2004 TSX Video w/ Colin Sato

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2004 TSX Video w/ Colin Sato

Found this nice intro video for the TSX. Yes, I know it's outdated but it still gives a pretty good overview of the TSX. Also, is that Colin from this forum???

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47047420&q=tsx

(sorry if this is a repost but a quick search on colin didn't turn up much)
Old 01-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice Video... I wish I could have driven the TSX around the course like those guys did.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i like his videos...did u guys see the one for the RSX? did he do one for a TL? how can i find more stuff from him?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Apex Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was some cheezy-ass music but pretty good video nonetheless. It would've been better if they took it to a real racetrack instead though. $.02
Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Racer

man...that video made me fall asleep....

that guy is too calm... he needs to rip that car thru the tracks like that show Top Gear....put that british guy in there......and he'll burn rubber...
Old 01-05-2006, 12:40 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Not a bad way to sell a car, I like hearing the facts how its rock solid at 135 haha...
Old 01-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
The purpose of the video is not to impress you "internet car junkies." It is designed to help me sell more cars. I had more burning rubber footage, but edited it out for three reasons: 1) Its not my car 2) I can't show any "law breaking" on public roads without the "closed course, professional driver blah blah... disclaimer" 3) Most importantly, it received a VERY negative reaction from women, and older viewers.

And hey, the track footage was from California motor speedway! I'd say that qualifies as a real track! Maybe Canyonball can post up his Laguna Seca videos for us to enjoy

I made one for the TL (oldest), one for the RL and the RSX (newest). The TSX video was the second I made, and will be updated once we have more 2006 TSXs.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Apex Clipper

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Colin
The purpose of the video is not to impress you "internet car junkies." It is designed to help me sell more cars. I had more burning rubber footage, but edited it out for three reasons: 1) Its not my car 2) I can't show any "law breaking" on public roads without the "closed course, professional driver blah blah... disclaimer" 3) Most importantly, it received a VERY negative reaction from women, and older viewers.

And hey, the track footage was from California motor speedway! I'd say that qualifies as a real track! Maybe Canyonball can post up his Laguna Seca videos for us to enjoy

I made one for the TL (oldest), one for the RL and the RSX (newest). The TSX video was the second I made, and will be updated once we have more 2006 TSXs.

lol... yeah I hear ya. I wouldn't let anyone but myself rip it up on a track. That footage recieved a negative reaction? Forget them, you don't need their business anyhow.

Technically speaking, California Motor Speedway is a real track, but from this enthusiasts point of view, eh
I've yet to do Laguna but will this year.
I have done Willow Springs Big Track, Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow and Spring Mountain. I'm not in a rush to do California speedway that's for sure.

If you get me a free pass, I'd be more than happy to get you some performance footage on any one of the aforementioned tracks ESPECIALLY Laguna.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Nice Vid Colin!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Intermediate

the video was was extremely well done and very professional especially considering you did it all yourself. Big companies pay between $10-50,000 for this kind of work, easy.

I'll bet you could make a lot more money selling your video marketing capabilities than you do selling Acuras.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Packrat55
the video was was extremely well done and very professional especially considering you did it all yourself. Big companies pay between $10-50,000 for this kind of work, easy.

I'll bet you could make a lot more money selling your video marketing capabilities than you do selling Acuras.
Thanks for the comments, but I doubt that this will be a new job for me expecially since according to greendestiny, I'm boring! The only people who get this are clients who request a brochure throught the Acura.com site. I send this along with the literature on a CD-ROM. I also have a copy of my own newsletter that I publish periodically. If you're interested in this, it can be downloaded from my webpage here
Old 01-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Racer

Thanks for the comments, but I doubt that this will be a new job for me expecially since according to greendestiny, I'm boring! The only people who get this are clients who request a brochure throught the Acura.com site. I send this along with the literature on a CD-ROM. I also have a copy of my own newsletter that I publish periodically. If you're interested in this, it can be downloaded from my webpage here

did not mean to offend you. Actually the video was great! Very professional and such. It does lack a little "oomph" unlike Top Gear..but hey..thats a whole different tv show. I think this would be a great video to put in an Acura showroom floor.

Other than that, I think if you could explain more in detail and compare the car with other cars..that way it'll help buyers make a better decision. for example, you can say, the TSX has this and that, while the equivalently classed/priced Audi or Lexus is missing this and that....
Old 01-05-2006, 03:34 AM
Undercover Slacker

nice video
Old 01-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by greendestiny
did not mean to offend you. Actually the video was great! Very professional and such. It does lack a little "oomph" unlike Top Gear..but hey..thats a whole different tv show. I think this would be a great video to put in an Acura showroom floor.

Other than that, I think if you could explain more in detail and compare the car with other cars..that way it'll help buyers make a better decision. for example, you can say, the TSX has this and that, while the equivalently classed/priced Audi or Lexus is missing this and that....
Actually, I was just taking a little "poke" at you, I'm not really offended so don't worry. I had thought of doing a comparison, but there are a few problems with that. First off, car specs change too often, I'd be spending too much time editing and re-editing just to keep my facts straight. I want the video to have a longer "shelf life" than that. Also, if I was to compare it to other cars, I could come across as "bashing" the competition and in an intro video, it could turn off some potential customers.

The main goal of the video is to put a "face" on the e-mail I send to potential clients before they make a showroom visit. My biggest challenge is to get clients to call to make an appointment BEFORE they start working with someone in our store. A secondary goal is to give a client on one of the neighbor islands a "feel" for the car if they are unable to come to Honolulu to see the car in person.

Try to look at it as if you had never seen a TSX and were just learning about it. Forget for a moment that you're an owner and enthusiast. From that view, the music and production must attempt to be "neutral" I could go with more effects, transistions, and MTV editing, but I don't want the production to get in the way of the message. The RSX video is a bit quicker paced, and the RL video is downright slow with "60ish" sounding music. Different strokes....
Old 01-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
i like his videos...did u guys see the one for the RSX? did he do one for a TL? how can i find more stuff from him?
If you search on my name at Google video, you'll find two S2000 videos I made for the local club, and on my webpage, you can find a real quick 2 minute video intro http://satoauto.com/video/Acura_Introduction.wmv I could post up my RL video, but I'm sure nobody here would like that one. Heck, sometimes when I look at it, I don't even like it.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Pro

Very Very nice videos, i really did enjoy it.

Is the TSX really more aerodynamic than the NSX?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Racer

Nice vid Colin! That would have made me buy my TSX in '04 instead of '05!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Canyonball
Technically speaking, California Motor Speedway is a real track, but from this enthusiasts point of view, eh
Woooooo, an oval!! FUN!
If I wanted to see a car drive around a big, deformed circle... I wouldn't.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by swirlie
Woooooo, an oval!! FUN!

when was the last time you drove you TSX on a pro track?

yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Woooooo, an oval!! FUN!
You geniuses know that the California Speedway does have an infield road course, right? And it actually is a pretty decent one at that.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Another nice video Colin.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You geniuses know that the California Speedway does have an infield road course, right? And it actually is a pretty decent one at that.

You guys can look at vwong's website. He has a video of himself taking the California Speedway road course in his TSX.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Instructor

The purpose of the video is not to impress you "internet car junkies." It is designed to help me sell more cars.
Great video! Nice job on the RSX video as well!

Quick question -- where did you get the animation? Did you create it yourself?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Packrat55
when was the last time you drove you TSX on a pro track?

yeah, that's what I thought.
I never said I had. I was just expressing my own personal opinion on oval tracks, in an attempted humorous fashion. Apparently, you didn't find it so. And I also said "see", not "drive". Given an opportunity to drive it, I'd still take it. IMO, watching a car drive around in circles is not as fun as doing it yourself. (Though, a twisting course is infinitely more fun.) As for the infield course, THAT would be fun.

And to get back on topic, great video Colin. When's production on your 06 TSX video starting?
Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Suzuka Master

I never said I had. I was just expressing my own personal opinion on oval tracks, in an attempted humorous fashion. Apparently, you didn't find it so. And I also said "see", not "drive". Given an opportunity to drive it, I'd still take it. IMO, watching a car drive around in circles is not as fun as doing it yourself. (Though, a twisting course is infinitely more fun.) As for the infield course, THAT would be fun.

And to get back on topic, great video Colin. When's production on your 06 TSX video starting?
Thanks for explaining that! I was thinking, "Hey, that's no way to talk to the FASTEST guy at the autocross track that day!" After winning the autox contest at the RSX R&D, and then the TSX contest, I had the dealers in CA asking "if that guy from Hawaii is coming again" when we went up for the TL ( sadly, I took 2nd that day).

Paul Tracy was testing his Players/Forsyth ChampCar when we were there we had to take turns on the oval cause he was using the back straight as a part of the road course.

I didn't make the animations (thanks for asking though), they are part of the dealer training materials we receive. I am thinking of starting up production on the '06 version in a few weeks. I'll probably copy the format and dialoge, and just update the look and information. I'm not feeling like "re-inventing" everything.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
TSX4EVR

Great video. I thought that you did a great job. If I ever win the lottery and move to the Islands, I will buy a car from you.

Excited
Old 01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Well aware of it CG'. I even watched the Toyota 200 there. For the money, there are much better tracks than Fontana IMO. $200/day is almost two trackdays at most any other tracks. The infield is decent, but I'd rather drive/ride another course ESPECIALLY for that money. $60 more and you can do Laguna...
I'm no genius BTW.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Instructor

I didn't make the animations (thanks for asking though), they are part of the dealer training materials we receive.
Are these posted anywhere? I'm interested in more information about them...
Old 01-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Colin do u have that TL video? i want to see it....i saw ur RSX video i really liked it...LINKY?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Zephrem
Are these posted anywhere? I'm interested in more information about them...
Not really, they're not for consumers, and I'd hate to be the one to put them up somewhere.... you never know if there's some AHM department devoted to policing this kind of thing. Kinda like the "logo police" that the S2000 guys ran into.....

I guess I could put up my TL and RL videos, but IMO, the TL one is not too good (we were learning a lot about video production etc. back then). Since that video, we've added a secnd camera, three mics, extra tripods, and probably lights and reflectors soon.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Not really, they're not for consumers, and I'd hate to be the one to put them up somewhere.... you never know if there's some AHM department devoted to policing this kind of thing. Kinda like the "logo police" that the S2000 guys ran into.....

I guess I could put up my TL and RL videos, but IMO, the TL one is not too good (we were learning a lot about video production etc. back then). Since that video, we've added a secnd camera, three mics, extra tripods, and probably lights and reflectors soon.
im very interested in the TL and RL videos...is there a way u can send them? if u don't want to upload them
Old 01-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
im very interested in the TL and RL videos...is there a way u can send them? if u don't want to upload them
Nah, I'll put them up on Google. Way too big to e-mail, heck the RL video is almost 15 minutes long! So much to cover in that car! That video literally took months of weekends to finish!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

alright awesome! can u tell us when u upload them? really interested
Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

any word on the videos?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Suzuka Master

It's been taking days for Google to "verify" videos before they're ready for viewing. I put up the TL last night and will put up the RL tomorrow. Now we wait....
Old 01-08-2006, 09:57 AM
8th Gear

Unhappy Unique

Aloha Everyone and Happy New Year!

My apologies for side tracking this thread...I'd like to share something with you about Colin and this is unsolicited. First and foremost he is customer oriented and an expert in his field. He sent me a copy of his DVD when I inquired about the TSX, answered every e-mail, was responsive to each query, picked me up in a 2006 RL (WOW) when the TSX was ready, threw in a few extras when I bought the car, and delivered my plates. Colin is now building a 2006 TSX DVD presentation and wanted to borrow my car, however, I was painting my splash guards and putting on body side moldings...so my car was not available for the leading role.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:07 PM
TSX4EVR

When i see poster's cities that I am not familiar with I sometimes google them. Strong Filipino community in your city. They represent over 50% of the population.

Question for you or Colin. If I am on Maui and wanted an Acura, would Colin's dealership ship an Acura to Maui?

Suggestion for making money: Start a ferry service between the Islands.

Colin does come across as a straight up guy.

Excited
Old 01-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Advanced

I just watched Colin's vid after purchasing a 2005 TSX, and was impressed by the very professional presentation. I was not aware this was a DIY video until the end of it. I believed it was done by Road and Track, Car and Driver or one of those operations.

As an old geezer, I think the vid strikes just the right balance between refinement and power. No need to burn rubber.

Suggestions for improvement:

1. Get some babe in a bikini to run her hands over the graceful lines of the car. Put her in for five seconds in the beginning. That would get everyone's attention! Have her smile beckoningly at the end.

My guess is that Acura sells TSX's primarily to men, and the "SX" designation (say it fast ) is not a mistake . . . just leaves out one vowel.

2. Throw in some impressive stats about speed. I'd like to know 0-60 mph, for example, and what cars got their behinds kicked on the track!

When all is said and done, I would give you an "A" for the tape.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by excited
When i see poster's cities that I am not familiar with I sometimes google them. Strong Filipino community in your city. They represent over 50% of the population.

Question for you or Colin. If I am on Maui and wanted an Acura, would Colin's dealership ship an Acura to Maui?

Suggestion for making money: Start a ferry service between the Islands.

Colin does come across as a straight up guy.

Excited
We are planning to open up a Maui dealership, but for now we do ship cars to the neighbor islands. Honda dealers handle serviceing as a courtesy to us and AHM.

http://hawaiisuperferry.com/
The ferry is already in the plannng stages! I'm pretty excited, because customers could come here and DRIVE their cars home! No more potential for shipping damage.

ChasC - Because speed stats (and conparison data) changes, I am reluctant to put them up on the videos. Already I'm in a dilema on the TSX and TL videos because of the new horsepower rating systems.

IN my RL video, I still have the original video files to go back and re-edit to make small changes, but I made the mistake of stating the HP "on camera" so I'd have to go back on location and re-sloot that (with the car) if I wanted to correct that. This is why I made the RSX video with more "voiceover" spec talk. This way if something changes, I can go back and re-edit easier.

Anyway, Blitz was asking about the other videos, Google took forever to approve them, but they're finally up. Also, I and converting my website to a Blog, and have placed the videos up in there as well. It will probably download faster there then on Google. I still need to figure out how to add images to the blog, so its mostly text for now, but the material goes waaaaay back to the start of my newsletters and original webpage. See here: http://satoauto.com/cblog/