'06 Early Owner Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Professional Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any under the hood pics to show us if theres something obvious giving us that extra 15hp? newly designed intake manifold?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by markcoburn
I agree.

I hope you do get to drive an '06, I'm eger to read a pre-06 owners opinion of the engine changes and also see dyno charts. Does your dealer have an '06 demo? Mine won't have them for a few shipments.

We are having an option installed next week and are scheduled for a demo car. I'm guessing it will be an '05 TSX. However, it will likely be an automatic, so it won't be a good comparison. Ours is also so new that we are trying not to spin it up too tight until we at least get the first oil change done.
Your engine will only get better as it runs in more. The TSX engine is very tight for the first 5-10K miles or so.

Excellent choice on the 6 MT! You will love it.

Good pics. The '06 looks really sharp, IMO. Enjoy your car.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:44 AM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by waTSX
Your engine will only get better as it runs in more. The TSX engine is very tight for the first 5-10K miles or so.

Excellent choice on the 6 MT! You will love it.

Good pics. The '06 looks really sharp, IMO. Enjoy your car.
My wife thinks our new car is harder to drive than the pre-06 demos we spent a good amount of time in. Could it just be because they had some miles on them?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by markcoburn
My wife thinks our new car is harder to drive than the pre-06 demos we spent a good amount of time in. Could it just be because they had some miles on them?
Not sure what you mean by harder to drive. Were the demos MT's too? The TSX throttle tip-in is a bit on the jerky side, mostly due to the DBW I think, so it may take a bit of practice to get things smoothed out.

I would say any car that has some miles on it will be smoother than one that is right off the showroom floor.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome pics dude!! very eager to get my 06 TSX.....
Old 11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by feliz
Primary display selection, Memory link position, Interior light dimming time, headlight off timer, interior light dimming time, headlight auto timer, window setup-door lock mode-keyless lock acknowledgement-security relock timer, front wiper action, language selection, outside temperature adjust, elapsed time reset condition, trip and avg fuel reset with refill and so on.
What a great feature, especialy in winter... Is there a "rain off" selection too???

seriously... I really like the new 06... looks like my mind is becoming set on it as my next car.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Mark, instead of saying you had the first TSX in the US you can say NA, you had yours an hour or two before I did. I know I had the first one in Canada and as far as I know they still aren't at the dealers. I still can't believe your VIN!!!
Nope, I was very happy and surprised to find out my local dealer had them. I popped in on Saturday and a few had just arrived on the truck. They were still in the back lot waiting to be prepped. I've got a test drive this Saturday and I CAN"T WAIT!!
I checked out some of the VINs and there was a PWP 5AT non-navi that was #53 (or was it #58?). They only had one 6mt in the delivery and it was RBP non-navi. That RBP is bluetiful! Quite dark at night. I might have to reconsider getting a graphite.

BTW, first post.
I've been reading for months in anticipation and I think I may be the only one from Victoria, BC!
Old 11-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by swirlie
Nope, I was very happy and surprised to find out my local dealer had them. I popped in on Saturday and a few had just arrived on the truck. They were still in the back lot waiting to be prepped. I've got a test drive this Saturday and I CAN"T WAIT!!
I checked out some of the VINs and there was a PWP 5AT non-navi that was #53 (or was it #58?). They only had one 6mt in the delivery and it was RBP non-navi. That RBP is bluetiful! Quite dark at night. I might have to reconsider getting a graphite.

BTW, first post.
I've been reading for months in anticipation and I think I may be the only one from Victoria, BC!
Welcome to the forum swirlie. I really like the RBP,..but not as much as NBP,......nothing beats black hehe.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you for those lovely pictures! About time someone post up some 06 pictures instead of saying "I just pick up mine this morning will pix will be up soon" yeah 2 weeks later!! Anyways nice show of the new features......wipers/aux port/update gauges/memory seats button.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone else agree that the reverse lights on the tails do NOT look smoked at all? I thought they were to be smoked?

Aside from that, GORGEOUS interiour upgrades. I'm not feelin' the new bumpers but do like the new grill. The wipers - I WANT THEM. Maybe www.acuraautomotiveparts.org will have the assemblies soon.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the grill looks too boring now, it looks better with the stripe on the hood, it gives the grill more presence. Also the foglights still look out of place to me. I am a disgruntled 2004 owner.

I like the new wipers, gauges, aux input, mid display, bluetooth, memory seats, and the new navi.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by drkangel348
I think the grill looks too boring now, it looks better with the stripe on the hood, it gives the grill more presence. Also the foglights still look out of place to me. I am a disgruntled 2004 owner.

I like the new wipers, gauges, aux input, mid display, bluetooth, memory seats, and the new navi.

When I see pre-06s on the road, the front end now looks boring to me. Funny that I would use the same word to describe the differences oppositely.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JeffS
Feliz, what color combo did you get?
Graphite Pearl, I believe it's the same as your Carbon Gray.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DateTSX
Thank you for those lovely pictures! About time someone post up some 06 pictures instead of saying "I just pick up mine this morning will pix will be up soon" yeah 2 weeks later!!
As the only other owner so far you're probably talking about me although your confused, I didn't pick it up in the morning and it hasn't been two weeks. You should really take a course in English.

I emailed pictures to a few poeple that ask but I think I said I didn't know how to post them on here. As the poeple that I sent them to can attest to they were lousy pictures, Mark's are much better and makes me posting mine redundant.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
What a great feature, especialy in winter... Is there a "rain off" selection too???

seriously... I really like the new 06... looks like my mind is becoming set on it as my next car.
Be nice if we could change the temperature or stop the rain.

Actualy, the only thing I wish was on the display that's not is tire pressure monitoring. I think I mentioned before that there's 50 pages in the manual devoted to the MID.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Race Director

It looks even more Knight Riderish car to me now. Are there more different variations of Male and female voices now on the navi?
Old 11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn the interior is sweet!!......so jealous!!...... congratz man!
Old 11-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by swirlie
BTW, first post.
Welcome to the forum Swirlie

Glad to hear they're showing up in the showrooms. Take your cheque book Saturday, once you drive one you'll take it home.

The one we have is actually my wife's even though I talk like it's mine. I think it's such a great car now that I'm driving it I'm thinking of selling my MDX and buying myself a TSX.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSXdawg
Just wondering if any of you new 06 tsx owners can tell us if your manual tells you whether the car has brake assist? Although it has been mentioned several times, acura.com does not list it as a feature.
Welcome to the forum TSXdawg, I see it's your first post.

Good question, I searched the owners manual and could find nothing. Maybe when someone gets a service manual.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:54 PM
7th Gear

Great pics, nice to see photos from a “real” person instead of marketing images, I feel they give you a more accurate impression.

When the ’06 fist came out, I have to admit that I really did not like the wheels. That might be because the previous wheels were some of the nicest stock ones I had ever seen. But I realize things need to evolve, and the new wheels are growing on me. They especially look really nice in motion if you watch the video on the acura.com site. I’m still not sure if I will stick with the stock wheels or upgrade. There are a couple of options on acura.com, but it is really hard to tell what those will look like just from the site. Also as I am from Canada I’m not sure what will be available here.

While it is true I have never seen a TSX I didn’t like, I have been torn as to what colour to get since deciding to get a TSX way back when. It has always been a toss up between black or white (I know, exact opposites). These pics really have me wanting a black, I do think they look the absolute best if clean. Unfortunately that is a big IF most of the year when you are living up here, hard to keep clean. Although my condo does have a carwash bay, I could see it becoming a hassle. I don’t feel like I am sacrificing much with the white pearl, I love it too and some days I actually think that is my favourite. Decisions, decisions…
Old 11-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Racer

Be nice if we could change the temperature or stop the rain.

Actualy, the only thing I wish was on the display that's not is tire pressure monitoring. I think I mentioned before that there's 50 pages in the manual devoted to the MID.
You mean the TSX doesn't have the direct TPMS that the 06 TL has ?
Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Welcome to the forum Swirlie

Glad to hear they're showing up in the showrooms. Take your cheque book Saturday, once you drive one you'll take it home.

The one we have is actually my wife's even though I talk like it's mine. I think it's such a great car now that I'm driving it I'm thinking of selling my MDX and buying myself a TSX.
Thanks for the welcomes, west and feliz.
Maybe I should. And if it's still unsold and I decide on the blue, I could be sitting in *my* new car in a couple days.

Originally Posted by GIFT2SELF
That might be because the previous wheels were some of the nicest stock ones I had ever seen.
Have you seen the new CSX wheels? I'd take those over the stock TSX wheels (they are nice, though) if they came in 17's or 18's.

Hmm, I think my decision just came down to RBP/black or GP/quartz. I'm liking that 2-tone quartz interior. It's got more character than the straight black.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Instructor

it IS NICE TO HAVE THE 06. AND WORTH THE GREEN CASH TOO! I WANT TO GET THE 06 AND TRADE IN OR SELL MY 04 TSX NAVI. BUT I WILL LOSE TOO MUCH GREEN CASH, SO I WILL STICK WITH MY 04. IT IS NICE TO HAVE ALL THESE ADDITIONAL FEATURES ON THE 06 COMPARE TO MY 04. BUT MONEY COST IS 1500 MORE THAN MY 04. AND RATES ARE HIGHER AND PRICES FOR 06 IS COOLED DOWN FOR THE TSX FOR NOW. SO NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT BOTTOM LINE. I PAID A LITTLE TOO MUCH FOR MY 04 TSX WITH NAVI IN SUMMER 2003 BUT MY RATE IS SO LOW TO THE POINT IS THE SAME TOTAL PYMT WITH INTEREST IF I GOT IN SUMMER 2004 AT A LOWER PRICE BUT AT A HIGHER RATE.
I LIKE THE NAVI FOR 06, VOICE COMMAND ON THE STREET NAME TOO?. WILL YOU TRADE YOUR 04 IN IF DEALER PAY YOU 22500? WHEN YOU PAID PAID 27 PYMTS AND ONLY 45 TO GO? IF I BUY THE NEW 06 WITH NAVI, EVEN AT INVOICE PLUS TAX, I M STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN WITH SAME OR CLOSE TO MY CURRENT PYMT, AND LOST AT LEAST 5K PER YEAR?
TOO MUCH MAN!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:34 PM
9th Gear

New 2006 TSX

Mark, You did a great job taking those pictures. You did a good Job high lighting the new changes. We just pickup our Carbon Grey 2006 w/NAV last night, and love it. In Aug. we were looking at buying an 05, but we decided to put a deposit down, wait till the 06's came out, and I'm glad we did. Any TSX year and model is a great car, and hold their value well, but we like the new features. We had a good salesperson and dealership to work with, and we got about 10% off MSRP. We are about 2 hours south of you, and I didn't make it up to Portland. I did make a trip Salem OR dealership. While they too maybe a good Dealership, they didn't want to work with us on the price much, so we when back to Eugene.

Like yours, our dealership has received one, and only sofar, and we drove it of the lot last night :-)

While the new wheels are nice, we may still change them to some custom chrome wheels to be a little different. The only thing else will be to add a rear spoiler (I just didn't want to spend $800, for the dealer to install it).

I know everyone in this group are pretty knowlageable about these cars, but I would be glad to answer any questions that I can
Thanks,
Ray
Eugene, OR
Old 11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by curls
Anyone else agree that the reverse lights on the tails do NOT look smoked at all? I thought they were to be smoked?

Aside from that, GORGEOUS interiour upgrades. I'm not feelin' the new bumpers but do like the new grill. The wipers - I WANT THEM. Maybe www.acuraautomotiveparts.org will have the assemblies soon.
I don't think they were supposed to be smoked, just the different light pattern form the reflectors. Like you I'm more curious about the wipers. I really hope we can put them on the 04,05's
Old 11-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dampfnudel
You mean the TSX doesn't have the direct TPMS that the 06 TL has ?
dampfnudel, no it doesn't, I actually thought it was a requirement for 06 but I guess not.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Raymond
Mark, You did a great job taking those pictures. You did a good Job high lighting the new changes. We just pickup our Carbon Grey 2006 w/NAV last night, and love it. In Aug. we were looking at buying an 05, but we decided to put a deposit down, wait till the 06's came out, and I'm glad we did. Any TSX year and model is a great car, and hold their value well, but we like the new features. We had a good salesperson and dealership to work with, and we got about 10% off MSRP. We are about 2 hours south of you, and I didn't make it up to Portland. I did make a trip Salem OR dealership. While they too maybe a good Dealership, they didn't want to work with us on the price much, so we when back to Eugene.

Like yours, our dealership has received one, and only sofar, and we drove it of the lot last night :-)

While the new wheels are nice, we may still change them to some custom chrome wheels to be a little different. The only thing else will be to add a rear spoiler (I just didn't want to spend $800, for the dealer to install it).

I know everyone in this group are pretty knowlageable about these cars, but I would be glad to answer any questions that I can
Thanks,
Ray
Eugene, OR
It's actually the Eugene dealership that originaly gave me my deal. The Portland dealer matched it.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 AM
9th Gear

06 impression

Sounds like it worked out well, and while this is only the second "new" car we've bought, it's also nicer to buy local for follow-up service, even though I know any dealership can do it. Did you make a stop in the Salem dealership?
Just wondering. That's where we were sent, when we reguested an "internet" quote that was "suppost" to be lower, through these on-line buying places. I'll look for you on I-5. :-)
Ray...
Old 11-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Racer

damn i really like the little info screen between the guages. and the being able to say streets into the nav seems nice (even though i barely put streets in the nav) and the blue tooth.

its weird, i dont even really care if thereis more power, as my 05 seems to be plenty fast, but the interior stuff is great.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
dampfnudel, no it doesn't, I actually thought it was a requirement for 06 but I guess not.
I think its a "phase in" type of thing, for example (not real figures)

2005 20% have to have it
2006 60% etc.
2007 all cars
Old 11-25-2005, 04:39 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the info on the brake assist feliz and congrats on your new car.

I've been reading the forums for a few months and I have to say you guys are a wealth of knowledge about everything TSX.

I went to the dealership a couple of days ago and they had just received their first 06 tsx. Let me tell you guys, it was all I could do to not buy one right on the spot. The 06's are sweeeeeet. I can see why you guys are so into your cars. It is interesting to read the forum and then go to the dealer and see all the new features that I read about (ie. memory seats, new steering wheel, blue tooth etc. etc.) I was spouting off to the salesman about all the new 06 features and he just kinda stood there and nodded...I think that he thought I was nuts.

I wasn't a big fan of them at first but those new rims are actually really nice in person. Pictures don't do them justice.

Anyways, my plan is to buy an 06 TSX sometime next spring, once they stop salting the roads. I plan on getting one with the A-Spec suspension and just the side body kit from the dealer. Haven't decided on colour yet. Can't wait 'til next spring!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
I think its a "phase in" type of thing, for example (not real figures)

2005 20% have to have it
2006 60% etc.
2007 all cars
While the TPMS is a requirement, the rules don't require a direct pressure reading. For many years cars will have the indirect off the ABS sensor set up.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Pro

Seems like the guys from the West Coast got the TSX in first. (makes sense since they come from japan)

Here in the East (montreal) according to the salesman, we are getting them first week December.

Anyone in montreal or anywhere east coast in Canada saw the 2006 TSX in dealers?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:00 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Tintin

Anyone in montreal or anywhere east coast in Canada saw the 2006 TSX in dealers?

I'll be at the dealer tommorrow morning. I was hoping to test drive an 06 but it doesn't look like that will be possible.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet u listen to "The Fish" too, that and "The Torch"
Old 11-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dom
I'll be at the dealer tommorrow morning. I was hoping to test drive an 06 but it doesn't look like that will be possible.
Unfortunatly here in lame-o-Quebec dealers are closed on weekends, unlike you Ontario-ans.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro

wops, sorry
just found out that the dealers got the car in today, and it will be ready in the showroom and test drive on monday.

update for anyone else in montreal Quebec
Old 11-25-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by wclark
sweet u listen to "The Fish" too, that and "The Torch"
Yes. However, the photo was to show the Aux select button in the top right, not my choice of XM stations. Thanks for the couple of complements that I've gotten though.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tintin
wops, sorry
just found out that the dealers got the car in today, and it will be ready in the showroom and test drive on monday.

update for anyone else in montreal Quebec
My dealer had already sold all the '06s before they arrived. So they won't have a demo until at least the next allocation.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by drkangel348

the fog light thing doesnt look so bad on black since you cant really see them. but o silver like most of the early pictures it looks terrible.

i love the new interior though. i dont really caer about the wipers (i live in southern california and it barely rains) and i think the old exterior / rims, larger looking grill (because the top was on the hood) looked better.

but the interior is what almost made me not get an 05 (got a really really good deal though). blue tooth and that little small info display and the new nav are all very nice i like how the menus on the new nav unit are more organized (such as the xm screen, though i dont use xm).

i think primarily the 2 interior features i like most are the handsfree and the little UI screen between the gauges. too bad its probably impossibly to retrofit either of those 2.

Quick Reply: '06 Early Owner Impressions