2007 MOD Awards

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2007 MOD Awards

With all the mods available out there, I like to have balance in the mods I do that maintain the comfort, reliability, and value.

HOT:

Tein Basics Coilovers: I have not had a single issue with these! They ride smooth and have no noise problems which some members allegedly had sounds issues with them but I think it was due to poor installation.

M3 Lip Spoiler: LOL, cheap, affordable, subtle, and looks great!

LED Interior/Exterior Conversion: Light Output is pretty decent, I even installed load resistors and have them on my turn signals for the instant on-off look.

Pioneer Avic Z1 Conversion: Although It cost $1000 more than getting the OEM navi, its functionality and integration is OEM like. Have had no major issues and am pleased with the results. This probably might not be the route for alot of people but being a huge fan of the OEM navi and wanting one, this mod was definitely worth it and am enjoy the Pioneer navi everyday. Especially the Bluetooth and Live XM Nav Traffic!

NOT List:

DC Headers: Seems like these have a lot of issues although Comptech Headers might be an alternative.

Aftermarket Exhaust: Don't Flame me but I personally don't like the ricey sound of the exhausts available for the TSX.

Cold Air Intakes: Although the technology and research has greatly improved for aftermarket parts, I'm gonna have to go with the Engineers at Honda for keeping my resonator and the stock Intake. Worrying about hydrolocking is too much of a hassle and losing low end torque sucks. Comptech Icebox might be an alternative.

Throttle body bypass: Well if you are in Cali or in Arizona, this might be decent mod but if it gets freezing cold in your area than this definitely is a risky mod.

A-Spec Suspension: Hate these with a passion. No noticeable reduction in wheel gap. Overpriced, and does not replicate the type of aesthetic results of the wheel gap found on BMW's and Audi's.

Feel free to add to the list or comment! But I must say this is just my list as my needs and requirements in the mods are different from everyone else's, but thats what great MODS right? You get to add your own character to it!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:36 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I beg to differ on the aspec suspension its good enough for those who don't want to deal with rear cambers and issues about scraping.

I got mine at a reasonable price, plus didn't have to know much about suspensions to get one. Honest after I did tons of hw now i can really pick out a suspension when i have a better budget to work with.

There is no gap decrease that can be told but it is something, and 10% stiffer than stock so its not garbage.

What exhasut is ricey?
the only one close is to dc sports, but most people aren't too bad with it. just too loud
greddy evo soudns great
comptech too
my fujitsubo isn't bad its actually too quiet for me but no drones..
Old 08-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33868
Old 08-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those "cannon ball" sound single exhaust for real tracks may sound rice to you, but Fujitsubo, Greddys, Comptech, and tanabes are great alternatives. again, everyone has different taste.

i agree with the lip spoiler. personally not the fan of oem spoiler, cheap affordable lip spoiler is 100 times better.

Teins are great. i spent lots of money on suspension, not only getting sway, camber, coilover installed, but got inspected, balanced and etc jus like other members.

A-spec is actually is an okay part, for those who are not lookin for major drop.
plus, if you have any problem, you can simply take it to Acura dealer.
I may be wrong, but seeing ppl around me getting their body kits fixed at the dealer, a-spec parts may be covered under warranty
Old 08-11-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Comptech cat-back is not rice at all--especially with the quiet tips in. You can hear it in the upper RPM range, but cruising isn't much different. Its a huge aesthetic improvement over stock...
Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I'd say more like this (plus fun mods):

Great bang for the buck:
Tein Basics
M3 Lip spoiler
Tein H-Tech
Hoen Xenomatch bulbs
Comptech Short Shifter
Comptech/Progress RSB
Hondata
JTso TB mod (should be #1 cause it costs like $1.50)
Aspec Suspension (it's warrantied people!)
Comptech Icebox
Injen SRI/CAI
Fujitsubo CAI
DC Sports header
Unorthodox Racing/Non-Stop Tuning Pulleys

Great For The Non-Budget Minded:
Tein CS
Comptech S/C
Aspec Kit
Mugen Kit
Kenstyle Kit
Air ride suspension
Hytech
Comptech Catback
Tanabe MT Catback
Fujitsubo Catback
Comptech Header
TODA/MUGEN header
Comptech/Fidanza flywheel (unless you DIY install)

Not So Hot (dollar per "bling"/"performance" value:
Mugen Intake (just talking price for what you get)
Gruppe M intake
Mugen Exhaust
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xenonhid
A-Spec Suspension: Hate these with a passion. No noticeable reduction in wheel gap. Overpriced, and does not replicate the type of aesthetic results of the wheel gap found on BMW's and Audi's.
There is more to mods than aesthetics. You didn't mention anything about the performance improvements of this suspension.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I know Jan, still, for its price and what it offers, hmmm......

The TEIN CS Coilovers is what th a-spec was trying to be, soft yet increased performance + reduction in wheel gap.

Hey! I got my cake and ate it too.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tein Flex here, very nice. Although the springs are stiff, EDFC lets me reduce the damper without having to take the rear bolsters out. Not as comfy as Basic, SS or CS, but every little bit helps.

Apexi SRI intake with handmade enclosure+cold air ducting. Stock volume at normal throttle up to 5000rpm, only loud when you mash the throttle past halfway. Enclosure keeps the hot air out, while cold air feed supplies cold air and avoids hydrolocking. Con: can't install foglights because the left fog light cover is used for the cold air feed.

Mugen/Spoon short shifter: Nicer feel than the Comptech. Con: Not as short as the Comptech.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xenonhid
The TEIN CS Coilovers is what th a-spec was trying to be, soft yet increased performance + reduction in wheel gap.
I wish Acura would have hit that mark.