2004 Accord EX V6 vs TSX - Need help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Accord EX V6 vs TSX - Need help ASAP!

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and on the verge of purchasing either a used 2004 Accord EX V6 or used TSX ASAP. I'm sure a lot of you have done research on this and I have also but would really value your input. Here's what I see the Accords +'s and -'s vs the TSX (for what features I consider important), no Navi on either.

Accord +
Larger Interior - more comfy for long rides
Much more Torque - Almost 50 ft-lbs
With my current used pricing, the accord will be about $1500-$2000 Less
Unleaded Gas
4' Less turning radius (I seem to make a lot of u-turns)
XM Radio
Suck up bumps easier
Less overall interior noise

Accord -
Everybody has one - Lots on Road
Exterior body style is less tasty than TSX
Less Warranty
No loaner for Warranty Work
Less 'refined'
Less Sporty Feel
No Xenon headlights
The specific Accord has 13K more miles on it

I do a lot of 2 hours + rides on the highway. I'm generally a relaxed diver who really values interior comfort (but now and then appreciates sporty feel). I had a 2001 ex Accord 4 cyl SULEV (135 HP), and felt it was definately too slow at times when I needed it.

I have a bud who majorly into cars whom I respect very much so. He states that in the long run, I'll be happier with the Accord becasue it's larger inside, will suck up bumps easier and the motor will be less noisy on long rides. But damn do I love the styling of the TSX....

Two other questions I need help with:

1. Which sound system sounds better?
2. At highway speeds (I drive 75-80), what's the interior noise like on each model?
3. Do you feel a significant difference with a drive-by-wire throtle in responsiveness?
4. What do u feel the insurance differences would be?

Any help with the above would greatly be appreciated!!!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 03:51 AM
Advanced

Here we go again................
I have said this before. The Accord is superior in one aspect.... acceleration. Period. Also, the TSX 2.4 engine is butter smooth and will not annoy you on long trips. You may do yourself a favor and search this forum for other Accord vs. TSX threads.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:54 AM
Banned

Uneducated vote.. but I vote for TSX.. because Accord has a "family guy" type of ring to it and everyone's mom has driven one.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeffropugs
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and on the verge of purchasing either a used 2004 Accord EX V6 or used TSX ASAP. I'm sure a lot of you have done research on this and I have also but would really value your input. Here's what I see the Accords +'s and -'s vs the TSX (for what features I consider important), no Navi on either.

Accord +
Larger Interior - more comfy for long rides
Much more Torque - Almost 50 ft-lbs
With my current used pricing, the accord will be about $1500-$2000 Less
Unleaded Gas
4' Less turning radius (I seem to make a lot of u-turns)
XM Radio
Suck up bumps easier
Less overall interior noise

Accord -
Everybody has one - Lots on Road
Exterior body style is less tasty than TSX
Less Warranty
No loaner for Warranty Work
Less 'refined'
Less Sporty Feel
No Xenon headlights
The specific Accord has 13K more miles on it

I do a lot of 2 hours + rides on the highway. I'm generally a relaxed diver who really values interior comfort (but now and then appreciates sporty feel). I had a 2001 ex Accord 4 cyl SULEV (135 HP), and felt it was definately too slow at times when I needed it.

I have a bud who majorly into cars whom I respect very much so. He states that in the long run, I'll be happier with the Accord becasue it's larger inside, will suck up bumps easier and the motor will be less noisy on long rides. But damn do I love the styling of the TSX....

2. At highway speeds (I drive 75-80), what's the interior noise like on each model?
3. Do you feel a significant difference with a drive-by-wire throtle in responsiveness?

this was a tuff choice for me too. first of all, i don't buy used vehicle. because i dont trust them on " low miles " and how they maintain the car, and the car been involve in an accident? y they sell it so fast within a year or two.. etc. less bumper to bumper warranty.
yes you save a little for used but u get to use for lesser time than if u got it new.. so is the same thing.. low rates .. not worth it.

i was debate a new accord EXL NAVI OR TSX NAVI. OR EXLV6 NAVI.

BOTTOM LINE. PRICE OF ACCORD EXL V6 NAVI PRICE IS ABOUT THE SAME AS TSX NAVI
THE THING IS...

ACCORD EXLV6 WILL GIVE U THE V6 PWR, BIGGER CAR AND VALUE FOR YOUR DOLLAR BUT LESS WARRANTY, NO LOANER.. YOU LOSE SOME STUFF ON TSX FOR THE ENGINE, AND IT IS "MADE IN USA" AND 65% MAJOR COMPONENT PARTS ARE MADE IN USA AND 20 OR 15% MAJOR COMPONENTS ARE MADE IN JAPAN. WITH JAPAN TRANS AND USA ENGINE.

TSX NAVI IS FOUR CYLINDER, LESS PWR, WITH BETTER GAS MILEAGE.(MINOR), BUT IT IS BETTER EXTEROR STYLE, MORE STUFF ON A SMALLER CAR AND THE BIGGEST THING TO ME IS " 100 PERCENT JAPAN" 0% MAJOR SOURCE COMPONENTS AND JAPAN TRANS AND JAPAN ENGINE. AND HONDA MUST PAY IMPORT TAX... AND BETTER QUALITY MATERIALS USED AND MORE INSULATION.. CK OUT THE TRUNK.. METAL.. GOT INSULATION! XEON HID HEADLIGHTS, BIGGER AND WIDER 17 INCH WHEELS INSTEAD OF 16 INCH, HOLES IN THE LEATHER SEAT, HIGHER GRADE LEATHER, SIGNAL ON THE MIRRORS FOR SAFETY, 200 LB HEAVIER THAN ACCORD AND IT IS SMALLER. IT HANDLES AND GRIP THE ROAD BETTER.. " YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR".. BETTER SOUND SYSTEM 360 WATTS INSTEAD OF 120 AND WITH WOFFER..ETC YOU GET ROAD SIDE ASST, YOU GET LOANER CAR IS WHAT REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME, BECAUSE I TAKE IT IN FOR EVERY LITTLE THING.. UNDER WARRANTY, AND THE STYLE OF THE GAUGES IN THE DASH LOOKS BETTER MORE SPORTY, AND I KNOW THE SUSPENSION IS DIFFERENT. I TRIED BOTH AT THE SAME TIME, HONDA AND ACURA DEALERSHIP NEXT TO EACH OTHER. ON THE SAME ROAD.. THE INTERIOR QUIETNESS IS BETTER ON THE TSX.. AND TRANS IS SMOOTHER AT SHIFTING, AND AUTO STICK TRANS,

NAVI OR NOT NAVI IS SAME THING .. BOTH OF THEM ARE AT 2000 DIFFERENCE.

I ENDED UP WITH A TSX. WHAT I PAID FOR IT? 26500 PLUS TAX AND LIC. NO ADD ONS.
I GOT IT IN AUG 2003 AS A 2004 MODEL. AND INTEREST RATE AT 4.99% FOR SIX YEARS LOAN AND NO DOWN PYMT. THRU MY CREDIT UNION I GOT ACURA CARE XTENDED WARRANTY FOR 895 WITH ZERO DEDUCTIBLE 5 YEARS 100K ,
Old 10-16-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 747 Likes on 449 Posts
This is easy. Drive the Accord. Drive the TSX. If you're still not sure, pick the Accord.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:19 AM
04 remembrance

Hey Jeff,

This topic has been discussed so many times that it's nearly impossible to narrow down a good "tsx vs accord" thread in this forum.

But do it anyway.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for your patience guys (and gals?). I did drive both and I'm going to do it again today hopefully I'll have narrowed a choice down...
Old 10-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Still forgetting one thing...Acura has Vehicle Stability Assist, Accord does not.

Also, resale value on the Acura is greater. Trust me i've been going back and forth on this as well, I love the power on the accord, but it definatly did not feel as sporty to me. And if you have long highway drives, then go for the TSX, you will get more milage and there is enough pep in the engine to pull the stunts you want to pull (over-taking, etc...).
Old 10-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Racer

The sound system in the TSX KICKS the accords ASS..... TSX a 10, accord about a 5

highway speeds the TSX is VERY VERY quiet...better aerodynamics than the accord....TSX gets a 10, accord a 9

the responsiveness of both cars is very good....so i'd call it a draw

insurance....i know this because my mom works for the insurance company

the TSX is CHEAPER because it has more saftey features.....we couldnt believe it....but its true!!!!

i did this same thing as you are doing.....i was torn....until i drove both cars

I picked the TSX......its just BETTER, COOLER, and will have a great resale value

sure its not as FAST off the line, but are you really going to be RACING these $30000 cars????.....this can FLY so dont worry about passing or anything like that

Old 10-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Excellent response guys, I'm, leaning towards the TSX. I off to test dribe them both again now, jezz I hate dealing with car salesmen...
Old 10-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffropugs
Excellent response guys, I'm, leaning towards the TSX. I off to test dribe them both again now, jezz I hate dealing with car salesmen...
and if you want to compare looks: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12004

Old 10-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bgillette

The sound system in the TSX KICKS the accords ASS..... TSX a 10, accord about a 5

highway speeds the TSX is VERY VERY quiet...better aerodynamics than the accord....TSX gets a 10, accord a 9

the responsiveness of both cars is very good....so i'd call it a draw

insurance....i know this because my mom works for the insurance company

the TSX is CHEAPER because it has more saftey features.....we couldnt believe it....but its true!!!!

i did this same thing as you are doing.....i was torn....until i drove both cars

I picked the TSX......its just BETTER, COOLER, and will have a great resale value

sure its not as FAST off the line, but are you really going to be RACING these $30000 cars????.....this can FLY so dont worry about passing or anything like that

Good points.

I checked out insurance rate for both cars, and TSX was cheaper!

Good luck w/ ur decision!
Old 10-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Instructor

If you asked Accord Hybrid vs. TSX, I'd go with the Honda. Otherwise, TSX. I have the TSX, my father drives the Accord V6.

Both cars are practically identical, barring looks, HID lights, and engine. I think the TSX is sexy whereas the Accord's got back.