2006 TSX to be at dealership in December (TORONTO)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
PWP Wh0r3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2006 TSX to be at dealership in December (TORONTO)

Hi guys, i went to (finally) Acura Dealership and i was looking at the 05, i test drove it as well, didn't really see the performance side but overall was great experience. I asked the sales when the 06 will be here and he said december and will be around 2k more expensive after tax and stuff.

i'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else already but just wanna share with all the Torontoians

i'm thinking of going for the 05 now....paying 2k more PLUS 3.5k more due to 5.8 interest rate instead of 2.8 is just not worth getting the 06 next year after it stops snowing. i can always pay 695 for stock fog lights lot less than the 5k

sales said there are 3 white TSXs left should i believe him? haha probably not

FYI
a non nav auto no other options TSX is now 41k dealer said he took off 2k from the markup already is that reasonable? or can do better?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by RTSX-ASpec
Hi guys, i went to (finally) Acura Dealership and i was looking at the 05, i test drove it as well, didn't really see the performance side but overall was great experience. I asked the sales when the 06 will be here and he said december and will be around 2k more expensive after tax and stuff.

i'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else already but just wanna share with all the Torontoians

i'm thinking of going for the 05 now....paying 2k more PLUS 3.5k more due to 5.8 interest rate instead of 2.8 is just not worth getting the 06 next year after it stops snowing. i can always pay 695 for stock fog lights lot less than the 5k

sales said there are 3 white TSXs left should i believe him? haha probably not

FYI
a non nav auto no other options TSX is now 41k dealer said he took off 2k from the markup already is that reasonable? or can do better?

lol @ the 3 PWP's left, which dealership did you hit up??
Old 10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
05 5AT non-nav for $41k? OTD? sounds pricey to me.

ya, which dealership did you hit up? 3 pwp's left? maybe on this particular dealership...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Noobie 6MT driver

if you want the white ones, better go to the dealer ASAP and put down a deposit or else they'll be gone by the end of the day...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by TSXDude
if you want the white ones, better go to the dealer ASAP and put down a deposit or else they'll be gone by the end of the day...
lol, I might swing by Acura in Markham to see if they still have the flock of PWP's
Old 10-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Racer

So, what would be a good OTD price for an 05 Non-navi if I purchase right now?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
PWP Wh0r3

i went to the one near markville mall, highway 7 and mccowan

he's like...the MSRP is 36100 and 8% markup so he earns 2888 and he said he will take 2k off

he's like oh we are the largest acura dealer in...toronto or canada whichever and he has 3 left and they won't even give them away if other dealership wants them. I just think more than 50% of this is BS and wants me to buy it...well he almost got me, i did have an urge to get the white one while its still there. IF they are gone then i will consider a pretty new used one. I just don't see myself paying 5k+ for the 06 just for the features i dun really need.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Sounds like alot of Dealer BS to me. I wouldn't pay a penny over 38K out the door.

Try another dealer.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
iVTEC no koe

whoa.... That's Acura in Markham, I never knew they'd be able to clear out all those PWPs. I guess they are the largest Acura dealer for a reason

But yeah, they had like 15-20 PWP's in early September. If I have time, I'll swing by Acura East (in Pickering) to see if they have any PWP Auto/Non-Navi. As far as I remember though, Acura in Markham had the most PWPs.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Canuck

i went to the one near markville mall, highway 7 and mccowan

he's like...the MSRP is 36100 and 8% markup so he earns 2888 and he said he will take 2k off

he's like oh we are the largest acura dealer in...toronto or canada whichever and he has 3 left and they won't even give them away if other dealership wants them. I just think more than 50% of this is BS and wants me to buy it...well he almost got me, i did have an urge to get the white one while its still there. IF they are gone then i will consider a pretty new used one. I just don't see myself paying 5k+ for the 06 just for the features i dun really need.
Problem with a used is that 04/05 used price is not far off from brand new.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by dom
Sounds like alot of Dealer BS to me. I wouldn't pay a penny over 38K out the door.

Try another dealer.
dom, you really think that dealers will a Automatic/Non-Navi sell it under cost of a 6MT/Non-Navi ($32,457 cost), approx $31,643?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by HoRRo
dom, you really think that dealers will a Automatic/Non-Navi sell it under cost of a 6MT/Non-Navi ($32,457 cost), approx $31,643?

I was alittle off.

32,457 + 1200 freight * 1.15 = 38,705. So lets say 39K out the door. Although I could have sworn 05 owners in Toronto were reporting out the door prices of 38K awhile back.

I paid 39K out the door 2 weeks after it was released.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:35 PM
iVTEC no koe

whoops, just realized a slight slip, 32282.5 is cost for 6mt non-navi, 32457 is what I paid pre-anything.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:39 PM
PWP Wh0r3

but if a MT non navi is 39k, wouldn't an AT be around 41k? cos auto isn't free this year unlike the first year, its another 1.2k or something plus tax that's 1380 so that makes it almost 40k?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
iVTEC no koe

yeah, anywhere between 40-41k is decent, I'd get the dealer to throw in at least the protection package, the trunk tray is essential.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Intermediate

but if a MT non navi is 39k, wouldn't an AT be around 41k? cos auto isn't free this year unlike the first year, its another 1.2k or something plus tax that's 1380 so that makes it almost 40k?
Yup, '04 auto was the same price as '04 mt.... '05 auto = '05 mt + $1200(msrp).

i got my non-navi mt '05 in june for just over 39200 out the door (... and then got new grad rebate which made it around 38500 really...) @ markham acura. it's not pwp though, so i dunno how that factors in when supply is "limited".
Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by wheen
Yup, '04 auto was the same price as '04 mt.... '05 auto = '05 mt + $1200(msrp).

i got my non-navi mt '05 in june for just over 39200 out the door (... and then got new grad rebate which made it around 38500 really...) @ markham acura. it's not pwp though, so i dunno how that factors in when supply is "limited".
Yep, I got mine in Aug for a little over 39k if I remember correctly. Thats out the door with clear bra and wheel locks. I don't think I am a good negotiator though.

If you can get an out the door price for about 40-41k like other ppl said,....thats not bad. Make sure to pay attn fees they add on. For ex, etching, wheel locks, and admin fee at a few dealers I was in was 300 dollars. Told them straight up Im not paying for the BS,..so they didnt charge me for it. Try to get that stuff included no charge. Also, if you are arguing over price,.......tell them to throw stuff in,..like a clear bra or trunk tray etc. Maybe ask for accessories at cost to come to an agreement. I was offered cost on accessories at one dealer while we were talking price.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
PWP Wh0r3

yea hopefully if i DO get a new 05, i will try and lower the price to 40k i still have my grad program to throw out at them AFTER we settle for a deal haha yeah i want that clear bra i doubt they will throw in the fog lights tho right? lol that's what i want the most
Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
yea hopefully if i DO get a new 05, i will try and lower the price to 40k i still have my grad program to throw out at them AFTER we settle for a deal haha yeah i want that clear bra i doubt they will throw in the fog lights tho right? lol that's what i want the most
Ummmmm I dunno about the fogs,......maybe. I guess if that is an accessory then you could maybe get it at cost, but not thrown in I dont think. While I (and my dad) were dealing with dealerships,......Fairview Acura (waterloo) and Acura Hamilton were really good with wanting to throw stuff in to get the deal done. Im not suggesting you go to those dealerships cause they are far for you, but I think its dealer dependent on throwing stuff in. Fairview acura said cost on any accessories for us,.......whatever it was,.....trunk tray, spoiler etc. They couldnt get a hold of the car we wanted (NBP MT non navi) so we ended up in Hamilton,...which was great. Fairview offered to give us an 06 for the 05 price we agreed upon (hamilton gave us a better price,...SCORE) since they could not get us the colour we wanted but we chose not to take that deal because its a LONG wait for the 06's.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
TSX4EVR

The 05 is a great ride, but I would think twice before dismissing the 06. I faced the same choice that you are facing and ultimately went with the 06. There is a 2k difference give or take between the two, but in the big scheme of things how much will you miss not having the new features the 06 offers.

If I had an 05 I would not trade in my 05 to get an 06, but you don't have either. The question is how much are the changes worth to you and how much will you regret not having them in a year or two:

2006 Model Year Changes

Powertrain
Horsepower increased to 205 SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 7000 rpm
Torque increased to 164 lbs-ft. SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 4500 rpm
Larger intake valves
Increased valve timing and lift
Increased intake and exhaust flow
Reduced engine pumping losses
Stronger automatic transmission to complement increased horsepower
Higher capacity clutch
Higher capacity torque converter

Chassis
Electronic Brake Assist
Increased rigidity of upper A-arm reduces NVH

Exterior Styling
Restyled hood and grille
Redesigned headlights and combination taillights
Redesigned front and rear bumpers
Fog lamps are integrated into the lower bumper
More pronounced side sills
New nine-spoke alloy wheels
Flat wiper blades increase visibility and reduce wind noise
Four new exterior colors: Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver, Glacier Blue Metallic replaces Meteor Silver Metallic, and Deep Green Pearl, and Royal Blue Pearl are added

Interior
2-position memory for driver's seat
Auxiliary audio jack in center console for digital music players
HandsFreeLinkÔwireless telephone interface
Sports steering wheel
Multi-info display
New meter face
New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior
Metallic garnish added to shift knob
Smart Maintenance system
Enhanced Acura Navigation System (optional)
Larger buttons and fonts
Faster processing speed
Points of Interest (POI) database increased to 7 million
HandsFreeLink calling to POI
More voice recognition commands (653)
Zagat Survey(TM) restaurant guide
Exit ramp services feature
Enhanced in-glass antennae for improved radio reception

If you are going to trade it in over the next couple of years it is no biggie, but if you plan to keep it for a few years, I would think twice. Just my

Excited
Old 10-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Drifting

whoa.... That's Acura in Markham, I never knew they'd be able to clear out all those PWPs. I guess they are the largest Acura dealer for a reason

But yeah, they had like 15-20 PWP's in early September. If I have time, I'll swing by Acura East (in Pickering) to see if they have any PWP Auto/Non-Navi. As far as I remember though, Acura in Markham had the most PWPs.
last time i swung by acura markham (last week), the row of pwp's were gone.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:57 AM
PWP Wh0r3

Originally Posted by excited
The 05 is a great ride, but I would think twice before dismissing the 06. I faced the same choice that you are facing and ultimately went with the 06. There is a 2k difference give or take between the two, but in the big scheme of things how much will you miss not having the new features the 06 offers.

If I had an 05 I would not trade in my 05 to get an 06, but you don't have either. The question is how much are the changes worth to you and how much will you regret not having them in a year or two:

2006 Model Year Changes

Powertrain
Horsepower increased to 205 SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 7000 rpm
Torque increased to 164 lbs-ft. SAE net (Rev 8/04) @ 4500 rpm
Larger intake valves
Increased valve timing and lift
Increased intake and exhaust flow
Reduced engine pumping losses
Stronger automatic transmission to complement increased horsepower
Higher capacity clutch
Higher capacity torque converter

Chassis
Electronic Brake Assist
Increased rigidity of upper A-arm reduces NVH

Exterior Styling
Restyled hood and grille
Redesigned headlights and combination taillights
Redesigned front and rear bumpers
Fog lamps are integrated into the lower bumper
More pronounced side sills
New nine-spoke alloy wheels
Flat wiper blades increase visibility and reduce wind noise
Four new exterior colors: Alabaster Silver Metallic replaces Satin Silver, Glacier Blue Metallic replaces Meteor Silver Metallic, and Deep Green Pearl, and Royal Blue Pearl are added

Interior
2-position memory for driver's seat
Auxiliary audio jack in center console for digital music players
HandsFreeLinkÔwireless telephone interface
Sports steering wheel
Multi-info display
New meter face
New wood-patterned trim for models with Parchment interior
Metallic garnish added to shift knob
Smart Maintenance system
Enhanced Acura Navigation System (optional)
Larger buttons and fonts
Faster processing speed
Points of Interest (POI) database increased to 7 million
HandsFreeLink calling to POI
More voice recognition commands (653)
Zagat Survey(TM) restaurant guide
Exit ramp services feature
Enhanced in-glass antennae for improved radio reception

If you are going to trade it in over the next couple of years it is no biggie, but if you plan to keep it for a few years, I would think twice. Just my

Excited
I DO plan to keep the car for more than 4 years (hence financing) and well i THINK...i could live without the new features, the ones really interest me are the mem seats, integrated fogs. The power increase and stronger auto tranny are nice but...its not alot more powerful compare to the 05 right? i still don't think paying 2k + 3.5k (interest) for these things are worth it IMO. The new features are nice still....no doubt. but...paying 5k more.....come on...i can smell a G35 already

thanks for all the feedback tho, keep them coming
Old 10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
last time i swung by acura markham (last week), the row of pwp's were gone.
I past by yesterday, it is a row of used 2nd gen TL in different color now. And actually, that row of pwp were gone a long time ago and it has been a row of EL, PWP RSX and different color TSX.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Only Acuras Since '93

$2k

Where are people getting the "price is going up $2K" stuff? The dealer from whom I ordered my '06 (due to arrive in about a month) has told me twice that the MSRP is going up by less than $200 (USD), or 1/2%.

Is the talk of a $2K price rise based on the assumption dealers won't deal on an '06 like they will on an '05? Or are Canadians getting shafted on the '06 price while Americans are not?

I'm confused.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Originally Posted by Irfo
Where are people getting the "price is going up $2K" stuff? The dealer from whom I ordered my '06 (due to arrive in about a month) has told me twice that the MSRP is going up by less than $200 (USD), or 1/2%.
I suspect it's one of these three:
1) wishful thinking from '04/'05 owners
2) someone trying to justify getting an '05 now
3) uneducated folks trying to extrapolate the '06 from the '05 price increase (when they don't realize the '05 price increase was due to the increased cost of steel and not what was added to that model year)
Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 AM
iVTEC no koe

Originally Posted by STL
3) uneducated folks trying to extrapolate the '06 from the '05 price increase (when they don't realize the '05 price increase was due to the increased cost of steel and not what was added to that model year)
I wonder if the cost of Frieght will increase on the 06 due the increased cost of crude oil?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by STL

Wishful thinking by whom? What 04/05 owner agreed with the 2K price increase?

I hope your sleeping better at night telling yourself that the price won't go up much.

Although Your probly right.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Is the talk of a $2K price rise based on the assumption dealers won't deal on an '06 like they will on an '05?

Thats the likely senario. Atleast initially.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

I wonder if the cost of Frieght will increase on the 06 due the increased cost of crude oil?
They already have once:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=309
Old 10-12-2005, 12:08 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dom
Wishful thinking by whom? What 04/05 owner agreed with the 2K price increase?
I hope you didn't think I was only talking about this particular thread...

Originally Posted by dom
Although Your probly right.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dom
Is the talk of a $2K price rise based on the assumption dealers won't deal on an '06 like they will on an '05?
I don't think the difference will necessarily be $2k:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...26&postcount=1
Old 10-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dom
And also the dealer want "you" to buy a 05 asap and help them to clean up the inventory or they able to have huge holdback to sell a 05.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 PM
PWP Wh0r3

that's what i was told by the dealer i did not make up the 2k increase for the 06, maybe i forgot to mention the 2k increase is after tax, so around 1. soemthing k increase overall
Old 10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Lightbulb

that's what i was told by the dealer i did not make up the 2k increase for the 06
Of course he's going to say that now...he's trying to get rid of all his '05s before his '06s get arrive!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Pink as a pistol

I talked to my buddy, who is the sales manager at our local Acura dealership, where I ordered my 06 TSX. He told me the price difference is going to be around $200 - 400 USD.

Maybe the Canadian TSX buyers are getting ripped off?
Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM
TSX4EVR

I don't expect the MSRP to go up more than a couple hundred of dollars. I though the 2K difference was referring to the difference in price from what you can get an 05 for now with the discounted price versus the new price of the 06.

If the new price goes up over $400 Cdn, I will be reviewing my purchase.

Excited

ps No one knows for sure what the new horsepower will really mean but if it is really a 15 hp increase that would equal the difference that many of the 05's are once they have done mods like CAI, headers, exhaust and maybe even the reflash. No one really knows, but it could be meaningful.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Racer

For the Canadian folks, would 41K be a good out-of-the-door price for an 05 Non-navi Auto? Or should I try to bargain for a lower deal?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:24 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by lamster
For the Canadian folks, would 41K be a good out-of-the-door price for an 05 Non-navi Auto? Or should I try to bargain for a lower deal?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24725

AT Non Nav Invoice is $33,212

33,212 + 500 (dealer profit) + 1200 (Freight/PDI) + 15% (taxes) = 40,148

So 41K is good but not great. Try and get the freight/PDI cost removed or at least reduced.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by dom
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24725

AT Non Nav Invoice is $33,212

33,212 + 500 (dealer profit) + 1200 (Freight/PDI) + 15% (taxes) = 40,148

So 41K is good but not great. Try and get the freight/PDI cost removed or at least reduced.
i agree...

$40k straight would be good...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
My dealer has already agreed to sell me an '06 for $500 over invoice (whatever that is). He also doesn't expect more than a few hundred dollar increase at most. He is the Internet manager at the dealership and seems to know what he's talking about.

If anyone finds a dealer who isn't willing to deal on the price of an '06 - FIND A NEW DEALER.

Quick Reply: 2006 TSX to be at dealership in December (TORONTO)