2008 TSX Sedan!!! WHAT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, in all fairness, these CGI's were just created by an illustrator at a magazine. We'll have to wait and see what Acura's designers actually have in mind...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, that is a great looking car.....if it looks close to that and has lots more power in the production model, i'll probably get one...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:06 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

I guess I'm the only one who hates these concept designs, eh? LOL... personally, I think they look awfully "American" --- it reminds me an awful lot of a Pontiac G6. Even still, the possibility of a turbo'd AWD 4-banger intrigues me... I just really hope the production car makes a nice departure from an aesthetics point of view.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Btw... did you guys read the TSX thread on that TOV page? It's quite a debate on the usefulness and point of putting a turbo in the TSX. Reading this thread, everyone seems STOKED about the possible turbo...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by amadeus303
Btw... did you guys read the TSX thread on that TOV page? It's quite a debate on the usefulness and point of putting a turbo in the TSX. Reading this thread, everyone seems STOKED about the possible turbo...
A lot of the participants at TOV are idiots. They actually think that transplanting the RDX engine into a car with substantially better aerodynamics and nearly 700 lbs less weight will still result in the same gas mileage as the RDX.

Tuning the new K23 to get 30+ mpg in the TSX should not be hard. Even a mild adjustment to the tuning to push 260 hp and 240 lb-ft (instead of the reverse in the RDX) will give decent fuel mileage figures. Plus, the plumbing needed for the turbo charger will require less weight than a V6 motor, allowing the TSX to keep its nimble feel. As for SH-AWD, I can go either way on that one. I don't feel like I need it, but I'm certainly not going to say no if they include it standard.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Um ok is it me or does the TSX kinda look like the Mazda 3. I mean the pic looks real hot but uh yeah still kinda looks like Mazda 3.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
i would take the turbo 4 and make it RWD...

I could care less for SH-AWD if they offered a pure RWD option....
Old 09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
A lot of the participants at TOV are idiots. They actually think that transplanting the RDX engine into a car with substantially better aerodynamics and nearly 700 lbs less weight will still result in the same gas mileage as the RDX.

Tuning the new K23 to get 30+ mpg in the TSX should not be hard. Even a mild adjustment to the tuning to push 260 hp and 240 lb-ft (instead of the reverse in the RDX) will give decent fuel mileage figures. Plus, the plumbing needed for the turbo charger will require less weight than a V6 motor, allowing the TSX to keep its nimble feel. As for SH-AWD, I can go either way on that one. I don't feel like I need it, but I'm certainly not going to say no if they include it standard.
I agree the fuel economy will be better for the TSX. I gotta believe that the AWD system will take away some fuel economy though. Probably a small drop from the turbo as well. Maybe put the car in the 19-20 city and 26-27 hwy range? I would be happy with the compromise though to have the low range torque for every day driving and the high revving bliss on occasion.

FWD is more than adequate for my current TSX and wouldn't want an AWD system for the present motor. I guess for the increased torque steer of the turbo it would be nice. Having no test drives with the "super handling" portion of the system, I'm left to only guess at it's benefits.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:23 PM
darealest1

Originally Posted by savage
i would take the turbo 4 and make it RWD...

I could care less for SH-AWD if they offered a pure RWD option....
That won'thappen because sh-awd can be applied to the current fwd platform to make all wheel drive, but rwd will require a whole new platform, which honda will not do when it already has a fwd platform that is uses for several cars, like the accord.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by darealest1
That won'thappen because sh-awd can be applied to the current fwd platform to make all wheel drive, but rwd will require a whole new platform, which honda will not do when it already has a fwd platform that is uses for several cars, like the accord.
Why is a front wheel drive car easier to make AWD rather than RWD?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I believe he's saying it's easier/more economically feasible to adapt the current FWD to AWD than to make a pure RWD.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I just hope the awd configeration doesn't add too much weight ... that's always been a complaint with audis
Old 09-21-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 690 Likes on 415 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Why is a front wheel drive car easier to make AWD rather than RWD?
I don't think any FWD car is easier to make AWD, it's just that Acura's SH-AWD is designed for front-drive platforms. If you read about it, it actually uses only the front wheels (or mostly) when driving at constant speed, like a FWD car. In certain situations, like under acceleration or cornering, it puts torque at the rear. It's not mean to put power to the rear wheels at all times.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:28 PM
darealest1

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
I don't think any FWD car is easier to make AWD, it's just that Acura's SH-AWD is designed for front-drive platforms. If you read about it, it actually uses only the front wheels (or mostly) when driving at constant speed, like a FWD car. In certain situations, like under acceleration or cornering, it puts torque at the rear. It's not mean to put power to the rear wheels at all times.

That is very true. Also, its very expensive to develop a new rwd platform to be used only for one car when you already mass produce the fwd platform used that they can use sh-awd on. Its as much a matter of cost effectiveness as anything else.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like the 2008 will not be a FI (Turbo) according to Vtec.net

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=618899
Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by moda_way
Looks like the 2008 will not be a FI (Turbo) according to Vtec.net

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=618899
Ugh...can you imagine NO V6 AND NO Turbo? It would shatter my dreams. I am really hoping for a turbo 2008 or 2009 TSX SH-AWD...Acura has a buyer already lined up with me if they do it...if they don't...they've lost me, maybe to Lexus or BMW.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I thought it was official now that there wont be a new TSX till MY09.

So why is this thread still open?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Roogs
Ugh...can you imagine NO V6 AND NO Turbo? It would shatter my dreams. I am really hoping for a turbo 2008 or 2009 TSX SH-AWD...Acura has a buyer already lined up with me if they do it...if they don't...they've lost me, maybe to Lexus or BMW.
If they went turbo or v6 I would definitely llok to going to a TSX instead of a new TL. I love the TSX but it would need a little more power to make me completely happy.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
I thought it was official now that there wont be a new TSX till MY09.

So why is this thread still open?
They're just talking about the next generation TSX, most likely out in 2009 in the US ('08 as Accord in other markets....Accord comes out earlier than TSX).
Old 10-03-2006, 04:06 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,518 Likes on 1,184 Posts
Will the all new TSX be based on a new platform or an existing one? That might gives us a clue in what direction (performance wise) the new TSX is going. The engine bay may only be big enough for an I-4 or I-4 turbo ( maybe V-4 from other threads ). There could be a 2.2L diesel option or maybe a FWD 3.0L H.O. V-6 option with the new TSX in the future. When the new Accord hits Europe, we will have our power plant answers.

With the RSX gone, I hope the new TSX does shrink in size and lean more toward the Civic platform compared to the TL size. The TSX is only 2 cylinders away from replacing the TL. If the TSX had the Honda Accord 3.0L V-6, the sales number would be reversed between the TSX and TL.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Race Director

I don't want the next gen TSX to be smaller and be based off the Civic platform, but just the same size the current JDM/Euro Accord one. If it was based on the Civic platform, less people in the USA would buy the next TSX. I've always liked Accords and I've never liked Civics myself.

I would like the next gen TSX to be the same size as the 5th and 6th gen USDM Accord sedans were. Then they can add an I4 SH-AWD making 245-250 hp or have an I6 making 270hp or 3.0 V6 making 280hp.

The TL should even get bigger and become like an A6.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
How much did the 2.5 TL and 3.2 TL cost back in the day? More than the under $30K TSX?
Heck yes. The 2.5 was about 32ish, and the 3.2 was around 35K

In 2008 Acura is a global brand. At this point there will be the following sedans:

Fit
Civic
Accord
TSX
TL
RL

The TSX will be out in the spring of 2008 (if all goes according to plan). At this point it could be called a 2009 just like the original TSX was a 2004 out in March 2003.

It will be off the global mid-sized chassis for sure but it will need to be somewhat unique since you won't be able to have the Euro Accord and TSX share the same sheetmetal.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
TSX: Boeing Dreamliner!

Damn Honda. First they appear to not want to develop any more direct injection technologies and now they don't have the balls to stick a medium pressure turbo in the next model! An AWD (in particular the SH system which even requires higher torque output based on my understanding of how it splits wheel torque) with less than 190 tq. is not going to cut it. I wouldn't buy in AWD car anyways - but they will lose their shirts (so to speak) to Lexus and BMW for those persons who look to AWD. Once Nissan makes a decent attempt at this market (something smaller than a G35) the TSX will be in for it. People want power - I don't necessarily agree - but thats what people want - deliver it!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Indian Acura Driver

Acura infact does have a car under the TSX based on the Civic platform. It used to be the Acura EL, which i own, but has sinced change to the CSX since it's a sportier looking car. This car is a Canadian Exclusive Vehicle. Canadians like the smaller luxury cars, we're not all that power hungry in general, especially with a higher expense of living, a near luxury car with great I4 gas mileage. Great.

The Acura EL had the 127 horses, a taugther suspension, a different kit, as well as the Acura seats, leather and all the goodies.

The Acura CSX, has the RSX base engine, (I wish they would put a Type S RSX engine, but then it would overlap with the TSX, but the smaller size and more power, would deffinetly be sexy.). 155 horses, same tighter suspension, also comes with Bluetooth, paddle shifters, leather, and a navigation system.

It's about 7k cheaper than the TSX with Navi. (Canadian prices)

The Acura EL, accounts for 30-40% of all Acura sales in a year. TSX and TL and MDX are next, with the RL bringing up bearly a few percent.

So you'd be surprised, a Civic in a tuxedo...good gas mileage, Acura handling (Trust me. Deffinetly top of the line handling..) and the nice Acura luxury we all love.

Oh yeah, it's deffintly worth something. Idealy, this car should have 200 horses, the TSX with 250-260, TL with nearly 290-310, and the RL with 350+. MDX should have 350+ and RDX is good where it is. A step in the right direction..and the upcoming NSX with 500...That's sweet.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

Originally Posted by Brown Chaos
Acura infact does have a car under the TSX based on the Civic platform. It used to be the Acura EL, which i own, but has sinced change to the CSX since it's a sportier looking car. This car is a Canadian Exclusive Vehicle. Canadians like the smaller luxury cars, we're not all that power hungry in general, especially with a higher expense of living, a near luxury car with great I4 gas mileage. Great.

The Acura EL had the 127 horses, a taugther suspension, a different kit, as well as the Acura seats, leather and all the goodies.

The Acura CSX, has the RSX base engine, (I wish they would put a Type S RSX engine, but then it would overlap with the TSX, but the smaller size and more power, would deffinetly be sexy.). 155 horses, same tighter suspension, also comes with Bluetooth, paddle shifters, leather, and a navigation system.

The Acura EL, accounts for 30-40% of all Acura sales in a year. TSX and TL and MDX are next, with the RL bringing up bearly a few percent.

So you'd be surprised, a Civic in a tuxedo...good gas mileage, Acura handling (Trust me. Deffinetly top of the line handling..) and the nice Acura luxury we all love.

Oh yeah, it's deffintly worth something. Idealy, this car should have 200 horses, the TSX with 250-260, TL with nearly 290-310, and the RL with 350+. MDX should have 350+ and RDX is good where it is. A step in the right direction..and the upcoming NSX with 500...That's sweet.
It's been discussed before TSX is based on ACCORD platform not civic
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ht=tsx+chassis
Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the TSX does not stay FWD and 4cyl. then it will wind up costing more and moving up market like the IS did. This would then put it near the TL which would not make any sense. They need to lighten it by 200lbs. Add a little more power and keep it under $29k.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brown Chaos

as i understand, your CSX is basically our Civic EX except it has leather seats. when i was in montreal i saw them in person, and that info appeared correct.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

i agree with the tsx not getting any smaller. i hope it stays roughly the same size or maybe a tad bigger. but nothing substantial.

if the tl were to get bigger, then shouldn't the rl? but then maybe that's a good thing.

anyhow, personally i was more interested in a turbo than a v6. but ultimately, whatever they put in, i hope it doesn't sacrifice the handling and nimbleness of the car.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JohnnyMilano

Woooo Hooo!!!!

pretty tite.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Looks like an IS.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Advanced

Looks a bit Audi 4ish, but nice looking
Old 10-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Advanced

Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
DGH
What, me worry?

Originally Posted by bradykp
as i understand, your CSX is basically our Civic EX except it has leather seats. when i was in montreal i saw them in person, and that info appeared correct.
Nope.

CSX:
2.0 liter, 155 hp, 139 lb/ft

Civic EX:
1.8 liter, 140 hp, 128 lb/ft

(plus other goodies like paddle shifters and leather, as you said..)
Old 10-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Got Ramen?

Take a look at the new MDX's interior and you'll get an indication of what the next TSX's interior will look like. In fact, judging from the artist's rendition from the the Sport 4 Concept, it looks A LOT like the MDX interior...seems like Acura is going to go with this "upscale" theme for the next generation of TSX/TLs.

Sport4 Concept artist's rendition:

MDX Interior cockpit:
Old 10-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Racer

09 tsx coupe

10-26 Autoweek buyers guide states the tsx redo in 09 will include a coupe (yea) & convertible. No mention of engine...
Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 PM
VTD
7th Gear

Cool looking Car i wish i could get my hand on her, but who knows if they really gonna make the car in 2 years.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
YES i was thinking the EXACT same thing..
it does look like a lexus IS because the tail lights are high up and the body of the back is sort of squarish, which is how that new tsx is looking.
nonetheless, i'm not saying it's not a hot car; the IS is hot and so is that TSX
a little too small for my own being.. i'm 5'11"
Old 05-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I hope they do away with the TL looking bumper as that would ruin the chances of adding an intercooler without a front air way.

A lower front airway is not an indication of whether an intercooler is present or not. The RDX feeds it's intercooler from a ramair duct mounted underneath the hood, taking air through the grill. This feeds an intercooler mounted on top of the engine (a la impreza), rather than behind a front air dam. A 2008 TSX can have a similar setup, there's hope.

I think it would be a wise decision by Honda in order to keep up with trends of ever increasing power and AWD from virtually every automaker. In the TSX's last comparison test (I forget which mag) it's only downfall was a power shortage. I find the same being as though you can blast to 60 in under 7 seconds in basically any car.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Instructor

I'm not sure if this showed up before, I'm new to this, but here is my response to CCColtsicehockey's comment about the TL looking bumper/intercooler.

A lower front airway is not an indication of whether an intercooler is present or not. The RDX feeds it's intercooler from a ramair duct mounted underneath the hood, taking air through the grill. This feeds an intercooler mounted on top of the engine (a la impreza), rather than behind a front air dam. A 2008 TSX can have a similar setup, there's hope.

I think it would be a wise decision by Honda in order to keep up with trends of ever increasing power and AWD from virtually every automaker. In the TSX's last comparison test (I forget which mag) it's only downfall was a power shortage. I find the same being as though you can blast to 60 in under 7 seconds in basically any car.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Got Ramen?

Originally Posted by TypeRS
Take a look at the new MDX's interior and you'll get an indication of what the next TSX's interior will look like. In fact, judging from the artist's rendition from the the Sport 4 Concept, it looks A LOT like the MDX interior...seems like Acura is going to go with this "upscale" theme for the next generation of TSX/TLs.

Sport4 Concept artist's rendition:

MDX Interior cockpit:
^top image wasn't working so im reposting this one...

Quick Reply: 2008 TSX Sedan!!! WHAT!!!