1st Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Bound for Europe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Road Trip

Hey lads, just thought I'd share this with y'all. I left Vancouver on Monday morning heading for Campbell River, a small town on Vancouver Island. My ma was getting married so I took 3 days off and headed out. My TSX was at 987km when I got on the ferry. What great timing - the break in would be over in mere minutes after getting off the ferry.
After about 15 minutes of stop and go coming out of Nanaimo, I was soon on the Island Highway. It's pretty new and consists of two lanes cutting through what was once dense forest, so the scenery is OK. The speed limit is one of Canada's highest at 110kmh. There's a few lights along the way that are rarely red but you're supposed to slow down to 90kmh in those parts.
Early on I hit a light and decide it's v-tec time:P
I have never, ever had a car with such a rev-loving engine so my urge to let this 2.4 rip was strong. I flew through the gears shifting at about 6250 or so. I just kept going and was at 140kmh before I knew it. What a blast!! I decided to keep that speed for the remainder of the trip, save for a few spots where the cops may be. The highway was practically deserted most of the way, and anyone I passed didn't have the chance to take in the TSX's lovely lines
One thing I had forgotten about was the amount of bugs you kill at that speed. I got out of my car at ma's place and it looked like my SSM was chipped, but luckily it was just the SPLATS of innocent bugs. I had to get them off immediately!!
The rest of the trip was great, with my TSX serving as the official carrier of the bride and groom to and from the reception dinner. Everyone was impressed with my Acura, especially my sister-in-law. She just kept saying "that's such a nice car!"
Ma just loved the aluminum trim and ambient light and my brother was very impressed as well.

All in all, another kick ass TSX experience.

All in all, the TSX was flawless, as was its driver.
to the TSX
Old 07-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Advanced

Cool experience! Thanks for sharing. I've been down that road myself (sadly not in the TSX) and I have to say it's a good stretch. Next time try some of the back roads on the island, you definitely won't be dissapointed. Maybe a TSX club meet perhaps?

Congrats to your ma as well!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice write-up. You're emotionnal enough in your report that you could almost write for an exotic car mag! Hehe, have fun in the TSX!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Bound for Europe

Originally posted by MikeL
Cool experience! Thanks for sharing. I've been down that road myself (sadly not in the TSX) and I have to say it's a good stretch. Next time try some of the back roads on the island, you definitely won't be dissapointed. Maybe a TSX club meet perhaps?

Congrats to your ma as well!
Thanks MikeL...er, VP MikeL.
I was going to hit the Old Island Highway on the way up but I missed the 10:30 ferry by 3 cars so I had to make up the time, I guess.
As for a meet, I'm game for a blast to Whistler whenever we get some more BC lads on board. Them T.O. fellas looked strong at their meet.
In due time, our administration will hold the best TSX meet in North America.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:37 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Sounds like a blast! Thanks for sharing. I'm still at just under 400 miles with your car's identical twin... but it'll be broken in soon!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:42 PM
More On

Originally posted by Soze75
Thanks MikeL...er, VP MikeL.....
That's right -- Show some RESPECT!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

We should organize a Canada wide meet in Saskatchewan!!!

Wait, wait, no. All of you should come to the real centre of Canada, Toronto.

Hope everyone is enjoying their cars as much as I am.
Monday I go in for tints.

J.