05 W/Navi Now has integrated Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 W/Navi Now has integrated Bluetooth

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone out there has done anything similar to what I put in my TSX. When I first got the car, I got the Blitzsafe UII and PIE X3 to integrate my iPod and keep XM. Well that left me with two more inputs left which was unused until this weekend.

I was sick of always using my bluetooth headset and it wasn't working great with my iPhone. So I went out and bought the Scosche UBRH. It's a bluetooth accessory that outputs to RCA jacks and includes a hands free mic. I put it in easy and it works pretty good. With the iPhone, it lowers the music and goes right into my call all seamlessly. The only gripe i have about it is the unit doesn't have echo cancellation technology so the person i'm talking to can hear an echo of themselves if i have the speakers up to loud, but I can hear them great.

Just wanted to put out my solution to the 05 not having hands free link. Anyone else do this or use something similar. I was looking at the parrot ones and they looked good to, but this Scosche one was an easy install since I already had the RCA hookups in my car.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

^^^Doesn't that mean, though, that you always have to switch to the specific aux source on your PIE when you want to make or receive a call?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Advanced

Yes, but only if i'm listening to FM radio. I don't have XM anymore and I just use either FM or my iPod/iPhone. I split one input on the PIE so that it accepts the bluetooth and the iPod/iPhone. So if i'm listening with my iPhone, then the iPhone handles muting the audio and then the bluetooth just comes on. If i'm listening with my iPod, then all i have to do is pause the iPod. All of this without switching any sources. If i'm listening to FM then I would have to just switch to AUX. Basically I never have to touch the PIE switcher b/c its all on one input.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
08 MDX with Sports

What is it called "Scosche UBRH"? I have that USA Spec Hon2Y for my 04'Navi and I'm pretty sure it has RCA jack along with Ipod connector.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Advanced

Ya just google Scosche UBRH. I got mine at Best Buy for $99.99. I would of bought it online for maybe a little cheaper but I wanted to do it that day.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Slippy maybe...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by critic81
Just wanted to put out my solution to the 05 not having hands free link. Anyone else do this or use something similar. I was looking at the parrot ones and they looked good to, but this Scosche one was an easy install since I already had the RCA hookups in my car.
Well done!

I don't have NAVI in my 05 and bought the Parrot CK3100 for mine. I'm very pleased with the setup and the sound quality is superb. I put the control unit in the "Not an ashtray" bin and the microphone is sitting over the rear view mirror. The "brains" of the unit are stuffed behind the storage bin.

The Parrot kit takes over the car audio no matter what source I'm on -- though I have to make sure to leave the radio's power on all the time for the phone audio to come through the speakers.

Here's some photos:

Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
10th Gear

ryanhook,

I'm interested in knowing what type of wiring harness you used to inegrate the Parrot? I wanted to get the 3200, but Parrot informed me that there is no harness for connecting to the '05 TSX that will allow it to integrate with the stock audio system. Please advise. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Slippy maybe...

Originally Posted by tulsah
ryanhook,

I'm interested in knowing what type of wiring harness you used to inegrate the Parrot? I wanted to get the 3200, but Parrot informed me that there is no harness for connecting to the '05 TSX that will allow it to integrate with the stock audio system. Please advise. Thanks.
Well, that's not entirely true. Thanks to some fellow Acurazine members who installed the kits before me, I found out there was a third-party adapter available to simplify the process and avoid cutting wires — making it literally a plug-and-play install.

Go to http://parrotkits.com/ and under Adapters, you'll find the ones for our cars. I took the advice of a fellow TSX owner on here and bought the amplified adapter "Acura/Honda Amplified Adapter QCHBB-HA" (direct link here: http://parrotkits.com/donotcut.html#QCHON-A).

It was the more costly option, but it allowed me to adjust the audio levels coming from the kit to be in line with the audio levels coming from the radio. Apparently the regular, non-amplified adapter (QCHON-1) ends up making the audio from the Parrot come out very loud, so the QCHBB-HA allows you to adjust the levels up or down as needed (plus, still have the ability to increase/decrease volume through the Parrot itself).
Old 09-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Advanced

That is a pretty slick install you have there. Ya a reason I didn't get the parrot was because I didn't fell like splicing wires, but with that harness it looks like it's pretty simple. Nice job!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Slippy maybe...

Originally Posted by critic81
That is a pretty slick install you have there. Ya a reason I didn't get the parrot was because I didn't fell like splicing wires, but with that harness it looks like it's pretty simple. Nice job!
Thanks! I also didn't want to do any splicing -- so I was happy to find out about the adapters before I purchased the kit.

I was quite pleased with my DIY install too.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 PM
ridiculously good looking

ryanhook, would i still have an aux plug available under my radio after connecting the QCHBB-HA (quick connect kit) to the tsx?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Slippy maybe...

Originally Posted by tsx 2 nv
ryanhook, would i still have an aux plug available under my radio after connecting the QCHBB-HA (quick connect kit) to the tsx?
Yes, you'll still have the AUX port available. The kit doesn't interact with the AUX input at all. It runs inline with the harness that goes into the back of the deck to the factory amp.

I have a ice>Link iPod adapter running out of my AUX port.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by ryanhook
Yes, you'll still have the AUX port available. The kit doesn't interact with the AUX input at all. It runs inline with the harness that goes into the back of the deck to the factory amp.

I have a ice>Link iPod adapter running out of my AUX port.
Sorry Ryan... just one more clarification! I'm using a different mute harness in my car, but it plugs directly into the amp. Does your harness plug into the radio?

In other words:

Mine is like this...

XM/AUX/etc. plug ---> iPod adapter ---> Radio/head unit ---> QCHBB type harness ---> Factory amp

Is yours like this?

XM/AUX/etc. plug ---> iPod adapter ---> QCHBB ---> Radio/head unit ---> Factory amp

The reason I'm asking is because I get some intermittent cutoff from time to time... my left front tweeter might cut out for 1 sec... which is weird b/c the BT kit output is to the front right speakers. It's random and doesn't happen often, but I'd prefer to keep the "lines" from the head unit to the factory amp untouched if that's what yours does.

I've emailed the Quick Connect guys, and they told me they send instructions on how to make the harness work with other specific BT kits.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
10th Gear

bump. where is the correct place to plug the qhcbb adapter?
i have a 2004 with nav. unplugged the lowest harness on the back of the nav. replaced with qhcbb. plugged recently removed plug into the female end of the qhcbb. now my touchscreen is dead. i did all this without removing the navi. any help is most appreciated.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
10th Gear

ok. solved my qchbb-ha problem. yes, i forgot to plug back in the harness that goes into the xm/aux plug on the bottom of the HU. in my haste to remove a denison icelink, ended up leaving the existing wire unplugged.

so anyway, installed the new(ish) parrot mki9100 and seems to be pretty good so far. in addition to noise cancelling bluetooth goodness for phone calls, this unit also plays and controls ipods/iphones/etc for music. it actually displays artist and track info! which is something the dumb 2004 navi couldn't do. (well, at least not that i could figure out, maybe had the wrong ipod adapter?). anyway, install with the qchbb is pretty nice. did not have to remove HU at all. was able to use a mirror to located the plug on the back of the HU (at the bottom) and remove it and replace with qchbb. hardest part is running cable for microphone which goes up by the sunglass holder thing. and still haven't officially mounted the display because there isn't a really great place to do that.