'06 Early Owner Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coburn, another great post that is going to make waiting for my '06 even harder...
Old 11-23-2005, 08:38 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by dom
That pic is why I'm asking. I presume you no longer need the Navi but isn't it possible that it still works in conjunction with the Navi
I notice no relationship with the Navi.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bluetooth....how many phones?

how many phones can you program to work with it?

it's really going to suck if only one of us can program our phone to work with it....

can it distinguish between two phones?

such trivial things to ask about, but this is important!!!!!

by the way, black is looking sexy.

i can't wait to post some royal blue pics for everyone. i'm still drooling over the fact that i almost paid the same price for the 2005 a month ago!

27,500! can't wait.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by STL
I'm curious to know MPG stuff is independant of navi too. In addition, the '06 brochure makes it sound like you get voice commands (for bluetooth) without navi. I had assumed you needed navi for the voice stuff but that might not be the case.
Bluetooth is indipendant software from Navi. Even the voice sounds slightly different (better) when the bluetooth software is talking.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ostrich
It's beautiful! Thanks for posting the nice review and the pics! Now, the same question here - is that NBP? I think that the new blue colors are gorgeous in the pics. I would love to see them in person. I am not feeling the dark green though.... maybe it will look better in person.
Black
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bradykp

it's really going to suck if only one of us can program our phone to work with it....

can it distinguish between two phones?

such trivial things to ask about, but this is important!!!!!

by the way, black is looking sexy.

i can't wait to post some royal blue pics for everyone. i'm still drooling over the fact that i almost paid the same price for the 2005 a month ago!

27,500! can't wait.
Seems like dealer said 9. Whatever it was, seemed like more than enough.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bradykp

Six phones can be paired with the system with the car recognizing the phones automatically.

50 numbers can be stored in the address book.

The voice can be changed to male or female.

The phone works within 30 feet of the car, I tried mine and it worked further.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by feliz
Six phones can be paired with the system with the car recognizing the phones automatically.

50 numbers can be stored in the address book.

The voice can be changed to male or female.

The phone works within 30 feet of the car, I tried mine and it worked further.
I was in the garage, thought I was placing a call through my phone. I was actually using my wife's that was in the house.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by markcoburn
I was in the garage, thought I was placing a call through my phone. I was actually using my wife's that was in the house.
Where was your phone? Was your wife's the nearest phone, I wonder how it decides which phone to use!! The sound quality over the phone is awesome isn't it?

Mark, instead of saying you had the first TSX in the US you can say NA, you had yours an hour or two before I did. I know I had the first one in Canada and as far as I know they still aren't at the dealers. I still can't believe your VIN!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eve
Great post... now I want a 2006
yeah I know huh! alot of the new features really come in handy. I have the 6MT Navi, so for one talking on a bluetooth link is very helpful because everyone just loves to call me as I'm shifting and making a turn , the navi with speech text (instead of typing it in) again a big plus when you're driving a manual. And the memory seat...ah geez what a wonderful feature that would have been to have from all the people driving my car, it takes forever to get the seat back to my favorite position (or at least to find a new one).

I still wish Acura though would make their radios and CD players text recognizable...I mean even GM's barebone's CD player reads RDS and CD text.

Okay sorry getting off topic. In any case, congratulations on your purchase!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Where was your phone? Was your wife's the nearest phone, I wonder how it decides which phone to use!! The sound quality over the phone is awesome isn't it?
It pairs first to the phone used most often in the car (well,that's how the TL works.... I can't see this one being too different).
Old 11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
It pairs first to the phone used most often in the car (well,that's how the TL works.... I can't see this one being too different).
Ahhhhhhhh. That make sense, thanks Colin. Have you see Excited yet?

Have you sold an 06?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Have you sold an 06?
We're out of cars right now. Waiting our next batch of 8-9 cars. I have a deposit on a Glacier Blue/Ebony. I can't wait to see what this looks like!

I will say (no matter what Dom thinks...) the power bump is noticable. Very much like the difference in feel between my old 2001 S2000 and the 2.2 liter 2005 car. More midrange punch. Again, I didn't VTEC it, so there might be more up top, but since you're only in VTEC for 1000 rpm, I think the amount of power under 6K is especially important.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Have you sold an 06?

yeah, i'm really surprised Excited hasn't found an internet cafe or something to come visit us...
his dealer back home must be really missing him by now

so what's the deal w/ the delivery dates to the left coast?? no dealers have tsx's on the east coast yet as far as i know...
Old 11-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
I will say (no matter what Dom thinks...) the power bump is noticable.
I've had a few poeple from the forum private emial me asking if I notice the power increase and I always say I can't really tell any difference even tough I think I can, I just don't want to mislead anyone. You get to drive a lot more of the cars than I do so you would be a better judge. I've 0nly driven an 04/05 a few times but to my mind there is a noticeable increase on the bottom end. Or is it wishfull thinking
Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by z-tec

yeah, i'm really surprised Excited hasn't found an internet cafe or something to come visit us...
his dealer back home must be really missing him by now
Heck, I'm even missing him, or at least his enthusiasm!! He said he was going to drop into the dealership while on vacation.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Suzuka Master

I've had a few poeple from the forum private emial me asking if I notice the power increase and I always say I can't really tell any difference even tough I think I can, I just don't want to mislead anyone. You get to drive a lot more of the cars than I do so you would be a better judge. I've 0nly driven an 04/05 a few times but to my mind there is a noticeable increase on the bottom end. Or is it wishfull thinking
What!??? YOu mean the "twin cheek" dyno could be wrong?! Perish the thought! And no, I don't think Excited has stopped by the store yet. Well, at least I haven't seen any pale white legs....eh?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Advanced

Wipers

Nice wipers, but I was contemplating what the replacement cost would be since only an Acura Dealer (for the moment) would sell replacements. Ever try getting any kind of replacement wiper for any car at a parts store-nothing fits unless you buy a whole new wiper frame.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Instructor

dyno will tell the story...but makes sense that it would be subtle.
10-15 hp boost is only 5-7 percent increase....plus the real factor in power that you "feel" is torque and that really didn't change much...

my
Old 11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looking at the various colors, i think the NBP exterior hides the spacing between the hood and chrome grill really well on the '06.

you can barely notice it from the pics of the car, compared to the SSM on acura's interactive site...what do you think??
Old 11-23-2005, 09:43 PM
taf
Advanced

So I'm still curious guys. Does the Nav still have the trip computer page like it used to or is that information only availible on the MID?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Instructor

Heck, I'm even missing him, or at least his enthusiasm!! He said he was going to drop into the dealership while on vacation.
yes, i must say he's the most enthusiastic A-zine member i've ever seen...i loved the stretch when he was perseverating about his color choices....
Racer

Originally Posted by taf
So I'm still curious guys. Does the Nav still have the trip computer page like it used to or is that information only availible on the MID?
Only MID.
Intermediate

I have a question about the volume and tune knobs underneath the nav screen. It looks like they are almost a different color metal knob then the metal trim. It also looks like it has some kind of circular scratch or buff pattern on the front face of the knob. Can you describe this more in detail or take a photo of it?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sevans28
I have a question about the volume and tune knobs underneath the nav screen. It looks like they are almost a different color metal knob then the metal trim. It also looks like it has some kind of circular scratch or buff pattern on the front face of the knob. Can you describe this more in detail or take a photo of it?
My garage isn't well lit, I'll take a look in daylight unless someone else answers your question.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by z-tec
dyno will tell the story...but makes sense that it would be subtle.
10-15 hp boost is only 5-7 percent increase....plus the real factor in power that you "feel" is torque and that really didn't change much...

my
True, but I think the torque curve is different. Anyway, we've been "kicking around" just how much of a gain it is. I think its more of a gain than most people get with a typical I/E on the TSX. BUT the important thing is that there's more!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

My garage isn't well lit, I'll take a look in daylight unless someone else answers your question.
Yeah, its a circular brushed aluminum look. The Silver plastic trim is a matte finish, and not brushed. They do look a bit different.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:58 PM
no0bIe

Very nice, good choice in color... I love the new gauges..
Old 11-23-2005, 10:19 PM
taf
Advanced

Someone mentioned the MID has a lot of custom settings for the driver. What kind of options does it give you?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Headlight off timing, interior light dimmer timing, door locking and unlocking options, how long it waits to re-lock. Thats off the top of my head.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by taf
Someone mentioned the MID has a lot of custom settings for the driver. What kind of options does it give you?
Primary display selection, Memory link position, Interior light dimming time, headlight off timer, interior light dimming time, headlight auto timer, window setup-door lock mode-keyless lock acknowledgement-security relock timer, front wiper action, language selection, outside temperature adjust, elapsed time reset condition, trip and avg fuel reset with refill and so on.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

does the driver's seat move back when you turn the car off, so it's easier to get out? and then when you put the key in the ignition, move back up to your memory setting? like the maxima?
just curious
Old 11-23-2005, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by taf
Don't know what it used to have. I have not noticed anything in the nave that has the trip computer info.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:17 PM
9th Gear

Great pics and info

tks

Gary
Old 11-23-2005, 11:41 PM
taf
Advanced

Okay, in the first photos from of the 06 instrument panel from vtec.net i could see an orange icon lit up similar to the one on the MID button on the steering wheel. Actually now that I look at it there is a white one too over by the temp gauge. What does this mean?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Feliz, what color combo did you get?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:44 AM
Instructor

Just wondering if any of you new 06 tsx owners can tell us if your manual tells you whether the car has brake assist? Although it has been mentioned several times, acura.com does not list it as a feature.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Pro

what is the 0-60mph time with the 2006 TSX?
and what was the 05/04 time?!

i wonder if they are the same...

Anyway, i looooooove (drool, drool) the TSX and caaant wait till i own one, but for the person who owns that 2006, do you find that there are too many information being displayed in such a tight/small place. like that clock on top, so small, yet it shows the station you are on, the time, the temp, etc...
the display screen too in the center...
Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by taf
Okay, in the first photos from of the 06 instrument panel from vtec.net i could see an orange icon lit up similar to the one on the MID button on the steering wheel. Actually now that I look at it there is a white one too over by the temp gauge. What does this mean?
When the car has a message for you, like low fuel or oil change due, a little "i" lights up. If the message is not already on the display, you press the 'i' button until you get to the message.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tintin
what is the 0-60mph time with the 2006 TSX?
and what was the 05/04 time?!

i wonder if they are the same...

Anyway, i looooooove (drool, drool) the TSX and caaant wait till i own one, but for the person who owns that 2006, do you find that there are too many information being displayed in such a tight/small place. like that clock on top, so small, yet it shows the station you are on, the time, the temp, etc...
the display screen too in the center...
I like all the info. Many displays can be turned off if it gets too busy for youy. The Navi will go black if you don't answer the inital safety warning. The MID screen can be cycled around so that only the odomiter and trip counter are lit (in one of the pics).

Quick Reply: '06 Early Owner Impressions