About to buy a new tsx, Please help???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to buy a new tsx, Please help???

About to Buy my new TSX... I Need Advice???
I am a 25 year old female who has really no clue about cars, however I went and test drove the tsx and fell in LOVE!!! I have been doing some research on this car and have decided to purchase the TSX. I want the 6speed manual trans. w/ Navigation system in Carbon Grey Pearl, with Ebony interior. Any advice. I currently own an '89 Toyota Corolla SR5, so this will be my first NEW CAR!!! I would like to know anything and everything I should know before buying this car. I love my exterior color choice, but is quartz or ebony nicer??? I put my deposit down today just to order the car. I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! Please, any advice would be GREAT!!! By the way, just a quick question...what's the difference between the tsx and the tl??? Thanks...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
If you just browse some of the more meanigfully titled threads you can learn just about anything about the car. Welcome to the site.

I'm sure others will chime in here shortly.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
dui
2nd Gear

I got my CG/Ebony/NAVI since last June and am loving it ever since. My only advice is that if you are lazy, Ebony may accumulate dust quite quickly and obviously. Just keep some dust wipes handy and it'll look nice again
Also, remember to wipe some leather protectant to the leather surfaces to keep them look soft and fresh for the life of the car.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Cruisin'

I've got a CG/Quartz TSX and think the contrast is more pleasing than CG/black, but it's clearly a matter of taste.

The TL is bigger, more powerful, and more expensive but doesn't handle as well. Consumer Reports loves the TL. Car and Driver loves the TSX.

Good luck!!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Spooooooon !

Re: About to buy a new tsx, Please help???

Originally posted by dolphin21e
I am a 25 year old female who has really no clue about cars, however I went and test drove the tsx and fell in LOVE!!! I have been doing some research on this car and have decided to purchase the TSX. I want the 6speed manual trans. w/ Navigation system in Carbon Grey Pearl, with Ebony interior. Any advice. I currently own an '89 Toyota Corolla SR5, so this will be my first NEW CAR!!! I would like to know anything and everything I should know before buying this car. I love my exterior color choice, but is quartz or ebony nicer??? I put my deposit down today just to order the car. I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! Please, any advice would be GREAT!!! By the way, just a quick question...what's the difference between the tsx and the tl??? Thanks...

This is all that need be said....

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summ...4&modelid=7070

(check out the pros and cons)

Old 04-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro

CONGRATULATIONS. I've had the car since last aug, never have I regret buying it. I LOVE IT! My advice... be ready for lots of compliments!!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a CG/QTZ and I luv it...originally I wanted CG/EBONY because I was afraid the QTZ would mark/scuff easily...but that hasn't been the case and I'm glad I got the quartz due to the hot temperatures down in FL. enjoy!
Old 04-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If you haven't already I would go to edmunds.com and lookup the tsx. I think edmunds is one of the best car sites on the net.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:46 PM
10th Gear

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dolphin21e
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by TSX BASHER
and for acura to price this crap 27,000$ ????? are you kidding let me tell you all this, take a GOOD look at what kinda other cars you can buy with 27,000 YES including all the standard features the TSX has.

take the 2004 Accord EX V6 WITH NAVI you could most prob get this car for 27,000 if not take away the NAVI and you can get it for 26,000 it handles just as well and is ALOT faster,, throw some Sweet 17inch rims on the accord maybe drop it a half inch or inch and it will look just as sweet as the TSX but with more power and a NAVI ,,,which is another 2 grand on the TSX

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but dolphin21e and TSX BASHER must have been seperated at birth. Either that, or they had the same high school english teacher...

Anyway, Edmunds is a good place to start. www.edmunds.com. Lots of reviews, pictures, and prices. Good luck.

Even if this thread is bogus, it's cool that people here on this board are still helpful to all the newcomers. /cheers
Old 04-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't see the connection with TSX BASHER and dolphin21e but my list of users that are probably the same person is pretty long:

TDOZZER
TAR
TSEAN
TSX BASHER
Okie