Acura called to thank me for buying the TSX but...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Acura called to thank me for buying the TSX but...

... I don't even have it yet! They called me at work to do a survey of the experience with my dealer and I told 'em that first of all I don't have my ride yet. Secondly, they may want to talk to the dealer about padding numbers on sales that haven't been finalized yet - if that's where they got my phone number from. I then asked, when's my car going to arrive? She stuttered and said she didn't know. Asked me when it was supposed to arrive... I replied "last month" she said "oh." I asked "so can you give me a date?" she replied "sorry, i'm just in the survey department. I'll call you back at a later date <click>"

damn!

I wonder if I'll end up going to the dealership and not having to pay for the car. Maybe it's one of those visa win whatyou buy contests. Yup, I'm putting half the price of the car on visa and paying that sucka off right away! All about getting my aeroplan points heh!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro

you shouldve told them that their delivery process sucks...you were very displeased...lol.....
Old 12-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by helraiser
... I don't even have it yet! They called me at work to do a survey of the experience with my dealer and I told 'em that first of all I don't have my ride yet. Secondly, they may want to talk to the dealer about padding numbers on sales that haven't been finalized yet - if that's where they got my phone number from. I then asked, when's my car going to arrive? She stuttered and said she didn't know. Asked me when it was supposed to arrive... I replied "last month" she said "oh." I asked "so can you give me a date?" she replied "sorry, i'm just in the survey department. I'll call you back at a later date <click>"

damn!

I wonder if I'll end up going to the dealership and not having to pay for the car. Maybe it's one of those visa win whatyou buy contests. Yup, I'm putting half the price of the car on visa and paying that sucka off right away! All about getting my aeroplan points heh!
That is interesting. For me my purchase decision came down between the TSX and WRX. I had planned on closing a deal on the WRX and only went to the Acura dealer to rule out the TSX. Ended up leaving the Acura dealer with the TSX on the same visit.

I have heard nothing from my TSX dealer since, oddly I had a very nice call from Subaru wondering why I didn’t buy the WRX.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by polytsx
That is interesting. For me my purchase decision came down between the TSX and WRX. I had planned on closing a deal on the WRX and only went to the Acura dealer to rule out the TSX. Ended up leaving the Acura dealer with the TSX on the same visit.

I have heard nothing from my TSX dealer since, oddly I had a very nice call from Subaru wondering why I didn’t buy the WRX.
i think the call he got was from the main acura headquarters and not the dealership...i got that call too about a couple weeks after i got the car and it was from someone other then the dealership
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Pro

yeah it was a call from Acura Canada. I should've asked them where my tsx was but I was at work dealing with a lot of other ish... besides, they wanted to do a survey so i doubted they'd have anything productive to give me. I'm hoping today's the day though... come on baby, daddy needs a new car!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
We got a call like that when we got our TSX. Also got a paper survey in the mail a bit after that. Odd thing was it asked if the VIN on our car matched the VIN on the survey,............it didnt match. I was like,.wtf,....I left the survey with my dad and I dunno what he did with it. I will ask him today if I remember.