05 End of Year Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 End of Year Pricing

With the 06s at our doorstep, is it unreasonable to think that dealerships will be selling the remainder of their 05s at or close to invoice price??

To see what a dealer would say, I sent an email to one dealer here in the Hartford, CT area asking about the best price he could offer -- I went as far as suggesting around invoice price. This is the response, and I quote, "I'm sorry, Acura vehicles do not depreciate like the American cars do. I'm not even close to invoice and I would never sell a Acura at that price."

I am well aware of Acura's resale value, however, I find the last part of the statement relatviely obsurd at this time of year. Am I nuts for thinking close to invoice for an 05 with MT and non-navi?

Thanks for your input!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:27 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

I have a 2006 on order for invoice + $700. That should be about $1900 below MSRP.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markcoburn
I have a 2006 on order for invoice + $700. That should be about $1900 below MSRP.
i saw a similar post from another AZ member for 750 over invoice.....thanks for the reply
Old 09-03-2005, 04:46 PM

2005 should be going for much closer to invoice. If not under it. The changes are surly worth more than the invoice price bump will be. Also, you have lost a year of re-sell value. When I am selling my 2006 for x-amount, you will be selling a 2005 and the buyers will consider it a year older.

Those two things alone should get you to invoice on a car they need to get rid of.

The only way to get a good deal is call or email different dealers. They are in competition with eachother. In 2 months, when the 2006s are on the lot, they will have to drop their shorts to sell the 05s.

I know that many 04/05 owners are complaining about the pictures of the 06. But I bet if a new coustomer looked at both, side by side, including all the new features, they would be willing to pay greater than $1000 more for the 06.

I bought my 2000 Miata several months before the 2001 was due to arrive. There where far less changes than we have for the 06 TSX. Yet I got my Miata for $800 under invoice. It's not an Amarican car. It has very strong resell value. In fact, I paid less for my new 2000 than the lowest price I was able to negotiate for a used 1999.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by markcoburn
2005 should be going for much closer to invoice. If not under it. The changes are surly worth more than the invoice price bump will be. Also, you have lost a year of re-sell value. When I am selling my 2006 for x-amount, you will be selling a 2005 and the buyers will consider it a year older.

Those two things alone should get you to invoice on a car they need to get rid of.

The only way to get a good deal is call or email different dealers. They are in competition with eachother. In 2 months, when the 2006s are on the lot, they will have to drop their shorts to sell the 05s.

I know that many 04/05 owners are complaining about the pictures of the 06. But I bet if a new coustomer looked at both, side by side, including all the new features, they would be willing to pay greater than $1000 more for the 06.

I bought my 2000 Miata several months before the 2001 was due to arrive. There where far less changes than we have for the 06 TSX. Yet I got my Miata for $800 under invoice. It's not an Amarican car. It has very strong resell value. In fact, I paid less for my new 2000 than the lowest price I was able to negotiate for a used 1999.
You bring up a great point, which is also what I told this dealer via email.....new features, lost years worth of deprecepation(sp), etc. Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere since this guy doesn't want to play ball.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
There were some cars that were seling very close to invoice (05's) even during the middle of the year. Try checking the owners sign in thread. You will see what everone paid.
There were people that got awesome deals.

It depends on what region you are in too.
I have found the dealers in the southeast especially the Georgia area wont drop that much on the price. I got it for $28K and that was when i brought in 2 other buyers. (auto, navi).
No other dealer would even come close, some even quoted me MSRP. it's crazy!
if you're around here, i bet i could probably get you that deal if i walked in with you. But... like i said... i guess it's all supply and demand. The georgia dealers can't keep the TSX's in stock. I had to wait 3 weeks for mine.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
5th Gear

also in CT

[QUOTE=RobotMonkey]With the 06s at our doorstep, is it unreasonable to think that dealerships will be selling the remainder of their 05s at or close to invoice price??

To see what a dealer would say, I sent an email to one dealer here in the Hartford, CT area asking about the best price he could offer -- I went as far as suggesting around invoice price. This is the response, and I quote, "I'm sorry, Acura vehicles do not depreciate like the American cars do. I'm not even close to invoice and I would never sell a Acura at that price."

I am well aware of Acura's resale value, however, I find the last part of the statement relatviely obsurd at this time of year. Am I nuts for thinking close to invoice for an 05 with MT and non-navi?

Thanks for your input![/QUOTE

Bernie at Morande Acura was great! He gave me a price of $25,800 for a 2005 AT no Nav. Unfortunately the color I wanted wasn't available. You can forget Acura of Avon, they wouldn't even come close to the price and said that if anyone was willing to sell at that price, I should go there.....so I did!!! This morning I went all the way to Bedford NY and picked up my 2005 carbon gray for $25,700 and they even tossed in fog lights and touch up paint at no additional charge! Ask to speak to James Schore. I did everything over the phone and the whole process was actually one of the most pleasant car buying experiences I had. No hassles, no haggling!!! The trip to Bedford wasn't too bad. I84 to I684 to Saw Mill Pkwy. Took around an hour to get there. I hear the same guy owns Acura of Greenwich, so you can give that a try if that's closer for you. Good luck!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:13 PM

$25,800 is $1000 over invoice for a 2005 non navi. It's good you got the free lights. I'm getting a 2006 for $700 over invoice, fog lights and much more included.

I might be super lucky, but I doubt it. I still think that those of you willing to take a year old car without all the new upgrades should be doing better than this. You are helping them by clearing the lot. Even if they sell at invoice, they are still making money on the car and they are assuring that they won't loose when the 2006 is sitting next to it.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:05 PM
5th Gear

$25,400 is the invoice price with the destination factored in. I bought my 2005 for $300 over invoice, factoring in fog lights of over $250, I came in just a little over invoice. So what exactly is the price you're paying for your 2006 that makes it $700 over invoice???
Old 09-04-2005, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by avonct2005tsx
$25,400 is the invoice price with the destination factored in. I bought my 2005 for $300 over invoice, factoring in fog lights of over $250, I came in just a little over invoice. So what exactly is the price you're paying for your 2006 that makes it $700 over invoice???
Your deal is sounding much better.

I'm paying $700 over invoice + destination + what ever increase there is in 05-06 invoice price. For some resion I thought your price was not including destination. That swings it the other way by how ever much my destination cost will be. If it's still $600, I'll be at $1300 over. So $1000 more than you + any bump in invoice or destination for the '06.

If a few of the new features where not so valuable to me, I might actually be haggling for an '05, just to get a great car at the lowest possible price. Like I did in 2000.

Everyone should be getting deals like this or better. Seems like an '05 buyer with a print out of the '06 data in hand, should be in a strong position.

Think about residual values.

Here are Edmunds trade in values for 04 and 05 TSXs.

2005 $22,532
2004 $21,265
==========
Difference = $1,267

There is over $1000 difference in market value just because of one year difference in there model year. Imagine if an '05 seller could tell the buyer that it has more HP and many more features than the previous model. That is what an '05 seller is going to be up against when it comes time to sell next to an '06. I'm betting that I'll get my $1000+ back out of it and have the extra features as a bonus.

The funny thing is that some people are out there buying '05s at MSRP.

I'd say you did quite well, especially if the transaction was as plesent as I read it was.

I just pulled up the inventory of a dealer in Seattle. They have 19 TSXs in stock. Thay have got to be feeling some pressure.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

[QUOTE=avonct2005tsx]
Originally Posted by RobotMonkey
With the 06s at our doorstep, is it unreasonable to think that dealerships will be selling the remainder of their 05s at or close to invoice price??

Thanks for your input![/QUOTE

Bernie at Morande Acura was great! He gave me a price of $25,800 for a 2005 AT no Nav. Unfortunately the color I wanted wasn't available. You can forget Acura of Avon, they wouldn't even come close to the price and said that if anyone was willing to sell at that price, I should go there.....so I did!!! This morning I went all the way to Bedford NY and picked up my 2005 carbon gray for $25,700 and they even tossed in fog lights and touch up paint at no additional charge! Ask to speak to James Schore. I did everything over the phone and the whole process was actually one of the most pleasant car buying experiences I had. No hassles, no haggling!!! The trip to Bedford wasn't too bad. I84 to I684 to Saw Mill Pkwy. Took around an hour to get there. I hear the same guy owns Acura of Greenwich, so you can give that a try if that's closer for you. Good luck!!!

Morande is the dealer I contacted, emailed with Gary SKitromo, the Internet Sales Manager. I am shopping around and not afraid to go out of state to get the best price...I'll check out bedford. Thanks!