Acura Brand

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ck123
^agreed...acura went more with sport with their integra line, therefore ruined their name. Lexus from the start made only luxury cars which help build up their reputation.
According to Acura's website, Acura was the first Japanese luxury car brand. They were going for luxury from the very start, but they call it "luxury performance". Thus, I think the company's intention is to make luxury cars that are enjoyable to drive...the japanese ultimate driving machine ;-)

Since Lexus came after Acura...they already could see what works and what doesn't.

I'm sure in a few years, Acura will have more respect (although it already has respect)
Old 06-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
What do you think about Hyundai & Kia. For decades, korean cars were known to be horrible. Now-a-days, they seem to have cleaned up their image a little (in 2003, their reliability rating tied with Honda...(click here) ). Back in 2001/2002, I rode in my friend's Hyundai, and it felt solid and luxurious. Their cars are dirt cheap, but I don't think it's because of cheap parts.

Now, I won't consider owning a korean car any time soon (grew up in a generation that saw it's problems)...but the generation of tomorrow might just well be future owners of korean cars.

The price of a car isn't indicative of it's build quality. It has alot to do with name brand. My dad wanted me to buy an older, low-end bmw instead of my TSX. Considering that my dad's bmw has tons of problems, I think I'll stick with Honda/Acura for now.
ok...so price does not = parts quality...
and we all believe that Acura is making quality car with high quality material...

I just see alot of double standard on this thread....
i wonder why there are several thread states that: my tsx has cheap parts or TSX has cheaped out something......(do a search you probably would find several)

when someone get whatever BMW new car people start to go "Oh shit that's sick I wish I have that..." and I aint one of them.....=_=|||
Old 06-26-2006, 05:06 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well If I saw this '50's BMW Isetta passing by while I'm in my TSX.....

Old 06-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
The answer...they don't test drive the car, they just get in line and buy it.

.[/B]

I experinced the same thing. I went twice in two weeks to test drive a is250 and each time i was told that they didnt have any in. i asked when they would have the next shipment and they informed me that all the ones comming in were pre-sold for the next month at the current time. I dont see how so many people could but a car with out ever test driving one.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by kyotousa
and we all believe that Acura is making quality car with high quality material...

i wonder why there are several thread states that: my tsx has cheap parts or TSX has cheaped out something......(do a search you probably would find several)

when someone get whatever BMW new car people start to go "Oh shit that's sick I wish I have that..." and I aint one of them.....=_=|||
Grass is always greener on the other side.

People just need to go out and drive enough cars that there is no other side. Then they will understand.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You forgot about factoring in where these parts are sourced from and where they are assembled. Euro makes have the disadvantage (like the U.S. makes) of high cost labor. A quality part made and sourced in Europe probably costs a lot more than a part of same quality made in Asia, south America, or even the U.S. That's probably why prices for the X5 are so competitive...they're assembled in the U.S. You think these euro-makes are gonna eat the higher labor costs? Hell no, they're gonna pass it on to the buyer.

To me, "cheap" is purely price. If one costs less, it is "cheaper". Quality can be higher or lower or the same, whatever...if it costs less, it is "cheaper".

An Asian producer can make a product of the same or higher quality, yet cost less. It is "cheaper". It's just that Amerikanz are brainwashed into always thinking higher price equates to higher quality...and the Euro makes use this to their advantage.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
Instead of trying to defend Acura like everyone else, I have to say that even though Acura markets itself as a competitor to Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Audi, and etc, it just doesn't carry the same prestige as them. Please note that this has NOTHING to do with the quality of the brand but the image/social status of the Acura brand. As to why, I have no idea...but there's no doubt Acura isn't as luxurious as other brands in the minds of many consumers. And since most consumers are ignorant and brainwashed by the media, I guess it doesn't really matter.
i agree... i successfully brainwashed my wife for getting a TSX. now working on RDX or MDX. i have kick MB, BMW and Audo out of list but Lexus is tough to kick.... Acurs do not have prestage feeling, is that the result when you let engineer runs the company?
Old 06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
No, I understood what you're trying to say. You're trying to say that because Acura sells its cars for a lower price, they are cutting corners in terms of quality. This simply isn't the case. The fact that BMW and MB charge such ridiculous premiums for their cars is because people bestow upon them that image of being a premium brand. It doesn't mean they actually have better quality. The $48k MSRP RL is simply as good a car as the MB E320 4MATIC or the BMW 530ix that both cost nearly $10k more with the same options. The price difference is nearly entirely the result of "image" and not quality.

You have to understand that in the automotive industry, there are a lot of ways to cut costs besides reducing quality.
agree-
i came cross a study on the auto industry actually show Honda's average profit per car is less than some such as Toyota. while Nissan as the highest profit per car in 2005... and the way Honda "no option" strategy cut cost at production and result less problem per car.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
They try to pass it off as "character" but it really is just their advertising to get people to buy their cars.
or "quirks," as some members in some german car forums would like to label them as...

i've never owned a german car, as the tsx is my first car. but, some of the rhetoric used in car forums, acurazine included, can be entertaining...
Old 06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Race Director

The only reason why some people think the Acura brand isn't as prestigious as BMW and Mercedes is because only recently has Acura tried to make their own identity separate from Honda.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:20 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Not Specified
I was recently shopping around for a car, and when i went into Audi, BMW and Lexus dealers and bring up the TL and the TSX, their response was that "Acura isn't really considered a high-end brand." I've heard this several times and I wonder why they say that? Does it have to do with FWD and badge engineering?

So the dealer, is telling you, the CONSUMER what is and isn't high end. Thats great stuff.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Not Specified
I was recently shopping around for a car, and when i went into Audi, BMW and Lexus dealers and bring up the TL and the TSX, their response was that "Acura isn't really considered a high-end brand." I've heard this several times and I wonder why they say that? Does it have to do with FWD and badge engineering?
i think they arguably have a point, simply because the acura vehicles are built on the honda platform.

but then again, at one point lexus was that way, and audi's are very similar to their vq counterparts. i think acura is slowly moving towards the separation that will earn the full respect, but the other companies will always be jealous of honda.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
Almost everyone knows what a Honda is...and those who know Honda, usually know what Acura is. My family was trying to talk me out of buying an Acura because they thought it was way too expensive/high-end.

Everyone has their idea of what high-end should be. Acura is the high-end line of Honda. bmw/benz/audi people consider high-end very expensive and more horse power.

Back when I used to commute 25 miles a day, about 80% of the cars I saw that were broken down at the side of the freeway were bmw...

My dad will never ride in a Japanese-made car...he's all about american and german cars. The funny thing is that all of his cars keep having problems. He also complains about problems coming back after he's spent hundreds of dollars to have it fixed
i think a lot of people differentiate the other brands because they have their own platforms. it's a significant difference if you think about it.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
I think my TSX has styling that's on par with my (daily driver) Bugatti Veyron....
Old 06-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
The only reason why some people think the Acura brand isn't as prestigious as BMW and Mercedes is because only recently has Acura tried to make their own identity separate from Honda.
wat the hell?
did you even read the thread?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bradykp
i think a lot of people differentiate the other brands because they have their own platforms. it's a significant difference if you think about it.
Besides BMW and Mercedes (up until recently), all the other brands were using shared platforms.

MB now shares some platforms and parts with Chrysler.

Audi still shares platforms and parts with VW.

Lexus, us until very recently, shared much of the platforms and parts with Toyota.

Nissan and Infiniti had almost identical vehicles until the buyout by Renault.

Plus, most consumers are totally unaware of the platform sharing between brands. In fact, a lot of people still actually do not know that Acura is owned by Honda, Infiniti by Nissan, and Lexus by Toyota.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Race Director

wat the hell?
did you even read the thread?
yes i did and that is my opinion. btw, what is with the Acura/Honda bashing?

Are you Japanese? Your username is Kyoto, which is a region in Japan. Do you detest your own Japanese car companies?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Burning Brakes

yes i did and that is my opinion. btw, what is with the Acura/Honda bashing?

Are you Japanese? Your username is Kyoto, which is a region in Japan. Do you detest your own Japanese car companies?
If you did read the thread....i remember some posts state that Acura is the first to come in US? It's a fact....if it's a fact then how can you still have an opinion?

why is truth bashing??
i already see several posts states that MB and BMW indeed has superior name than Acura....and now we move on to built quality...=_=||

MB, BMW, and Lexus has superior name so what?
I know what I want...so I bought TSX.
I aint't going to be stupid and state the wrong answer when someone ask me the question, just because I love my car...
Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Burning Brakes

I don't even know how we can even compare build quality

people might think I was trying to say Acura use cheaper parts.....

First of all
I was just asking if all Acura's car raise their price to Lexus, BMW, and MB's level would anyone buy them? and no one answered

lets just say
35-42 = tsx
50-52 = TL
62-64 = RL

I thought it's a stupid question so later I edited my post to add that money and build quality part....

personally I owned Avalon (4yrs), GS300 (1yr), and TSX(1yr)
GS300 use better material....better sound system, leather, windshield wiper, AC system (heat up fast and cool fast), not sure about wood trim.....

I trade that in for 26,000 and got TSX non-Nav...

I don't understand why everyone start bashing MB and BMW....it's quite funny to see those post....cuz seems like lot of people in this forum want one =_=|||

===========
stating wrong answer is like Korean states that they win the World Cup when they lose to Sweden 0:2....quite funny btw..=_=|||
Old 06-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
I don't understand why everyone start bashing MB and BMW....it's quite funny to see those post....cuz seems like lot of people in this forum want one
Whats even more hilarious is the number of trolls that come along and believe members here have never owned BMWs, Audi's, Lexus's, Volvos. These people never owned a BMW or Benz and yet they defend it... I don't know what's more funny, defending a car you've never had the experience of owning or putting down the car you do "own"....classic.

It'll be interesting to watch this train wreck of an argument....
Old 06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Whats even more hilarious is the number of trolls that come along and believe members here have never owned BMWs, Audi's, Lexus's, Volvos. These people never owned a BMW or Benz and yet they defend it... I don't know what's more funny, defending a car you've never had the experience of owning or putting down the car you do "own"....classic.

It'll be interesting to watch this train wreck of an argument....
sorry my dad owns it..MB E320....besides I owned Lexus G300 (learn to read thx)
for me drive a car couple of times dosent really count as know the built quality.....

family own.. Volvo, BMW 5 sereis (old)
rode actually go on freeway not just sit in, MB 320 (old), CL (320), Jaguar, 7 series, S500.

Sorry none of my friends or family are rich enough to drive Mayback or Rolls Royce...=_=|||

btw why do you need to own something to know if it's high end brand?
do you think Ferrari or Rolls is low end brand?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Safety Car

(learn to read thx)
These people never owned a BMW or Benz and yet they defend it...
Maybe you should learn to read, eh swifty? No no, thank you.

So you've never owned a BMW or Benz, but your parents have. Like I said, this person has never owned a BMW or Benz and yet he defends it on an Acura board. If it walks like a troll, talks like a troll... well you know the rest....

Sad...oh well carry on with the train wreck...
Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Maybe you should learn to read, eh swifty? No no, thank you.

So you've never owned a BMW or Benz, but your parents have. Like I said, this person has never owned a BMW or Benz and yet he defends it on an Acura board. If it walks like a troll, talks like a troll... well you know the rest....

Sad...oh well carry on with the train wreck...
lol...this is funny
so I never own one.....I can't think it's higher class than my car?
If I own a Neon I can't think TSX is higher class than my Neon?

btw when did i talk down to TSX
in fact I traded my Lexus for TSX......so you need to learn to read...thx

why don't u reply to all my msg instead of just 1 sentence huh?
haha
Old 06-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Safety Car

why don't u reply to all my msg instead of just 1 sentence huh?
Don't need to...isn't it obvious, like your motives?

....there I did it again. haha. Feel free to rip this engaging argument to shreds.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Don't need to...isn't it obvious, like your motives?

....there I did it again. haha. Feel free to rip this engaging argument to shreds.
glad to...what is my motive?

i did it again....lets see how low you willing to go
Old 06-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Safety Car

lets see how low you willing to go
Who's going "low"? What are you talking about? Internet low blows?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 06-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Who's going "low"? What are you talking about? Internet low blows?
why did you reply? lol

i got time...it's summer in TX I don't go out till 9...
Old 06-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Race Director

Btw, BMW sucks kyotousa, with the exception of the M3 and M5. The 3 series is all hype and I'd rather shop smart than try to be all name brand consious.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jlukja
What can I say, Im not buzy at work. Someone lock this thread, troll play can be an addiction sometimes.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Btw, BMW sucks kyotousa, with the exception of the M3 and M5. The 3 series is all hype and I'd rather shop smart than try to be all name brand consious.
yah it sux..that's why i didn't buy it.....
who cares...
the thread is about Acura brand not as high class as BMW
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

What can I say, Im not buzy at work. Someone lock this thread, troll play can be an addiction sometimes.
seriously huh.....damn troll
Old 06-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Enough of this.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Team Owner

Man...what is wrong with some you people...

Reading comprehension > *
Writing comprehension > *

Stop feeding the trolls! If they don't shut up, just ignore them.