2006 Red TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006 | 12:30 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by parks31
Hello, everyone seems to dislike the Red TSX so I thought I could post some pics to maybe change some minds. It was a choice between red or white. What do you guys think?

2006 TSX
People can say what they want, but that is one hot looking Milano Red '06 TSX. Nice!

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 01-12-2006 | 12:40 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
congrats on your purchase, and those are nice pics.
Your pics are very nice. The car positively gleams. Parchment is very sharp looking. Only one flaw I can see in your decision, but I won't go there.
Old 01-12-2006 | 12:45 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by parks31
Hello, everyone seems to dislike the Red TSX so I thought I could post some pics to maybe change some minds. It was a choice between red or white. What do you guys think?

2006 TSX
So far, this thread has proven you wrong. I like the milano red as well. Looks hawt.
Old 01-12-2006 | 01:24 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have been pleased so far with the car. Here are some pics of other red cars I have owned. You dont see many red Mercedes Benz.

1999 Mazda Miata

1999 MB CLK 430

2003 BMW 325

2000 Ford F150
Old 01-12-2006 | 01:37 PM
Banned

When I was deciding what color to get for my TSX, I was thinking of Red as well..but I loved the Pearl white so I opt for that....i regret it now since I had always wanted a red car. Red in Toronto is rare whereas the PWP is like a dime a dozen.....
Old 01-12-2006 | 01:50 PM
OG

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
If it was available with ebony interior, I probably would be driving one right now.
it is and was in 05 also
Old 01-12-2006 | 04:34 PM
Intermediate

Congrats on the new ride and well done with the color . . . .Picked up my 05 RED w/ Ebony this past September . . .Agonized over the color for weeks and couldn't be happier with the decision . . . everyone digs the color (the car looks tight) and there arent a whole lotta red tsx's on the road here in NY/NJ . . . .Enjoy . . . .
Old 01-13-2006 | 09:06 AM
Advanced

NB miatas are sweet
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:05 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by spotch
NB miatas are sweet

i cringe at the thought of sitting in a miata. i'm very biased against them.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:17 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Originally Posted by bradykp
Get over your bias and go drive one. They are a ball. I used to "Steal" my (female) friend's '93 all the time, and go bombing around suburban Philly on Saturday morrnings. You can hang the tail out at 20mph, not many other cars you can do that with.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:20 AM
Team Owner

I miss my Integra....
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:29 AM
Advanced

Just make sure the top is down and you're good to go. Top down in an NA/NB miata and you're not even sitting in it... feels more like you're sitting ON it. It's great, like your riding a motorcycle or something. Top up feels a little cramped to me (although the 06 miatas are much roomier inside) but an earlier miata with the top down on a nice day really is awesome.
Old 01-13-2006 | 02:00 PM
6MT or Death

Originally Posted by spotch
Just make sure the top is down and you're good to go. Top down in an NA/NB miata and you're not even sitting in it... feels more like you're sitting ON it. It's great, like your riding a motorcycle or something. Top up feels a little cramped to me (although the 06 miatas are much roomier inside) but an earlier miata with the top down on a nice day really is awesome.
Definitely. I test drove one and felt like the car was made by hotwheels. It's just a look we're not used to anymore because the matchbox size import roadsters (circa 1950) aren't on the road so much anymore. That being said I could never own a miata and would prefer not to be seen in one. Unless it's after my vasectomy. j/k well kinda.
Old 01-13-2006 | 02:12 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by dj Dozhe
Definitely. I test drove one and felt like the car was made by hotwheels. It's just a look we're not used to anymore because the matchbox size import roadsters (circa 1950) aren't on the road so much anymore. That being said I could never own a miata and would prefer not to be seen in one. Unless it's after my vasectomy. j/k well kinda.
you mean it's not made by hotwheels? jeez, and all this time i thought....

hey, i love the old roadsters. i just hate the miata. i think you need way more than a vasectomy for it to be alright to sit in a miata
Old 01-13-2006 | 02:15 PM
6MT or Death

you mean it's not made by hotwheels? jeez, and all this time i thought....

hey, i love the old roadsters. i just hate the miata. i think you need way more than a vasectomy for it to be alright to sit in a miata
You mean like mammories?

And I threw in the old roadsters line because as much as I physically detest the miata (sorry I can't drive with my eyes closed) I was tryin to throw the fans a bone. Every time I see a guy driving one I can't help but laugh. I don't know what it is.

No offense. You can hate me if you want. I know it's nothing of an empirical opinion.
Old 01-13-2006 | 03:42 PM
Still Lovin my 06

You mean like mammories?

And I threw in the old roadsters line because as much as I physically detest the miata (sorry I can't drive with my eyes closed) I was tryin to throw the fans a bone. Every time I see a guy driving one I can't help but laugh. I don't know what it is.

No offense. You can hate me if you want. I know it's nothing of an empirical opinion.

i'm with you. it was very nice of you to try to sympathize. lol
Old 01-13-2006 | 04:04 PM
I Only Park In

go for white man... i've got an 05 tsx in white looking verry nice it stand out too...
Old 01-13-2006 | 04:10 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i'd be interested to see the red shown on this RAV4 on the TSX.....dunno if i'd like it, but i'm interested...

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyo...ml?pg_type=SUV
Old 01-13-2006 | 05:22 PM
Overlord

I like the red fine, but not on this car. That same red, while it would look good on an RSX, looks a bit too bright for the TSX. Ditto for the ABP. If you consider the TSX a sports car (I don't), then it's fine, but if you consider it a luxury sedan, bright red (and bright blue) just doesn't seem to fit. It's sporty, but it's not elegant.

What I'd REALLY like to see on the TSX is a really dark red - darker than the TL red - something like black cherry. The red equivalent of RBP. THAT would be AWESOME. Especially if the TSX also got camel leather to go with it instead of parchment... drool...
Old 01-13-2006 | 06:17 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
I like the red fine, but not on this car. That same red, while it would look good on an RSX, looks a bit too bright for the TSX. Ditto for the ABP. If you consider the TSX a sports car (I don't), then it's fine, but if you consider it a luxury sedan, bright red (and bright blue) just doesn't seem to fit. It's sporty, but it's not elegant.

What I'd REALLY like to see on the TSX is a really dark red - darker than the TL red - something like black cherry. The red equivalent of RBP. THAT would be AWESOME. Especially if the TSX also got camel leather to go with it instead of parchment... drool...
How many ppl think bright yellow would look good on the TSX?
x2 on the deep red.
Old 01-13-2006 | 06:45 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by swirlie
How many ppl think bright yellow would look good on the TSX?
x2 on the deep red.
what do you think of the red on the RAV4? darker than that?
Old 01-13-2006 | 11:06 PM
Advanced

Meh, different strokes for different folks. I know tons of sports car enthusiasts that wouldn't be caught dead in anything FWD, let alone 3200+ pounds and fwd. I guess I'm just lucky enough to have a lot of love to give, I can appreciate both.
Old 01-13-2006 | 11:57 PM
Pimpin' aint easy

im very suprised. by far Milano red is the most beautiful color on the tsx. i had it on my 94 integra also. it looks unbelieveable clean and turns more heads than a grey or white version. plus, the parchment interior makes it appear very spacious inside. i have gotten at least 2 compliments per day from complete strangers since ive had the car, and i have not regret it AT ALL!!! congrats on owning the most superior color combo acura offers in the tsx.
Old 01-14-2006 | 12:37 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by JohnnyMilano
im very suprised. by far Milano red is the most beautiful color on the tsx. i had it on my 94 integra also. it looks unbelieveable clean and turns more heads than a grey or white version. plus, the parchment interior makes it appear very spacious inside. i have gotten at least 2 compliments per day from complete strangers since ive had the car, and i have not regret it AT ALL!!! congrats on owning the most superior color combo acura offers in the tsx.
sorry, your color is nice...but royal blue pearl is, in fact, the Royalty color of the fleet. it wasn't our choice, it was set that way by the gods. i turn heads everywhere i've gone.
Old 01-14-2006 | 12:42 AM
Pimpin' aint easy

sorry, your color is nice...but royal blue pearl is, in fact, the Royalty color of the fleet. it wasn't our choice, it was set that way by the gods. i turn heads everywhere i've gone.

YEAH...well ya know what! your wrong! ha! and.....and.... man what EVER!
Old 01-14-2006 | 03:14 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by JohnnyMilano
YEAH...well ya know what! your wrong! ha! and.....and.... man what EVER!
You're going to have to work harder than that if you want to dethrone the RBP.

what do you think of the red on the RAV4? darker than that?
That looks nice, but yeah, darker would be better. I'm thinking of a deep, rich red of a red wine. Thinking along the same lines as Beoshingus. Black Cherry-ish would be niiiice.
Old 01-14-2006 | 09:37 AM
Overlord

I turn heads all the time, but I think it might just be me rather than my CGP.
Old 01-15-2006 | 11:16 PM
Intermediate

The solid red just isn't for me either. I've never liked it on any car, except maybe the '57 T-Bird.

I'd love to see the TSX in the deeper red pearl similar to my old Integra's Torino Red Pearl with the quartz grey interior that I got with my Carbon Grey Pearl I ended up with.