else. And I am far from greedy. The car books for $25655, $243XX+fees is a very fair price, especially with Navi and certified and only 16k miles...You didn't really think you could get it for 19000, did you?
Oh ok, that makes sense. That explains everything. That must be why Santa Monica Acura has two 2007 CPO TSXs w/ Nav and ~19k miles stickering for 23,993. And why Las Vegas Acura has one that fits the same profile for 23,987. Oh and here are two CPO 2007 TSX's at Findlay Acura 18.1k miles and 17.7k miles stickering for 22.9 and 21.9. Oh but they aren't nav, and that must be worth at least 3-4k or so. The nav system actually appreciates in value over time... electronics tend to do that. And that must be why whenever I look on autotrader or cars.com, Prestige Acura is so frequently at or near the top of the list! (When I sort by highest price)

I also forgot to mention, that explains why on AcuraZine community when I asked about reasonable prices for that car, and looked at threads about 2006/2007 TSXs, the general consensus was 21-22k out the door, and that 26k, and even 24,3xx were "redonkulous" prices as one poster put it.

KBB and you can say what they want, but all I know is the car is two years old, it had several minor but evident scratches and small defects inside and out, and the general consensus on this community and based on other dealer prices (which are always advertised on the high end anyway) is that the car is overpriced by quite a bit. I wasn't going to pay 26k and not even 24,3xx, not even close. Not when people were getting the same car, brand new, for 27-28k in 2006/2007, and when others have successfully picked up comparable 07's for 21-22k OTD.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Dude! Relax. If I can't sell you mine for that, drive all the way down there. I encourage you. Internet prices aren't stick prices, and you still won't be able to buy one for 19k out the door anyway, but enjoy the drive. If I could have done it, I would have, simply because I am leaving this dealership anyway! What do I care about grossing out 1 stinking deal!? I won't work here next week anyway. Have a good drive to So Cal, and good luck.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Dude! Relax. If I can't sell you mine for that, drive all the way down there. I encourage you. Internet prices aren't stick prices, and you still won't be able to buy one for 19k out the door anyway, but enjoy the drive. If I could have done it, I would have, simply because I am leaving this dealership anyway! What do I care about grossing out 1 stinking deal!? I won't work here next week anyway. Have a good drive to So Cal, and good luck.
My failed attempt to buy the car didn't piss me off at all, the whole thing has just disappointed and surprised me. Look, I've spent around 3-4 years researching cars, trying to find the right one at the right time. I finally decided to just take a shot at getting a 1G TSX, so it was very disappointing for it to not work out. That's all. And I was surprised because the price was drastically higher than I was expecting -- I'm not looking for one at 19k OTD, I was hoping to get one for 21-22k OTD, which seems reasonable to me, especially in the present economy.

To be honest, I've liked Prestige Acura for the most part -- that's why I went there to buy a car. What I said before was based on prices and one purchase attempt, and was probably uncalled for. I do think that Honda/Acura have a surprisingly bad dealer network (horrible oversight in my opinion), but most of my experiences at Prestige were positive. Your staff are friendly and likable, and I commend you on that. I didn't experience the outright abuse I was dealt at Pleasanton Acura, or the overtly smiley tactics I experienced at Oakland Acura. I did, however, feel that for whatever reason, the car I was attempting to buy was overpriced. I may still spend 30k on a new car, but I refuse to buy a car I feel is overpriced. That's all. Obviously it's completely your right to sell the car for the price you want to. If you own it for 23k and can't go lower than 24.3k because of that, I can accept that, I just won't buy the vehicle.

Would I drive down to SoCal to buy a car? Yes, if the right opportunity presented itself. Am I going to for a used TSX? Maybe, but maybe not. I still think it's a nice vehicle, but I've had second thoughts about it since looking at that 2007 and making a purchase attempt. For now I'll continue my endless search for the right car.

Best of luck wherever you're headed after leaving Prestige, Greg, and sorry if my rants went over the top.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Still Lovin my 06

They can be, until something goes wrong and you have to shell out $2400 for a major repair instead of dropping off the keys and saying fix it, having it done and driving home. Honda/Acura are great cars and very reliable, but they are still built by men and have issues now and then. Better safe than sorry. I've had numerous customers tell me they'd rather have it and never need it, than need it and not have it. The choice is yours, but they are far from a waste of money, nor are they "pure profit".
i used to work for circuit city selling the extended warranties there. when all was said and done, they were somewhere around 95% profit for CC. Bottom line is - the dealers would not be selling them if they weren't extremely profitable.

How much would one cost anyways? I'll take the dollar amount of the cost of the warranty and put it in a high yield savings account. For every car I own that doesn't break down and require a $2,000+ repair, i could add to the savings account and build my own "extended" warranty fund that i can leave to my kids when 1 out of the 30 or so cars i own over my lifetime ends up needing a $2,500 repair....